Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#761 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:52 PM

Doh, and here I am bragging about reading every patchnote! :doh:  Heh anyways, thanks again for you work, looks like it's finally time to set up one more Big World for me :)

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#762 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:25 PM

Thanks for the hard work man.

edit:

encountered this error during a test installation:

ERROR: Failure("resource [idpro96.pro] not found for 'COPY'")
Remove Delay for Magical Traps (Ardanis/GeN1e) (BG2 Tweak Pack) was not installed due to errors.

You can try to repair the problem and start the installation of the component again. In this case please select "retry" after the repair.
Installing [Remove Delay for Magical Traps (Ardanis/GeN1e)] [v15]
Copying 1 file ...
Copying and patching 1 file ...

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [idpro96.pro] not found in KEY file:
	[./chitin.key]
Stopping installation because of error.
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Remove Delay for Magical Traps (Ardanis/GeN1e)], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   3 files for [BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2] component 2330.
Uninstalled      3 files for [BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2] component 2330.
PLEASE email the file SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.DEBUG to pcamagna@yahoo.com
Automatically Skipping [Remove Delay for Magical Traps (Ardanis/GeN1e)] because of error.
Using Language [English]

Otherwise, clean installation. Awesome!

Attached Files

Edited by Vlan, 07 October 2014 - 04:40 PM.

#763 mfort312

mfort312
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 03:56 AM

It was 1999 since last I played BG1, and life got in the way of ever completing BG2, so it's pretty amazing to see how far the community has taken these games and run with them!  I'm having a lot of fun revisiting BG and exploring all the mods that now exist, so thanks much for all the fantastic work that's been done in stitching everything together with BGT/BWP/BWS!

I do have a couple of basic questions:

If I have a save game in progress and I reinstall the latest BWS with more or less the same (but updated) mods, will it break my saves and force me to start all over?  Is there a recommended way to incorporate updates for in-progress games?

Anyone know which mod nerfs Algernon's Cloak?  I'm unable to use it as an item to cast Charm and it's only +1 instead of +2 Charisma.

I'm running with a GOG "Recommended" BWS install with minor customized changes.

#764 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 04:06 AM

If I have a save game in progress and I reinstall the latest BWS with more or less the same (but updated) mods, will it break my saves and force me to start all over?  Is there a recommended way to incorporate updates for in-progress games?

Well, technically no, but ... practically yes. You are better off restarting, as the dialog file your game used doesn't have any of the references the new content has and having creatures whose name is item description gets to be a bit odd.

There are several mods that edit the items... Enhanced BG2 might be one, but Item Revision is the one that edits the Algernon's Cloak.

Ouh, and thanks Quiet.

Edited by The Imp, 08 October 2014 - 02:28 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#765 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 01:41 PM

Thanks QUIET! THANKS

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#766 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 03:04 PM

Fourth, I decided to add fixes for SCS reported by Mad Mate at G3 and Kreso here at SHS. They will be installed after unpacking the mod, but before installing BWFixpack. This will temporarily until fixes are included in BWFixpack or mod itself. 

I think it's well worth to use this for now, I don't know if it includes "breach on liches" fix, but includes almost all others, including some previously unknown.

Link is at the end of the post.

#767 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:15 PM

encountered this error during a test installation

Yes, a known issue. Waiting for a new release.

I think it's well worth to use this for now, I don't know if it includes "breach on liches" fix, but includes almost all others, including some previously unknown.
Link is at the end of the post.

Thanks.

Released a new version of BWS.

Updated

• Kivan and Deheriana Companions for BG2, Sarah NPC and Stratagems fix by Mad Mate.

#768 Tzarnal

Tzarnal
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 01:35 AM

Would there be any value in someone ( me ) going through the BGT presets and documenting any installation problems with them ?

#769 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 04:00 AM

I would like to ask how to add the text overhaul via BWS setup. I can't seem to be able to find it anywhere inside the selection list

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#770 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 04:26 AM

I would like to ask how to add the text overhaul via BWS setup. I can't seem to be able to find it anywhere inside the selection list

Well, it might not have been included yet. In that case one should provide a link to it, so people(well Quiet) can check it out and add the link to the list of things.

Now you do it like any other mod that's not included, you just pause the install before the Generalized biffing and after the mods that allow it to be installed, and install it manually.

In the olden days there was a BWP request thread for this sort of things, and the update phase was way longer... as it was just the BWP and Leonardo working his magic.

Edited by The Imp, 09 October 2014 - 04:39 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#771 Tzarnal

Tzarnal
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 04:42 AM

Just for the record, the text overhaul was added by Quiet 2 days ago so you no longer need to manually add it.

#772 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:01 AM

Initially it was automatically installed addon for the English version of BWP. But now it is a separate mode that can be installed on your own desire. Use the new version of BWS from 2014.10.09.

#773 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:54 AM

nevermind

Edited by Vlan, 09 October 2014 - 08:16 AM.

#774 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 07:56 AM

Initially it was automatically installed addon for the English version of BWP. But now it is a separate mode that can be installed on your own desire. Use the new version of BWS from 2014.10.09.

I'm using that one and the textpack overhaul is nowhere to be found. Where is it supposed to be? Under minimods?

#775 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 10:18 AM

Where the mod Vecna ​​himself - in BG2 Quest Mods.

Edited by Quiet, 15 October 2014 - 08:29 AM.

#776 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 02:46 PM

thank you. my error was so pathetic you would laugh at me if you knew what I did wrong

Edit: installing polytweak: There are a tons of info there,
http://forums.gibber...showtopic=25724
about when it should be installed, and it seems that the various components must be installed sometimes before, sometimes later SCS. can I install it safely?

Edit: had a weird error:

Trap Cap Removal (Ardanis/GeN1e) (BG2 Tweak Pack) was installed successfully.

Remove Delay for Magical Traps (Ardanis/GeN1e) (BG2 Tweak Pack) was not installed due to errors.

Edited by Sergio, 10 October 2014 - 05:06 AM.

#777 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 10:40 AM

Hi Quiet. As I tried to explain here, you don't need to move the CleanUp.bat but create an empty file named BiG World Project.installed in the BG2-folder. If you run the BiG World Install.bat after that, you'll get several options that include cleaning the folder.
If you run the Cleanup as you did, the batch just dies since Leonardo defines the variables used there in the main batch file and uses them in the CleanUp later. Without the variables, the batch just tells you that it does not understand what you want when %.% or %IF% are used and goes kaboom. You could also edit the Cleanup so the variables are defined, but the you'd have to look for changes more closely in the future.

(Not meant to be critique but if someone stumbles across that.)

Edited by dabus, 10 October 2014 - 10:57 AM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#778 -honjanora-

-honjanora-

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:22 AM

Options for selecting NPCs in level 1 NPC disappeared in this version.

#779 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 03:48 AM

Edit: had a weird error:

Trap Cap Removal (Ardanis/GeN1e) (BG2 Tweak Pack) was installed successfully.

Already answered.

Hi Quiet. As I tried to explain here, you don't need to move the CleanUp.bat but create an empty file named BiG World Project.installed in the BG2-folder. If you run the BiG World Install.bat after that, you'll get several options that include cleaning the folder.
If you run the Cleanup as you did, the batch just dies since Leonardo defines the variables used there in the main batch file and uses them in the CleanUp later. Without the variables, the batch just tells you that it does not understand what you want when %.% or %IF% are used and goes kaboom. You could also edit the Cleanup so the variables are defined, but the you'd have to look for changes more closely in the future.

(Not meant to be critique but if someone stumbles across that.)

Thank you, dabus. Will be fixed in the next release.

Options for selecting NPCs in level 1 NPC disappeared in this version.

Ooops. Will be returned.

#780 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:25 AM

Couldn't find this error anywhere so I'll post this. I installed a BGEE Tactics recommendation and I crash just around where the green love struck half orc and shar-teel are supposed to be, just north of Nashkel. Thought it might be the half orc smaller quest mod so I reinstalled without it and it still crashes. Have not tried removing the shar-teel level one move component yet. Thanks in advance.