Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#1901 pikachu01

pikachu01
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 08:00 PM

Also, this error which doesn't appear when installing BPSeries by itself appears. This was a known issue way back here: http://www.shsforums...-10#entry575191 but got fixed after v1.3.2064

[bpseries/source/gb-smage.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 3973 column 1-32
Near Text: )
[HaveSpell] argument [WIZARD_REMOVE_MAGIC] not found in [Spell.IDS]

[bpseries/source/gb-smage.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 3995 column 1-49
Near Text: )
[Spell] argument [WIZARD_REMOVE_MAGIC] not found in [Spell.IDS]

#1902 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 08:19 PM

Thank you for the reports! I will check these tomorrow.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#1903 pikachu01

pikachu01
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 11:12 PM

One more thing. Some NPC EE Kits require Song & Silence but it's not selected by default. That's why there are errors on installing them.

As for the error for BPSeries AI, I think the WIZARD_REMOVE_MAGIC is renamed to WIZARD_TRUE_REMOVE_MAGIC or something along those lines in the BPFixer.

Edit: All this in the context of BG2EE.

Edited by pikachu01, 04 December 2015 - 11:12 PM.

#1904 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 12:32 AM

Latest commits on bp-test branch:

* Updated and consistency-checked BWP/BGT and BG2EE Game.ini conflict and dependency rules
-- Added more dependency checks for components that change NPC kits
-- Corrected Tactics component conflicts

* Updated BWP/BGT and BG2EE Select.txt installation order and pre-selection defaults
-- Pre-selections for BP changed to reflect latest analysis (more components marked expert)
-- BP install order for BG2EE changed to match BWP/BGT:  components 0, 10, 35, 50, 60 and BP Ascension before SCS, the rest after SCS
-- All components of Dark Side of Amn changed to Expert (from Tactical)
-- Some components of Tactics changed to Expert (from Tactical)

* Updated mod/component descriptions for BP, DSoA, NPC_EE, Tactics

* Added subtledoctor's new APR Fix mod

* Increased width of pre-selection / compilation drop-down menu

* Attempt to auto-select "latest selection" choice upon restarting BWS

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#1905 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 02:15 AM

aRestoration [None of this looks like a pure fix (correcting bugs in original content), so probably not appropriate for Minimal; I do suggest we move it from Stable to Recommended however, after which users can decide not to use it if they prefer] http://www.shsforums...ration-project/

i actually did fix a thing that the fixpack omitted so idk i dont know if its in the bwpfixpack or anything but it would be neat 

#1906 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:34 PM

What fix was that?

#1907 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 02:52 PM

ALTER_TRANS DEMSON BEGIN 47 END BEGIN 0 END BEGIN "TRIGGER" ~Global("PaladinPlot","GLOBAL",9)
!Dead("plmetr01")
!Dead("plfarm04")
!Dead("plfarm05")
!Dead("plfarm06")~ END
ALTER_TRANS DEMSON BEGIN 47 END BEGIN 1 END BEGIN "TRIGGER" ~Global("PaladinPlot","GLOBAL",10)
Global("BaronExposed","GLOBAL",0)
!Dead("plmetr01")
!Dead("plfarm04")
!Dead("plfarm05")
!Dead("plfarm06")~ END
ALTER_TRANS DEMSON BEGIN 47 END BEGIN 2 END BEGIN "TRIGGER" ~Global("PaladinPlot","GLOBAL",10)
OR(2)
Global("BaronExposed","GLOBAL",1)
Global("BaronExposed","GLOBAL",2)
!Dead("plmetr01")
!Dead("plfarm04")
!Dead("plfarm05")
!Dead("plfarm06")~ END
ALTER_TRANS DEMSON BEGIN 47 END BEGIN 3 END BEGIN "TRIGGER" ~Global("PaladinPlot","GLOBAL",11)
OR(3)
Dead("plfarm04")
Dead("plfarm05")
Dead("plfarm06")
!Dead("plmetr01")~ END
ALTER_TRANS DEMSON BEGIN 47 END BEGIN 4 END BEGIN "TRIGGER" ~Global("PaladinPlot","GLOBAL",12)
Dead("plmetr01")
!Dead("plfarm04")
!Dead("plfarm05")
!Dead("plfarm06")~ END
ALTER_TRANS DEMSON BEGIN 47 END BEGIN 5 END BEGIN "TRIGGER" ~Dead("plmetr01")
OR(3)
Dead("plfarm04")
Dead("plfarm05")
Dead("plfarm06")~ END

this one

basically the paladin stronghold questgiver only checks for the wellbeing of characters that are impossible to kill, despite the line he says

there is no way to fail the quest

#1908 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 03:24 PM

Is it still possible to have NTotSC and Jarl's BGT Adventure Pack together? Latest stable version says NTotSC core component 0 is preferred to Jarl's core component 1 :(

Edited by Creepin, 06 December 2015 - 03:29 PM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#1909 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 04:19 PM

Jarl's Adventure Pack overwrites files and creatures and hides content from other mods, so it is not recommended to use until someone writes a patch for it.

#1910 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 05:11 PM

@pikachu01

I added checks for the NPC_EE components that need other mods. The EET Tweaks error should be reported to K4thos as it looks like a problem internal to that mod (or EET?). I am not sure what needs to be done for the BPSeries error.

As for the NPC kit pack install errors with weapprof.2da, can you do a weidu --change-log on that file for us? See Imp's FAQ if you have not done this before.

Edited by agb1, 06 December 2015 - 09:06 PM.

#1911 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 10:05 PM

Jarl's Adventure Pack overwrites files and creatures and hides content from other mods, so it is not recommended to use until someone writes a patch for it.
agb1, I know of 2 cases when Jarl's removes not so important vanilla creatures and places its own instead (or not removes and places its own right under vanilla if crefixer is installed). I agree that technically it's bad, but I think I could live with these 2 cases. Or is there anythyng worse that Jarl's does?

#1912 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 10:22 PM

agb1, I know of 2 cases when Jarl's removes not so important vanilla creatures and places its own instead (or not removes and places its own right under vanilla if crefixer is installed). I agree that technically it's bad, but I think I could live with these 2 cases. Or is there anythyng worse that Jarl's does?

I am not sure of the details.  The conflict you mentioned with NTotSC in BWS is a conflict warning rule, so you can right-click to ignore it on the conflicts resolution screen if you want.

#1913 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 10:23 PM

A few more updates on bp-test branch:

* Further conflicts/dependencies updates (IR, SR, aTweaks, BG2 Tweaks, SCS)
* Almateria's Restoration Project added to Recommended pre-selection
* Area Patcher mod type changed from Recommended to Stable
* Pickpocket Options mod added to Stable pre-selection
* Djinni Companion switched to GitHub Latest Release link

#1914 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 10:32 PM

I am not sure of the details.  The conflict you mentioned with NTotSC in BWS is a conflict warning rule, so you can right-click to ignore it on the conflicts resolution screen if you want.
agb1, thanks! :)

#1915 pikachu01

pikachu01
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 05:31 PM

@pikachu01

I added checks for the NPC_EE components that need other mods. The EET Tweaks error should be reported to K4thos as it looks like a problem internal to that mod (or EET?). I am not sure what needs to be done for the BPSeries error.

As for the NPC kit pack install errors with weapprof.2da, can you do a weidu --change-log on that file for us? See Imp's FAQ if you have not done this before.

I think I reported this before a few posts earlier. This was it:

http://www.shsforums...ndpost&p=582922

#1916 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 09:27 PM

@pikachu01

Thanks for the reminder, and sorry for forgetting about that with all the discussion afterwards.

#1917 Lilian

Lilian
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 10:43 PM

Hey all,

I'm fairly new to modding the Infinity engine, so this tool is a godsend. I've been trying to get the "Recommended" setup working (with a few modifications, mostly to the BG2 Tweaks) in BG:EE on PC, and while BWS seems to complete without any errors, I'm having a few odd issues in game. I'm able to get through Candlekeep just fine, but as soon as I leave, Imoen doesn't show up at all. I thought maybe that was a change from a mod, but upon arrival at the Friendly Arm Inn, Khalid and Jaheira are nowhere to be seen either.

I've tried multiple clean installs, disabling any mods relating to NPCs, and not changing anything in the "Recommended" setup, all to no avail, and I am completely stumped. I guess this isn't entirely related to BWS, as it does its thing just fine, but I figured I'd ask here as the issue persists even using a completely unmodified modload preset.

Thanks!

#1918 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:01 PM

Hey all...

Weidu.log's content please ? Open the file with Notepad and copy paste it into a post. If it's too long, consider to putting it to these; [ spoiler ] text [ /spoiler ] without the spaces.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#1919 Lilian

Lilian
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 05:27 PM

Here's WeiDU.log, and here's Setup-BWS_Final.Debug.

I figured ~800 lines was too much to paste directly, so I've put it on my own pastebin. While I'm at it, here are all of the .debug files, if any of those are necessary, or can help.

edit: I managed to find a setup that solves this issue. I exported the modlist not fixed, and fixed, and a .diff that shows the changes.
If that helps anyone knowledgeable figure out the issue, great, if not I'll undertake the tedious task of building a setup each time adding mods one by one until I find the culprit.

Edited by Lilian, 08 December 2015 - 05:59 PM.

#1920 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:26 PM

hey there,

is anyone able to quickly tell me how I can make the BWS recognize decompressed downloaded mods instead of only the archives? I usually apply some customisations to some mods before installing... I hope there is an option or do I just have to use the old manual install?