Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#961 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:23 AM

Download
or
Download
Hey folks, I am a bit confused about this Bitbucket business, BWS updates and stuff, hope you could help me out! :)

First download link in quote leads me to a version of January 4th, plain and simple. Second download link leads to a pretty much unnumbered version with Changelog-Mods file having changes listed up to January 4th as well, but having file creation date set as January 12th. Finally, "Changelog" link in Aliens signature takes me to what looks like list of changes with entries up to January 12th, of which I don't know if they're incorporated into any release yet or just, well, are listed.

So, how are these things connected and, most importantly, which link yields to most recent BWS version?

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#962 Vaerk

Vaerk
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:10 AM

Changes from my signature aren't incorporated into release yet. I'm planning to release a new version soon.

I hope the next version has the option to install BGEE unfinished business. Then BWS has every mod I'll ever need. 8)

#963 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:57 AM

I hope the next version somehow has the option to install a completed and flawless EET mod which somehow includes "Adventure Y", even though it's still in development! :Tasty:

#964 -Enzos-

-Enzos-

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:29 PM

This installer looks awesome, I remember it taking me days of frustration when I had to install BWP manually. But, how do I start this setup? I can't find any executable anywhere, and the guides only say to "simply use BWS instead". Should the .vbs files be executable or something? :S

#965 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:59 PM

Should the .vbs files be executable or something? :S
That's the file you need to run(via double click, nothing else), the executable today are not just .exe's, there's .bat files that use the old format command processor (cmd.exe). And .vbs'es.
The .vbs'es use windows own visual basic script's handler which was added in the base Windows XP.
There's also .exe's files that are technically .exe's at all, but auto executable archive files, and so forth.

Edited by The Imp, 19 February 2015 - 03:16 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#966 Enzos

Enzos
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:34 AM

okay, but I solved my problem. Was just my antivirus deleting autoit3.exe, saw it vanish before my eyes and got suspicious. :P

edit: oh and I knew that there are more executables then just .exe's nowadays, that was why I asked. Shoulda known it was my antivirus trolling me though.

Edited by Enzos, 20 February 2015 - 03:36 AM.

#967 -guest-

-guest-

Posted 22 February 2015 - 04:49 AM

Changes from my signature aren't incorporated into release yet. I'm planning to release a new version soon.

Do you have some thought of when this will be? I was planning on installing a megamod this weekend.

Thanks for all the work you do on the BWS btw.

#968 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:20 AM

Thanks for all the work you do on the BWS btw.

Indeed!

#969 GIS88

GIS88
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:36 AM

I EET established only with the file TileConv - A MOSTIS Compressor \ tileconv-0.5 \ bin \ win32 \ x86_64 \ tileconv.exe.

I have Windows 8.1 x64.
The text is translated google.

Bugs in EET -

bug.jpg

bug2.jpg

Edited by GIS88, 23 February 2015 - 05:29 AM.

#970 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:18 AM

GIS88, the problem with water is explained here (I'm using swit nickname on Beamdog forum). Unfortunately Beamdog is not interested in adding BG:EE areas compatibility for BG2:EE engine, or at least that’s how I understand no further response in that topic. Tool that will be able to unpack PVRZ files is in the works, so if Crevs Daak succeeds with this endeavor, than it will be indeed fixed. As for the mod itself it's pretty much finished, but I'm still adding minor features and improvements (recently IWD:EE INI files support for all animations in game) that fairly often leads to regressions which may lead to crashes. That's why it's not recommended to play with the daily builds just yet, even if broken water don't bother you.

Edited by K4thos, 24 February 2015 - 09:35 AM.

#971 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:02 PM

There's a problem with the Classic Adventures installer that causes Au3 to crash. To fix this, these lines in the Select.txt:

STD;BG1Sounds;0;20;0111;
STD;BG1Sounds;1;20;0111;
STD;BG1Sounds;2;20;0111;
STD;BG1Sounds;3;20;0111;
MUC;BG1Sounds;Init;20;0111;
MUC;BG1Sounds;4;20;0111;
MUC;BG1Sounds;5;20;0000;
STD;BG1Sounds;6;20;0000;
STD;BG1Sounds;7;20;0000;

need to be changed to this:

STD;BG1Sounds;0;13;0111;
STD;BG1Sounds;1;13;0111;
STD;BG1Sounds;2;13;0111;
STD;BG1Sounds;3;13;0111;
MUC;BG1Sounds;Init;13;0111;
MUC;BG1Sounds;4;13;0111;
MUC;BG1Sounds;5;13;0000;
STD;BG1Sounds;6;13;0000;
STD;BG1Sounds;7;13;0000;

Edited by William Imm, 24 February 2015 - 03:02 PM.

At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#972 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:00 AM

ALIEN do you have any idea when you will release new BWS?
Thanks for the hard work by the way :)

#973 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:29 AM

ALIEN do you have any idea when you will release new BWS?
Thanks for the hard work by the way :)

I've been following the Changelog and he's been updating it a lot =)

I also wanted to say that I'm still working on completing BG1EE for the first time, and I've only ever played the starting area of BG2, so I'm a noob. But I've read about a lot of different mods and were interested in the following ones, but noticed that they weren't included in the last BWS update (20150104) for BG1&2EE. Sorry if this is a dumb question as I am unfamiliar with how modding works, but does anyone know if it's possible that the following Baldur's Gate BWP mods will ever be EE-compatible? I'd like to try them out someday (after I've completed BG1&2EE Vanilla).

Dark Side of the Sword Coast

Northern Tales of the Sword Coast

Secret of Bone Hill

Check the Bodies

Never Ending Journey

Shadows over Soubar

Tortured Souls

Ascension

Alternatives

I was also interested these:

Chloe NPC

Solaufein NPC

Valen NPC

Lucy the Wyvern

Facing the Shade Lord again

The Minitaur and Liacor

Crossmod Banter Pack

Jan's Extended Quest

Korgan's Redemption

Solaufein Flirt Pack

Homeward Bound

Turnabout

Refinements

Mal des Vampirismus

and B!Tweaks "Lite" (just because I like the 'Flexible alignment restrictions for paladins and druids' component)

Obviously I don't expect anyone to know about ALL of these mods, lol. I've found other mods that have just recently become EE-compatible, but was unable to find much, if any, solid information on the ones listed above.

Thanks for any info or insight, and again, thank you so much to ALIEN and anyone else working on updating the BWS! For people like me who are either too clueless, confused, or impatient, the BWS is a wonderful and amazing tool! =)

Edited by Ser Elryk, 25 February 2015 - 10:03 AM.

#974 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:46 PM

Ascension - nothing as I know is planed

It's likely that this mod will eventually be redone at the PPG, as Cuv has been working on it for years, but I have no idea of the status of it.

As of the Secret of Bone Hill, it will be released for the EE, as it's a side project to K4thos, while the EETrilogy is on beta. And he said that it will be compatible with both, the EET and BG1EE.

Edited by The Imp, 25 February 2015 - 12:52 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#975 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:05 PM

Thanks for the info, ALIEN and The Imp! :)

That IS bullshit about NEJ and Tortured Souls! Oh, well. I really hope Ascension gets updated eventually, because all I've ever heard about it is how awesome and essential it is.

Is anyone going to fix the Chloe NPC mod so that everything works? I'm not knowledgeable enough to edit a tp2 (or even know what a tp2 is :lol2: )

#976 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:09 PM

At the moment, I'm trying to add to BWS for all games and with lot of conflict-logic. New BWS version could be released at the end of the week  :Tasty:

Super excited to hear that! I have no idea how you manage to wade through hundreds of constantly updated mods and thousands of components and resolve conflicts between them as well as keeping it all updated to work with official patches. Seems like a crazy amount of work!

Update: Is the "Improved Ascension" component in the Big Picture mod the same thing? Is it the added content and dialogue from Davaid Gaider or is it something else? What's the difference between Ascension and "BP - Ascension" as far as BG2:EE goes?? I is confused!! :doh:

Edited by Ser Elryk, 25 February 2015 - 02:31 PM.

#977 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:47 AM

Update: Is the "Improved Ascension" component in the Big Picture mod the same thing? Is it the added content and dialogue from Davaid Gaider or is it something else?What's the difference between Ascension and "BP - Ascension" as far as BG2:EE goes?? I is confused!! :doh:

BP Ascension is the same as "original", albeit it uses different code. The difference is that the original won't work on EE, while BP version will.

Fwiw, I use the original version.

#978 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 04:12 AM

BP Ascension is the same as "original", albeit it uses different code. The difference is that the original won't work on EE, while BP version will.

Fwiw, I use the original version.

Ahhh, okay, thanks for clarifying. :)

#979 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:01 AM

It should also be noted that mods like the Ascension have had special place in the hearts of many, and so some of it's parts are looked for by other mods, mods like the SCS, so when the SCS is installed, it behaves a little differently when it sees that the original Ascension mod has been installed than when it doesn't find it. This behavior doesn't extend to the BP-Ascension though, so the two installs will be different, and likely less optimal.
This is partly a reason why you should go with either the BP or the (Ascension+)SCS. And not both.

#980 Echoed Dreams

Echoed Dreams
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:45 AM

I think someone should pin this thread... Or maybe have a separate sub-forum thingy like  there is for the BWP, SOS, etc

Anyway, does anyone know how to contribute to this thing? I'm guessing BitBucket is like GitHub in that people can make contributions to it... do I need an account or something? What do I do then?