• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:58 PM

I've decided to spend my time and prepare updates of all IEP mods. These packages should work on every version: BG2, BG2EE, EET. Once I am sure they all works fine, I will ask Kaeloree to upload these versions so they could replace present versions. As Kaeloree is a busy person, I would like to be sure none of these have to be fixed like... 1-2 days after the new release, so I decided leave them here for a moment. Once I do some more testing and decide that they look fine, the updated versions will be moved to SHS downloader.

So feel free to check them out. They include French translations provided by Isaya and dynamic UTF-8 conversion for EE/EET.

Attached Files

Edited by Lava Del'Vortel, 14 April 2018 - 03:30 AM.

#2 Giuseppe

Giuseppe
  • 115 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:15 PM

What a great idea! Thank you very much, Lava, for your work!

I do not know if you plan to fix bugs or add new translations as well - if that is the case, I noticed that:

1- For the Viconia Friendship mod, there is a russian translation that could be added: http://www.shsforums...0-translations/

2- In the Imoen Friendship mod, there is this bug

3- In the Yoshimo Friendship mod, there is this bug

4- For the Imoen Friendship mod, there is a Spanish translation that could be added: http://academia.clan...iendship_v2.rar

Again, thank you very much for your work and modding activity!

#3 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:30 PM

Gioseppe, I can't download the Spanish translation. The link does not send me to the file and I can't understand anything and I don't know Spanish... I may include those translations and maybe the fixes, but... well... I would need help with that link.

EDIT:

Okay, google helped me to get the package :)

Edited by Lava Del'Vortel, 17 August 2017 - 02:33 PM.

#4 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:36 AM

Okay, everything Giuseppe mentioned was implemented and uploaded. Check the first post. Still waiting a moment to make sure the files are safe for all platforms and meanwhile working on something more.

#5 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:10 AM

Wow, you've been busy! Thank you very much.
There exists a German translation for the Mazzy Friendship. It would need one last proof reading. If provided, I assume you would put it into the package?

Edited by jastey, 18 August 2017 - 11:38 AM.

#6 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:49 AM

And I found what I think is a wrong transition. in mazzyj.d, this

IF ~~ m1.5
  SAY @17
  ++ @18 + m1.8
  ++ @19 + m1.9
  ++ @20 + m1.10
  ++ @21 + m1.11
END

should be

IF ~~ m1.5
  SAY @17
  ++ @18 + m1.8
  ++ @19 + m1.9
  ++ @20 + m1.10
  ++ @21 + m1.9
END
Just as it in the state m1.6.

#7 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:53 AM

Will check it later and... wait... Mazzy Romance? Or do you mean Mazzy Friendship?

#8 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:38 AM

Gnagh. I meant Mazzy Friendship, of course. Edited the above post.

Edited by jastey, 18 August 2017 - 11:38 AM.

#9 Giuseppe

Giuseppe
  • 115 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:40 AM

LAVA, YOU ROCK!!! I am sure players will definitely appreciate this massive update!

Should I find something else, I will let you know. In the meantime, thanks again!

#10 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:53 AM

No problem. Handling those mods isn't that difficult. Also I am the Polish translator of Yoshimo Friendship and Imoen Friendship + a coder of Sarevok Friendship so at least I know something about those mods, heh.

Jastey - you were right. Checked this block and fixed it locally. Are you going to check that German translation any soon? :) I'm not sure if I should update the mod now or wait a moment.

#11 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:09 PM

I am on the proofreading right now. :) EDIT: I won't finish it tonight, though. But I'll try to finish a soon as possible over the week end.

Found a typo:

@402  = ~I will not apologise for wanting to devote myself to my God, . You obviously do not understand.~

A comma and space too much (or a <CHARNAME> missing?)

Edited by jastey, 18 August 2017 - 01:21 PM.

#12 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:45 PM

I may need info on what mod is that. Is it also Mazzy? I am going to bed soon, so I will probably deal with it tomorrow :)

#13 Giuseppe

Giuseppe
  • 115 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:14 PM

Just wondering if the infamous "Viconia stuttering" bug in TOB has been fixed - jastey reported it time ago here (Viconia Friendship mod).

Another nasty stuttering bug in IEP Banter Pack is reported here.

Edited by Giuseppe, 18 August 2017 - 02:16 PM.

#14 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:41 PM

I was still with mazzy, yes - sorry, mazzyj.d it still was.

Here is the German tra files for mazzy: http://kerzenburg.ba...yFriendship.zip

There is no German readme, so please add in the tp2 (will call the English readme if there is no language one):

// Readme
README ~mazzy/translations/%LANGUAGE%/mazzyfriendship.html~ ~mazzy/translations/english/mazzyfriendship.html~

And for the langauge version:

LANGUAGE ~German (Deutsche Uebersetzung vom Kerzenburgforum)~
         ~german~
         ~mazzy/translations/german/setup.tra~

Thank you very much!

#15 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 12:29 AM

Thanks! will try to take care of it today. I hope you don't mind if I move info on the source of the translation to readme, to keep the pattern :)

Giuseppe - one was in the mod, the other one I already included locally.

#16 Giuseppe

Giuseppe
  • 115 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:04 AM

Great! You are making history, my friend :)

#17 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:49 AM

Nah, I wouldn't got that far.

Okay, so now all things are in the packages. Added German translation for Mazzy, fixed missing token, fixed wrong reply link mentioned by Jastey. For IEP Banters, I fixed the aboleth banter (wrong variable in the talk).

Both packages are now there, in the first post.

Information on specific translations was moved to readme, to make process of the installation more friendly for new users. But it's there, no worries :)

Cheers! And let's hope that's all as I also need to focus on some other stuff.

Also thank you for spotting all those stuff, Giuseppe and Jastey!

Edited by Lava Del'Vortel, 19 August 2017 - 02:50 AM.

#18 merzbau

merzbau
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 07:47 AM

Hi Lava, thanks for your work.

And I notice that the Minsc/Anomen banter fix which already included in BWP fixpack has not been added in the newest IEP Banters.

You can find the fix there:

http://www.shsforums...e-4#entry580507

Cheers.

Edited by merzbau, 26 August 2017 - 07:50 AM.

#19 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 12:35 AM

Updated. Thanks. Let's hope that was the last thing to fix...

#20 Isaya

Isaya
  • Modder
  • 294 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 12:54 AM

Thank you for making those mods up to date and working to bring the latest version on the download pages.

I compared them to my previous archives and found a potential problem in IEP. I also have a suggestion regarding displaying the readmes.

IEP
  • Dialogs are compiled with USING to tell the tra file to use, with an English fallback if a text is missing in a translation. However the path to English tra file is wrong: "translations/" is missing in the path given. This needs to be fixed for all COMPILE statements for dialogs. As all translations are complete for dialogs, this won't cause trouble though.
  • German and Russian are missing strings @14 and @15: you should copy the English texts there since the mod is not stating to fallback to English setup.tra in the LANGUAGE statements (or you can add the fallback in LANGUAGE statements)
  • german\banters.tra contains unknown keyword <PRO_HISER> in @473 (spotted by TraChecker)
  • The english readme in the main directory is never used and is a duplicate of the one in the English directory. If you want to have a readme in the main directory so that people can find it more easily than in a translation directory, you could remove the one in English directory by using the following from:
    README ~iepbanters/translations/%LANGUAGE%/iepbanters_readme.html~ ~iepbanters/iepbanters_readme.html~
Imoen Friendship
  • The ability to display a translated readme, if present, is not used. You could use this form to allow displaying the French readme when French is chosen:
    README ~imoenfriendship/translations/%LANGUAGE%/imoenfriendship.html~ ~imoenfriendship/imoenfriendship.html~
  • All languages other than English are missing @1 in setup.tra. You should copy the English texts there. And here is the French translation:
    @1    = ~Imoen Friendship est compatible uniquement avec les installations BG II - ToB, BGT et BG2EE.~
Mazzy Friendship
  • You could allow for showing a translated readme (Jastey suggested that already) while avoiding duplication of the English readme (both in the mod directory and english directory) by using this form:
    README ~mazzy/translations/%LANGUAGE%/mazzyfriendship.html~ ~mazzy/mazzyfriendship.html~
Sarevork Friendship
  • Same suggestion as for Mazzy.
Viconia Friendship
  • Same suggestion as for Mazzy.
  • Could you recover the french\setup.tra file from my archive, please? For some reason, the WeiDU prompts handling the EE game language choice are missing in version 4.1. Thank you.
  • All languages other than English are missing @5 in setup.tra. You should copy the English texts there. And here is the French translation:
    @5    = ~Viconia Friendship est compatible uniquement avec les installations BG II - ToB, BGT et BG2EE.~
Yoshimo Friendship
  • Same suggestion as for Imoen readme.
  • In English YoshJ.tra, text @249 includes an unknown keyword <Hero/Heroine> (spotted by TraChecker)
  • In Polish YoshJ.tra, a line feed is missing before text @173. However I'm not sure this a problem for WeiDU
  • Thank you.

Edited by Isaya, 27 August 2017 - 01:14 AM.