152 replies to this topic

#21 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 10:33 AM

@agb1:

BPv181:

The v181 version was the one that introduced the hostile NPC bug - v179 was fine afaik (I even recommended it over SCS once :crying:)

Do we know which components cause this problem?

Unfortunately, it is not the mod itself but some combination that causes the issue - but the end result is always solved by removing all BP-specific scripts from the affected NPC :( I think micbaldur might have some more info on this.

Questor:

I'd be totally against removing unfinished mods unless they prevent completing the game. The BWS is as much a mod advertising platform as it is an installation platform.

I agree, incomplete mods have a place in BWS -- but only if the author is supporting the mod.

By that logic things like ToBR would also need to go - it was abandoned in 2013. Not to mention mods like Sylmar Battlefield and like Roxanne mentioned, W_GUI.

And if all 25 stats are the issue then god mode items like Scipio's Barrel (added by konalan's tweaks) should also go.

I'd suggest leaving the choice to exclude the mod to the users of the BWS.

Questor is not gamebreaking in the sense that it causes not technical glitches if installed - keep it out of Recommended but it should be safe to install if anyone chooses to - hence Standard

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#22 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 10:38 AM

I'd suggest leaving the choice to exclude the mod to the users of the BWS.

Fair enough.  I will make it Standard.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#23 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 10:55 AM

Adding notes for the Jarl's mods.

Adventure Pack:  "The mod puts some of its creatures in the same place of existing creatures which often makes them inaccessible and the plot gets stuck. The mod also replaces some creatures by hiding them and putting new creatures in their place, causing loss of content from other mods that modify the original files."

Tweak Pack:  "The mod replaces some creatures by hiding them and putting new creatures in their place, causing loss of content from other mods that modify the original files."

Edit: revised according to Lollorian's comment in post below.

Edited by agb1, 21 November 2015 - 11:25 AM.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#24 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 11:10 AM

The Undying

I find no information why this mod is expert, only mentioning of a possible incompatibility.

I used the mod several times without any issues.

My vote

Standard

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#25 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 11:16 AM

Dungeon-Be-Gone

Nothing there to justify expert. Largely incompatible with any mod adding NPCs or other contents to Irenicus Dungeon.

My assessment is that it is outdated from a time where the dungeon was just a dungeon crawl hinderance on the way to Amn and the real plot, but this is not valid anymore with all the action going on today in those walls.

My vote

Standard - But put a BIG warning that you will loose a number of NPCs from ever joining

The Sandrah Saga

#26 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 11:20 AM

Adding notes for the Jarl's mods.

Adventure Pack:  "The mod puts some of its creatures in the same place of existing creatures which often makes them inaccessible and the plot gets stuck. The mod also replaces some files (instead of patching), causing loss of content from other mods that modify the same files."

Tweak Pack:  "The mod replaces some files (instead of patching), causing loss of content from other mods that modify the same files."

These are nice :) (you might wanna remove the Tweak Pack note about patching because the mod does patch properly - it just totally replaces vanilla creatures by hiding them and putting mod creatures in their place - no file overwriting involved :P)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#27 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 11:22 AM

Psionics Unleashed

This mod introduces changes to the way spells are accessible, allocated, learned for every magic user including druids in a way that is not described in its documentation (translated poorly into english from some other language). It is not easy to determine what the mod really does due to meager support material.

My vote

Expert - not even clear to me what you can do even there as it is almost an engine tweak

The Sandrah Saga

#28 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 11:26 AM

These are nice :) (you might wanna remove the Tweak Pack note about patching because the mod does patch properly - it just totally replaces vanilla creatures by hiding them and putting mod creatures in their place - no file overwriting involved :P)

I changed the descriptions in the post above.  Better?

#29 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 11:27 AM

Universal Clear Fog of War

Cannot see anything expert here - just requires a good considereation about what you loose and what you gain by installing it. If you accept this, there is not a problem.

My vote

Standard - but never automatically selected

The Sandrah Saga

#30 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 11:30 AM

igi's Item Mod

Some of the items are equipped by random creatures, this mod can cause unexpected behavior, so it is recommended for expert users only. Means - if one of the hobgoblins in the game does not follow stereotype hobgoblin pattern, this requires expert experience to solve? A doubtful justification

Never found an issue with the mod myself.

My vote

Standard

The Sandrah Saga

#31 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 11:35 AM

Mortis Mini Mod

What is expert about this? There is another mod where you buy all kinds of colours to change your outfit. Those mods are just fun and you may want to save before using their stuff so you can undo those changes, but that is about all...If you do not use the items willingly there is no danger from such stuff.

My vote

Standard

The Sandrah Saga

#32 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 11:38 AM

I changed the descriptions in the post above.  Better?

:coolthumb:

PS: Congrats on becoming an official BWS Team Member btw :cheers:

#33 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 11:43 AM

Dungeon-Be-Gone

New description (with updated RU and GE translations) =

Spoiler

#34 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 11:44 AM

PS: Congrats on becoming an official BWS Team Member btw :cheers:

Thanks!  I figure if I make the platform better, more modders can create fun stuff for me to play with, so it's win-win.

#35 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 11:49 AM

Universal Clear Fog of War

Moved to Standard.  Not enabled by default.

igi's Item Mod

Removed warning from description.  Moved to Standard.  Enabled by default.

Mortis Mini Mod

Moved to Standard. Enabled by default.

The Undying

#36 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 11:53 AM

Kiara-Zaiya NPCs

Played myself several times, no issues. Cannot confirm those mentioned Valen issues - if they exist they are neither gamebreaking nor is there any expert intervention during gameplay required.

My vote

Standard

Did you ever play the mod with Valen in your party?

The mod itself is Standard now.  One component is still Expert according to BWS:

@0=Kiara-Zaiya for BG2 SOA [Standard]
@1=Custom Kiara-Zaiya soundset (available separately). [Standard]
@2=Alternate High level abilities by TG Maestro [Standard]
@3=Original Amaralis battles [Tactical]
@4=Tougher Kiara vampire [Tactical]
@5=Revised Suldalanessar [Expert]
@6=Jao and party for SOA: another tough fight [Tactical]
@7=Tougher Irenicus at the tree of life [Tactical]

Does anyone know why?  Known problems with component 5?

#37 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 12:15 PM

Cal-Culator

Imoen Romance v2.5

Moved to Standard. Enabled by default. Removed "incompatible with BGT" from description. Revised to: "This mod adds a huge number of new dialogs for Imoen in Shadows of Amn. This newer version of the mod is compatible with Imoen Friendship."

I checked the tp2 for v2.5 and it has GAME_IS ~soa tob bgt~ so the authors at least intended BGT compatibility.

The README for Imoen Romance 2.5 recommends installing after Imoen Friendship but before any mods that add new NPCs, especially if they add romances.  I am therefore moving both Imoen Friendship and Imoen Romance to the earliest position in the install order for BG2 NPC mods.

Edited by agb1, 21 November 2015 - 12:18 PM.

#38 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 12:16 PM

Kiara-Zaiya NPCs

Played myself several times, no issues. Cannot confirm those mentioned Valen issues - if they exist they are neither gamebreaking nor is there any expert intervention during gameplay required.

My vote

Standard

Did you ever play the mod with Valen in your party?

The mod itself is Standard now.  One component is still Expert according to BWS:

@0=Kiara-Zaiya for BG2 SOA [Standard]
@1=Custom Kiara-Zaiya soundset (available separately). [Standard]
@2=Alternate High level abilities by TG Maestro [Standard]
@3=Original Amaralis battles [Tactical]
@4=Tougher Kiara vampire [Tactical]
@5=Revised Suldalanessar [Expert]
@6=Jao and party for SOA: another tough fight [Tactical]
@7=Tougher Irenicus at the tree of life [Tactical]

Does anyone know why?  Known problems with component 5?

I know I played both Valen and Kiara using the same installation - I cannot recall whether they were in the party at the same time. (Maybe is misunderstood the issue to be that Valen dialogue is not compiled) It is hard to tell if Valen dialogue is missing when you do not know it should be there in a specific situation. It was not missing in the way that I could recognise it, like you expect an answer from her and it is not coming.

And with respect to @5 the mod makes the Dragon in the side area (has a chalice or something, one of the items needed to summon Rillifane's Avatar) EXTREMELY hard - same @6 for Jao - But this is tactical - not expert

The Sandrah Saga

#39 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 12:20 PM

Dungeon-Be-Gone

New description (with updated RU and GE translations) =

Spoiler

The description is very good - yes you can install the mod without danger and still in the game per dialogue continue normal - same as the Candlekeep skip.

The Sandrah Saga

#40 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 12:22 PM

Drizzt NPC (Beta)

Moved to Standard. Not enabled by default because Region of Terror and Sandrah NPC are also Standard and preferred.