Photo

Bug Reports for V. 1.2

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#121 Lonely Eva

Lonely Eva
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 11:24 AM

Well the metal lump can be written as a lvl 1 spell in a mage spell book and it can be cast if put in a quick item. So the "metal lump"'s description is "vampiric weakness" and as far as i can tell it does nothing, takes forever to cast.

Edited by Lonely Eva, 21 August 2004 - 11:24 AM.

#122 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 12:30 PM

curious. if it's yr only problem, you can probably get away with not worrying about it. however, you've installed both patches, which isnt necessary: if you install TOB, you dont need the SOA patch. installing then uninstalling valen to use the portrait wont cause a problem; as such i'd be looking to the patch installed between SOA and TOB as the source of any install problems.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#123 Lonely Eva

Lonely Eva
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 07:01 PM

ok thanks, i'll try to re-install them later tonight. see if it works that way.

#124 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 12:11 PM

I have just had the Chloe/Nalia banter about giving coins to the poor and Chloe refers to Imoen as your Sister, whereas you have not yet discovered this. I don't know if this qualifies as a "bug", or if it is even a mistake (maybe deliberate?), but I just thought I'd let you all know.

That's not a bug. Chloe is not referring to Imoen as the PC's sister because of the Bhaal connection, which doesn't really count for much in my opinion. (The only other Bhaalspawn that is referred to as the PC's sibling is Sarevok, despite the hundreds of Bhaalspawn running around.) Chloe is referring to Imoen as the PC's sister because they were both wards of Gorion and were raised in Candlekeep as siblings. Chloe is not the only character to refer to Imoen as a "sister" or a "sister of sorts" before the Bhaal connection is discovered.

Save a vampire. Give blood.

#125 -Corbeau-

-Corbeau-

Posted 28 August 2004 - 12:09 PM

Chloe can't use own weapons! She used them normally at the beggining, but then, suddenly, she droped them to inventory and they became red/unusable. I tied to reinstall game and mod but this doesn't helped. :(

#126 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 12:04 AM

Chloe can't use own weapons! She used them normally at the beggining, but then, suddenly, she droped them to inventory and they became red/unusable. I tied to reinstall game and mod but this doesn't helped. :(

Did her stats change? Like... was her dex lowered, for example? There's a stat requirement that was built in to keep the weapons from being usable by others... then later a damaging effect was added so that anyone but Chloe would get zapped... and I think that one of the testers still found a way to outsmart that and have another character use the weapons so the script that takes the weapons off anyone else and respawns them on Chloe was put in. But the stat requirements are still on them, so if some stat of hers was lowered, they'd be unusable.

At least, that's what I think. I could be wrong. To be honest, I don't know half of what Sheredane did. ;)

#127 -Corbeau-

-Corbeau-

Posted 29 August 2004 - 01:17 AM

Her stats are normal, nothing was lowered. Probably some bug with her kit. I changed Chloe's class to the normal Kensai and everything became normal again, she can use her on weapons again. I hope that were will be no bugs for being simple kensai, not the yrkensai?

#128 Hedges

Hedges
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 10:22 AM

I'm on 1.1 but i didn't want to start a whole thread .... and it could be i'm just being stupid.

I have a problem were chloe leaves the party in the middle of the tanner house. She complains: "Enough, you haven't paid any heeds to my words; I'll rescue that boy even if i have to do it alone. Farewell ...." and she disappears. I played this romance a while ago and i don't recall her leaving the scene. There are no notes in my journal or the ground indicating the whereabouts of the boy.

Here is what i've done:
* Romancing PC - Inquisitor
* Got Imoen ASAP so the Tanner Quest was not completed.
* Came out of the Underdark and immediately left for Windspear to take out big red.
* Came back to the slums were the cutscene took place.
* Immediately left for the tanner house were she complains when i reach the lower level.

Q: is this a bug or am i supposed to find her somewhere and i don't remember this?? There was next to no delay between the cutscene in the slums and my arrival at the tanners house.

Installation:
Full > Official Patch > Baldurdash > Kelsey > Chloe > Tashia > Tactics

Almost all of Tactics was installed. Also I notice that some of Chloe gets reinstalled after every change to Tactics.

If it is bugged is there a variable or timer i can set to stop her from leaving.

#129 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 03:50 PM

Um... update to 1.2. 1.2 fixed a lot of bugs. And it's been out for like... a year...

#130 Hedges

Hedges
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 04:01 PM

After I got the "bug", and i am assuming it is one, i downloaded the 1.2 Patch. the problem is force talking to her, to tell her she looks "Strange", also ends up in the same "leave party" dialogue and action.

Is there a variable/timer i can set to prevent this?? I'm really enjoying this particular game and hate to abort it.

#131 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 07:49 PM

Hmm check the value of your "YouMustBeStupidManCR". It should be set to 2 before you walk into the Tanner house. As the people are being generated it's set to 3. ond that, I'm really not sure what else to do. There's like a whole script sequence that goes off that you couldn't really duplicate on the panel.

#132 Hedges

Hedges
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 03:25 AM

at first i was going to tell you how mean you were because "YouMustBeStupidManCR" couldn't be a real variable. But i opened up SK and viola. :D

Looks like i'm F'd. The only save i have now is inside the tanner house. I set the variable to 2 but as you thought nothing. Sucks, at least i have the saved game so i can remove her inventory. I hate to play without her because she was a key to my all woman party (PC, Chloe, Jah, Imoen, Tashia). Maybe i'll replace her with Mazzy (which is cool since she reminds me of Ms. DiFranco).

Any idea what might have caused her to think I wasn't trying to help out for future reference?? I did go to Windspear after leaving the UnderDark, before returning to the city (when the quest was spawned).

BTW/ This one bogus game won't taint my view of this excellent mod. Thanks for your help Lucy.

#133 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 07:41 PM

I have to assume that either that variable wasn't set correctly for some reason (it should have been after the encouter with the two slavers) or for some reason when you entered the Tanner house, the script that detects the area didn't kick in. I couldn't even guess what would prevent either of those two occurances though.

What you can try first is walking outside the Tanner house, setting the "ChloeRomanceActiveCR" back to 1, set the "YouMustBeStupidManCR" variable back to 2 and if the "ChloeIsAngryCR" is set to 1, then set it to 0 abd reenter the Tanner house. It should work.

If it doesn't, then there probably isn't anything more you can do.

#134 minnamaarit

minnamaarit

In recon mission...shush!!

• 429 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 11:57 PM

I'd also check auto-save, as it has saved me from many annoying situations! :lol: I think you should have it before entering Tanners'...
*Frak Ferrari. Frak Porsche. Give me Nimbus 2000. Or a levitate spell.*

Posted Image
Mwhahaha!! I has Boo! And since I has Boo, I has Minsc too! Beware, evil buttocks! >:D

#135 Hedges

Hedges
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 02:21 AM

What you can try first is walking outside the Tanner house, setting the "ChloeRomanceActiveCR" back to 1, set the "YouMustBeStupidManCR" variable back to 2 and if the "ChloeIsAngryCR" is set to 1, then set it to 0 abd reenter the Tanner house. It should work.

thanks lucy, I actually bailed on the tanner quest and i'm running around doing some other quests. As long as i don't talk to her, right now anyway, i'm fine. I doubt this will last though because i'm sure she will bail on me before the tree of life.

I'll try your recommendations.

thanks again and i'll let you know if it works.

#136 Hedges

Hedges
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 02:24 AM

I'd also check auto-save, as it has saved me from many annoying situations! :lol: I think you should have it before entering Tanners'...

As it has me. Trust me i'm on like game number 50 now so i know the value of auto-save. Problem is that I left the tanner house thinking it was part of the quest thus overwriting the auto-save. thanks.

#137 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 06:16 PM

A global set to 0 is basically turning it off. If it didn't exist, it's the same thing. I had just thought that perhaps it was activated by "refusal to go save the boy" that she thought happened for some reason.

I'm not really sure what happened... oh well.

#138 Kabuki

Kabuki
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 07:27 AM

Dialog "bug" :P

In the first dialogue outside of the dungeon - Her "You seem different from the rest of the people etc..." If you answer Child of Bhaal - then yes, she goes: "That does expalain it, how does it feel?" One of the alternatives is: "Like, I missed all those father-son moments..." And... ho, humm... I'm female. So it should read father-daughter.

I have my suspicion that this would have been fixed if it could have been... Still figured it should be mentioned.

#139 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 09:38 PM

Dialog "bug" :P

In the first dialogue outside of the dungeon - Her "You seem different from the rest of the people etc..." If you answer Child of Bhaal - then yes, she goes: "That does expalain it, how does it feel?" One of the alternatives is: "Like, I missed all those father-son moments..." And... ho, humm... I'm female. So it should read father-daughter.

I have my suspicion that this would have been fixed if it could have been... Still figured it should be mentioned.

That "bug" where father-son moments and another where you can reply "I wish I were just a blacksmith's son or something" were fixed using the only method available to me. Masculine and feminine forms of lines are in the dialogu files as like "I missed all those father-son moments" "I missed all those father-daughter moments." But for some reason some people aren't seeing the correct lines. I don't know why and I don't think there's any other way to fix it. You DO have version 1.2, right? Just checking. ;) You'd be surprised how many people are still using version 1.1 even though 1.2 has been released for like... a year now... geez... a year. :blink:

#140 Kabuki

Kabuki
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 02:18 AM

Yupp, using version 1.2 (I only downloaded it two days ago...). Just to make sure I did a quick double check of the version and as the readme included the ver 1.2 updates in the version history... and the debug file also confirms the version as 1.2.

Hopefully once you are finished having a great time in Central Europe you'll have the time to update it :P Btw. If you really, really want a new translation for the 1.3 version of Chloe... I'm sure I could do a Norwegian version for you... :rolleyes: Not that I can see the real demand for it...