Photo

Sandrah Saga for EET (Bug and Support Forum)

EET Mega Mod

• Please log in to reply
1095 replies to this topic

#881 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:00 PM

Hey Roxanne, could you help me figure out an issue with one of the mods quest?

Spoiler

Thanks in advance!

Just a question - when you now talk to the harbormaster, is that in the building where you first met him or are you at the docks south of the very expensive restaurant and south of Elminster's house?

The talk you get should only trigger in the harbormaster building, the other talk triggers when you meet him in the right place,

Anyway, thank you for that report. I think to improve the mod, it may be best to deactivate the guy in the building while the vampire quest is ongoing.

Yep, that was the problem, I went directly to the Harbor Master Building in the first map (CVROA8).

Talking to him outside the fancy restaurant did the trick. Thank you very much!

Ringothal says this when he gives you the quest  "The harbour master will get you on board of the vessel. He will await you at the docks near the *coq*. Good luck. I am content you can shed some light into that matter, <CHARNAME>"

Still,,,I think it can be improved,,,

Hope you can still enjoy it.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#882 icymad

icymad
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:37 AM

Im stuck in the bookhunt quest, i can't find the treasure in the Isle, maybe it needs to trigger a dialogue?

#883 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:12 AM

Im stuck in the bookhunt quest, i can't find the treasure in the Isle, maybe it needs to trigger a dialogue?

You are in the large island area (CVPir3)?

Spoiler

The Sandrah Saga

#884 icymad

icymad
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:29 AM

Maybe the dialogue didn't trigger, i'm gonna test right now to see if it works. Edit: no dialogue happens, i do remember this area crashing once(not related to rest or spells), so maybe it was the dialogue?

Edited by icymad, 12 November 2017 - 06:35 AM.

#885 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:35 AM

Maybe the dialogue didn't trigger, i'm gonna test right now to see if it works. Edit: no dialogue happens, i do remember this area crashing once(not related to rest or spells), so maybe it was the dialogue?

The dialogue triggers a spell (insect summoning) and the insects show you the secret entrance. If that spell causes a problem, you may have some deeper issues with your install, it is a vanilla game spell spin689.

You can test it by moving to the point indicated on the map (left side of arrow) and set with console

C:SetGlobal("SanSuBH","GLOBAL",28)

Edited by Roxanne, 12 November 2017 - 07:36 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#886 icymad

icymad
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:02 AM

It works now, thanks.

#887 -Sogdiane-

-Sogdiane-

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:57 AM

Hi Roxanne,

Things never get boring...

As I said before, I tried an installation of BGEE, BG2EE and EET with BWS and

my question is: isn't BWS meant to install all the mods it downloaded?

In my case, mods such as Drizzt Saga, BG1NPC Project, BG1 Romantic Encounters, among others, were downloaded but

not installed. I tried to install them manually to no avail?

What is the glitch this time?

Many thanks

#888 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:02 AM

Hi Roxanne,

In my case, mods such as Drizzt Saga, BG1NPC Project, BG1 Romantic Encounters, among others, were downloaded but

Many thanks

In principle, BWS is supposed to install the mods it downloaded, provided the download succeeded and they were successfully unpacked into your game folder. Are there any error messages in your log?

Maybe you can post a file called BiG World Debug.7z you should find in your BG2EE folder?

The Sandrah Saga

#889 -Sogdiane-

-Sogdiane-

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:21 AM

Hi Roxanne,

Many thanks

In principle, BWS is supposed to install the mods it downloaded, provided the download succeeded and they were successfully unpacked into your game folder. Are there any error messages in your log?

Maybe you can post a file called BiG World Debug.7z you should find in your BG2EE folder?

Thanks for your answer

What I wrote in my previous post was a bit inaccurate.

The mods I referred to were downloaded but not unpacked into the game folder. 

I unpacked them manually but couldn't install them. 

#890 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:30 AM

This is still vague. Did you try to install them manually or did you force BWS to install the manually extracted ones?

The Sandrah Saga

#891 -Sogdiane-

-Sogdiane-

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:36 AM

This is still vague. Did you try to install them manually or did you force BWS to install the manually extracted ones?

I tried to install them myself. 

I don't know how to proceed to force BWS to install mods it didn't extract itself.  

#892 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:48 AM

I don't know how to proceed to force BWS to install mods it didn't extract itself.  

The problem might be this:

- Drizzt Saga and BG1NPCs install in BGEE part prior to EET being started in BG2EE. Trying to install them after EET on BG2EE will fail.

The Sandrah Saga

#893 -Sogdiane-

-Sogdiane-

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:50 AM

- Drizzt Saga and BG1NPCs install in BGEE part prior to EET being started in BG2EE. Trying to install them after EET on BG2EE will fail.

I see. What do you think I can do to fix it?

#894 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:56 AM

Promise not to kill the messenger, please...

Start with a new clean install. If you use BWS, you should have kept the downloaded unpacked mods in some folder. Make sure BWS uses this folder again (it is on the BWS screen where you tell the tool where the BGEE and BG2EE is located, there is also where to put and find the mods).

In case BWS really fails to unpack a mod, it will tell you in the dialogues after downloading or after unpacking. Read the dialogue options carefully to make sure that you have not removed the mods from your selection (as this is one of the options and maybe the one you chose last time?).

The other option is to play without them...

Edited by Roxanne, 13 November 2017 - 01:57 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#895 -Sogdiane-

-Sogdiane-

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:08 AM

Promise not to kill the messenger, please...

Start with a new clean install. If you use BWS, you should have kept the downloaded unpacked mods in some folder. Make sure BWS uses this folder again (it is on the BWS screen where you tell the tool where the BGEE and BG2EE is located, there is also where to put and find the mods).

In case BWS really fails to unpack a mod, it will tell you in the dialogues after downloading or after unpacking. Read the dialogue options carefully to make sure that you have not removed the mods from your selection (as this is one of the options and maybe the one you chose last time?).

The other option is to play without them.

The messenger will be kept safe.

It may be that I accidentally delisted one or more mods while trying to resolve the conflicts between them. 

This part of the BWS process took me a lot of time to finalise and was not easy. I am not sure I can control it efficiently. 

I will try my best to re-run the process because I understand that I would miss a lot of content playing Sandrah Saga without Drizzt Saga and BG1NPC has become a must-have I guess.

Thanks again

#896 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:50 AM

It may be that I accidentally delisted one or more mods while trying to resolve the conflicts between them. 

This part of the BWS process took me a lot of time to finalise and was not easy. I am not sure I can control it efficiently. 

This part of BWS is very powerful but I agree it is not too easy to understand. The problem is that you can only put a limited amount of information into those menues and many users do not read that info anyway. It is trying to summerize a readme in a popup message.

One of the main problems of BWS today is, that these things can no longer be changed or improved due to the underlying and outdated software.

The Sandrah Saga

#897 -Sogdiane-

-Sogdiane-

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:57 AM

This part of BWS is very powerful but I agree it is not too easy to understand. The problem is that you can only put a limited amount of information into those menues and many users do not read that info anyway. It is trying to summerize a readme in a popup message.

One of the main problems of BWS today is, that these things can no longer be changed or improved due to the underlying and outdated software.

I  understand what you mean.

The choices should be made having by one's side the readmes of the involved mods; the use would better undestand what he is doing, maybe. 

#898 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:18 AM

The choices should be made having by one's side the readmes of the involved mods; the use would better undestand what he is doing, maybe. 

Here is some hint, maybe it helps:

Once you solved the warnings and errors on the one screen, you can always go back to the screen with the modlist and cross check what impact you made on mod selection. The tool has all the time in the world and you can optimise your settings several times.

My experience is that the time you spend here is not wasted. I always invest my time rather at this stage than chasing errors later on.

The Sandrah Saga

#899 -Sogdiane-

-Sogdiane-

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:26 AM

Here is some hint, maybe it helps:

Once you solved the warnings and errors on the one screen, you can always go back to the screen with the modlist and cross check what impact you made on mod selection. The tool has all the time in the world and you can optimise your settings several times.

My experience is that the time you spend here is not wasted. I always invest my time rather at this stage than chasing errors later on.

Wise suggestion.

I probably did the whole thing hastily... a bit.

I'll take time  double-checking things.

In any case, I thank you a lot for the help granted. 

#900 icymad

icymad
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:38 PM

There is a weird crash at the beginning of chapter 6 that affected 3 saves, here is the in game message:

"Zhalimar Cloudwulfe: Damage Taken (15)

Zhalimar Cloudwulfe:The berserk state has ended. The character now loses the 15 points gained and if it reaches zero he will be knocked unconscious"

And then the game crashes...