Photo

Sandrah Saga for EET (Bug and Support Forum)

EET Mega Mod

• Please log in to reply
1095 replies to this topic

#641 southfla79

southfla79
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:06 PM

I've been runnin f&p and Sandrah on EET installs for the last month or so. Granted I've not done a new install since subtle made the new changes but everything prior had installed fine.

#642 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:36 PM

I'm attaching a new version of the compatibility code.  I apologize that the recent one I sent you was not as final as I thought. I have tested this with the latest release of FnP (v0.74) and it passed with flying colors, on a multiclass kit as well (a cleric/mage).  So I have confidence in this one.

As for FnP in EET, I think when k4thos made that list FnP wasn't in public beta yet.  Just because the mod isn't in the list doesn't mean there is a problem; people have been using it with Sandrah for a while so clearly they have been using it with EET without any issues.  I'm not aware of anything in the code that would cause problems for EET installs.

Attached Files

Edited by subtledoctor, 13 August 2017 - 07:39 PM.

#643 franco8737

franco8737
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:43 PM

I did encounter the installation problem on 8 Aug and the error message shown up in the log as follow (during the installation of Sandrah Kit):-

ERROR: [CVMYSTRA.2da] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "faiths_and_powers/spheres/clab/Life_focus.txt"))

And the version at that moment is 0.72b and I noticed that the version has been updated in these days but I checked the updated log and wasn't sure it has been fixed or not.

I did contact the modder of FnP and he said he gave the compatibility code to you for implementation.

Two possibilities, depending on your decision:

1) Extract the attached files and put them into the SandrahNPC folder - the tp2 to overwrite the existing one, the ones in the lib folder to be put into SandrahNPC/lib (overwrite if asked). See if that removes the error.

attachicon.gifSandrah_F_P.zip

OR

2) Take the attached Setup-SandrahNPC.tp2_noF+P.txt and rename it to SandrahNPC.tp2 and put it into SandrahNPC overwriting the existing one.

attachicon.gifSetup-SandrahNPC.tp2_noF+P.txt

If either of the two are successful, I would be glad to hear the result, since I have currently no install to test the new F+P package.

Update: 

I tried with the updated version of FnP and the problem is still there and the component Sandrah Kit cannot be installed.

I decided to use the first option and override the lib and tp2 file and it installed successfully.

Thank you.

#644 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:31 PM

Two possibilities, depending on your decision:

1) Extract the attached files and put them into the SandrahNPC folder - the tp2 to overwrite the existing one, the ones in the lib folder to be put into SandrahNPC/lib (overwrite if asked). See if that removes the error.

attachicon.gifSandrah_F_P.zip

OR

2) Take the attached Setup-SandrahNPC.tp2_noF+P.txt and rename it to SandrahNPC.tp2 and put it into SandrahNPC overwriting the existing one.

attachicon.gifSetup-SandrahNPC.tp2_noF+P.txt

If either of the two are successful, I would be glad to hear the result, since I have currently no install to test the new F+P package.

Update: 

I tried with the updated version of FnP and the problem is still there and the component Sandrah Kit cannot be installed.

I decided to use the first option and override the lib and tp2 file and it installed successfully.

Thank you.

Thank you for your patience and good will to try out the options.

Theoretically this may mean I could update the mod with the new code...sadly all effort was in vain because F+P has again changed http://www.shsforums...33#entry596464.

This should not affect you, however.

Just for further installations, I am now back to square one.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#645 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:36 PM

I'm attaching a new version of the compatibility code.  I apologize that the recent one I sent you was not as final as I thought. I have tested this with the latest release of FnP (v0.74) and it passed with flying colors, on a multiclass kit as well (a cleric/mage).  So I have confidence in this one.

Is there any information available about what has changed?

The Sandrah Saga

#646 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 04:04 AM

Broadly:
1) everything installs better...
2) after installation, everything works better. :)

As far as features, there are a few new kits that won't have any impact on Sandrah. But that is small potatoes. The jump from the last stable beta (0.64) to the current one (0.74) is a major one that requires updates from other mods that interact with it. Updates as in, what I attached a couple posts above.

But hopefully this is the last time it happens. I don't think we have any actual new features planned after this - just a lot of bug-fixing and conflict-solving. (We do have some plans for the Shaman class... but that is a while off, and shouldn't affect Sandrah anyway.)

#647 franco8737

franco8737
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:29 PM

Hi again, I just find something. Although the installation is successful, I start the game and meet Sandrah.

Turned out that most of her equipment is not usable by her and I presume it maybe caused by Scale of Balance / Faiths and Powers. And I am trying to figure out by not installing SoB now.

Seems little bit silly, but I just keep reinstalling a whole entire saga all the time to make a optimistic gameplay.

It is weird because Sandrah Saga is always the almost last mod installed by BWS, so I don't know why it would still affected by these mods.

Edited by franco8737, 16 August 2017 - 07:28 PM.

#648 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:56 PM

Hi again, I just find something. Although the installation is successful, I start the game and meet Sandrah.

Turned out that most of her equipment is not usable by her and I presume it maybe caused by Scale of Balance / Faiths and Powers. And I am trying to figure out by not installing SoB now.

Seems little bit silly, but I just keep reinstalling a whole entire saga all the time to make a optimistic gameplay.

It is weird because Sandrah Saga is always the almost last mod installed by BWS, so I don't know why it would still affected by these mods.

Install order does not preventing changes to common files to ripple back on later mods. General changes to item use vs class etc are global changes (to e.g. ids or 2da files or to scripts used by many creatures) take effect no matter when they are installed.

PS - I am not sure about Scales of Balance, I never used or tested it due to its large number of conflicts with other mods (including F+P)

The Sandrah Saga

#649 franco8737

franco8737
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:41 PM

Install order does not preventing changes to common files to ripple back on later mods. General changes to item use vs class etc are global changes (to e.g. ids or 2da files or to scripts used by many creatures) take effect no matter when they are installed.

PS - I am not sure about Scales of Balance, I never used or tested it due to its large number of conflicts with other mods (including F+P)

Oh, anyway, I am tired of reinstalling, I guess I would go for no fnp and sob for my EET this time.

:shifty:

#650 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:52 PM

Oh, anyway, I am tired of reinstalling, I guess I would go for no fnp and sob for my EET this time.

:shifty:

There are no known issues between Sandrah and F+P, mod compatibility has just been updated to match the latest big update of F+P about a week ago.

I cannot comment on SoB, I never use it myself but I am not aware of any issues ever reported with the two mods.

Conflict between F+P and SoB would be strange, both mods come from the same author, unless I am mistaken`?

Edited by Roxanne, 17 August 2017 - 01:10 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#651 -helo138-

-helo138-

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:41 PM

@franco

Some time ago I did an install with a big number of mods, including Sandrah, SOB, Item Revisions and FnP. I installed Sandrah before SOB and FnP. As in your case some of her equipment was not usable. So I had to change some of the usability flags with Near Infinity. If there are other requirements, like minimum strength or dexterity, you may have to change them too.  I know it´s not ideal, but till chapter 6 the install worked really well (Didn´t have much time to play the last weeks). The only annoying problem I had so far were some clones of various npcs (like finch, Khattark, Old man from lighthouse area) on some maps. I don´t know were the issue lies here. 

Regarding compatibility between SoB and FnP, the only kink of which I am aware lies with weapon proficiencies. Subtledoctor is aware of the problem and tries to solve it. But as far as I understand, part of the problem can only be solved from beamdog side, so I don´t know how successful he will be. 

#652 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 01:04 PM

@franco

Some time ago I did an install with a big number of mods, including Sandrah, SOB, Item Revisions and FnP. I installed Sandrah before SOB and FnP. As in your case some of her equipment was not usable. So I had to change some of the usability flags with Near Infinity. If there are other requirements, like minimum strength or dexterity, you may have to change them too.  I know it´s not ideal, but till chapter 6 the install worked really well (Didn´t have much time to play the last weeks). The only annoying problem I had so far were some clones of various npcs (like finch, Khattark, Old man from lighthouse area) on some maps. I don´t know were the issue lies here. 

Regarding compatibility between SoB and FnP, the only kink of which I am aware lies with weapon proficiencies. Subtledoctor is aware of the problem and tries to solve it. But as far as I understand, part of the problem can only be solved from beamdog side, so I don´t know how successful he will be. 

Just to compare notes

I have in my installs Item Revision and F+P but never SoB

I hollow the BWS install sequence, i,e, Sandrah after those mods (the mod gets the changes introduced by those mods anyway, since Sandrah uses standard files from the game however they are changed by other mods). No mod should change useability flags for personal items of NPC mods anyway - that is destruction without any purpose.

In my installs there are no issues.

@franco

You say that you changed usability flags with NI. Do you have any example of which item and which flags? Just to see if the item was changed or maybe a file that controls item usability by class.

Other question - does it only affect Sandrah or other priests or mod NPCs as well?

Edited by Roxanne, 17 August 2017 - 01:37 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#653 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:05 PM

More information to the Item Revision and F+P and SoB + Sandrah issue:

I installed SoB on top of my existing EET install. The only issue concerning Sandrah which I observed was that she was forced down to level 1 when she joins (instead of level 2 which matches to her background story and which is the level she is created at by my mod) and thus cannot use some of her items due to *not adequate level*. This changes when she levels up..

The issue is created ny SoB

00000: ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ 0 122 // WPO - Systemic Proficiency Changes: v5.7.1

It also affects the other mod NPC priest I have in my party (Tenya), so it is not just incompatible with my mod but has wider impact.

Sorry for that, it was not detected before and it may simply be corrected by install sequence - if I read the SoB code correctly, then it only modifies creature files that are in the game alredy when it installs but no those that come after.

The Sandrah Saga

#654 -helo138-

-helo138-

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:07 PM

Sorry Roxanne, I can´t remember which flags or requirements I changed. Only thing I know for sure is, that I had to change something. At least some of the items like her chainmail have level requirements. It´s possible, that her level was lower at the time of her recruitment. Don´t know, how this might have happened (one component alters the xp-table). Also stat requirements can be a problem. SoB/Item Revision reduce dexterity based on armor-type. Another component reduces strength if you only use a one handed weapon. 

Of course it´s possible, that my changed install order caused this problems. It´s even likely. When I made this install I was simply afraid that none of the gameplay changes from the other mods would apply to the sandrah-npc, so I changed the installorder. Gameplay and storywise I hadn´t any mayor problems so far. Only the fat man at the end of the demonic scroll quest was nearly unbeatable. 

Again I am sorry that I don´t remember anymore, I should have reported this sooner. 

#655 -helo138-

-helo138-

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:12 PM

More information to the Item Revision and F+P and SoB + Sandrah issue:

I installed SoB on top of my existing EET install. The only issue concerning Sandrah which I observed was that she was forced down to level 1 when she joins (instead of level 2 which matches to her background story and which is the level she is created at by my mod) and thus cannot use some of her items due to *not adequate level*. This changes when she levels up..

The issue is created ny SoB

00000: ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ 0 122 // WPO - Systemic Proficiency Changes: v5.7.1

It also affects the other mod NPC priest I have in my party (Tenya), so it is not just incompatible with my mod but has wider impact.

Sorry for that, it was not detected before and it may simply be corrected by install sequence - if I read the SoB code correctly, then it only modifies creature files that are in the game alredy when it installs but no those that come after.

Yeah I remember that some of the items became available after leveling up. But not all of them. If I come across this problem again, or some others in the future, than I will report them earlier. 

#656 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:29 PM

Sorry Roxanne, I can´t remember which flags or requirements I changed. Only thing I know for sure is, that I had to change something. At least some of the items like her chainmail have level requirements. It´s possible, that her level was lower at the time of her recruitment. Don´t know, how this might have happened (one component alters the xp-table). Also stat requirements can be a problem. SoB/Item Revision reduce dexterity based on armor-type. Another component reduces strength if you only use a one handed weapon. 

There may be additional issues there, some of her items have strength requirements (which she normally meets) Or dexterity...Under normal condition it means she cannot use her stuff if those abilities are drained - but permanent change makes her kind of unusable.

Of course it´s possible, that my changed install order caused this problems. It´s even likely. When I made this install I was simply afraid that none of the gameplay changes from the other mods would apply to the sandrah-npc, so I changed the installorder. Gameplay and storywise I hadn´t any mayor problems so far. Only the fat man at the end of the demonic scroll quest was nearly unbeatable. 

,,,the fat man at the end of the demonic scroll quest was nearly unbeatable. He has that surprise factor working for him when you meet him unprepared for the first time...

The Sandrah Saga

#657 -helo138-

-helo138-

Posted 17 August 2017 - 03:12 PM

There may be additional issues there, some of her items have strength requirements (which she normally meets) Or dexterity...Under normal condition it means she cannot use her stuff if those abilities are drained - but permanent change makes her kind of unusable.

,,,the fat man at the end of the demonic scroll quest was nearly unbeatable. He has that surprise factor working for him when you meet him unprepared for the first time...

Regarding item usability-flags, in my newest install, with nearly the same mod selection, except Sandrah, I noticed (with subtledoctors help) a false allocation in the kitlist.2da-file. I was wondering, because my Fighter/Cleric of Tempus Multiclass was restricted to studded leather. Maybe in my install the Sandrah-npc had a similar issue. Maybe the item-flags are ok, but class and usability do not match. 

The fat man... With nearly unbeatable I mean that I had to cheese my way through. No way I could have beaten him fair and square. He started to summon hordes of creatures and I don´t think he would have stopped, if I hadn´t killed him fast. Compared to that the second greyclan episode (death knights, adamantit golems) was a walk in the park.

#658 -helo138-

-helo138-

Posted 17 August 2017 - 03:12 PM

Regarding item usability-flags, in my newest install, with nearly the same mod selection, except Sandrah, I noticed (with subtledoctors help) a false allocation in the kitlist.2da-file. I was wondering, because my Fighter/Cleric of Tempus Multiclass was restricted to studded leather. Maybe in my install the Sandrah-npc had a similar issue. Maybe the item-flags are ok, but class and usability do not match. 

The fat man... With nearly unbeatable I mean that I had to cheese my way through. No way I could have beaten him fair and square. He started to summon hordes of creatures and I don´t think he would have stopped, if I hadn´t killed him fast. Compared to that the second greyclan episode (death knights, adamantit golems) was a walk in the park.

#659 -helo138-

-helo138-

Posted 17 August 2017 - 03:14 PM

#660 -helo138-

-helo138-

Posted 17 August 2017 - 03:15 PM