Photo

Sandrah Saga for EET (Bug and Support Forum)

EET Mega Mod

• Please log in to reply
1095 replies to this topic

#521 Predator

Predator
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:54 AM

Okay, big thanks.  :)

I like this mod, and big thanks for mod support. This is why i'm posting found issues, for making it better.

Also i have found:

1)

That 'A Parcel from Elminster' is like a chit)

* If you have in inventory stashed number of components healing potions (29 for example) + Aescalus herbs (4 for example). Then you can generate unlimited number of Potions of Super Healing. Due to result will produce 28 'healing potions' + 3 'Aescalus herb' + 2 'Potions of Super Healing' + 1 'healing potion' + 1 'Aescalus herb'

* I'm not sure but it looks you can unlimitly select 1: 'Open my Purse' which will give you + 1000 gold.

2)

You can change items on Sandrah like armor and rings but can't move them to other place (like bag of holding or other NPC), they will automatically return to her. It very annoying due to that i'm using her as a leader of party which collect all drops. In case of her boots there is not such issue.

3) When you start the game there is issues with number of slots for spell which Sandrah has and which she can use.

4) When you will get 'Roadmap to Waterdeep' from Jopi in Frieandly Arms Inn if part of party have boots of speed and others not you will get issues with AI with Sandrah showing road to it.

Attached Images

• Baldr007.jpg
  • Baldr008.jpg
  • Baldr009.jpg
  • Baldr010.jpg

Edited by Predator, 29 June 2017 - 08:54 AM.

#522 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:54 AM

I like this mod, and big thanks for mod support. This is why i'm posting found issues, for making it better.

Also i have found:

1)

* If you have in inventory stashed number of components healing potions (29 for example) + Aescalus herbs (4 for example). Then you can generate unlimited number of Potions of Super Healing. Due to result will produce 28 'healing potions' + 3 'Aescalus herb' + 2 'Potions of Super Healing' + 1 'healing potion' + 1 'Aescalus herb'

* I'm not sure but it looks you can unlimitly select 1: 'Open my Purse' which will give you + 1000 gold.

This seems to be a bug in your install, I cannot recreate it. I suggest that you put this file into your BG2EE/override and see if it helps,

Attached File  CVHEPO.BCS   1.79K   280 downloads

The purse option is now reduced to three exploits. Thank you for kicking me to do something I planned to do for long but always forgot.

2)

You can change items on Sandrah like armor and rings but can't move them to other place (like bag of holding or other NPC), they will automatically return to her. It very annoying due to that i'm using her as a leader of party which collect all drops. In case of her boots there is not such issue.

She does not part from her items of Mystra. Also, they are not useable by somebody else.

I would not use her in the lead slot, she is far better in the second one and using the second party formation from the left in the default selection as shown on your screenshots.

And bags of holding...I never use them in my games ever, but that is another story.

3) When you start the game there is issues with number of slots for spell which Sandrah has and which she can use.

This behaviour appears in constellation with some other mods at times. It depends on what else you have installed and in which version. Under some circumstances there appears an open level 1 slot that you cannot fill. It is a random issue for which I still have not found a permanent solution. It is more cosmetic than functional.

Except for one unusable level 1 slot, the issue normally disappears on level up.

4) When you will get 'Roadmap to Waterdeep' from Jopi in Frieandly Arms Inn if part of party have boots of speed and others not you will get issues with AI with Sandrah showing road to it.

This probably is not limited to Sandrah and that specific cutscene. Did you try Garrick's quest in Beregost with the boots of speed?. There are other scenes in the game where the party moves for some distance and this phenomenon may occur, It seems to be an EE issue in general. It happens when the slower creatures get in the way of the faster ones incidentally.

I have considered to take that scene out and just put a map marker of where to go. But most of the time it works and is a nice transition, that is why I have decided to keep it until now.

Edited by Roxanne, 29 June 2017 - 12:20 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#523 Predator

Predator
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:15 AM

Also i have found:

1)

This seems to be a bug in your install, I cannot recreate it. I suggest that you put this file into your BG2EE/override and see if it helps,

attachicon.gifCVHEPO.BCS

I have spend a lot of time for more deep investigation of this issue and it looks very old issue. BG Actions API is very poor for accurate work with stackable items.
DestroyItem - can simply remove entire stack of item (28 instances for example) (not its single instance)
TakePartyItemNum - if in Sandrah inventory is stack of item (28 for example) then dependently in which cell its located result can lead to still single stack (28) or two stacks (27+1) and etc.
And there is not any guaranty that exactly result of TakePartyItemNum will be used for DestroyItem.
TakeItemReplace - also can simply replace entire stack of item by single instance of new item.
TransformItem - will lead too full entire stack will be replaced with same size stack of other item.

Also i can't find any logical loops support like: goto, do, while and etc.

The only solution is to move all instances of ingredients to other members and then do like this (for me working version in most cases):
IF
	True()
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		CutSceneId("CVSandr")
		CreateVisualEffectObject("SPHOLY","CVSandr")
		Wait(1)
		GiveItem("potn08",Player1)
		GiveItem("CVheherb",Player1)
		Wait(1)
		TakePartyItemNum("potn08",1) // Potion of Healing
		DestroyItem("potn08") // Potion of Healing
		TakePartyItemNum("CVheherb",1) // Aescalus herb
		DestroyItem("CVheherb") // Aescalus herb
		GiveItemCreate("potn55","CVSandr",2,2,0) // Potion of Superior Healing
		Wait(1)
		EndCutSceneMode()
END

Or that somehow some ghost NPC will take from party all required amount of items.

Or don't use any alchemy like scripts.

I'm not sure that some mods not modify how Actions API works but it looks that they are hardcoded to engine and can't be simply changed.

Also original code looks mostly correct and not changed by any mods:
IF
	True()
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		CutSceneId("CVSandr")
		Wait(1)
		Wait(2)
		Wait(2)
		Wait(3)
		EndCutSceneMode()
END

Edited by Predator, 30 June 2017 - 06:42 AM.

#524 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 07:09 AM

Also i have found:

1)

attachicon.gifCVHEPO.BCS

I have spend a lot of time for more deep investigation of this issue and it looks very old issue. BG Actions API is very poor for accurate work with stackable items.
DestroyItem - can simply remove entire stack of item (28 instances for example) (not its single instance)
TakePartyItemNum - if in Sandrah inventory is stack of item (28 for example) then dependently in which cell its located result can lead to still single stack (28) or two stacks (27+1) and etc.
And there is not any guaranty that exactly result of TakePartyItemNum will be used for DestroyItem.
TakeItemReplace - also can simply replace entire stack of item by single instance of new item.
TransformItem - will lead too full entire stack will be replaced with same size stack of other item.

Also i can't find any logical loops support like: goto, do, while and etc.

The only solution is to move all instances of ingredients to other members and then do like this (for me working version in most cases):
IF
	True()
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		CutSceneId("CVSandr")
		Wait(1)
		Wait(1)
		Wait(1)
		EndCutSceneMode()
END

Or that somehow some ghost NPC will take from party all required amount of items.

Or don't use any alchemy like scripts.

I'm not sure that some mods not modify how Actions API works but it looks that they are hardcoded to engine and can't be simply changed.

Also original code looks mostly correct and not changed by any mods:
IF
	True()
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		CutSceneId("CVSandr")
		Wait(1)
		Wait(2)
		Wait(2)
		Wait(3)
		EndCutSceneMode()
END

Yes, that pretty much sums it up. It is not perfect.

The original idea behind it all was not so much the (exploitable) production of potions but intended to emphasise Sandrah's dedication to the healing aspects of her priesthood. It was more a part of the story than a function. I just found it to appear strange to limit it to one or two demonstrative uses and disable it when it has done its job for the story (which was my initial implementation).

The Sandrah Saga

#525 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:48 AM

Thanks, Predator.

Your suggestions have given me the impulse to look into the herb + potion issue again.

I have tested a couple of variations and finally settled for a slightly modified version of your proposal.

CVHepo.bcs:

IF
True()
THEN
RESPONSE #100
CutSceneId("CVSandr")
Wait(1)
Wait(1)
TakePartyItemNum("potn08",1)
DestroyItem("potn08")
TakePartyItemNum("CVheherb",1)
DestroyItem("CVheherb")
GiveItemCreate("potn55","CVSandr",1,0,0)
Wait(1)
ActionOverride(Player1,GiveItem("CVheherb","CVSandr"))
Wait(1)
EndCutSceneMode()
END

Takes one potion + 1 herb leaf and gives one superior potion.

Edited by Roxanne, 30 June 2017 - 11:50 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#526 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:04 AM

Hmm, seeing how the version 2.04 of Sandrah just got updated again is there any way to update it from a previous(I think I installed ver 2.04 in March) without having to reinstall everything via EET?

Would be nice to have all fixes and stuff up to date. :)

#527 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:13 AM

Hmm, seeing how the version 2.04 of Sandrah just got updated again is there any way to update it from a previous(I think I installed ver 2.04 in March) without having to reinstall everything via EET?

Would be nice to have all fixes and stuff up to date. :)

I updated the mod page only as the new version of EET released a few days ago no longer requires the extra PID_patch. So I updated the install instructions on the front page to refelect this. The SHS forum software calls this a new version, so nothing to be worried about.

The Sandrah Saga

#528 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 03:28 PM

PST:EE introduced 3 actions related to zoom that solve the problem that you complained about before:

463 SetZoomViewport(P:Point*)
464 StoreZoomLevel()
465 RestoreZoomLevel()

example usage:

ExploreMapChunk([597.3635],0,1000)
        StoreZoomLevel()
        SetZoomViewport([640.480])
        MoveViewPoint([481.3537],INSTANT)
        StartCutScene("0610ct3b")

In this case SetZoomViewport zooms the screen in so that the game looks like you would use 640x480 resolution during the cutscene (rewerted back after it). Not sure if this will be backported to BG2:EE engine but I've made a feature request on Beamdog redmine regarding it: https://support.bald...om/issues/31382

Edited by K4thos, 04 July 2017 - 03:29 PM.

#529 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 08:52 PM

PST:EE introduced 3 actions related to zoom that solve the problem that you complained about before:
463 SetZoomViewport(P:Point*)
464 StoreZoomLevel()
465 RestoreZoomLevel()

example usage:

ExploreMapChunk([597.3635],0,1000)
        StoreZoomLevel()
        SetZoomViewport([640.480])
        MoveViewPoint([481.3537],INSTANT)
        StartCutScene("0610ct3b")

In this case SetZoomViewport zooms the screen in so that the game looks like you would use 640x480 resolution during the cutscene (rewerted back after it). Not sure if this will be backported to BG2:EE engine but I've made a feature request on Beamdog redmine regarding it: https://support.bald...om/issues/31382

Thanks for the information. I think I saw some discussion somewhere about PST:EE features being ported to BG's, there seem to be some features people would like to see. Wait and see.

The Sandrah Saga

#530 southfla79

southfla79
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:41 PM

Did a fresh install of Sandrah and F&P. I had done an install prior and everything worked fine but now it errors out when trying to install Sandrah's kit. Debug attached.

Attached Files

#531 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:39 PM

Did a fresh install of Sandrah and F&P. I had done an install prior and everything worked fine but now it errors out when trying to install Sandrah's kit. Debug attached.

It looks like a F&P issue rather than Sandrah.

Check if this file is in your game folder

faiths_and_powers/spheres/clab/Life_focus.txt

If not, try and put this into the faiths_and_powers/spheres/clab/ folder

Attached File  life_focus.txt   597bytes   160 downloads

The Sandrah Saga

#532 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 08:51 AM

@southfla79 you should use the stable FnP beta v0.64 (which is in the "releases" tab of the mod's Github page). Stay away from the more recent builds until I can give Roxanne an updated compatibility package to use with Sandrah.

Edited by subtledoctor, 06 July 2017 - 08:52 AM.

#533 southfla79

southfla79
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:36 PM

Thanks. I'll try it again tonight.

#534 -ddlam-

-ddlam-

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:43 PM

Hello. I recently reinstalled my EET with Sandrah, and I read the readme pdf again and there is a note to remind us to "talk to everyone inside the temple in friendly arm", I remember in my previous playthrough there is a NPC related to Sandrah. (Chapter 1) But this time I only saw the priest and Saradas (from mod Saradas Magic). Am I screw something up? Just like to confirm before it is too late.

#535 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 08:48 PM

Hello. I recently reinstalled my EET with Sandrah, and I read the readme pdf again and there is a note to remind us to "talk to everyone inside the temple in friendly arm", I remember in my previous playthrough there is a NPC related to Sandrah. (Chapter 1) But this time I only saw the priest and Saradas (from mod Saradas Magic). Am I screw something up? Just like to confirm before it is too late.

You may be victim to this problem created by Saradas mod *overrides anything else in ar2304.bcs, thus making the mod incompatible with any other which adds contents to this area.*.

Saradas does not add things to the area script but overwrites it. At least that was the case when the report was made in March.

The Sandrah Saga

#536 -ddlam-

-ddlam-

Posted 06 July 2017 - 09:41 PM

Oh. Thanks for letting me know. At least I spot this at chapter 1, will reinstall eet soon.

#537 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:04 PM

Oh. Thanks for letting me know. At least I spot this at chapter 1, will reinstall eet soon.

You can just instead drop this file into BG2EE/override

Attached File  BG2304.BCS   5.3K   139 downloads

The Sandrah Saga

#538 Ikki

Ikki
  • Validating
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 04:04 AM

Hello Roxanne,

There is a Problem with the file Ascalon.d,

= ~ Consequently we serve * Mystra's Midnight Kiss*, taking the juice from ½ Orange, 2 dashes Cognac, 1 dash Cointreau, and fill up with Champagne. No magic involved but a blessed drink nonetheless.~

This line contain a non US ASCII caracter (the ½ ) that got messed up in EET

Edited by Ikki, 08 July 2017 - 04:05 AM.

#539 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 04:13 AM

Hello Roxanne,

There is a Problem with the file Ascalon.d,

= ~ Consequently we serve * Mystra's Midnight Kiss*, taking the juice from ½ Orange, 2 dashes Cognac, 1 dash Cointreau, and fill up with Champagne. No magic involved but a blessed drink nonetheless.~

This line contain a non US ASCII caracter (the ½ ) that got messed up in EET

Thanks for mentioning. Does it mean the AC quest is now available for EET?

There are a couple more of those, here is the revised file

Attached File  Ascalon.d   1.39K   136 downloads

Edited by Roxanne, 08 July 2017 - 04:17 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#540 Ikki

Ikki
  • Validating
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 05:05 AM

Does it mean the AC quest is now available for EET?

There is a version von White Agnus https://github.com/whiteagnus/AC_QUEST

There are a couple more of those

Yes, if you do a search with notepad++, you can find all those ASCII caractere above 127 that get wrongly converted under UTF8

search for [^\x00-\x7F]+ with regular expression on

Search "[^\x00-\x7F]+" (43 hits in 8 files)

Spoiler

Edited by Ikki, 08 July 2017 - 05:10 AM.