Current state of the mod

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
64 replies to this topic

#1 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 19 December 2003 - 05:20 AM

This thread will be useful for monitoring the mod progression.
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#2 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 19 December 2003 - 06:45 AM

So, lets see some reports on progress:

- Revised HLA System (spells, items, creatures, effects, descriptions and tables): 98% done
- Sword Angel kit: 99% done
- New/altered abilities for (Tougher) Balthazar: 100% done - WITHOUT testing!
- Shapeshifting fixes: 100% done
- Revised Elemental Princes: 100% done
- WeiDU coding: 90% done
- Universal robes: 100% done
- SwashImoen: 100% done
- New visuals (icons, 3D effects): 90% done
Posted Image

#3 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 01:28 AM

"Garbage" posts removed.

Bard and Thief tables completed and inputted.
(a lot of stuff from aVENGER here!)
Well, maybe Assassins and Bounty Hunters could use an additional HLA each (they have been restricted from Use Scrolls).

Ever forward, my darling wind...

#4 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 08:53 AM

I think a "Poison Trap" HLA for BHs would be fitting, while Assassins should get an improved version of Alchemy where they could create different types of potions (all dealing with poison effects and some antidotes).
Posted Image

#5 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 04:58 AM

Some progress updates on the mod. See above!
Posted Image

#6 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 12:58 AM

In practice we currently miss a few icons, and work on the visuals.
We are inputting some animations extracted from IWD2, and I must say that the looks of the mod, icons and all, are becoming quite impressive.

Visuals seem to take more time than expected though, and now that I am more experienced in the use of VVCs I should revise even the past work.

We'll see. Unfortunately my modding time is starting to decrease for real, as I easily prophetized some days ago.

#7 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 01:03 AM

We'll see. Unfortunately my modding time is starting to decrease for real, as I easily prophetized some days ago.

Hmm, where did I put my whip...? ^_^ ;) :lol:
Just joking pal B)
Posted Image

#8 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 09:27 AM

In practice we currently miss a few icons, and work on the visuals.
We are inputting some animations extracted from IWD2, and I must say that the looks of the mod, icons and all, are becoming quite impressive

After working a few hours on the new icons, the main problem seems to be solved. The last thing that remains is to organize the abilities in the HLA tables, and add a few extra 3D animations, just as Littiz said.
Posted Image

#9 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 12:01 PM

Visuals will take some time, lots of parameters to set and combinations to try.
But they're worth it.
Seems like I will have to take a sorcerer, next time...

#10 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 12:04 PM

Seems like I will have to take a sorcerer, next time...

Yep, and maybe a druid. Nice changes, right? ;)
Posted Image

#11 Galactygon

Galactygon

Modding since 2002

• 938 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 12:49 PM

I'll also supply some non-IWD2 animations. Just list all HLA's that need an animation.
Posted Image

#12 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 01:55 PM

Thanks again Galc, I'll try to collect the HLAs that lack the proper animations. We'll discuss this in PM ;) .
Posted Image

#13 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 12:20 PM

Some updates to the progress table. We are near releasing the beta, only part of the visuals (new 3D effects, new spellbook/table/SpecialEffect icons) is undone at the moment.
Posted Image

#14 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 02:58 PM

Indeed, it seems we have found how to add portrait/char_screen icons, and TGM has already done the ones we needed (well actually I won't input them until you make even one for Merciful Fighting :P ).

Assuming we really manage to put them in the mod, this means 2 things:

1-The *remaining* work on visuals is reduced. Actually most were just attempts to find something "explanatory" for lasting effects.
Ex: True Kai. With a portrait icon that states "True Kai", we don't need some continuous effect anymore, and *trust* me, there aren't many continuous effects that may fit with our new stuff (continuous visuals are mainly usable for purely magical effects)

2-The mod will look even more "official" than it already does B)
Ok, some icons will need toning, but some tables (ex: druids) have absolutely wonderful icons, and the inputted IWD2 visuals are a blast.

#15 -Galactygon-

-Galactygon-

Posted 25 February 2004 - 03:03 PM

You should wait until you see the PS: T visuals!

PST animations > IWD2 animations

No Joke.

Anyways, TGM was begging for some of the animations I have over the PM's. He seemed to want everything, and I told him to pick the HLA's than *need* the animations. Seriously guys, compile a list of animations you need, as I won't even bother to send anything unless you supply an organized list. :P

#16 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 03:12 PM

A good option would be to send you the BETA, when it's ready.
I'd like to have an "acceptable" version on its own, then we could work on additional improvements :)
(and still many thanx @Gal!)

#17 Galactygon

Galactygon

Modding since 2002

• 938 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 03:16 PM

do *not* send me the beta please. Chances are that it will ruin my already-heavily-modded-SOA.

I can send you the WAV, VVC, and BAM files, though. Unless you don't want ground breaking animations....
Posted Image

#18 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 04:17 AM

You should wait until you see the PS: T visuals!

PST animations > IWD2 animations

No Joke.

It is a joke. Many of PS:T's animations would be fitting in a game like Dragonball Z, but not in BG2. Don't buy everything that shines and has many flashing colors ;) . For example some of your posted images (namely the different "cure" type effects) are absolutely unfitting IMO. They look nice, but are terribly foreign.
Many of them look impressive though, I admit.

Anyways, TGM was begging for some of the animations I have over the PM's. He seemed to want everything, and I told him to pick the HLA's than *need* the animations. Seriously guys, compile a list of animations you need, as I won't even bother to send anything unless you supply an organized list.

Yep, I did ASK for some of them, but definetly not all. By the way, when I say "the ones that are on the sample pictures", I tell everything. But again, I CAN describe every single pic you posted over at TeamBG to help you out in this logical conflict :lol: ..
Anyway, I was asking for some animations that are still under construction (P.Sphere for example). Its not that easy to decide what HLAs need YOUR animations, since I've never even seen most of them. I hope you see the problem, but anyway, we are going to make that list for next week. ;)
Posted Image

#19 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 01:18 AM

Chances are that it will ruin my already-heavily-modded-SOA.

Hey, it's not a virus, it's a WeiDU mod ;)
Just uninstall it if it "ruins" something :P

Do you have a BAM that may fit as a "sound wave", by chance? :)

#20 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 27 February 2004 - 12:01 PM

Don't buy everything that shines and has many flashing colors ;) . For example some of your posted images (namely the different "cure" type effects) are absolutely unfitting IMO. They look nice, but are terribly foreign.
Many of them look impressive though, I admit.

Some of the images do *need* color changes, etc. And I agree that many of them need to be changed. The good news is that a 3D guy hath joined the team, and he makes wonders in no time. For example, he made a rotating, glowing, crystal sphere in 1 day.

However, some of the animations (namely the cure wounds spells) should be kept, IMHO.

Anyway, I was asking for some animations that are still under construction (P.Sphere for example). Its not that easy to decide what HLAs need YOUR animations, since I've never even seen most of them.

If I don't have an animation, we can talk it out. That's why I need to know what you want. Imagine I have everything though, for now ;)

As for Prismatic sphere animation, I'll try to have it done in 1 week or so. No promises.

Since I am making Prismatic Sphere as a 9th level spell (not a HLA), I'll try to get Prismatic Globe for you, which is the same as the Sphere, except I get the invis. creature to follow the caster.

The only thing I *can't* do however is making the Sphere follow through areas. :(

@Littiz, no I don't really have sound ripple animation. Though if I let the artist know, he might be able to make one, but after he gets some animations done (namely the gothic archway for the Shadow Door spell)

Anyways, I await your compiled list.