Photo

Sandrah Saga for EET (Bug and Support Forum)

EET Mega Mod

• Please log in to reply
1095 replies to this topic

#561 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:53 PM

So I was doing the demon scroll quest. Went back to the original demon, ended up attacking him. He teleported out with Sandrah and I was moved out of the map (as an aside, one of the party members got stuck in there, had to console her out).

I went back to Elminster to see what to do next but he won't talk to me.

Can you blame him? After this loss?

You survived more or less even though you did not heed his warnings but you lost a companion. The price of a leader making false decisions.

Anyway, Elminster still being present after you failed the quest should not happen. I will look into it whether it is a bug. Thanks for reporting.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#562 southfla79

southfla79
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:05 PM

Not really, no. But there was a line after getting teleported out of the map indicating Elminster might be able to do something. I don't recall if the journal updated or not, i reloaded an earlier save.

#563 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 10:13 PM

Not really, no. But there was a line after getting teleported out of the map indicating Elminster might be able to do something. I don't recall if the journal updated or not, i reloaded an earlier save.

The message you get it this:

*Unless Elminster finds a way to rescue Sandrah, she will be lost forever.  You will probably never know.*

I looked into Elminster still being there afterward and found there is an oversight here. I added the code to remove him if the quest failed.

PS - the variation to fail the quest this way was added by suggestions from multiple players who thought a bad ending should exist as well.

The Sandrah Saga

#564 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:10 AM

Hello Roxanne,

Higara reported that RoT for BGEET crashes at the end of the dungeon and i can reproduce this crash if Wulfgar is in the partie when speaking to drizzt

For a reason that i don't understand this code in sandrah,tp2 is compiled even if the file WULFG2J.DLG exist

ACTION_IF NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~Wulg2J.DLG~ THEN BEGIN
COMPILE ~SandrahNPC/Mods/Wulfg2J.d~
END

and because Wulfg2J.d is empty, drizzt dialog crash when he tries to injected with Wulfgar

edit : it's a typo in Wulg2J.DLG, the "f" is missing

Found typo and corrected. Strange it never was found in the old BGT days, it was like that forever. Maybe too few people take Wul(f)gar along.

The Sandrah Saga

#565 southfla79

southfla79
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:35 AM

Here's another one for you. After completing the baby blanket, I went back to Waterdeep to speak to Elminster. In the map with Elminster's house, the bandit leader (Karaak? Can't remember the spelling) was waiting at the map entrance. Tried talking to him but nothing happened. Note: this is of course after completing the quest and killing him in the sewers.

#566 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:44 AM

Here's another one for you. After completing the baby blanket, I went back to Waterdeep to speak to Elminster. In the map with Elminster's house, the bandit leader (Karaak? Can't remember the spelling) was waiting at the map entrance. Tried talking to him but nothing happened. Note: this is of course after completing the quest and killing him in the sewers.

This is odd. Do you have a savegame from that?

I have no idea what can be the cause of this. Just to confirm - you first met him on the road to Waterdeep where he stole the baby - you followed him to the hut and solved the baby quest - you persued him into town and later found his lair. You killed him there.

Now for whatever reason he is in the town area of Elminster's house and the bookshop, is he blue or red?

The guy is Khattark and you meet him in area CVELM1?

Edited by Roxanne, 15 July 2017 - 08:51 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#567 southfla79

southfla79
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:40 PM

I do, but when I try to upload it says I don't have permissions to upload that type of file.. And yes to all those questions. He's blue and cannot be interacted with.

#568 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:53 PM

I do, but when I try to upload it says I don't have permissions to upload that type of file.. And yes to all those questions. He's blue and cannot be interacted with.

You put the savegame into a zip or rar archive and either post it here (depends on size) or upload it to dropbox and post the link here.

It is a very interesting bug, I really wonder how that is possible at all, there is nothing in the mod that makes the guy go to that area ever and it is not even directly connected to an area he ever appears in. I have no clue what happened.

The Sandrah Saga

#569 southfla79

southfla79
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:54 AM

Here you go. Incidentally, I found him stalking me when I was entering Beregost. Upper left hand corner of the map.

Attached Files

#570 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:53 AM

Here you go. Incidentally, I found him stalking me when I was entering Beregost. Upper left hand corner of the map.

Here is a repaired baldur.sav. It corresponds to the savegame at Cloakwood mines outside.

Although Kattark was dead in your game, some copy of him was stuck in your savegame and was stalking you rhrough the areas. As these phantom creatures always spawn in the upper left corner of a map, you saw him entering the Elminster area because that is where the entrance to that mao is. He was also in cloakwood mines map. Should be solved if you replace the file in your savegame and start from the save you posted.

PS - this is a random phenomenon not specific to the Sandrah mod. It happens occasionally for creatures travelling between areas when your own transit overruns them in some way. A known engine bug but one that appears more often with EE than in old game (probably due to changes in how the new game handles area transits and saves),

Attached Files

Edited by Roxanne, 16 July 2017 - 11:50 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#571 Ikki

Ikki
  • Validating
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:50 AM

Hi roxanne,

Sandrah need it's own subforum !

I have encountered a new minor problem : wenn speaking to noober (something that i normaly avoid) the dialog crash

Spoiler

This is another problem that you may want to look at

Spoiler

#572 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:51 PM

Hi roxanne,

Sandrah need it's own subforum !

I have encountered a new minor problem : wenn speaking to noober (something that i normaly avoid) the dialog crash

Spoiler

This is another problem that you may want to look at

Spoiler

Case 1 Noober

State 23 See you soon! Bye!
(StrRef: 108271)

Noober dialoue is affected by BG1NPC mod

BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ 0 1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v22.7

which is a requirement for SandrahNPC installs.

Is it possible you ignored/disabled this check?

Case 2 Rylock

Should be changed to state 12

59 requires D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ 0 6 // Alternative Harper/Xzar Plot: v3.2 BWP Fix >>> but this is not required for Sandrah. I will change that.

However, this case should not cause any trouble as it just adds a further reply option which has no further response without the other mod installed,

Edited by Roxanne, 17 July 2017 - 12:55 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#573 Ikki

Ikki
  • Validating
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:32 PM

It's the same problem described here and it crash after the same interjection from sandrah ( here a screenshot from Lightbringer ) but you have to speak mutiples times to noober to get this interjection with Sandrah

and yes i have BG1NPC (EET) :whistling: : if i remove Sandrah from the partie, the BG1NPC interjection work well (from imoen Garrick  and branwen)

rjKmMGN.jpg

I don't have a state 23 with BG1NPC, and i have breagar that change this dialog too

Edited by Ikki, 17 July 2017 - 01:36 PM.

#574 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:15 PM

It's the same problem described here and it crash after the same interjection from sandrah ( here a screenshot from Lightbringer ) but you have to speak mutiples times to noober to get this interjection with Sandrah

and yes i have BG1NPC (EET) :whistling: : if i remove Sandrah from the partie, the BG1NPC interjection work well (from imoen Garrick  and branwen)

rjKmMGN.jpg

I don't have a state 23 with BG1NPC, and i have breagar that change this dialog too

The only common pattern I see in those two reports is the use of BG1NPC with non-english languages. Not sure what impact this can have on a missing state in your file though.

The Sandrah Saga

#575 franco8737

franco8737
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:31 PM

Hi. It's me again. Am little bit nervous about something wrong with my playthrough. Okay here is the question:-

Spoiler

Edited by franco8737, 17 July 2017 - 08:52 PM.

#576 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:04 PM

rjKmMGN.jpg

The only common pattern I see in those two reports is the use of BG1NPC with non-english languages. Not sure what impact this can have on a missing state in your file though.

Doe this happen with BG1NPC v22.7 (or earlier) or with your own conversion for EET?

Edited by Roxanne, 17 July 2017 - 09:04 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#577 Ikki

Ikki
  • Validating
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:49 PM

Doe this happen with BG1NPC v22.7 (or earlier) or with your own conversion for EET?

It's effectively with BG1NPC installed directly in EET,

But you was right about gavin : if i install it then it doesn't crash anymore

:cheers:

#578 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:44 PM

It's effectively with BG1NPC installed directly in EET,

But you was right about gavin : if i install it then it doesn't crash anymore

:cheers:

I have changed the whole scene in order to avoid issues in the future (Gavin is optional mod). It is now independent from what other mods do, although compatible with them. You could test it if you like by replacing Noober.dlg in override with the one from SandrahNPC/backup and then running the attached patch.

Attached File  SanNoob.rar   866.56K   100 downloads

Works fine with my EET install.

The Sandrah Saga

#579 franco8737

franco8737
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:14 AM

Hi. It's me again. Am little bit nervous about something wrong with my playthrough. Okay here is the question:-

Spoiler

Update:

Spoiler

#580 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:21 AM

Spoiler

Update:

Spoiler

Check this

C:GetGlobal("SanImoNashInt","GLOBAL")

The Sandrah Saga