Bug Reports for V. 1.2

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#101 Briannandoah

Briannandoah

Back to business

• 231 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 02:08 PM

I have now managed to play Chloe without any major "bugs" (even without re-installing, since I was lazy), but I have noticed few things.

First, it is possible, that Chloe must not be silenced, if she is going to have a GTKU talk (or any talk I reckon). If she is, the talk never happens and Chloe gets mixed up and can't be even triggered to "say" the "you look strange" option. Same goes with the thing that if either PC or any NPC Chloe is about to talk is too far away, the talk never happens, and again Chloe gets mixed and the only way to correct this is to load the game a new from the last save.

So you gotta keep everybody together, and not use silence around her if you know it will soon be time for another talk. I am really glad I noticed these things, and propably these have been the reason to almost all of my troubles with her.

I am still having occasional crashes, but nothing to do with Chloe, but with the thing that Macs tend to crash if their memory gets too full. And it happens (too often :angry: ). Like when the GTKU music starts, it might crash the game and the whole computer. That is the reason why I never keep the music option in the game on (neither in BGI nor BGII), because it occasionally crashes the game. Is there any way to silence the Chloe's music?

Otherwise, now when I have been playing this mod without any major problems for about two days I can say I am enjoying it a lot :D .
Member of Sol Ek Sa.

I WILL get a life, I promise! ...Someday :P

Posted Image

#102 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 25 June 2004 - 09:09 PM

I recently installed Chloe (excellent by the way), and I've been having a few problems with other romances. In a different game I was in a romance with Jaheira (with flirtpack) and every time I try to talk to Jaheira I get some dialogue from the scene at tanner's place with Chloe. Any ideas on this?

#103 -Wyrmvater Glaurung-

-Wyrmvater Glaurung-

Posted 26 June 2004 - 03:53 AM

It's some time ago when I installed Chloe and everything worked well.
But after having caught up Imoen it seems to have frozen.
Last dialogue between the PC, Imoen and Chloe was that how the PC was as a child and sister. The last talk between Chloe and Imoen about Chloe's possible brothers or sisters occured in Spellhood. Right now I'm about half way through Chapter 5 in Ust Natha.
Is it frozen or am I just too impatient? <_<

Otherwise it's a great mod so far and I'm happy that there are others who seem interested in Nietzsches strange theories :D

#104 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 06:10 AM

chloetalktimercr=989438-shouldnt it go down ?

No. Timers don't count down. The game clock counts up. This is the way it works in general terms:

SomeTimer=5000000
gameclock, which you can't see is counting up... 499995...6...7...8...9...500000
Game says "Oh hey, there's a variable that just got met. What's it do? *script is checked* Ah, trigger SomeDialogue and add 3000 to the timer. ok
(Dialogue is had)
SomeTimer=5003000 (approximately)

And that, in very simple terms, is how it works. The timer won't change until it's been met and the script tells it to increase by a certain amount. If the script doesn't say to increase, it stays the same indefinately and will still reside in the globals even though it's now essentially useless. You can look through your globals and see a number of timers in there that were met and stored away like the timer for the messenger to come to Aerie and say her uncle wants to see her, for example.

can i kill them manually?

Yes. The romance that you want to stop, set it equal to 3 instead of 1.

Last dialogue between the PC, Imoen and Chloe was that how the PC was as a child and sister. The last talk between Chloe and Imoen about Chloe's possible brothers or sisters occured in Spellhood. Right now I'm about half way through Chapter 5 in Ust Natha.
Is it frozen or am I just too impatient?

You're just impatient. The next romance talk with Chloe is actually an event. This event won't occur until you're above ground, usually in a city or forest area. It shouldn't occur at the exit from underdark area though (I hope). So basically, once you get out of the underdark, the first place you go to should trigger the event.

Save a vampire. Give blood.

#105 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 06 July 2004 - 05:44 AM

The winged demons (the three in the planar sphere quest and the thrall master in the planar prison) crash the game if they hit Chloe with their ranged attack spell.

#106 -Kam-

-Kam-

Posted 19 July 2004 - 03:09 PM

Here's my problem: after getting back from the Underdark, we meet those two guys talking about the yr'kai slave kid. Chloe has issues with this and, understandably, wants to free him. We head to the Tanner's house, and after getting through it, Chloe says she needs to rest, and suggests the inn nearby, the Five Flagons or whatever. We head right over there, but she doesn't say anything when we get there, or when we rest there. In the morning she says something about how if we don't care about the kid, she'll rescue him on her own and runs off. Unless she's just being in a fickle mood, something ain't right.

#107 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 03:47 PM

I only had one issue while playing through it.

It's rather silly, so probably nobody even thought of this happening :)

If you did NOT complete the tanner's quest (and set up everything so you could complete it), and play through to the slavers quest (from Chloe), you will have BOTH quests running at THE SAME TIME, when you're going down tanner's house.

This was... err... fun, to say the least ;)

崇高滑稽
·

#108 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 01:24 PM

In the morning she says something about how if we don't care about the kid, she'll rescue him on her own and runs off. Unless she's just being in a fickle mood, something ain't right.

Um... yeah you're right. This is before you got any dialogue choices? I think she's only supposed to say that if you don't rest, like just wander off and continue on like nothing happened. Hmm... I can't even guess why yours messed up. I hope you back an earlier save.

If you did NOT complete the tanner's quest (and set up everything so you could complete it), and play through to the slavers quest (from Chloe), you will have BOTH quests running at THE SAME TIME, when you're going down tanner's house.

That's strange. Chloe's quest is supposed to remove the Tanner from the house. During testing we had a bit of trouble with this but I'm fairly sure it was resolved before release. :blink:

#109 Michel

Michel

Damn. I'm good!

• 1003 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 02:22 PM

I experienced the same problem in the Tanner House.

#110 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 03:01 AM

Bleh... well there's nothing I can really do about it then. I'm fairly sure we tried just about everything.

#111 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 03:42 AM

Choose another house :)

崇高滑稽
·

#112 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 02:12 PM

There's no other house that has several levels that aren't being used.

#113 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 24 July 2004 - 01:01 AM

minor bug, Neg plane protechtion from the sword is set to 0% chance, so it'll never work... Just changing the value to 100% will fix it.

#114 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 01 August 2004 - 11:41 AM

Hi,

When I try to install the mod windows (xp) gives me the
"windows cannot open this file (...) select the program for a list or use the web service to find the program message". Installing some other mods (Tashia, Banterpatch) this didn't happen.
Should I indeed use this web service or should I do something else?

#115 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 11:52 AM

the download is in .rar format - if you have WinRAR or similar, you should have no problem unpacking it. some older .zip readers can't deal with .rar formats though: downloading WinRAR (a quick google will find it for you) will save you no end of trouble.

if you've *got* WinRAR or similar and yr having trouble unpacking chloe, then try downloading the mod again.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#116 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 02 August 2004 - 12:12 AM

:thumb: Ok, thanks the install worked.
Now only Irenicus' dungeon stands between me and Chloe. I'm really looking forward to this one!

#117 -Stan-

-Stan-

Posted 20 August 2004 - 06:09 PM

I have just had the Chloe/Nalia banter about giving coins to the poor and Chloe refers to Imoen as your Sister, whereas you have not yet discovered this. I don't know if this qualifies as a "bug", or if it is even a mistake (maybe deliberate?), but I just thought I'd let you all know.

#118 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 06:37 PM

Imoen did that in BG1 as well so... ^_^

崇高滑稽
·

#119 Lonely Eva

Lonely Eva
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 11:04 AM

Hey i love this mod  just for starters, and all the mods i found are completed.

I have a problem with the metal lump or what ever it's called (wouldn't know thats where to problem is) that you get from aran Linvailes Daughter Abigale, it turns out to be a scroll in my games(vampiric weakness), no clue what could cause this but so far all the mods i have are:

BGII-SOA
The patch
BGII-TOB
Patch for that 2
Baldurdash
Chloe
Sola
BGII flirtpack
Valen-(only use her for the portrait, i just copy the portrait and then unistall it)(possible problem area?)

#120 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 11:15 AM

you haven't got a problem: the metal lump is a potential plot element for a hypothetical Chloe TOB mod; as such it has no function in SOA.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||