Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#981 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:52 AM

@The Imp  Hmm... Well when I run the BWS (for BG2EE), under Big Picture I only select the 'Add Bags of Holding & Throwing Daggers to Stores', 'Level 50 Rules', 'Level 1 Innate Fixer', 'BP core component', and the 'Improved Ascension' components. I do also install components from SCS, but I deselect anything that's A.I. related. So should I still run into trouble, or no?

Also, should the 'Level 1 Innate Fixer' component really be used? It's recommended in the BWS, but I think I remember reading some debate over at the baldursgate.com forums with some people saying it was necessary and others were saying to stay away from it. Could anyone clarify anything about the 'Level 1 Innate Fixer'? I'm still a noob so my understanding of what it does and what it may conflict with is limited. (I know, I know: FNG)

Another unrelated question ***WITH SPOILERS***:

Even though I haven't played BG2 yet, it was already spoiled for me that Bodhi kidnaps and turns your love interest into a vampire (or something along those lines). So my question is: Under the BG2 Tweak Pack there is component 3183 "Allow Multiple Romances". If it is enabled, and I get to the Bodhi part, how does that work if I have more than one romance going? (Also don't judge me for wanting a playthrough where I have a harem  :D )

I would also like to contribute to the BWS in my own limited way. I know I can attach and post my DEBUG after installation. So if I run into any issues and want to report them where do I send my DEBUG? Here, or do I PM someone, and if so, who?

Sorry for clogging this thread the past couple of days with what are probably dumb, Noober-like questions. I just recently rediscovered these wonderful games, and am just excited and enthusiastic :)

Edited by Ser Elryk, 27 February 2015 - 10:53 AM.

#982 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:42 AM

Also, should the 'Level 1 Innate Fixer' component really be used?
It's actually in a few of the mods. The reason why it's there is that the scripting of the innate spells that are not of level one is really hard to do, as the minimum casting level is determined by the creatures class, and if it's class is non standard(say troll), their caster level is only 1. Making it unable to cast a level 2 innate spells even if it had 30 "troll" levels. With scripting that allows the level 1 innate spell to be casted without memorization. (as there the scripts condition is the deciding fact, not the requirements of the actual spell).
That's the pro-side, I have yet to hear the con-sides actual explanation.

So if I run into any issues and want to report them where do I send my DEBUG?
The old and best tradition is to make your very own thread in the megamod help forum right here in SHSforums, attach the debug files in a .zip archive and specify on what you need help with.
I think someone should pin this thread... Or maybe have a separate sub-forum thingy like there is for the BWP, SOS, etc
Well, I don't know, the BWP and BWS have traditionally been quite much BWP = BWS , and such a thing would be just a mess to work out to every member of the forum. Say, of which of those was the Guest actually talking about ? And I'll just insist that it was the other. :devil: So I just kinda answered both, for more fun.

Edited by The Imp, 27 February 2015 - 11:53 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#983 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:54 AM

The old and best tradition is to make your very own thread in the megamod help forum right here in SHSforums, attach the debug files in a .zip archive and specify on what you need help with.

Thanks! I'll do that if I run into any issues after the next BWS update :) Do you happen to know if deselecting the AI components of SCS will allow it to work with BP - Ascension?

And does anyone know how the Bodhi incident, and "Allow multiple romances" mod-component, work together?

Edited by Ser Elryk, 27 February 2015 - 11:54 AM.

#984 honjae

honjae
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:21 AM

ERROR Installing [Smarter Mages -> Mages only cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat if they are created in sight of the PC], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 104 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 6031.
Uninstalled    104 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 6031.
ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "stratagems/mage/resource/dw#vamim.spl")
Detailed error information can be found in the file SETUP-STRATAGEMS.DEBUG . For help troubleshooting installation problems, go to the Sword Coast Stratagems forum at forums.gibberlings3.net.
Automatically Skipping [Smarter Mages -> Mages only cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat if they are created in sight of the PC] because of error.
Using Language [English]

I keep getting this error.

Is anyone else getting this error?

#985 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:42 AM

Baldurs Gate 1 Romantic Encounters just does not work (every version besides 1.0 fails to get installed with BWS)

this is the error log for 1.3

Spoiler

#986 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:36 AM

@Vlan

Which version of BWS do you use and on which game to install (BGT/BGEE)? I just checked the latest version on BGT and I have everything well installed.

#987 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:01 AM

Quiet is this the version with all changes from ALIEN`s Changelog or should i wait a bit longer? :D 

#988 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:05 AM

@Vlan

Which version of BWS do you use and on which game to install (BGT/BGEE)? I just checked the latest version on BGT and I have everything well installed.

My bad. It's working now. I did not see that component 0000 needs two checks.

One for what version you want to install and number two if you want to install components or not install components with warnings.

However, there is a problem with component 0231 of the mod "BG1 NPCS for SOA". It does not get installed in the actual BWS setup, therefore I have to intall it manually after the whole setup is completed (using original BG and newest version).

Edited by Vlan, 01 March 2015 - 11:08 AM.

#989 Echoed Dreams

Echoed Dreams
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:22 PM

Ah... Sorry if this has already been reported but BWS (I have  the latest version) was extracting the homeward bound mod and it gave me this error just before it crashed:

Line 60 (File "(C:\Games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Includes\07_Extract.au3"): 

$Dir = StringRegExpReplace($DirList[$n-2], '(?i)extracting\s*|x5c',")

$Dir = StringRegExpReplace($DirList[^ERROR

Error: Array variable subscript badly formatted.

#990 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:14 PM

Use an editor like notespad to open C:\Games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Includes\07_Extract.au3.
Search for For $n = $DirList[0] To 1 Step -1 and replace it with For $n = $DirList[0] To 3 Step -1.
I thought that was already replaced some time ago...

Edit: Error and fix was reported here.
You did not update the 7z yourself?

Edited by dabus, 01 March 2015 - 02:18 PM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#991 manwe858

manwe858
  • 139 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:50 PM

Hello, I've discovered an incompatibility between IR and BG2 Tweaks. The Weapon Changes from IR and Alter Weapon Proficiencies: Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies from BG2 Tweaks overwrite each others changes. The only bug in the game that I notice is that the descriptions of weapons will now say: "Katana\Wakizashi\Wakizashi" and "Mace\Morningstar\Morninstar". This is because BG2 Tweaks is installed after and does a Replace_Textually for Katana and Mace. 

As per this post from the G3 forum: http://gibberlings3....=27146&p=233188

I'm noting this here so that maybe a conflict could be incorporated into BWS since that's what I used to perform my installation. Let me know if you require any more information.

-M

#992 Echoed Dreams

Echoed Dreams
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:36 PM

Use an editor like notespad to open C:\Games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Includes\07_Extract.au3.
Search for For $n = $DirList[0] To 1 Step -1 and replace it with For $n = $DirList[0] To 3 Step -1.
I thought that was already replaced some time ago...

Edit: Error and fix was reported here.
You did not update the 7z yourself?

Thanks very much! It's working now!

:blush: :doh: Ugh.. I feel so... stupid now... 7zip was the problem... (on the bright side it did make the extraction a lot faster... although that could've just been placebo...)

I'm going to go hide in the corner of shame now...

#993 manwe858

manwe858
  • 139 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:41 PM

ERROR Installing [Smarter Mages -> Mages only cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat if they are created in sight of the PC], rolling back to previous state
Detailed error information can be found in the file SETUP-STRATAGEMS.DEBUG . For help troubleshooting installation problems, go to the Sword Coast Stratagems forum at forums.gibberlings3.net.
Automatically Skipping [Smarter Mages -> Mages only cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat if they are created in sight of the PC] because of error.
Using Language [English]

In the latest version of stratagems this file is missing from the folder specified in the ERROR line. If you download the previous version of stratagems and find the file you can move it to the latest version and try again. That's how I got mine to work.

-M

#994 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:06 AM

EDIT: I'm tired and I still didn't do all test which I wanted, I don't want to rush with the release. Those who are impatient can download BWS with latest changes using the link from my signature.

Take your time! No need to rush. Get some rest :new_thumbs:

#995 honjae

honjae
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:19 AM

Using Language [English]

In the latest version of stratagems this file is missing from the folder specified in the ERROR line. If you download the previous version of stratagems and find the file you can move it to the latest version and try again. That's how I got mine to work.

-M

Thanks!

But now I seem to have another problem.

The extraction of the following mod(s) failed:
Crossmod Banter Pack: The Mod itself (Crossmod_Banter_Pack_for_Baldurs_Gate_II-Testing.zip)
Difficulty and Tweak mod: The Mod itself (Diff_Tweak.zip)

The Installation should be able to run properly.
Missing mods, which were needed, can ruin the installation.
Check if you need the mods, which you could not extracted.
Do you want to remove the mods, which the "BiG World Setup" could not
extract, from the installation-list for safety reasons?
(Note: If you could extract the listed mods for your own then choose "N" to let
them in the installation-list.)
Enter [y]es, [n]o or [c]ancel.
[n]
cd /D "C:õBWGõBaldur's Gate 2"

C:õBWGõBaldur's Gate 2>Error during changing into directory C:\BWG\Baldur's Gate 2.
Exiting due to major problems.

BWS wasn't able extract the mods above. I'm not hundred percent sure when it's asking me to do when it tells me to extract.

#996 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:46 AM

Well, the BWS detected errors and asks if you want to try to extract those mods without error on your own.
Installing mods which content is not ok may not be a very good idea, so the BWS wants to remove those from the installation.

You decline, the BWS wants to switch into the BG2-path and fails miserably. Maybe you use some odd codepage?
The backslash is totally busted. cd /D "C:õBWGõBaldur's Gate 2" should be cd /D "C:\BWG\Baldur's Gate 2"
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#997 honjae

honjae
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:29 PM

Well, the BWS detected errors and asks if you want to try to extract those mods without error on your own.
Installing mods which content is not ok may not be a very good idea, so the BWS wants to remove those from the installation.

You decline, the BWS wants to switch into the BG2-path and fails miserably. Maybe you use some odd codepage?
The backslash is totally busted. cd /D "C:õBWGõBaldur's Gate 2" should be cd /D "C:\BWG\Baldur's Gate 2"

I did extract them, and I put them in BG2 folder. Don't know what else I cna do.

Also I think backslash being weird is due to my computer being in Japanese locale.

Would locale effect installation? I think it's unlikely.

#998 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:47 PM

Would locale effect installation? I think it's unlikely.

Well, the Windows code page can, it's the bases the programs read and code some of the things they do, if it's set to be a non-ANSI, you probably need to change it to that (1252) to allow for example dos programs like weidu.exe to understand what you write, also you should mark down the original setting so you can return back to it if you find it necessary, as programs use the coding in the file letters, as the 1252 doesn't have the Japanese characters on it, so the file names get to be a bit wonky for as long as you have it set to the 1252 set. .
Follow the point #3.2 from this FAQ I wrote years ago.

Edited by The Imp, 02 March 2015 - 02:59 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#999 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:12 AM

Thank you Alien and Silent for all your hard work :)
I will probeably try installing today :)

#1000 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 02:33 AM

"Thank you Alien and Silent for all your hard work :)"

INDEED! YAY FOR bws_20150302!!! XD

I had a few hiccups during my installations, which I will list. My debugs and weidu logs are posted below.

**BGEE1**

-- Problems During Extraction --

Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Graphics Overhaul

bgeegraphics13.part1.rar
seemed to extract with no problems

bgeegraphics13.part2.rar seemed to fail.

bgeegraphics13.part3.rar seemed to not extract at all.

(Also, prior to extraction, clicking "Test present mods" seems to damage bgeegraphics13.part1.rar, and delete bgeegraphics13.part3.rar)

-- Problems During Installation --

BG1 NPC Project:
Banter Timing Tweak

BG1 Unfinished Business:
Area Corrections and Restorations

Rogue Rebalancing:
Thief kit revisions

BP-BGT Worldmap

-- Oddities While Playing --

During Character Generation, under the Fighter class where the Duskblade Kit slot should be, it instead says "Spells LVL 3" with "Keen Weapon" written in the description box.

Alec (from the Romantic Encounters Mod) appears as 2 separate identical NPCs standing next to each other.

Attached File  BiG World Debug.7z   22.25K   175 downloads

Attached File  WeiDU.log   20.32K   244 downloads

** BG2EE **

-- MOD SELECTION --

Quest Mods:

Innershade - Components 0000: Colours of Infinity: Innershade, & 0002: Talks for original Bioware NPCs

The boxes are unchecked but highlighted green.

Rules & Tweaks:

Almateria's Restoration Project; The mod name is highlighted green, but all the boxes are highlighted blue.

Big Picture (Now an Expert Mod), is still checked in the Standard version along with several components)

Stores and Items:

Ding0's Quest Pack (Shouldn't this be listed under Quest Mods instead?)

Character-Kits:

NPC Kitpack - Component 2500: Give Nalia Adventurer Kit, & Give Nalia a Mage Kit (2510: Abjurer), are both checked and highlighted green. (Wouldn't they conflict?)

-- CONFLICTS/DEPENDANCIES --

Mod:
Innershade

Component:
Colours of Inifinity: Innershade

... is in need of

Mod:
Innershade

Component:
Add Innershade to Worldmap (You "must" pick one of these components, otherwise the mod won't run as it should.) -> No

/The dependency was removed due to it's translation.

(This is if I try to select "Innershade Component 0003: Yes" during MODSELECTION.)

-- EXTRACTION --

Upgradable Dak'kon's Blade (dakkon.7z) seemed to have several errors.

The extraction failed. After entering (t)est it said "The following files seem to be damaged.

I then extracted dakkon.7z manually.

-- INSTALLATION --

Sword Coast Stratagems:
Component ????: Treat mages' and priests' High-Level Abilities as innate rather than memorisable spells

It also said at the end of installation "21918 files exist in your override-folder. The game may slow down if around 10.000 files are present. Thus please make sure the game runs fine. If that's not the case, load and install the Generalized Biffing mod."

(The Generalized Biffing Mod was not included in the MOD SELECTION section. Is it not yet compatible with BG2EE?)

-- Side Notes --

Possible Conflicts?:

:::

BG2 Tweak Pack - Component 4090: Make Montaron an Assassin (Andyr)

&

Scales of Balance - Component 0840: Make Montaron an Assassin

BG2 Tweak Pack - Alter Multiclass Restrictions (Components: 2350, 2351, 2352)

&

Scales of Balance - Component 0700: Multiclass Changes

-- Just Some Minor Comments --

BG1EE "Recommended" version

Quest Mods:

T'was a Slow Boat from Kara-Tur is selected, but is highlighted blue.

NPCs:

Valerie NPC is not selected, but is still highlighted green.

Character Kits: (BG1EE)

Chantelame [EN]:

In-game text is not English.

Attached File  BiG World Debug.7z   34.28K   163 downloads

Attached File  WeiDU.log   30.91K   276 downloads

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

*Big World Project* Standard version

Wouldn't these components conflict?

Scales of Balance - Component 0806: Make Minsc a Barbarian Ranger

&

NPC Kitpack - Component 2300: Change Minsc's Title to Rashemaar Ranger

- BG2 NPC Mods -

Jastey's Solaufein

&

Weimer's Solaufein

- BG2 NPC Related Mods -

La'Viconia

&

- Character Kits -

Divine Remix Component 0610: Install Nightcloak of Shar Kit for Viconia

Do these conflict?

-- Side Notes --

BG1 Quest Mods:

Ascalon's Questpack [EN] has some quest/npc texts which are either not in English or in very broken English

BG2 NPCs:

Silver Star NPC. The description says "You should always have Silver Star in your party if you install the mod. because if you don't do that, dialogues get scrumbled and it causes a faulty game."

Shouldn't this mod be changed to "Expert" with that in mind?

**IWD2**

"The following mod(s) could not be downloaded:

Mixed IWDII Fixes: The Mod itself (IWD2_sorcerers_fixes.7z)*
*  Cannot proceed installation without this essential mod."

I can't find this anywhere. Could you update the link, perhaps?

Well, that's it for now. I'm falling over asleep. I'm going to try a BGT Install tomorrow.

Hope this all made sense or helped at all.

Edited by Ser Elryk, 03 March 2015 - 02:35 AM.