Photo

Sandrah Saga for EET (Bug and Support Forum)

EET Mega Mod

• Please log in to reply
1095 replies to this topic

#861 icymad

icymad
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 06:07 PM

Yes, i have the demonic scroll and the other scroll the demon gives to the party, and Sandrah is in the party.

So console

C:SetGlobal("ScrlalzT","GLOBAL",1)

should activate the dialogues.

This is normally set when you come down the stairs from upstairs Firebead. You also get a journal entry etc.

Instead of console, you can also try to visit Firebead in Beregost again, area BG3334.

It worked, thanks. But eh, how do i find the portal?

#862 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 09:10 PM

Spoiler

Edited by Roxanne, 23 October 2017 - 09:11 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#863 icymad

icymad
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 04:39 AM

Spoiler

Does it affect the quest if i already solved the dead cat quest in that location?

#864 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 04:56 AM

Spoiler

Does it affect the quest if i already solved the dead cat quest in that location?

It should not matter.

The Sandrah Saga

#865 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 08:23 AM

Hello Roxanne! I released NTotSC v2.0 for testing and also had a look at Sandrah crossmod. I identified the following NTotSC ressources and how they would have to be changed to be compatible with NTotSC v2.0:

ar9pbatalos.baf:

Global("GetReadyToPitigriling","GLOBAL",1) --> Global("NTGetReadyToPitigriling","GLOBAL",1) //PC talked to Head sirine Achandra on "Paradise Island"

ar90pbtalos.baf:

Global("MeandarNeedHelp","GLOBAL",2) --> Global("NTMeandarNeedHelp","GLOBAL",2) //Meander's quests finished, he gave the key
Global("MeandarGivesCultQuest","GLOBAL",1) --> Global("NTMeandarGivesCultQuest","GLOBAL",1) //Meander's quest to kill Draagis was given

CVSandra.baf:

Global("TalkedToHasdar1","GLOBAL",1) --> OR(2) Global("NTTalkedToHasdar","GLOBAL",2) Global("NTTalkedToHasdar","GLOBAL",3) //PC talked to Hasdar and heard about Book of the Unknowing
Global("TalkedToHasdar1","GLOBAL",2) --> Global("NTTalkedToHasdar","GLOBAL",4) !Dead("NTDRAAGI") //Hasdar made hostile leave and took the book with him to the Temple of the Black Hand BUT PC didn't kill Draagis yet
Global("MeetIndfigtToOffer","GLOBAL",1) --> Global("NTMeetIndfigtToOffer","GLOBAL",1) //Tanar'ri in AR82PB.are were met and offer for "Mage's Body" was accepted

CVNorthTales.d: all interjection points are OK
Global("HasdarReturnToTemple","GLOBAL",1) --> Global("NTTalkedToHasdar","GLOBAL",5) //check for interjection into NTDRAADI.dlg: Hasdar spawned in Temple of Black Hand
Global("TorkionNeedYou","Global",1) --> Global("NTTorkionNeedYou","Global",1) //Torkion ghost(s) told the PC about Vampiric Sword and Holy Water

CVSandrJ.d:
!Global("TalkedToReedigInBeard","GLOBAL",1) --> !Global("NTTalkedToReedig","GLOBAL",3) //PC did not get info about Temple of Black Hand from Reedrig in Ulgoth's Beard (i.e. Haeball does not turn hostile)
Global("TorkionNeedYou","Global",1) --> Global("NTTorkionNeedYou","Global",1) //Torkion ghost(s) told the PC about Vampiric Sword and Holy Water

NTPrieheldauro.d:
GlobalGT("TalkedToSatos","GLOBAL",0) --> GlobalGT("NTTalkedToSatos","GLOBAL",0) //check to make sure this doesn't fire before Satos' Greetings dialogue to the Citadel

tp2:

Fix for Humbab.bcs no longer needed. This can be removed:

COPY ~SandrahNPC/Mods/NTHUMBAB.BCS~ ~override/NTHUMBAB.BCS ~

Fix for entry / exit from AR9001.are no longer needed. This can be removed:

COPY_EXISTING ~bg2900.ARE~ ~override~
LPF fj_are_structure
INT_VAR
fj_type = 2 //travel
fj_box_left = 1985
fj_box_top = 3244
fj_box_right = 2034
fj_box_bottom = 3323
fj_cursor_idx = 28 //door
fj_vertex_0 = 1985 + (3296 << 16)
fj_vertex_1 = 2034 + (3323 << 16)
fj_vertex_2 = 2034 + (3272 << 16)
fj_vertex_3 = 1985 + (3244 << 16)
// fj_flags = 0 (PartyRequired)
fj_loc_x = 2009
fj_loc_y = 3284
STR_VAR
fj_structure_type = region
fj_name = Tran9001
fj_destination_area = AR9001
fj_destination_name = Exit9000
END

LPF fj_are_structure
INT_VAR
fj_loc_x = 1913
fj_loc_y = 3301
fj_orientation = 5
STR_VAR
fj_structure_type = entrance
fj_name = Exit9001
END

item names, area names - no changes. Also, NTKEELOR.cre is no longer patched with an Override script (NTotSC uses the Class script.)

Let me know if there is anything else I could help with compatibility.

#866 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 08:41 AM

Hello Roxanne! I released NTotSC v2.0 for testing and also had a look at Sandrah crossmod. I identified the following NTotSC ressources and how they would have to be changed to be compatible with NTotSC v2.0:
::::

item names, area names - no changes. Also, NTKEELOR.cre is no longer patched with an Override script (NTotSC uses the Class script.)

Let me know if there is anything else I could help with compatibility.

Thank you very much. Looks like you have done most of my homework. The list coincides largely with my own one for the first part of Sandrah ( I still have to check RtF and ToT, but I think they use Sandrah globals and references rather than NT's - just need to make sure)

Honestly, I missed those repairs for NT in my TP2 file, I must have forgotten to put them in the interim instead?

Additional to your list, I also need to check in tp2 that Keelor component is installed. The dwarf after rescue appears in Beregost to give Sandrah important hints about Ghotal.

- one question here : what does
FORBID_FILE ~override/JA#KEELO.CRE~

refer to? It says that Keelor cannot be installed if that mod is present, but what is that mod and what does it do with Keelor?

PS - It should be quite straight forward to update Sandrah for the new NTotSC version. My intention is to just add the new triggers to the baf and d-files as options, e.g.

IF

OR(2)

Global("MeandarNeedHelp","GLOBAL",2)

Global("NTMeandarNeedHelp","GLOBAL",2)

This way we will be independent on when there is an actual transition in EET from the interim to your version. In addition, any player can use the new version for test together with my mod.

EDIT

Introduced the changes, except this one:

The only references to that global I can find are in CVSandrJ.d

And...

Confirm that Global("HelpShaella","GLOBAL",1) for Book of Unknowing quest has not been changed?

Edited by Roxanne, 24 October 2017 - 11:36 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#867 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 12:03 PM

JA#KEELO.CRE is from Jarl's Adventure Pack, because JAP restores Keelor, too. But it's not compatible with EET and even if it would be made compatible for EET (which will only happen if White Agnus comes back again), the install order is NTotSC - JAP so players who want to play Sandrah Saga could always install Keelor from NTotSC first.

#868 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 12:26 PM

JA#KEELO.CRE is from Jarl's Adventure Pack, because JAP restores Keelor, too. But it's not compatible with EET and even if it would be made compatible for EET (which will only happen if White Agnus comes back again), the install order is NTotSC - JAP so players who want to play Sandrah Saga could always install Keelor from NTotSC first.

Thanks again. I was suspecting Jarl already but since I have EET only, I was not sure.

So,,,

It was quite straight forward to update Sandrah for the new NTotSC version. Currently I just add the new triggers and cases to the baf and d-files as options, e.g.

IF

OR(2)

Global("MeandarNeedHelp","GLOBAL",2)

Global("NTMeandarNeedHelp","GLOBAL",2)

This way we will be independent on when there is an actual transition in EET from the interim to your version. In addition, any player can use the new version for test together with my mod.

Introduced the changes from my research and from your list, except this one:

The only references to that global I can find are in CVSandrJ.d

And...

Confirm that Global("HelpShaella","GLOBAL",1) for Book of Unknowing quest has not been changed?

Edited by Roxanne, 24 October 2017 - 12:27 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#869 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 09:06 PM

Global("HelpShaella","GLOBAL",1) is a game variable in SHAELL:dlg. For EET and BG:EE, I did not change the way it is set to "1" and "2", i.e. it is set to "1" in state 9 after reply ~I'm not sure.~ and to "2" in state 16 (after Shaella congratulated the PC that he found the Book of the Unknowing in Candlekeep). Only thing NTotSC does is replacing the trigger of state 17 with ~Global("HelpShaella","GLOBAL",2)~ so she doesn't end up with "has nothing to say to you" after that's done. Also, the NumTimesTalkedTo(0) of state "0" is replaced with ~Global("HelpShaella","GLOBAL",0)~ for the same reason.

(For BGT, the same behavior is implemented, i.e. the ~SetGlobal("HelpShaella","GLOBAL",2)~ is introduced.)

Making the variables both work is a good idea. NTotSC will take some more testing until it can be called bug free (because that's how it always is. I just found a non-sensical entry in the shaell.d I will fix now.)

Edited by jastey, 24 October 2017 - 09:08 PM.

#870 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 09:26 PM

Global("HelpShaella","GLOBAL",1) is a game variable in SHAELL:dlg. For EET and BG:EE, I did not change the way it is set to "1" and "2", i.e. it is set to "1" in state 9 after reply ~I'm not sure.~ and to "2" in state 16 (after Shaella congratulated the PC that he found the Book of the Unknowing in Candlekeep). Only thing NTotSC does is replacing the trigger of state 17 with ~Global("HelpShaella","GLOBAL",2)~ so she doesn't end up with "has nothing to say to you" after that's done. Also, the NumTimesTalkedTo(0) of state "0" is replaced with ~Global("HelpShaella","GLOBAL",0)~ for the same reason.

(For BGT, the same behavior is implemented, i.e. the ~SetGlobal("HelpShaella","GLOBAL",2)~ is introduced.)

Making the variables both work is a good idea. NTotSC will take some more testing until it can be called bug free (because that's how it always is. I just found a non-sensical entry in the shaell.d I will fix now.)

Sounds good to me. It seems that for the moment the Sandrah mod is compatible for both NTotSC versions now available in EET.

On that basis any eventual bug should be easy to fix, if found.

The Sandrah Saga

#871 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 09:27 PM

Great! Thank you very much.

#872 Samba

Samba
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:50 AM

Thank you for the attention.

I'm attaching two save, first one is the current state of my game (with stutter), second one is the last saved game before the problem begun.

Finally (after SCS) I have restored my EET install and was able to test your stutter savegame.

I have no issue with it in my game, no stutter.

I have found however an issue with the AI script assigned to your Player1. The search traps function is constantly activated and deactivated. It seems to make him stutter but not Sandrah.

Maybe you can try to switch that AI script off and see it it helps?

Another issue may be that you carry every bag/device of holding in the game with you...

Other than those observations I cannot trace your problem.

Hello again and thanks for all the troubleshoot.

After persisting for a couple of hours the problem went away after no change in AI or items. All I did was play the game and complete the quests and it went away.

I've got a new issue that might have something to do with Sandrah mod or might not.

Spoiler

Has this issue been experienced by anyone in this forum? Thoughts will be welcome.

Thanks again for the attention!

Edited by Samba, 08 November 2017 - 07:58 AM.

#873 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:10 AM

I'm attaching two save, first one is the current state of my game (with stutter), second one is the last saved game before the problem begun.

Finally (after SCS) I have restored my EET install and was able to test your stutter savegame.

I have found however an issue with the AI script assigned to your Player1. The search traps function is constantly activated and deactivated. It seems to make him stutter but not Sandrah.

Another issue may be that you carry every bag/device of holding in the game with you...

After persisting for a couple of hours the problem went away after no change in AI or items. All I did was play the game and complete the quests and it went away.

I've got a new issue that might have something to do with Sandrah mod or might not.

Spoiler

Has this issue been experienced by anyone in this forum? Thoughts will be welcome.

Do you have Edwin in the party?

I think that your analysis is correct. The resetting of the global was once introduced to prevent an old bug in BGT that made ALL shadow thieves in the game go hostile with the SetGlobal("MaeVarExposed","GLOBAL",1) thus spoiling the rest of the stronghold quests.

However the problem that was once solved, seems to no longer exist in EET. You should be fine with any of your two solutions, I agree with your finding that the global is not used in any way anymore.

Edited by Roxanne, 08 November 2017 - 08:22 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#874 -Samba-

-Samba-

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:38 AM

Spoiler

I think that your analysis is correct. The resetting of the global was once introduced to prevent an old bug in BGT that made ALL shadow thieves in the game go hostile with the SetGlobal("MaeVarExposed","GLOBAL",1) thus spoiling the rest of the stronghold quests.

However the problem that was once solved, seems to no longer exist in EET. You should be fine with any of your two solutions, I agree with your finding that the global is not used in any way anymore.

Thanks for the reply.

Edwin is in my party yes and Sandrah doesn't like it one bit.  :lol2: But it's just temporary.

I'll go ahead with my workaround then.

#875 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:55 AM

Thanks for the reply.

Edwin is in my party yes and Sandrah doesn't like it one bit.  :lol2: But it's just temporary.

I'll go ahead with my workaround then.

Anyway, thanks for your research. I have done the same in my install and found that the scripts of the thieves have been enhanced in such a way in EE/EET that the old bugs are prevented. I will find the source of that *extra* pre-caution that is no longer needed, so that it can be removed.

The Sandrah Saga

#876 Lundar

Lundar
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:29 PM

Hello Roxanne,

will Sandrah be compatible with SoBH Mod ?

(as in BGT!)

I now have an (almost) working interim Version of Bonehill!

#877 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:27 PM

Hello Roxanne,

will Sandrah be compatible with SoBH Mod ?

(as in BGT!)

I now have an (almost) working interim Version of Bonehill!

In theory yes.

- Sandrah has the original BGT - SoBH content with the updates for EET.

- It will detect SoBH if installed prior Sandrah and install the respective additional content

- this has not been tested on EET due to unavailable SoBH but it has been tested many times on BGT, nothing has changed except for some area references

- I propose to just try it and in case you find a problem it should be fairly easy to solve that.

PS I am quite confident that it works, The procedure has been applied on many other mods that became available for EET over time and there were no problems, except when there was more changed than the references for e.g. chapters, areas, dialogues (like TDD had all globals appended with td_blabla, so that required some more adjustments - nothing I expect that you did on Bone Hill, right?)

Edited by Roxanne, 10 November 2017 - 02:31 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#878 Samba

Samba
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:34 AM

Hey Roxanne, could you help me figure out an issue with one of the mods quest?

Spoiler

Thanks in advance!

#879 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:45 AM

Spoiler

Thanks in advance!

Just a question - when you now talk to the harbormaster, is that in the building where you first met him or are you at the docks south of the very expensive restaurant and south of Elminster's house?

The talk you get should only trigger in the harbormaster building, the other talk triggers when you meet him in the right place,

Anyway, thank you for that report. I think to improve the mod, it may be best to deactivate the guy in the building while the vampire quest is ongoing.

The Sandrah Saga

#880 Samba

Samba
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:56 AM

Spoiler

Thanks in advance!

Just a question - when you now talk to the harbormaster, is that in the building where you first met him or are you at the docks south of the very expensive restaurant and south of Elminster's house?

The talk you get should only trigger in the harbormaster building, the other talk triggers when you meet him in the right place,

Anyway, thank you for that report. I think to improve the mod, it may be best to deactivate the guy in the building while the vampire quest is ongoing.

Yep, that was the problem, I went directly to the Harbor Master Building in the first map (CVROA8).

Talking to him outside the fancy restaurant did the trick. Thank you very much!