BALDUR'S GATE BWS

Help missing mods

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#41 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:15 AM

After manually installing my last two mods, Widescreen and GenBiff, I still keep on getting the message below and it takes as much time to load the game as before. Does anybody have an idea why this might be happening?

1.jpg

My fantasy story

"Man, in his discussions with other men about questions of religion, statecraft, geography, trade, has always reached a point in the discussion where it has seemed wise to reply to his opponent by disemboweling him or knocking his brains out."

My name is Thomas Hockenberry, Ph.D., and I think the "Ph.D." stands for "Pouring His Draft."

"The study of modern science today is being done by the brain of primitive man."

#42 -Deaderinred-

-Deaderinred-

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:55 PM

it's happening because you've modded your game and are running programs designed for those mods to function correctly.

i eagerly await your next post that asks if equipping a longsword on a fighter is weird game behaviour.

#43 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:06 PM

it's happening because you've modded your game and are running programs designed for those mods to function correctly.

Ahh, yeah, if the issue is that the ToBEx Console opens up when the player starts the game via the BGMain.exe, yes, it's typical cause the .dll file attached to the BGMain.exe runs the ToBEx Console program to gain the enhancements the ToBEx gives to the game data.

The Console is part of the debug out put feature, and it gives the starting info there... there's nothing wrong with that.

Now then how slow are we talking about the start up being ? If it's 10 seconds max, that ~normal... but if it's minutes, then you have something off.

Edited by The Imp, 06 June 2014 - 02:13 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#44 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:33 PM

Now then how slow are we talking about the start up being ? If it's 10 seconds max, that ~normal... but if it's minutes, then you have something off.

It's definitely minutes. However, when I start playing the game, the screen has the dimensions I've set up and the game works just fine.

i eagerly await your next post that asks if equipping a longsword on a fighter is weird game behaviour.

Hold on a moment, are you implying that fighters can use longswords? That's weird game behaviour, indeed. I thought they were restricted to slings and the occasional butter knife. :doh:  

My fantasy story

"Man, in his discussions with other men about questions of religion, statecraft, geography, trade, has always reached a point in the discussion where it has seemed wise to reply to his opponent by disemboweling him or knocking his brains out."

My name is Thomas Hockenberry, Ph.D., and I think the "Ph.D." stands for "Pouring His Draft."

"The study of modern science today is being done by the brain of primitive man."

#45 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:29 PM

It's definitely minutes. However, when I start playing the game, the screen has the dimensions I've set up and the game works just fine.

Could you upload the setup-GENERALIZED_BIFFING.debug -file, or what ever it's called to somewhere and give link. PS, most services won't allow .<file extension> -files so, an archive files(.rar, .zip etc) is easy-es  to attach.

:D

Hold on a moment, are you implying that fighters can use longswords? That's weird game behaviour, indeed. I thought they were restricted to slings and the occasional butter knife. :doh:

That besides the Bastards Swords and other blunt instruments, it is the usual the regular fact in BG2(the players choice). As the rules are what they are. And no there's no +1 damage to Elves using the long pointy sword that's worse than the Bastards Sword.

Edited by The Imp, 06 June 2014 - 11:46 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#46 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:56 AM

Here is my SETUP-GENERALIZED_BIFFING file.Attached File  SETUP-GENERALIZED_BIFFING.DEBUG   5.26MB   496 downloads

That besides the Bastards Swords and other blunt instruments, it is the usual the regular fact in BG2(the players choice). As the rules are what they are. And no there's no +1 damage to Elves using the long pointy sword that's worse than the Bastards Sword.

Nooo! :crying: 

My fantasy story

#47 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 06:08 AM

Here is my SETUP-GENERALIZED_BIFFING file.attachicon.gifSETUP-GENERALIZED_BIFFING.DEBUG

Install Component [Generalized Biffing]?
[I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?
Installing [Generalized Biffing] [v2.2]

Would you like to biff only wav&tis files, or all files found?
0] only wav&tis&bam (recommended by The Bigg and other Small World Dudes)
1] all files (recommended by the Big World Dudes)
User answer: "0"

Creating 1 directory

You chose the WRONG option ! Of course it will take forever to start up if you won't biff the entire override folder ! -like the Big World Dudes intent.

#48 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 06:40 AM

Yo whom do I have to massage to update BWS?

#49 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 06:46 AM

Yo whom do I have to massage to update BWS?

That would be Quiet. The first poster in this thread. Or technically you could still talk to dabus and hope to get your result that way... but Quiet is the primary.

Edited by The Imp, 07 June 2014 - 06:59 AM.

#50 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:45 AM

...[/quote]You chose the WRONG option ! Of course it will take forever to start up if you won't biff the entire override folder ! -like the Big World Dudes intent.[/quote]

Mea culpa.

Can i run gen_biff again? Which are my options?

My fantasy story

#51 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:21 AM

Can i run gen_biff again? Which are my options?

Yeah, just run the setup-*modname*.exe again and choose the [U]ninstall, and then run it again and install using the [1]. ... Or whatever.

#52 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:07 AM

I've tested both of my installs (for the TV and for my laptop resolutions) and after uninstalling/reinstalling Gen_biff both of them work fine as far as the widescreen mod is concerned, the loading time is normal. When I quit the game I still get the message below, but other than that no problems at all. I'll just have to start playing in earnest and see how the mods interact later on in the game. :clap: 

My fantasy story

#53 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:05 PM

Here is something strange. I was at the training house at Candlekeep after talking with the Gatewarden for some combat training from Obe the Illusionist. After a few fights, Osprey and Deder where dead, I got bored and I talked to Obe about exiting. After exiting, I saw my character suddenly die and the message below:

Untitled.jpg

When I talked to Obe about exiting, I had the players in my party. When I exited I was alone - which is normal, because they are temporary players just for the training. No matter how many times I tried it, I always died and then the game crashed. The way I found to overcome this was to delete the temporary players from my multiplayer session and then talk to Obe. This worked perfectly fine and I exited without dying and or the game crushing.

Another strange thing is that whenever I die, the game crushes and I have to run BGMain again.

Any ideas?

My fantasy story

#54 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:35 AM

I may not be a moderator, but I would appreciate it if posts also contained some actual advice rather than being used solely for the purpose of - admittedly quite often well deserved - venting frustration over ignorant questions.

Having said that, any ideas from somebody about the reasons for the crushes reported on my previous post?

My fantasy story

#55 deaderinred

deaderinred
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:58 AM

Seem to the problems displaying the death hand video, can you play any other movies from the movies tab? Check near infinity and see if all mve files are there and okay outside the game.

#56 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:46 PM

The death movie is in the Movie tab and I can play it, as well as all the other movies there. Untitled.jpg

I've never used Near Infinity. I'll download it if it is the only way to find out wht is going on, but how exactly do I use it to find out about this issue?

My fantasy story

#57 deaderinred

deaderinred
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:15 AM

do you have game over at party death installed? i know from experience that is a tad buggy.

#58 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:45 AM

Indeed I do have it.

Checking Game Over Only on Party Dead ...
Extracting Game_Over_On_Party_Dead_v1_31.zip (1 MB)

"C:\GOG Games\BiG World Setup\BiG World Setup\Tools\7z.exe" x "C:\GOG Games\BiG World Setup\BiG World Downloads\Game_Over_On_Party_Dead_v1_31.zip" -aoa -o"C:\GOG Games\Baldur's Gate 2"

7-Zip 4.65  Copyright © 1999-2009 Igor Pavlov  2009-02-03

Processing archive: C:\GOG Games\BiG World Setup\BiG World Downloads\Game_Over_On_Party_Dead_v1_31.zip

Extracting  nogameover
Extracting  nogameover\backup
Extracting  nogameover\backup\uninstall
Extracting  nogameover\backup\uninstall\0
Extracting  nogameover\backup\uninstall\0\MAPPINGS.0
Extracting  nogameover\backup\uninstall\0\MOVE.0
Extracting  nogameover\backup\uninstall\0\OTHER.0
Extracting  nogameover\backup\uninstall\0\UNINSTALL.0
Extracting  nogameover\bam
Extracting  nogameover\bam\#gsoul.bam
Extracting  nogameover\bam\#gsoul.vvc
Extracting  nogameover\ds
Extracting  nogameover\ds\cddetect.2da
Extracting  nogameover\ds\ds.tph
Extracting  nogameover\ds\fix_old_ds.2da
Extracting  nogameover\ds\old_ds_swap.2da
Extracting  nogameover\ds\setup-ds_v3.tp2
Extracting  nogameover\ds\spwi705.spl
Extracting  nogameover\ds\stats.2da
Extracting  nogameover\imprisonment
Extracting  nogameover\imprisonment\tb#impri.spl
Extracting  nogameover\imprisonment\unsummon.eff
Extracting  nogameover\language
Extracting  nogameover\language\english
Extracting  nogameover\language\english\#gplayer.tra
Extracting  nogameover\language\english\readme.txt
Extracting  nogameover\language\english\setup.tra
Extracting  nogameover\language\french
Extracting  nogameover\language\french\#gplayer.tra
Extracting  nogameover\language\french\readme.txt
Extracting  nogameover\language\french\setup.tra
Extracting  nogameover\language\german
Extracting  nogameover\language\german\#gplayer.tra
Extracting  nogameover\language\german\readme.txt
Extracting  nogameover\language\german\setup.tra
Extracting  nogameover\language\russian
Extracting  nogameover\language\russian\#gplayer.tra
Extracting  nogameover\language\russian\readme.txt
Extracting  nogameover\language\russian\setup.tra
Extracting  nogameover\language\spanish
Extracting  nogameover\language\spanish\#gplayer.tra
Extracting  nogameover\language\spanish\readme.txt
Extracting  nogameover\language\spanish\setup.tra
Extracting  nogameover\lib
Extracting  nogameover\lib\baldur_baf_hack.tpa
Extracting  nogameover\lib\patch_eff_petri_impris.tpp
Extracting  nogameover\lib\patch_spl_petri_impris.tpp
Extracting  nogameover\lib\scan_cre.tpp
Extracting  nogameover\lib\scan_spl.tpp
Extracting  nogameover\nogameover-uninstall.tp2
Extracting  nogameover\petrification
Extracting  nogameover\petrification\tb#depet.spl
Extracting  nogameover\petrification\tb#petri.spl
Extracting  nogameover\petrification\tb#unpet.spl
Extracting  nogameover\scripts
Extracting  nogameover\scripts\#gplayer.baf
Extracting  nogameover\setup-nogameover.tp2
Extracting  nogameover\spells
Extracting  nogameover\spells\#gawake.spl
Extracting  nogameover\spells\#gbhaal.spl
Extracting  nogameover\spells\#gfade.spl
Extracting  nogameover\spells\#gstart.spl
Extracting  nogameover\TobEx_redist
Extracting  nogameover\TobEx_redist\default_core.ini
Extracting  nogameover\TobEx_redist\default_tweak.ini
Extracting  nogameover\TobEx_redist\override
Extracting  nogameover\TobEx_redist\override\anitnsnd.2da
Extracting  nogameover\TobEx_redist\override\aniwksnd.2da
Extracting  nogameover\TobEx_redist\override\clsrcreq.2da
Extracting  nogameover\TobEx_redist\override\clssplab.2da
Extracting  nogameover\TobEx_redist\override\encumber.2da
Extracting  nogameover\TobEx_redist\override\hidespl.2da
Extracting  nogameover\TobEx_redist\override\hpbarb.2da
Extracting  nogameover\TobEx_redist\override\hpclass.2da
Extracting  nogameover\TobEx_redist\override\item_use.2da
Extracting  nogameover\TobEx_redist\override\mgsrcreq.2da
Extracting  nogameover\TobEx_redist\override\racetext.2da
Extracting  nogameover\TobEx_redist\override\sltsteal.2da
Extracting  nogameover\TobEx_redist\override\toolscrl.bam
Extracting  nogameover\TobEx_redist\patch
Extracting  nogameover\TobEx_redist\patch\template.patch
Extracting  nogameover\TobEx_redist\readme
Extracting  nogameover\TobEx_redist\readme\readme.htm
Extracting  nogameover\TobEx_redist\readme\revisions.txt
Extracting  nogameover\TobEx_redist\readme\TobExReference.htm
Extracting  nogameover\TobEx_redist\TobEx.dll
Extracting  nogameover\TobEx_redist\TobEx.tpa
Extracting  nogameover\TobEx_redist\TobEx.tra
Extracting  nogameover\TobEx_redist\TobEx0018.tpa
Extracting  nogameover\TobEx_redist\TobEx0018t.txt
Extracting  nogameover\TobEx_redist\TobEx0019.tpa
Extracting  nogameover\TobEx_redist\TobEx0020.tpa
Extracting  nogameover\TobEx_redist\TobEx0020t.txt
Extracting  nogameover\TobEx_redist\TobEx0021.tpa
Extracting  nogameover\TobEx_redist\TobEx0022.tpa
Extracting  nogameover\TobEx_redist\TobEx0023.tpa
Extracting  nogameover\TobEx_redist\TobEx0023t.txt
Extracting  nogameover\TobEx_redist\TobExLoader.exe
Extracting  nogameover\TobEx_redist\TobExVer.txt
Extracting  nogameover\TobEx_redist\TobEx_ini.txt
Extracting  setup-nogameover.exe

Everything is Ok

Folders: 21
Files: 80
Size:       2013778
Compressed: 1068054

C:\GOG Games\BiG World Setup\BiG World Setup>
Game_Over_On_Party_Dead_v1_31.zip was extracted successfully.

My fantasy story

#59 dmxdex

dmxdex
  • 309 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:09 AM

Cheers needed a few of these mods, but im still in need of

Kitanya NPC (SoA): The Mod itself (KitanyaSoAv6-41.exe)
Allison One-Day NPC: The Mod itself (AllisonV18.exe)
Solaufein Flirt Pack (RPGSola): The Mod itself (SolaufeinFlirtPackV11.exe)
RPG Dungeon Kit Pack: The Mod itself (RPG_KPV1.zip)

Does anyone have links for these mods please.

Edited by dmxdex, 18 June 2014 - 09:50 AM.

#60 dmxdex

dmxdex
  • 309 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:58 AM

The death movie is in the Movie tab and I can play it, as well as all the other movies there. attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

I've never used Near Infinity. I'll download it if it is the only way to find out wht is going on, but how exactly do I use it to find out about this issue?

When you die and it takes you to the load screen do you get a crash? my last install didnt play the death movie, and as the load screen came up it instantly crashed to desktop

Edited by dmxdex, 18 June 2014 - 10:06 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Help, missing mods