• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#81 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 05:37 PM

hey lucy! i edited the file: do i have to reinstall the mod?

Yes

Save a vampire. Give blood.

#82 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 24 May 2004 - 04:21 AM

Uh. Hi.
I just found out about this mod, thought it looked cool, went and downloaded the full 1.2 version. And there just... isn't an install option.
I may be just an idiot. This question has likely been answered before. But, I mean, it is quite weird. The download is 6.14 mb (I've downloaded it using Download Accelerator and normally, from all three possible sites, btw) and yet the unzipped version is only around 400 kb. There's some files in there that look like dialogue and some other stuff, two copies of a DOS-ish file called 'DecCR' that doesn't seem to do anything, and... that's about all. So the (small) Chloe folder is just sitting in my BGII-SoA folder.
I have the latest-patch SoA, no ToB and no other mods. I should probably get this Baldurdash thing, but that seems kinda irrelevant considering the fix I'm in right now.
Sorry in advance if this is a stupid question. Anyway, that's my personal bug.

- CorranSec

#83 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 24 May 2004 - 04:28 AM

Oh. Right. Tip: Read ALL of the rest of the forum. Corran is a fool who should use WinRar.
On another note, should I also get this Baldurdash thing?

- Corran

#84 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 06:39 AM

Oh. Right. Tip: Read ALL of the rest of the forum. Corran is a fool who should use WinRar.
On another note, should I also get this Baldurdash thing?

- Corran

It is not necessary, but it is highly recommended to install baldurdash after the official patch and before any mods. It fixes a lot of the bugs that the Bioware team never had time to get to, including the infamous "NPC appears busy when trying to initiate dialogue" bug.

#85 Michel

Michel

Damn. I'm good!

• 1003 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 07:47 AM

"NPC appears busy when trying to initiate dialogue" bug.

This one is fixed by the latest official Bioware patch, not by Baldurdash.

#86 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 04:29 PM

Whatever. It still fixes a lot of bugs.

#87 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 30 May 2004 - 04:30 PM

A problem I have is between Valygar and Chloe and Suna Seni. When Chloe and Valygar discuss magic and harm and such, and they afterwards (after the Planar Sphere quest) meet Suna Seni (I believe she is in the game because of another mod I installed, Unfinished Business?) and I start talking to Suna Seni, she says something, but then it goes over to the last part of the conversation between Chloe and Valygar. I've tried installing the patch and I've tried her instant-repair conversation, but nothing seems to work. Any help?

#88 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 30 May 2004 - 06:58 PM

What mod adds Suni Seni? :blink: I can only guess that for some reason, both that mod and Chloe are writing to the same dialogue state... or it's resetting a local value with the conversation... I have no idea. I can't even guess whether this is a bug in Chloe or that other mod.

#89 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 30 May 2004 - 07:44 PM

What mod adds Suni Seni? :blink: I can only guess that for some reason, both that mod and Chloe are writing to the same dialogue state... or it's resetting a local value with the conversation... I have no idea. I can't even guess whether this is a bug in Chloe or that other mod.

What mod adds Suni Seni?  :blink:  I can only guess that for some reason, both that mod and Chloe are writing to the same dialogue state... or it's resetting a local value with the conversation... I have no idea. I can't even guess whether this is a bug in Chloe or that other mod.

That would be Unfinished Business, well sorta.

Suni Seni is actually in the core game, and I think handfuls of her dialog still exist in the TLK, but for the most part she was added in Unfinished Business.

That said, the dialog quirk is weird, and does sound like they probably expanded off the same 'banter', but couldn't really say.

#90 Briannandoah

Briannandoah

Back to business

• 231 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 11:04 PM

I guess this is a bug of sorts. Every time I need to change the CD and the game states that I don't have it and asks for the right one, below the box where this is said appears a text: "We are all happy for you, Sir Anomen, but why do you keep looking at <CHARNAME> like that etc." I first thought nothing of it, but because it seems I am having other sorts of problems too (check the thread Romance working), and since it keeps reappearing, I figured out it really is a bug. Could this be one of the reasons I am having other problems as well, I don't know.
Member of Sol Ek Sa.

I WILL get a life, I promise! ...Someday :P

Posted Image

#91 Jolinar

Jolinar
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 01:00 AM

Things like those (text appearing in weird places, dialogue out of order etc.) is usually the sign of an installation gone wrong. All text and dialogue in BGII ist stored in a file called dialogue.tlk and the game accesses this file through string references. I won't go further into the details, but to put it simple, if a string reference points to a wrong text, it appears somewhere it doesn't belong.
Did you by chance had BGII (or any other program that accesses the dialogue.tlk, i.e. Shadowkeeper) running while you installed Chloe ? That often causes the dtring references to be set incorrectly....

#92 Briannandoah

Briannandoah

Back to business

• 231 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 03:52 AM

Well the installation was a bit complicated. As I have MacOS 9.1 at home, I couldn't install the mod straight to my own computer. I opened (or in fact my husband did, he is the person who understands these things better than I do) the .rar file in a PC at where my husband works, then installed it to a MacOSX computer from the PC, and then copied all the files to a CD and moved them to our home Mac with OS 9.1. There wasn't any programs running on the PC nor the Mac, and we don't have Shadowkeeper (is there one for Mac, I don't know?). :huh:

Though there could be the possibility that some important file has corrupted during the copying to CD, because there was some problem with it.

So I guess we will have to try the installation again, then. Will it help the game I am having or will I have to start a new game?
Member of Sol Ek Sa.

Posted Image

#93 Briannandoah

Briannandoah

Back to business

• 231 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 11:32 AM

Chloe re-installed, and it didn't help. Now there is a text "so Edwin, or Edwina" in the same place. Shame, I have really enjoyed this mod until now :( . Could it be the other mods that are interfering? This time Chloe was saying strange things when ever I clicked on her, and I got it fixed with the "you look strange" dialog.

Now even Anomen seems to be in wrong timeline, he is already a knight and we have rescued Garren's child, but Anomen reminded me that we hadn't done it yet.

I'm beginning to suspect there is some evil in our computer :wacko: , because I have had so many things to go wrong with BGII. Or then again we have bought a corrupted version of this game (has happened before with another computer game, where the culprint was corrupted CD, had to get new to be able to play that one). I mean, I can play all the battles and such, but not the romances and other relationships in the game :( (the things that I like the most).

Now I don't know nothing else I could do but to remove all the mods and play the game without them. And it is awfully boring with a female character with only Anomen to have a romance with.

Should I still try to start the game over from the beginning, if the re-installing didn't fix the already existing game? Still hopefull, I guess... :unsure:
Member of Sol Ek Sa.

Posted Image

#94 Jolinar

Jolinar
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 01:07 PM

Sadly, the only advice I can give ist to do a complete re-installation of the game, followed by the latest official patch, baldurdash fixpack and then the mods you want to play...

#95 Briannandoah

Briannandoah

Back to business

• 231 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 01:40 AM

I'll have to ask this, does everyone have BGII istalled as full installation? I know it is a must if you have ToB, but if you don't? I mean, if there is a full installation, then nobody maybe has seen this text in wrong place, because with the full installation you don't need to change the CDs, and you don't get the "there is no CD on disc, please place CD #" and below that is an empty space, where this text appears (normally there is no text at all). So am I the first to notice this and if I am, it might be real bug, nothing to do with the installation I have?

Or maybe this mod does need the full install, but nobody has noticed it before, 'cause they have had the full installation anyway?

Just a thought, only to help myself to understand what I can do to make this mod work properly on our computer (that if I will have to do a full install). Because I really like it, and would like to finish the game with it.
Member of Sol Ek Sa.

Posted Image

#96 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 05:57 AM

as i understand it brianna, ALL mods require a full install to work properly. if you *havent* got the full install, then that would pretty readily explain the continual problems yr having.

[EDIT] should probably have picked up the fact you havent got a full install when you said earlier

Every time I need to change the CD

<_< .

Edited by seanas, 23 June 2004 - 05:59 AM.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#97 Briannandoah

Briannandoah

Back to business

• 231 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 12:19 PM

Oh, I just hope it will be that easy :) . Fortunetely we did get some extra memory for our computer couple of months ago, so now it is possible to do the full install.

How does the full install differ from the normal or minumum install? I have thought that all the important information to run the game is already in the normal install, and the full install just puts all the areas etc. on the hard drive. Forgive me my stupid questions, I am just learning these things :rolleyes: .
Member of Sol Ek Sa.

Posted Image

#98 -flamefist-

-flamefist-

Posted 23 June 2004 - 10:57 PM

wel this is some weird shit i had a first 2 love talks with her (the second one was about giving her a necles of some sort as a gift) she talked to aunt jehira
and to imoen saying she loves the pc but then she had other talks with imoen (last one they slept together)!?
i got chloe tashia and imoen mods installed
and here are the variables
chloe[hr width=50]
chloegtkucr=-1
chloegtkucrwhencampingcr=2
chloeintrest=15
chloemildflirtscr=2
chloenormalcr=1
chloequestionscr=15
chloeromanceactivcr=1
chloeromanticcr=3
chlovetalkscr=11
chloetalktimercr=989438-this one hasnt changed for a lng time
imoen
[hr width=50]
imoenchloelovetalk=15
imoenchloetimercr=1341784
imoenromance=1224439
imoenromanceactivecr=1

so if anyone can help me out it would be apreciated

#99 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 04:22 AM

How in the world are you having Chloe romance you and Imoen at the same time? :blink: In the scripts, the Chloe-Imoen romance is automatically killed if the PC-Chloe romance is active. It shouldn't even be possible for another mod to interfere with that... the only thing I can think of is that you've been messing with the variables yourself, but even then the script should still kill one of the romances... urgh... *headache*

#100 -flamefist-

-flamefist-

Posted 24 June 2004 - 07:01 AM

can i kill them manually?
plus the timer doesnt seem to go down betwin saves (should it?)

as for how i done it i have been messing with veriables and stuff cause i imported my char that somehow also got evil(had to delete the aligment change variables)
and i also made changes regarding the char interest (chloeromanceactiv=3)
i deleted it before the gtku chats were over and increased the chloeinterest
here are the things i dont understand is chloeromanceactivcr should be 1 or 2 after the second lovetalk?
chloeromanticcr=3(what is that char for?)
chloetalktimercr=989438-shouldnt it go down ?

i know i made a bit of a mess out of stuff but this is the first time i ever tryed the shadow keeper and being in chapter 5 startingal over again would really be a last resort option(ill turn to assemblly languge before that :wacko: )

btw the mod itself is great gj ;)