Photo

Strange behavior?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 prune1

prune1
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:51 PM

Not sure what's going on, I'm using the mod for the first time, and the muggers attacked me in the bridge, then 2 of them ran and disappeared. It turns out they ran into an entry I never knew about!

Inside was Tomthal, whom I googled about to find was from this mod, he was sleeping, except he disappears within a few seconds.

It might be to do with the muggers running in there? It seems he should be a shopkeeper, and the night one from what I gather from the readme so not sure why he's sleeping.

The "main" building, where the horn of valhalla used to be, has aurora sleeping on the second floor, so both shopkeepers seem to be asleep, is that correct? It's day 1 hour 23.

Also, the lower floor of the main building with aurora has at least 1 trap, is that correct or an oversight? I cannot imagine a shop having traps!

I entered the shop after dealing with the 2 muggers and after tomthal had disappeared, thinking he might now have spawned in the main shop as I think he should, but no dice.

Here's some screenshots:

Tomthal there:

http://postimg.org/image/uir18k2rd/

A second later, Tomthal not there:
http://postimg.org/image/63it7i3uh/

Trap in the shop:
http://postimg.org/image/gnnosz20p/

Aurora asleep, no one to service us!
http://postimg.org/image/l9ouyftvd/

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:09 PM

The trap, it was probably there to prevent you an entry to the second floor, as you might not supposed to be going there.

Well, the explanation for the shopkeeper is probably related to the enemy entering the building, and that might be SCS's or BP's "fault".

Now you should be able to "fix this" with the Console, and this:

CreateCreature("agtomtha")

In BG EE's there should be someway to do the same, but you'll have to make your own search of the EE forums to find the exact way... but what I read was you summon someone to act as the console. Don't know.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 prune1

prune1
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:16 PM

Well, I reloaded a save before the mugger talks to me, and entered the little area Tomthal is in, he was still asleep, and still disappeared within a second or so.

Doesn't seem related to hostiles in his area then...I would create him, but he's meant to cycle with aurora; she sleeps, he's awake, and vice versa, but a console one will likely screw this up/not sleep?

I think some mod incompatibility has likely caused these circumstances to occur as they are.

Edit: Creating him with CLUA in that area where he sleeps causes him to appear and disappear within a second.

In the day time, I walk to aurora and she disappears from the bed too, and then both are nowhere to be found.

Edited by prune1, 11 December 2013 - 01:26 PM.

#4 prune1

prune1
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:13 PM

Solved it! I assumed the shop was that building where they sleep, but then I opened up the .baf and looked for difference between it and the .bcs - they have different comments in them for whatever reason, and the .baf said

//Tomthal walks to market at dusk if not active

at which point I realised the market area with rose bouquet etc is where the game must be teleporting them off to when I CLUA them in.

Checked both are there at appropriate times.

Drama over!

#5 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:02 PM

Checked both are there at appropriate times.

Drama over!

Good to hear. :)

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle