Photo

Question about the mod

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ithildur

Ithildur
  • 179 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:58 AM

These sound like really interesting mods, but I have a RP related question. How much ingame days/time is typically required to play through these mods? The reason I ask is I try to usually keep some sense of urgency about rescuing Imoen if I'm playing a good aligned PC, and the game unmodded already takes too long for this to happen on most playthroughs. As a result, I try not to add mods that result in even more delay before getting to Spelldhold/Ch4, as well not delaying the pursuit of Irenicus in ch5 onwards.

TIA

#2 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:40 PM

It depends on your party's level and how many spells have you prepared. It is possible to finish each quest in just 8 in-game hours (in most of them, ISNF is an exception, but it would be weird to make it otherwise since the guy you work for is to check things before you can continue). When it's about TotDG, The White Queen or Innershade, it's just the travel time, no need to wait a day or two before you can continue - you just go and do what must be done :) 

#3 Ithildur

Ithildur
  • 179 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:25 PM

Going by the readme, the recommended level is 12+; does the NPC that start the storyline off not appear until later chapters, or is he there from the start in ch.2?

#4 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:36 PM

Well, you can start all the quests whenever you want (but chapters 2 and 3 are highly suggested). There are no level checks, it's up to you, but quests may appear to be overwhelming for level 7 characters.

And Yvette must be met in chapter 2 or 3. She won't join if the current chapter is greater than 3. What's more, it is recommended to play really slow with her in your party, so... you know...

#5 Ithildur

Ithildur
  • 179 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:06 AM

Most of my runthroughs I try not to delay ch.3 that much as that imo doesn't make sense for good aligned protagonists. :)

So I'll have to try this at lower level. Thanks for the info!

Question wasn't answered on the other thread, re: BGT worldmap. If I want this mod, it looks like I need to skip the worldmap component of TotG, is my conclusion.

Edited by Ithildur, 21 September 2013 - 04:10 AM.

#6 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:56 PM

Everything's up to you. It is possible to finish the quest with party members of lower levels, but it may be difficult, as I said.

You are the one to decide if the mod fits your game :) And the worldmap thing shouldn't affect the game much... in TotDG it just appear for your time being in Deep Gardens and later it disappear :) 

Have fun, if you decide to give these mods a chance :) Cheers!