Photo

Greenhorn's questions, bugs and findings about BWS

• Please log in to reply
397 replies to this topic

#61 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 01:41 PM

Xan BG2 Voice also uses K hot key (with Xan selected) to "reapply" the mod's voice references in case something else overwrote them...

Good thing I'm not using it, I like  his BG1 doomed, depressed/depressing whining  just fine...  :lol:

Edit: If you meant his BG2 voice for BG1 Xan mod, not Xan BG2 NPC ( there are two of them actually )...

Edited by Greenhorn, 26 February 2016 - 01:48 PM.

#62 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:39 PM

I meant the voice mod, yes. Not the NPC.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#63 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 10:50 AM

Few questions about those cool Diablo game kits. First I would like to know why whole set wasn't included in BWS ( he released  Amazon and Necromancer too beside Paladin and Barbarian )? Second and most important, how are they implemented in the game, do they overwrite original classes or are they implemented like kits for fighter and paladin classes? Third and unrelated to former two, that Chantelame ( french for Bladesinger ) kit modifies three spells: Goodberries, Animal and spider summoning. What I would like to know is the way how  this mod modified  those spells: only for that specific kit ( Chantelame gets modified spells, everyone else get vanilla spells ) or tweaked them completely ( which would make it incompatible with Ding0 tweak pack ) ? 

EDIT:if Diablo paladin and barbarian replace original classes they are probably incompatible with Refinements too...

Edited by Greenhorn, 27 February 2016 - 11:03 AM.

#64 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 11:57 AM

What I would like to know is the way how  this mod modified  those spells: only for that specific kit ( Chantelame gets modified spells, everyone else get vanilla spells ) or tweaked them completely

At least in a v3, and the one in "EE_Derats Unused Kits Pack v13.zip" kits use their own spells... I can't say for the other version, but it's a good indication that Deratiseur's not lazy.

Edited by The Imp, 27 February 2016 - 12:06 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#65 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 12:25 PM

What I would like to know is the way how  this mod modified  those spells: only for that specific kit ( Chantelame gets modified spells, everyone else get vanilla spells ) or tweaked them completely

At least in a v3, and the one in "EE_Derats Unused Kits Pack v13.zip" kits use their own spells... I can't say for the other version, but it's a good indication that Deratiseur's not lazy.

Thanks for info Imp. Always a pleasure playing a mod whose creator has common sense. Can't say that for some other mods out there, just reading description of some older kits, " you can add two extra proficiency points in two handed weapon style" (four points in two handed weapon style, pretty cool huh, or bloody idiocy, take your pick ), and so on... Ok, Chantelame is back on the menu, I eagerly await information  of those other two kits...

Edited by Greenhorn, 27 February 2016 - 12:56 PM.

#66 -liz-

-liz-

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:18 PM

@agb1 Actually, I remember reading that atweaks pnp dimension door is placed as expert in bws because you can potentially break the game with it by jumping over triggers that the game would otherwise not allow the player to circumvent. I believe this is also stated in the atweaks readme. For inexperienced users this could potentially be hazardous. And for experienced users, well they probably read the readme and install it anyway. I think it should stay expert.

#67 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 05:00 AM

I really don't know why Joshuar(Jkits) amazon kit is preferred to original amazon from RTT kit pack, seems to me that guy has no clue what he is talking about. Advantage for "kenshei"  :lol: kit: " Grand Mastery in single and two weapon styles".  :blink: Amazon kit (which is only hybrid from RTT and TDD amazons): "Amazons are generally respected as highly proficient warriors, their weapons of choice being spears and bows" and " Can only use spears, axes, hammer, club, mace, and quarterstaff with any skill. Can only obtain Grand Mastery with spears, club, quarterstaff, and two handed weapons". No thanks, this is not my preferred choice, I will stick with RTT Amazon, I tried her and that lady can kick some b***. 

Edited by Greenhorn, 28 February 2016 - 06:04 AM.

#68 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 08:11 AM

Wow,  Multiclass Multikit Builder, for real! Just... WOW ! All that is left now I guess is that someone come with a way to expand party to at least 8 to 10 slots.   :lol:  Now for the downsides: why, oh why it has to be incompatible with Refinements and use K hotkey...  :(  :crying:  :angry:  :wall:

#69 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 08:46 AM

SCS (AI) also uses K :)

#70 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 09:11 AM

SCS (AI) also uses K :)

Thanks for the tip of yet another mod infected with K hotkey.  :lol: Now a little about NPC kitpack, I'm afraid that it's component 2800 - Sarevok gets a proper Deathbringer kit is incompatible with this: http://www.baldursga...derherstellung/ , reason:

Game Notes:

Unfortunately, there is in the version 1.0 two game technical limitations that will hopefully not occur in later versions of the Mod. I work to fix it, but am here rely on the help of the modding community. Who can the problems contributing advice or other assistance, is invited to: Link to the thread in the SHS Forum

Use of special abilities

As a fighter Sarevok replaced with epic stages special skills, such as toughness, whirlwind attack and death attack. Unfortunately Sarevok animation does not spell animations. This means that the game freezes when Sarevok using such capabilities. In order to prevent these crashes automatically any special skills that Sarevok obtained by stages climbs, removed. To compensate for this shortcoming Sarevok equipment is quite strong. In addition, the percentage chance that it performs a "Deadly rush" when hit, raised from 3% to 10%.

weapons

It is also a problem with Sarevok animation that his sword is an integral part of the entertainment, no matter what weapon he used. It can use for this reason only weapons that have been specially prepared for him and do not own a weapon animation. Will he equipped with weapons that are not specifically designed for it, so freezes the game. By nature Sarevok brings his own two-handed sword with (Chaos Sword), which has already been adapted for him and that he can use easily. For other Claymore I added the following solution: In the inventory, in Sarevok chaos sword over a button that says "Use" be called a dialog menu. Here you can specify that Sarevok on Claymore in his luggage "matches", so he can use it. This adaptation can be on the same dialog menu also be reversed, so that other group members can use the weapon again. This only works with Vanilla two-handed swords (two-handed). Claymore to which Sarevok has attuned, for example carry the designation "Great Sword (Sarevok)". By this it can be seen.

This is google translation of mod german only readme to english. In summary, if you install this mod you can't use any high level ( or any ) abilities or use any equipment ( besides what this mod gives him) or you will get crushes. I would recommend putting this mod to expert. There is one mod called YLItems ( mostly item mod ) which changes Imoen with it's 4th component into... what? Can anyone enlighten me please? :mellow:  

Edited by Greenhorn, 28 February 2016 - 09:21 AM.

#71 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 09:32 AM

There is one mod called YLItems ( mostly item mod ) which changes Imoen with it's 4th component into... what? Can anyone enlighten me please? :mellow:  
Well you pretty much should know if you are part of the Chinese BG2 moding community, as this supposes that you should be able to read the mods description, as you need to log into their forum to download the mod. Not that that's impossible for ... but really ? :devil:

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#72 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 09:43 AM

There is one mod called YLItems ( mostly item mod ) which changes Imoen with it's 4th component into... what? Can anyone enlighten me please? :mellow:  
Well you pretty much should know if you are part of the Chinese BG2 moding community, as this supposes that you should be able to read the mods description, as you need to log into their forum to download the mod. Not that that's impossible for ... but really ? :devil:

It's possible, I did it. :ROFL: Goggle translated, even read BWP textpack section with that mod and discovered helpful hint: shh, Imoen becomes WM/T.  :ROFL:

#73 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 12:46 PM

Probably minor error regarding Paladins of Faerun kitpack ( you know, that kitpack which requires sphere implementation from Divine remix ) :

TEMPEST: The Tempest is the point of calm within a whirling barrier of deadly weapons. Poets use colourful terms such as 'dancer' to describe the movements of the Tempest and his two weapons, but mastery of this fighting style is not about dancing. Nor is it about impressing anyone - least of all poets. The Tempest focuses on learning the ultimate secrets of two-weapon fighting for a single purpose - the destruction of his enemies.

Sphere access:
- Minor: all, animal, healing, plant, and weather

Advantages:
- Can achieve mastery in any melee weapon
- Ambidexterity: Tempest do not get the standard -2 Thac0 penalty for off-hand weapons
- Once per day per 5 levels (starting at 5th) can use the 'Parry' ability, which grants him +2 to AC and one hit deflection possibility per 5 levels (starting at 5th level with one deflection) for the next 5 rounds.
- Once per day per 5 levels (starting at 5th) can use the 'Tempest' ability, which grants him in the next 5 rounds one additional attack per 5 levels (starting at 5th level with one additional attack) but also gives a -2 penalty to THACO. 

Disadvantages:
- Is limited to proficiency in ranged weapons
- Can't use the hide in shadows skill
- Can't wear plate armour
- Can't use Charm animals

is enabled, doesn't require component 1000 of Divine remix ( sphere implementation ) according to BWS dependencies, while 

SPELLSINGER: Spellsingers are rare practitioners of an ancient Elven bardic tradition. Like bards, spellsingers work magic with song and poetics, but, whereas bards draw on the Weave through singing and poetry, spellsingers are truly part of the Weave. As such, spellsingers can work magic through music with greater effect and flexibility than other bards.

They have an innate talent for spell casting, and minor immunity to magic, but are more vulnerable to deadly spells attacks.

Advantages:
- +1 to saving throws vs. spells and wands
- Gain 1 bonus spell per level
- Spellsong: This song makes the bard's companions more protected against enemy magic. But also there's a 5% chance to forget one remembered spell from daily spells.
1st level: +1 to saving throw vs. spells
15th level: +2 to saving throw vs. spells, +5% immunity to magic
20th level: +4 to saving throw vs. spells, +15% immunity to magic

Disadvantages:
- Can't use standard bardsong
- -2 to saving throw vs. death
- Gains only 1/4 of pickpocket skill
- Gains only 5 points of lore per level

is disabled because requires Divine remix 1000. It is opposite here I think...

#74 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:49 PM

Hmm, I'm really curious why 2/3 of the  Enhanced BG2 kits are incompatible (or  preferred to )   with TDD kitpack. If it is only because of similarity in name of the kits then majority of kit packs in BWS should be incompatible with it too...

#75 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 01:36 PM

Well, ones are made for the EE games, the others are not made for it... Like have a Sorcerer kits, the non EE game can't have them unless you use trickery to turn other kits to be them. The EE kits need their own function to use to add them to the latest versions of the EE game cause they externalize added functions as .2da tables that need to be filled or the kit is not select-able in the character creation screen.
Yes, most of the EE kits work in BG2... but why make a EE version to use in the non-EE game as it adds nothing. And so on... The EE games are restricted to 10 kits per class including the "non kitted variant".

Edited by The Imp, 29 February 2016 - 01:37 PM.

#76 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 01:54 PM

Just a guess - maybe they use the same names in KITLIST.2da

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#77 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 02:00 PM

Well, ones are made for the EE games, the others are not made for it... Like have a Sorcerer kits, the non EE game can't have them unless you use trickery to turn other kits to be them. The EE kits need their own function to use to add them to the latest versions of the EE game cause they externalize added functions as .2da tables that need to be filled or the kit is not select-able in the character creation screen.
Yes, most of the EE kits work in BG2... but why make a EE version to use in the non-EE game as it adds nothing. And so on... The EE games are restricted to 10 kits per class including the "non kitted variant".

No, no, no Jarno, sorry if I misguided you ( that was to be expected the way I wrote it I guess )  :crying: , I meant this mod which is incompatible for EEhttp://www.shsforums...anced-bg2-cont/

Just a guess - maybe they use the same names in KITLIST.2da

That is quite possible explanation, thanks. 

#78 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 10:26 PM

I meant this mod which is incompatible for EE: -link-

Yeah, the Enhanced BG2 mod(EBG2) is a mod that existed before the BG1EE existed. 2005 if you note. As you linked to the translation thread. The TDDs kit are originally a one component. If you note they fill up nearly all the BG2's kits slots(if you do not use the ToBEx to allow you to select more kits in the GUI), again the same as the EE games 10 per class, it was a restrictions originally in between all the big mods, and small. But we have the tools to remove those restrictions... no matter what the translated .tra files say, and what the .tp2 code does. But that needs the ToBEx. Hopefully the next EE patches will allow this in the EE games.
Yeah... I was mislead. So disregard the my reply above this, but it's... never mind.
You'll also find that I made some of the megamod kits into separately install-able kits in 2010, just because this original reason. And people wanted them. In BWS, you should be able to install the EBG2 and other kits with TDD, SoS and NEJ -kits, if you have the ToBEx. As there's no restrictions... well actually the amount is 1024 kits give or take a few, if the ToBEx readme is to be believed, as there was not that many kits in existence when it was programmed, so there was no way to test to verify it.

Edited by The Imp, 01 March 2016 - 12:58 AM.

#79 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 02:03 AM

You'll also find that I made some of the megamod kits into separately install-able kits in 2010, just because this original reason. And people wanted them.

I want them too... badly. Not only you  enabled them without megamods, you also corrected and improved them in same cases, too bad they are not available in BWS...  :(

In BWS, you should be able to install the EBG2 and other kits with TDD, SoS and NEJ -kits, if you have the ToBEx. As there's no restrictions...

Yeah, I thought so too, but for some reason components  8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 16 or 17 ( some EBG2 kits ) are preferred ( install conflict ) to TDD component 1 ( all kits from that mod bundled together), hence my question, not that I actually plan to use any of them. Adul's Retaliator kit is the winner of the contest for me, especially when I dual class him to mage at level 13th...It's unlimited potential for slaughter and destruction brings me tears of joy ...  :devil:  :D

#80 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 04:03 AM

Now, that component 5011 ( bladesinger kit for Keiria { that hot bard chick from DSotSC } ) of Turambar fixes and tweaks mod  looks really tempting but I'm confused by it's dependencies in BWS and warnings in BWP guide. So, it needs component 4030 ( bladesinger: needed for Keiria ) which needs component 2045: enable bard class for elves ( first it is marked as expert, about second issue a little further ahead ) which in turn need component 119 of TOBEX : remove all class restrictions and is also marked as red ( expert ). So if I turn all of this ( against my better judgment ) will I enable only elves to become bards ( acceptable ) or I will enable everyone to become anyone ( too radical, I don't want that )? In the meantime, until somebody take pity on me and explain this to me   :P  I have chosen  option to make her blade ( 5010)  which also require (?) 4030 option, gives me warning and puts me in the same loop as above. In this instance I choose to ignore it, don't see reason why blade Keiria should be dependent on bladesinger Keiria...

Edited by Greenhorn, 01 March 2016 - 04:09 AM.