Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#881 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 07:10 PM

you are a boss

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#882 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 02:12 AM

does anyone know what happens if one installs Thalantyr item upgrade together with item revisions?

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#883 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 05:32 AM

No, I was more concerned how BWS acts, in which order it installs the stuff, more the way they behave with each other, xD

#884 Tzarnal

Tzarnal
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 03:39 AM

Cool, i'll give it a quick install and see if anything obvious goes wrong.

#885 Vaerk

Vaerk
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 03:51 AM

Would be great if there was an option to install the BG1 NPC Project for the enhanced edition.

#886 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:07 AM

Hi, some new updates:

Added:

• Kit Revisions

!!!!!

#887 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:45 AM

Kit_rev is not in the select.txt. ;)
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#888 Tzarnal

Tzarnal
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 10:54 AM

Tried an installation with recently included updates, got an error during the extraction phase

8xFM1sx.png

Edited by Tzarnal, 29 December 2014 - 10:55 AM.

#889 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:47 AM

As you can see, the 7zip puts some performance-stuff onto the screen. That wasn't the case before.
If the mods tp2-file was not found in the usual places, the BWS used to look through these lines that are currently displayed and checked if a subfolder was created. It does that by looking for the OK-line and move up two lines. Since the "Everything is Ok"-line is at the top, the BWS cannot move up two lines and thus errors out (arrays are cool but fragile - if the index-number is beyond the existing range, AutoIt3 crashes).

Edit: If you can't get rid of that, I'd suggest to add the red text in Includes\12_Process.au3, line 266.
This way, lines that contain [space]Time[space]=[space] would be ignored when processing commands.
If StringRegExp($OutputArray[$o], '(?i)\sTime\s\x3d\s|Tiles processed|% decoded|%]|\A(Tile|Pos:|\s?Oggdec|\sEncoder|\sSerial|\sBitstream|\sScale|\sDecoded|\sEncoded)\s') Then ContinueLoop; cmd itself

Edited by dabus, 29 December 2014 - 12:27 PM.

#890 Tzarnal

Tzarnal
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 06:53 AM

As you can see, the 7zip puts some performance-stuff onto the screen. That wasn't the case before.
If the mods tp2-file was not found in the usual places, the BWS used to look through these lines that are currently displayed and checked if a subfolder was created. It does that by looking for the OK-line and move up two lines. Since the "Everything is Ok"-line is at the top, the BWS cannot move up two lines and thus errors out (arrays are cool but fragile - if the index-number is beyond the existing range, AutoIt3 crashes).

Edit: If you can't get rid of that, I'd suggest to add the red text in Includes\12_Process.au3, line 266.
This way, lines that contain [space]Time[space]=[space] would be ignored when processing commands.

If StringRegExp($OutputArray[$o], '(?i)\sTime\s\x3d\s|Tiles processed|% decoded|%]|\A(Tile|Pos:|\s?Oggdec|\sEncoder|\sSerial|\sBitstream|\sScale|\sDecoded|\sEncoded)\s') Then ContinueLoop; cmd itself

Went ahead and implemented the suggested fix in 2_process.au3. This seems to work for the most part but I had wto mods fail to install properly

Finch NPC: The Mod itself (FinchNPCv4beta7.zip)
Almateria's Restoration Project: The Mod itself (arpv8-0-3.zip)
IWD Item Pack: The Mod itself (IWD Item Pack.7z)
Restored BG1 Sounds: The Mod itself (InfinitySounds_v1.zip)

Almateria's Restoration extracted itself fine to the arpv8-0-3 folder but its files were not moved out properly ( failed to find .tp2 somehow ? )

Finch and Restored BG1 Sounds were present with their installers in the right location.

IWD Item Pack  I could not locate any presence of.

Something to consider when trying to fix this 7zip induced problem.

Going to provide the files manually and see if anything else comes up.

Edited by Tzarnal, 30 December 2014 - 01:39 PM.

#891 Tzarnal

Tzarnal
  • 61 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:25 AM

Got a report on the installation, this is a completely unmodified Tactics install. Normally I would not just instal an unmodified pre-selection, especially not Tactics but this seemed the best way to catch the most problems. I'm not even going to attempt an Expert pre-selection since anyone should be editing that at any rate.

I've noted all problems during the installation process or that were found at the end with my thoughts on whats going on with them.

Mod: Humple NPC

Asked for language selection in either French or Castellano during installation. Should this even be installed when english is the only translation selected ? If not should fix to include language selection.

Mod: Finch NPC
Component: Finch NPC for Tutu

I honestly have no clue why this even reported a failure, there is no trace of it in my log

Mod: Almateria's Restoration Project
- All Components

Was not properly extracted, I apparently made a mistake when manually adding files

Mod: IWD Item Pack
- All Components

Was not properly extracted,I apparently made a mistake when manually adding files

Mod: IWD Item Pack Fix
Component: Fix IWD Item Pack Items turning to Gold on load

Failed due to above

Mod: Restored BG1 Sounds
- All Components

Was not properly extracted, I apparently made a mistake when manually adding files

Mod: BG1 NPC Project
Component: The BG1 NPC Project: Bardic Reputation Adjustment

Tutu only feature, just disable this completely

Mod: Baldur's Gate Romantic Encounters
Component: Amount of -ahem- details and BG-style vs. description text!

I have no clue what causes this to fail, but it does

Mod: Aran Whitehand NPC
Component: Install Audio Files -> Install Soundset, Voiced lines, and Music
Component: Aran Configuration -> Default configuration (Soldier)
Component: Choose Aran's Portrait

According to the log:

ERROR: Failure("Unknown macro: chooseasoundtrack")

Probably either a failure in the install script or a Weidu version mismatch ?

Mod: BG2 Tweak Pack
Component: Make Cloakwood Areas Available Before Completing the Bandit Camp -> First Area Only

Duplicates functionality of another component from another mod, disable this component since its installed later ?

#892 Vandervecken

Vandervecken
  • 176 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 07:05 PM

Couple more notes:

Solaufein Flirt Pack has been updated to v11, so the download link should be:

http://www.baldursga...lirtPackV11.exe

not

http://www.baldursga...FlirtPackV1.exe

These also don't work but they aren't really used so it may not be an issue:

Umbra of TROW - Arena: The Mod itself (UoT_v1.0.rar)
Nameless Melody Inn: The Mod itself (NMT-V2.1.zip)
Tomoyo and the Underground City: The Mod itself (DNTv0.9.rar)

#893 Vandervecken

Vandervecken
  • 176 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 09:47 PM

I also run into the errors Tzarnal sees above with the new version.

#894 Dark_Walker

Dark_Walker
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:59 PM

Guys you are awesome for updating this program! :new_thumbs: I have tried using the BWP to install the mods I want but it never seems to work out. BWS is the closest I have ever gotten to a working Mega Mod Install. THANK YOU! You guys are awesome!

#895 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 05:31 AM

Quesiton: is this program integrated? http://www.shsforums...imental/page-12

#896 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:08 AM

Quesiton: is this program integrated? MMBME
No, but you can and should install it after the BWS has installed everything but perhaps the Generalized Biffing.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#897 -guest-

-guest-

Posted 03 January 2015 - 07:23 AM

I seem to be getting an error:

http://postimg.org/image/n11uyaxil/

It was extracting homeward bound at the time, although the log says that was successfull and then this pops up - so I cannot tell if its homeward bound its getting stuck on, or the next one (for which I have no name showing up due to where it stops the text on the log).

Any help please?

#898 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 07:37 AM

Scroll up...

Edit: It's just a modder that played too much with Matrjoschka–puppets, so he put his setup in an archive.
So BWS looks for the tp2 in the BG2-folder and looks if the modder put his mod in a subfolder and trips because of the replaced 7-zip file.
You can also just replace the new files in BiG World Setup\Tools-folder with the old one used in the download from October if you don't want to edit the script-file.

Edited by dabus, 03 January 2015 - 07:43 AM.

#899 -guest-

-guest-

Posted 03 January 2015 - 08:10 AM

Scroll up...

Edit: It's just a modder that played too much with Matrjoschka–puppets, so he put his setup in an archive.
So BWS looks for the tp2 in the BG2-folder and looks if the modder put his mod in a subfolder and trips because of the replaced 7-zip file.
You can also just replace the new files in BiG World Setup\Tools-folder with the old one used in the download from October if you don't want to edit the script-file.

Thank you, fixed it. This is the best tool btw, thanks a lot.

#900 Mad Mate

Mad Mate
  • 191 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 08:27 AM

@Dabus
I need your expertise.
When I tell BWS to download mod from github, downloaded file is named "%mod%-master.zip" with sub-folder "%mod%-master" which contains mod files.
Can you tell me what to change in BWS so mod files are correctly extracted?
Thanks!

Edited by Mad Mate, 03 January 2015 - 08:28 AM.