Photo

[Inventory Bam] How to improve my axe?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Creepin

Creepin
  • Coordinator
  • 914 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:10 AM

Hello all, hope people still visit this part of the forums :)

I have attempted to recreate this axe inventory image as an inventory image of the BG standard.
EzapCBZ.png

To do so, I took Battle Axe +2 to serve as both most fitting donor and the reference to said BG standard.
wHPr1ge.png

I changed this and that: made blade broader, back spike stumpier, top spike shorter, shaft of wood, hilt of metal -

a9FSHuW.png

Formally, the result conveys original axe within BG environment to the letter. However, at the same time it looks rather bland, boring and not so much BGish. What have I missed, what could be improved while keeping true all the characteristics of the original axe?

Edited by Creepin, 13 April 2017 - 02:11 AM.

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6440 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 06:33 AM

I would say add a bit more contrast so the light parts are lighter. Note how the original has the blade edge rather whitish as if light were glinting off it. Conversely, the dark bits can be a bit darker, but don't go so dark that it blends into the (usually dark brown) background.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"My definition of an intellectual is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture without thinking of the Lone Ranger." -Billy Connolly

#3 Creepin

Creepin
  • Coordinator
  • 914 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:44 AM

Glad to see you Miloch and thanks for the advise :) That one up there is an outdated pic by now, but when working on improving it in the passed time I found myself doing so somewhat along the same lines as your ideas, so I'm glad to know I chose the right path :)

Edited by Creepin, 12 May 2017 - 10:48 AM.

Reply to this topic