Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#1481 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:04 AM

Might I suggest marking this Web component from SpellPack and NeJ (all versions) as expert until someone properly tests it out and irons out all kinks :unsure:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#1482 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:35 AM

It should be doable with SK. Look under "affects" tab, the thing you want to remove should start with an LC prefix. Can't vouch for anything, however.

#1483 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:52 AM

Might I suggest marking this Web component from SpellPack and NeJ (all versions) as expert until someone properly tests it out and irons out all kinks :unsure:

I don't know about setting it as eXpert, but more prefered thing would be to disable it's selection by all defaults. So no one installs it without knowing that there could be a kink in it.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#1484 Tzarnal

Tzarnal
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:54 AM

I've had nothing but grief with crossroads spellpack. Deselecting it or moving it to expert seem perfectly reasonable to me.

#1485 Perdido

Perdido
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 07:00 AM

Another error I forgot about that was consistently popping up,

C:\GOG Games\Baldur's Gate 2>

ERROR: error loading [wmart/cre/WMART1.CRE]
ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "wmart/cre/WMART1.CRE")
Deidre and Joluv in BGT (Deidre and Joluv in BG:EE) was not installed due to errors.

Edited by Perdido, 08 August 2015 - 03:00 PM.

#1486 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 07:25 AM

Wow that was extremely bad :( Someone report this to CoM please - the mod is essentially useless in BGT because it's not installable in its current state. Meanwhile... BWPFixpack'd! Thanks for reporting.

Also, I took a look at the BG2eeAR error and the mod installs fine with the BWPFixpack patch applied so I dunno why you're getting the error :( (are you on an EE based install?)

Edited by Lollorian, 08 August 2015 - 07:29 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#1487 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 07:29 AM

I wouldn't go so far as to remove the whole mod from the installs, as it can work well if it's the only spell modifying mod the spell in question is touched mechanically, which is why its install is very heavily component based(as in, hah, my spell system alteration mod works well with it, as it doesn't make differences to the projectiles etc. ).

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#1488 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 07:35 AM

Wow that was extremely bad :( Someone report this to CoM please - the mod is essentially useless in BGT because it's not installable in its current state. Meanwhile... BWPFixpack'd! Thanks for reporting.

Also, I took a look at the BG2eeAR error and the mod installs fine with the BWPFixpack patch applied so I dunno why you're getting the error :( (are you on an EE based install?)

Might wanna check here. :whistling:

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#1489 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 07:40 AM

I don't know about setting it as eXpert, but more prefered thing would be to disable it's selection by all defaults. So no one installs it without knowing that there could be a kink in it.

This what Jarno said. 

#1490 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:00 AM

Hi Quiet.

The Area Patcher will fail to install each component if its requirements are not met.

So, if you try to install the fix for Jarls BGT Adventure Pack, it will fail if you did not install Jarls BGT Adventure Pack Mod.

Same for the Shadows over Soubar and Never Ending Journey.

Yes, I know that, but anyway thanks for the explanation. Hopefully, now the problem is solved.

Problem with IWD:EE NPC mod alternative class selection: you can't choose any of the new kits introduced by EE. For example there should be an option to make Korin an archer.

I added a new components, and hope they will work as it should.

I'm in the middle of yet another installation using the most updated version of BWSetup and the BG2 Team EE Armor Pack error message is popping up again,

The fix in the current fixpack from github works fine. ;)

BiG-world-fixpack-master.zip ? Because that's what BWS downloaded for me this morning/last night.

Have just installed four BGTeam pack's (Armor and Weapon for BG1 and for BG2), and they all installed without errors. So I don't know what caused the error in your installation. Try to delete the old file with the mod and allow BWS to download it again.

SpellPack's Web now disabled.

Mark all NEJ versions as expert? Then it is better to remove the old versions, and keep only the last one, which is already marked as an expert. Meanwhile v6.8 is available as a standard because it is considered to be the most compatible with BGT. NEJ v6.91+6.94 is the latest available official version, so it is understandable why it is also included in BWP. And why v6.02 still in BWP I don't know (except that it's the only translated into Russian :)).

#1491 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:16 AM

SpellPack's Web now disabled.

Mark all NEJ versions as expert? Then it is better to remove the old versions, and keep only the last one, which is already marked as an expert. Meanwhile v6.8 is available as a standard because it is considered to be the most compatible with BGT. NEJ v6.91+6.94 is the latest available official version, so it is understandable why it is also included in BWP. And why v6.02 still in BWP I don't know (except that it's the only translated into Russian :)).

I had a discussion with Leonardo about the NeJs over PMs - the next BWP release will probably include changes to how the BWP deals with NeJ :) The BWP will only install the latest public version and it will most probably be marked SUPERULTRAMEGA EXPERT for extra caution :P

People like micbaldur who can deal with stuff themselves can report stuff they find and we can include them in the BWPFixpack as they are found (until NeJv7 is publicly out)

#1492 Valikdu

Valikdu
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 09:20 AM

Well, I've instead resolved to make another install and try to make it as close as possible so the saves would work.

They worked; and removing the Web component of the Spell Pack is indeed the solution.

#1493 Valikdu

Valikdu
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 12:07 PM

Oh what the hell

...I guess it wasn't close enough for the saves.

#1494 Perdido

Perdido
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 03:08 PM

No, I'm using a GOG install and picked the appropriate BG2 BWP install when I did it.

Also, I deleted all downloaded mods (aside from a couple that you have to download manually or have problems downloading, like the Legion of Hell one), re-installed BWS with the latest version and the only error that's being produced now is the Deidre and Joluv in BGT one. Didn't have any issues with the BG2eeAR one. It appears to have resolved itself, so I dunno what's going on.

E: Is there a way to manually fix the Web spell graphic issue? Had that issue in my last working install.

Edited by Perdido, 08 August 2015 - 03:16 PM.

#1495 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 03:28 PM

E: Is there a way to manually fix the Web spell graphic issue? Had that issue in my last working install.
Yes, the last time this was brought up, was a long time ago and I concluded that you could replace the used animation file with an empty 1 square transparent tile to fix it... but I can't find it anymore using the google search of this site.

The other way to probably fix it is to undo the change by:
copy d0spiweb.spl from the spellpackb6/backup/1203 folder into override
-folder.

Edited by The Imp, 08 August 2015 - 03:39 PM.

#1496 Valikdu

Valikdu
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:16 PM

For some reason, the new BWS install I've made (using the same installer, 20150302) has a very incomplete set of spells. I don't think there's any mod-added ones (mage or divine), and half the vanilla (divine) spells are missing.

Maybe that's the result of using an incomplete SpellPack?

I still have the old one, though... Could you please describe what animation file I need to replace?

I've tried to do this,

-folder.

did not work unfortunately.

Edited by Valikdu, 08 August 2015 - 04:17 PM.

#1497 Torvald

Torvald
  • Validating
  • 188 posts

Donator

Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:23 PM

Was trying the latest version of Big World Setup tonight to install mods to Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition, and encountered a few bugs.  Since there are only 14 mods I want to install, will probably finish this as a manual install for the time being.  At any rate, here are the bugs I encountered:

In the master menu, when I select the folder where my IWDEE game is installed, everything is okay and the button turns green (I installed the game to a "Games" folder instead of the default folder location).  However, whenever I try to select the folder to download the Big World Mods to, it deletes that download folder.  This happens no matter what I name the download folder or where it is located.  If I then recreate the downloader folder afterwards, BWS does seem to download the mods there, though, so this is not a fatal error.

When downloading the mods, my antivirus program went wild and starting trying to delete parts of the downloading files, to the point where BWS finally froze up solid and had to be exited.  I'm using Windows 7 and did have my UAC turned off, but not my antivirus, as supposedly that only needs to be turned off AFTER the mods are downloaded and BEFORE the mods actually get installed.

Also, for the aTweaks mod v442, there did not appear to be any setup file downloaded, so I will use the earlier v4.40 beta 3 for my manual install.

"My wife says I have the body of a God - Buddha!"

#1498 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 06:46 PM

For some reason, the new BWS install I've made (using the same installer, 20150302) has a very incomplete set of spells. I don't think there's any mod-added ones (mage or divine), and half the vanilla (divine) spells are missing.
Maybe that's the result of using an incomplete SpellPack?

I still have the old one, though... Could you please describe what animation file I need to replace?

Sorry I can't find the old thread, so I can't remember any of the details...
The spell list is likely to be uncomplete because of the few mods that alter the specific things, like the Spell Revision removing all but it's own fewer than 24 spells for each level. So no NToTSC spells nor any of the other BG1&BG2 expansion addition spells sets.

I'm using Windows 7 and did have my UAC turned off, but not my antivirus, as supposedly that only needs to be turned off AFTER the mods are downloaded and BEFORE the mods actually get installed.

This depends on the Antivirus program, and it's settings, as it can scan the interior of the archives and react to it, which you can and need to turn off if you actually wish to have the files as is, which you commonly do.

using the same installer, 20150302

That old corpse, you should use the most up to date master, which can be directly downloaded from this address. The file itself will have a very odd name as it's generated on the request(or whatever).

You get there by clicking the Branches tab, on this page. And the clicking the master branches ZIP file.

Edited by The Imp, 08 August 2015 - 06:52 PM.

#1499 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 07:51 PM

-folder.

The Web component is 2215 not 1203 :P

#1500 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:26 PM

-folder.

The Web component is 2215 not 1203 :P

Yeah, but the 1203 also edits the spell ... and as showns, I based the fix to an earlier quote as shown. Yes, I am that insane.