Photo

Issues with Creature and Animation Soundsets

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 skellytz

skellytz
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 02:49 PM

I cannot help with BG:EE testing but I do have a BGT platform to work on.

Thanks  :) I'll send you the test version along with notes on what problem to keep a lookout for when its ready. I need a few more weeks.

#42 skellytz

skellytz
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 06:44 PM

Some issues from the Beamdog forum have already been transfered to the public bugtracker. Please take a look if anything need to be updated or if you discover any additional issues.

These have been updated. Thanks to Andrea Colombo :)

Due to the nature of the tracker system, the updated repro steps are in the changes history below the original description.

#43 Salk

Salk
  • 1225 posts

Donator

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:52 AM

Nice to see things moving along...

#44 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6508 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:45 PM

It is surprising if the middle INI sounds don't work. As I recall, that was the same issue with middle 2DA sounds in the first place.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#45 skellytz

skellytz
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 09:27 AM

Seeing as BG2 Fixpack v11 has been released, some of you will probably want to start summer playthroughs. This gives me enough incentive to pack an alpha of the new Infinity Sounds.

I'll personally contact those of you who expressed willingness to test the new patches.

Edit: Infinity Sounds v2 is now in beta.

Edited by skellytz, 25 August 2018 - 01:44 AM.

#46 skellytz

skellytz
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 09:15 AM

Where are we in 2018

The following issues discussed in this thread have been addressed in Infinity Sounds v2 for the classic BG2:

More details in the description of component Restored & Tweaked Creature Soundsets.

These issues have been addressed in Restored BG1 Palette Variants for the classic BG2:

Below are the bugs fixed by Beamdog in BGEE v2.5 in response to our reports. Special thanks to Andrea Colombo for adding the reports to the Beamdog bug tracker and raising their attention.

If there's interest in getting any of the tweaks, restorations or corrections mentioned here or in the Infinity Sounds thread into BGEE, I'll probably see about making the mod compatible.

Edited by skellytz, 25 August 2018 - 11:08 AM.

#47 skellytz

skellytz
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 08:36 AM

Enhanced Editions v2.5 Report

I've done a few quick tests with the new patch. Here's what I've observed so far:

1. General melee attack sound slot has been disabled in the INI soundset.

[sounds]
attack=wspid03 // Disabled. This slot won't ever play sounds.
attack_frame=2

This is probably because after enabling the slash, backslash, and jab sounds, they realized the general melee slot ("attack=") has battle cries instead of attack sounds in like 90% of INI files. So, they simply disabled the slot on the engine level.

2. Sadly, the old issues are still there: overlapping between CRE and INI attack sounds, as well as overlapping between CRE/INI attack sounds and the hardcoded weapon ITM sounds.

3. INI soundsets have lots of issues, such as missing sounds, sounds placed in wrong slots, silent attacks, sounds belonging to other creatures, and maladjusted frame delay.

4. On the bright side, BG1 creatures with palette variants have separate INI soundsets.

5. 2DA soundsets in the classic games have a hardcoded pitch and volume variation, which simulates more sound altenatives. INI soundsets don't have any kind of sound variation.

Edited by skellytz, 31 August 2018 - 02:49 PM.

#48 Salk

Salk
  • 1225 posts

Donator

Posted 13 September 2018 - 06:28 PM

Nice to see you back, skellytz! ;)