Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#921 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:17 PM

Can you add the mod that makes people able to multiclass a barbarian? Now I forgot the name... Some people could chime in and help me

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#922 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:30 PM

Can you add the mod that makes people able to multiclass a barbarian? Now I forgot the name... Some people could chime in and help me

The BG2 Tweaks is already in... but you might be thinking of the Multiclass multikit maker mod(whatever), but that has no standard components, so it has to be installed by hand. Just like the Level 1 NPCs NPC components, so no, it can't be added.

Edited by The Imp, 25 January 2015 - 01:36 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#923 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:52 PM

You could add that as a standard component and the install will wait for your input during the install (just like level1).
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#924 Aroc2

Aroc2
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:44 AM

Yvette and The White Queen, http://www.shsforums...s-of-infinity/, are BG2EE compatible now!

#925 -Ven0m_andy-

-Ven0m_andy-

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:01 PM

Everytime I try to  install the BWP with your latest "Installer" it works well only I think the downloads should start, but than it crashes and I get following error (used DEBUG to get a .log-File). Maybe you guys can help me so I can also play the BiG World Project.

16: 523 - GUICtrlSetState($g_UI_Interact[14][8], $GUI_HIDE)
16: 528 - EndIf
16: 1203 - Func _Tree_ShowComponents($p_Show = '')
00: 262 - Func _PrintDebug($p_String, $p_Show = 0)
+2133 Calling _Tree_ShowComponents00: 263
00: 264 - If $p_Show = 1 Then MsgBox(64, $g_ProgName, $p_String)
16: 1204 - _PrintDebug('+' & @ScriptLineNumber & ' Calling _Tree_ShowComponents')
16: 1205 - If $p_Show = '' Then _GUICtrlTreeView_BeginUpdate($g_UI_Handle[0])
16: 1206 - If $p_Show <> '' Then $g_GUIFold = Not $p_Show
16: 1213 - Else
16: 1214 - GUICtrlSetData($g_UI_Menu[1][5], _GetTR($g_UI_Message, '4-M2')); => show components
16: 1215 - IniWrite($g_UsrIni, 'Options', 'UnFold', '0')
16: 1216 - _GUICtrlTreeView_Expand($g_UI_Handle[0], 0, False)
16: 1218 - $g_GUIFold = '0'
16: 1219 - EndIf
16: 1220 - If $p_Show = '' Then _GUICtrlTreeView_EndUpdate($g_UI_Handle[0])
16: 529 - _Tree_ShowComponents($g_GUIFold)
16: 530 - _GUICtrlTreeView_EndUpdate($g_UI_Handle[0])
00: 142 - _Tree_Populate(0)
00: 143 - $Ignores=IniReadSection($g_UsrIni, 'IgnoredConnections'); restore ignored notices
G:\BWP\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Traced.au3 (256) : ==> Subscript used with non-Array variable.:
For $i=1 to $Ignores[0][0]
For $i=1 to $Ignores^ ERROR

----------
Variables:
----------
Variable $i=1 is not declared.
Value of $Ignores: 1

#926 -Ven0m_andy-

-Ven0m_andy-

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:03 PM

My System is Windows 8.1 x64

#927 Tzarnal

Tzarnal
  • 61 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 01:31 AM

It looks like ALIEN is in the middle of rewrting some stuff to account for new Enhanced Edition functionality. For now download and use This version: https://bitbucket.or...ws_20150104.exe

#928 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 03:39 AM

@Tzarnal: This part is for ignoring minor problems, e.g. to install mods if the conflict does not cause a crash or something.
If you edit BiG World Setup.au3 with a text-editor and add the bold lines around line 144, you'll also get rid of the crash. Can't remember if there were other things fixed later though...
If IsArray($Ignores) Then
For $c=1 to $g_Connections[0][0]
If $Ignores[$i][1] <> $g_Connections[$c][1] Then ContinueLoop
$g_Connections[$c][3] = 'W'&$g_Connections[$c][3]
ExitLoop
Next
Next
EndIf

#929 -Ven0m_andy-

-Ven0m_andy-

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:43 AM

Still got this error I have added this at exact line 144 in the BiG World Setup.au3. I have also tried the 4th January released Version. It still crashes at the exact same point. I think when it starts to download the stuff.

The log is:

16: 528 - EndIf
16: 1203 - Func _Tree_ShowComponents($p_Show = '')
00: 271 - Func _PrintDebug($p_String, $p_Show = 0)
+2133 Calling _Tree_ShowComponents00: 272
00: 273 - If $p_Show = 1 Then MsgBox(64, $g_ProgName, $p_String)
16: 1204 - _PrintDebug('+' & @ScriptLineNumber & ' Calling _Tree_ShowComponents')
16: 1205 - If $p_Show = '' Then _GUICtrlTreeView_BeginUpdate($g_UI_Handle[0])
16: 1206 - If $p_Show <> '' Then $g_GUIFold = Not $p_Show
16: 1213 - Else
16: 1214 - GUICtrlSetData($g_UI_Menu[1][5], _GetTR($g_UI_Message, '4-M2')); => show components
16: 1215 - IniWrite($g_UsrIni, 'Options', 'UnFold', '0')
16: 1216 - _GUICtrlTreeView_Expand($g_UI_Handle[0], 0, False)
16: 1218 - $g_GUIFold = '0'
16: 1219 - EndIf
16: 1220 - If $p_Show = '' Then _GUICtrlTreeView_EndUpdate($g_UI_Handle[0])
16: 529 - _Tree_ShowComponents($g_GUIFold)
16: 530 - _GUICtrlTreeView_EndUpdate($g_UI_Handle[0])
00: 142 - _Tree_Populate(0)
00: 143 - $Ignores=IniReadSection($g_UsrIni, 'IgnoredConnections'); restore ignored notices
00: 152 - EndIf
G:\BWP\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Traced.au3 (274) : ==> Subscript used with non-Array variable.:
For $i=1 to $Ignores^ ERROR

----------
Variables:
----------
Variable $i=1 is not declared.
Value of $Ignores: 1

#930 -Ven0m_andy-

-Ven0m_andy-

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:06 AM

It works. I really thank you very much for all of your help and time. I hope I will not encounter any other problems. Have a nice day and keep up the great work!

#931 -Ven0m_andy-

-Ven0m_andy-

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:21 AM

I have a little question I have downloaded all the mods for the BWP Standard Edition and placed them in the BiG World Downloads folder. So now what option do I need to select to install BWP? I have BG1 + 2 both GOG Version. But I see there are 2 options which I could not make the difference between. "Baldur's Gate 2 / Baldur's Gate (BWP)" or "Baldur's Gate 2 / BiG World Project Install.bat.". What is the difference and what do I need to select?

#932 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:35 AM

Why would you download those files yourself? The purpose of the BWS is to do that for you. (I mean, you can do it, but I view it as more work.)
Including extraction and installation. If you want to install via BiG World Installpack (batch-files), you select that, or you stay with the BWS approach to install and be able to select you components by clicking through a GUI.

Edit: @Alien: I don't think that the approach is much different for Andy since it seems like he already selected mods one way or the other and must have spent some time to select those. And if you think about having groups like in the batch, you can either just let the components-tree closed or if there's something new (like the adult question ages ago). you (as in Alien) could create groups to ease the selection of that group.

But I also think that you should use the things you're comfortable with.

Edited by dabus, 01 February 2015 - 05:45 AM.

#933 -Ven0m_andy-

-Ven0m_andy-

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:37 AM

I downloaded all the mods with the BWS option "Baldur's Gate 2 / Baldur's Gate (BWP)" and I selected the "Standard" option. Either way it is installing right now with this selected stuff.

#934 -Ven0m_andy-

-Ven0m_andy-

Posted 01 February 2015 - 11:03 AM

Ok during the installation process I got some errors still it is not finished. I hope this is not a "major" problem. Maybe I should have used the BIG WORLD INSTALL.bat-Method.

#935 -trotos-

-trotos-

Posted 03 February 2015 - 02:12 PM

Hi guys

I am getting the following message:

Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file error
it looks for tmp.bat

should I worry???

#936 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 02:41 PM

BWS creates those to execute things like move, copy, batches.
So it is bad that you had that error.

Can you look if the file exists?
Can you check if you can create files in the BG2-folder?

#937 -trotos-

-trotos-

Posted 05 February 2015 - 10:19 AM

Got more. I only want to play BG2...
1. at the start up windows of BWS what am I sellecting?
"BG2/BGT (BWP) customization"
"BG2/BGP install.bat only"
I am asking because in no read me file is really clarification of the what is what, and also the way that mods are listed is completly different.

2. whatever the selection might be, lets say that I extract my selections in the BWS-selection.ini... and then what if I load/import the file to BWS? result is crash with error:
AutoIt v3 Script has stopped working

Any clues/help is greatly appreciated

#938 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 10:26 AM

Got more. I only want to play BG2...
1. at the start up windows of BWS what am I sellecting?
"BG2/BGT (BWP) customization"
"BG2/BGP install.bat only"
I am asking because in no read me file is really clarification of the what is what, and also the way that mods are listed is completly different.
Either, you just put the "-" mark without the quote marks to the BG1's directory.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#939 -trotos-

-trotos-

Posted 05 February 2015 - 12:43 PM

I have disabled UAC, I have the game installed in c:\GOG Games\BGII - SoA\
I have gave permissions for full control, I still get the error tmp.bat not found!!!

#940 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 03:14 PM

I have disabled UAC, I have the game installed in c:\GOG Games\BGII - SoA\
I have gave permissions for full control, I still get the error tmp.bat not found!!!
And your OS is ?
Earlier, if you had Windows 8 (the 8.1 didn't exist), you had to have all files you intended to modify in the c:\users\<user name>\ sub-folders; So c:\users\imp\Games\BGII - SoA\ would be a folder I could install the game to, for them to be fully controllable by me.