Photo

Sandrah Saga for EET (Bug and Support Forum)

EET Mega Mod

• Please log in to reply
1095 replies to this topic

#621 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 11:51 PM

Can you provide me some hints on the cloth quest ? After I obtained three pieces and nth progress. I just arrived baldurs gate, finished drizzt quest.

Did you not get a hint of asking Mr. E about it?

Spoiler

Edited by Roxanne, 23 July 2017 - 11:55 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#622 franco8737

franco8737
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:08 AM

Can you provide me some hints on the cloth quest ? After I obtained three pieces and nth progress. I just arrived baldurs gate, finished drizzt quest.

Spoiler

Seems not. Can I go back to there after bookhunt quest ?

#623 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:24 AM

Spoiler

Seems not. Can I go back to there after bookhunt quest ?

You can do that in any sequence and without haste.

The Sandrah Saga

#624 franco8737

franco8737
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:02 AM

Spoiler

#625 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:15 AM

Spoiler

If he is no longer at the temple, he has probably started his journey already and you may not see him again until SoD. This is not a bug or anything,, but the sequel for the Sharkta Fai story is somewhere in BG2 and then even continued after ToB. For BG1, you have probably found all about it that is already revealed at that time.

Generally, many of the Sandrah quests have many steps and stages until they all come together somewhere in ToB. The Bookhunt quest may be considered an independent quest but is also a part of a larger picture.

Edited by Roxanne, 24 July 2017 - 04:17 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#626 franco8737

franco8737
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:38 AM

Spoiler

If he is no longer at the temple, he has probably started his journey already and you may not see him again until SoD. This is not a bug or anything,, but the sequel for the Sharkta Fai story is somewhere in BG2 and then even continued after ToB. For BG1, you have probably found all about it that is already revealed at that time.

Generally, many of the Sandrah quests have many steps and stages until they all come together somewhere in ToB. The Bookhunt quest may be considered an independent quest but is also a part of a larger picture.

Oh I see. Just curious if I missed out something or in wrong sequences and I am referencing this txt file you shared previously. 

Attached Files

Edited by franco8737, 24 July 2017 - 04:44 AM.

#627 franco8737

franco8737
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:39 AM

I think I encountered a game bug in Tenya's quest. I talked to the fishermen before I talked to her and I get the bowl from the fishermen with Sandrah's injection.

Then I get back to Tenya but she's still repeating the first dialog, I tried beat her until unconscious but nth change. 

Tried finding some hints at beamdog forum, it seems someone also encountered this bug but no solution found.

Should I not talk to the fishermen first?

Edited by franco8737, 25 July 2017 - 12:40 AM.

#628 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 01:13 AM

I think I encountered a game bug in Tenya's quest. I talked to the fishermen before I talked to her and I get the bowl from the fishermen with Sandrah's injection.

Then I get back to Tenya but she's still repeating the first dialog, I tried beat her until unconscious but nth change. 

Tried finding some hints at beamdog forum, it seems someone also encountered this bug but no solution found.

If you speak to Tenya for the first time, you should have various options to answer including those if you already have the bowl:

"Here is the bowl that was taken from your mother. Perhaps now she will rest."

"With Mystra's help I came into possession of a bowl that was taken from your mother. Perhaps now she will rest."

The first is if you have the bowl without having had Sandrah's encounters.

The second is for Sandrah's case.

In both cases there should not even be a reason to fight her...unless something else has tweaked the dialogue.

The option to have the bowl already when you talk to Tenya exists even without the Sandrah mod. It should not matter whom you talked to first.

PS - Can you quote the line that she is repeating?

Edited by Roxanne, 25 July 2017 - 01:17 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#629 franco8737

franco8737
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 01:23 AM

If you speak to Tenya for the first time, you should have various options to answer including those if you already have the bowl:

"With Mystra's help I came into possession of a bowl that was taken from your mother. Perhaps now she will rest."

In both cases there should not even be a reason to fight her...unless something else has tweaked the dialogue.

The option to have the bowl already when you talk to Tenya exists even without the Sandrah mod. It should not matter whom you talked to first.

"You return?! I warn you once again to leave my home. If you do not, I must assume you are allied with my enemies!" (But I have already got the bowl already)

By creating a new Tenya using CLUA Console, I am able to get the dialogue you mentioned. 

And something about Sister A, what are they for? I killed them in Beregost Inn before without any quests and I suddenly meet them again in the farmland with zombie and they keep repeating same dialogue, it obviously a bug. What quest are they related to?

Edited by franco8737, 25 July 2017 - 01:33 AM.

#630 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 01:44 AM

"You return?! I warn you once again to leave my home. If you do not, I must assume you are allied with my enemies!" (But I have already got the bowl already)

By creating a new Tenya using CLUA Console, I am able to get the dialogue you mentioned. 

And something about Sister A, what are they for? I killed them in Beregost Inn before without any quests and I suddenly meet them again in the farmland with zombie and they keep repeating same dialogue, it obviously a bug. What quest are they related to?

I cannot explain the initial Tenya thing. It worked as it should the second time. I have tried it both with original Tenya and with Tenya NPC mod installed, it always produces the second event like with your clua'd Tenya.

Wherever it came from, I declare Sandrah to be innocent. As you already mentioned - there are bean dogs reports (and they do not play Sandrah).

The sisters in farmland are not a bug.

Did they not tell you that they take revenge for their lovers (the zombies you killed)?

They are not individual characters but a group of lovers of undead. These are others than the ones in Beregost.

The Sandrah Saga

#631 franco8737

franco8737
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 03:30 AM

I cannot explain the initial Tenya thing. It worked as it should the second time. I have tried it both with original Tenya and with Tenya NPC mod installed, it always produces the second event like with your clua'd Tenya.

Wherever it came from, I declare Sandrah to be innocent. As you already mentioned - there are bean dogs reports (and they do not play Sandrah).

The sisters in farmland are not a bug.

Did they not tell you that they take revenge for their lovers (the zombies you killed)?

They are not individual characters but a group of lovers of undead. These are others than the ones in Beregost.

Oh, the sister didn't. They just keep looping on same dialogue like "Eeeh, girls, isn't a high time to change the branch?" blah blah blah

#632 Lundar

Lundar
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:17 AM

Hello Roxanne!

I finally get access to this support forum; it was a tedious way....

So first: How do I make a Spoiler tag ?

and then (in my old installation)

What must I do with Shauana ?

I returned to Amn with Shauana and talked to the shaman, but Minsc is missing

What to do now ?

#633 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:43 AM

Hello Roxanne!

I finally get access to this support forum; it was a tedious way....

So first: How do I make a Spoiler tag ?

and then (in my old installation)

What must I do with Shauana ?

I returned to Amn with Shauana and talked to the shaman, but Minsc is missing

What to do now ?

Spoiler tags

tags.jpg

Mark the text you want to put in spoiler, hit the button marker in the picture. From the pull down menu that opens, select *Spoiler*.

Shauhana

Keep her in your comapany while you continue with other tasks, after a day or so and while in Athkatla, you will be visited by a messenger from the shaman and the plot continues.

For missing Minsc, I suggest to put a savegame into a zip folder and post it here (or if too big, you put it on dropbox and post a link here.)

To post a file here:

Spoiler

The Sandrah Saga

#634 franco8737

franco8737
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:45 PM

Hi, Is the current version of Faiths and Powers not compatible with Sandrah? I got an installation error when installing both of them and the error mentioned about something like "kit".

#635 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:52 PM

Hi, Is the current version of Faiths and Powers not compatible with Sandrah? I got an installation error when installing both of them and the error mentioned about something like "kit".

There is a lot of experimentation going on with F+P at this moment. You need to be more specific about which version of F+P you are trying and which error you get from Sandrah.

Maybe it would be best to remove the compatibility attempt from Sandrah as a whole, since F+P seems not to be stable enough to consider it.

It may also help to investigate with F+P guys directly, they know better what they do at this time.

And...which mod gave the error in the first place?

Current version of F+P? 0,71 or 0,74e or catch of the day?

Edited by Roxanne, 12 August 2017 - 11:45 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#636 franco8737

franco8737
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:33 AM

There is a lot of experimentation going on with F+P at this moment. You need to be more specific about which version of F+P you are trying and which error you get from Sandrah.

Maybe it would be best to remove the compatibility attempt from Sandrah as a whole, since F+P seems not to be stable enough to consider it.

It may also help to investigate with F+P guys directly, they know better what they do at this time.

And...which mod gave the error in the first place?

Current version of F+P? 0,71 or 0,74e or catch of the day?

Thanks for the reply.

I did encounter the installation problem on 8 Aug and the error message shown up in the log as follow (during the installation of Sandrah Kit):-

ERROR: [CVMYSTRA.2da] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "faiths_and_powers/spheres/clab/Life_focus.txt"))

And the version at that moment is 0.72b and I noticed that the version has been updated in these days but I checked the updated log and wasn't sure it has been fixed or not.

I did contact the modder of FnP and he said he gave the compatibility code to you for implementation.

https://forums.beamd...pell-tweaks/p69

Edited by franco8737, 13 August 2017 - 12:35 AM.

#637 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:09 AM

I did encounter the installation problem on 8 Aug and the error message shown up in the log as follow (during the installation of Sandrah Kit):-

ERROR: [CVMYSTRA.2da] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "faiths_and_powers/spheres/clab/Life_focus.txt"))

And the version at that moment is 0.72b and I noticed that the version has been updated in these days but I checked the updated log and wasn't sure it has been fixed or not.

I did contact the modder of FnP and he said he gave the compatibility code to you for implementation.

Two possibilities, depending on your decision:

1) Extract the attached files and put them into the SandrahNPC folder - the tp2 to overwrite the existing one, the ones in the lib folder to be put into SandrahNPC/lib (overwrite if asked). See if that removes the error.

Attached File  Sandrah_F_P.zip   48.63K   248 downloads

OR

2) Take the attached Setup-SandrahNPC.tp2_noF+P.txt and rename it to SandrahNPC.tp2 and put it into SandrahNPC overwriting the existing one.

Attached File  Setup-SandrahNPC.tp2_noF+P.txt   261.24K   401 downloads

If either of the two are successful, I would be glad to hear the result, since I have currently no install to test the new F+P package.

The Sandrah Saga

#638 franco8737

franco8737
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 04:47 AM

Two possibilities, depending on your decision:

1) Extract the attached files and put them into the SandrahNPC folder - the tp2 to overwrite the existing one, the ones in the lib folder to be put into SandrahNPC/lib (overwrite if asked). See if that removes the error.

attachicon.gifSandrah_F_P.zip

OR

2) Take the attached Setup-SandrahNPC.tp2_noF+P.txt and rename it to SandrahNPC.tp2 and put it into SandrahNPC overwriting the existing one.

attachicon.gifSetup-SandrahNPC.tp2_noF+P.txt

If either of the two are successful, I would be glad to hear the result, since I have currently no install to test the new F+P package.

Thanks. I am gonna try the most updated version and see if there is any existing problem. If yes, I will then try your solution and let you know the result.

#639 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:52 PM

FnP is perfectly stable at the moment. The most important work (imho) - getting the new version to where it installs without problems - has been done. Now we are working out a few bugs: improving some spells and HLAs and dealing with some item usability issues.

Two possible problems between FnP and Sandrah:

1) The compatibility code that I gave to Roxanne has some stuff that references the FnP mod folder. So it assumes a player hasn't deleted or moved the FnP mod folder after installing FnP but before installing Sandrah.

2) That compatibility also uses Camdawg's Remove_Lines function, which I thought was a core part of Weidu, but it actually isn't. The solution for now could be to add this code somewhere before the compatibility function runs:
https://github.com/U...emove_lines.tpa

I am working right now on a newer, better version of the compatibility code, which should fix both of those issues.

#640 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:27 PM

FnP is perfectly stable at the moment. The most important work (imho) - getting the new version to where it installs without problems - has been done. Now we are working out a few bugs: improving some spells and HLAs and dealing with some item usability issues.

Two possible problems between FnP and Sandrah:

1) The compatibility code that I gave to Roxanne has some stuff that references the FnP mod folder. So it assumes a player hasn't deleted or moved the FnP mod folder after installing FnP but before installing Sandrah.

2) That compatibility also uses Camdawg's Remove_Lines function, which I thought was a core part of Weidu, but it actually isn't. The solution for now could be to add this code somewhere before the compatibility function runs:
https://github.com/U...emove_lines.tpa

I am working right now on a newer, better version of the compatibility code, which should fix both of those issues.

1) I assume the same,

Even if

seems to indicate that a file in F+P was not found.

2) My tp2 contains prior to the compatibility code this

INCLUDE ~SandrahNPC/lib/remove_lines.tpa~

In my lib folder is the respective tpa file

Additional remark - this is the first report about a failure with the compatibility code since it was included some months ago? I have seen a large number of Weidu,logs from users which contained both mods, so it worked, at least until the recent update.

EDIT

After further research it seems we are chasing ghosts here. The two mods in question cannot have compatibility issues as they never should be in the same game:

- Sandrah is EET only mod

- Faith and Powers is no EET mod http://gibberlings3....showtopic=27741

- The error is in BWS which allows both mods to exist in the same game instead of making F+P a BG2EE mod, There is a missing filter.

Edited by Roxanne, 13 August 2017 - 02:14 PM.

The Sandrah Saga