• Please log in to reply
364 replies to this topic

#81 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 04 September 2018 - 01:53 PM

Thanks EvilMax:

I will go ahead and set up two equal v18 games.  So when one messes up I can continue on the other.

Tom

#82 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 04 September 2018 - 02:18 PM

Hi all:

Sorry to be such a pain about things that I should know.  My illnesses knocked everything out of me.  And the drugs  keep my brain (or what left of it) from functioning properly.  Get my next evaluation (and hopefully final report) on 09/12/2018.

But in the meantime, problems with installing WeiDU.  I found a copy of WeiDU-64.exe v2.46 in BWP v18.  In searching through the mods, I found WeiDU listed as WeiDU, Weidu.exe and WeiDU-64.exe.  Since I have Windows 7 Professional (x64) I know enough to use the 64 bit version.  But which version of WeiDU gets installed in the BGII - SoA folder?

Thanks for any help,

Tom

#83 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:19 AM

@Sebastian

The Baldurdash 1.76 component of VC10 fails to install, as does the Kevin Dorner core fixes component. The Install.bat cuts off at that point.

I cannot comprehend this issue. I have installed this component several times without any error. Did you use the BWS? That's the wrong tool. You need the BWP Installpack. Did you use the Installpack from GitHub? That's the wrong package. You need the original BWP Fixpack

The second problem I ran into, invariably, was NEJ3 failing to install due to "error extending bottom" for KELEMVOR.DLG due to the DLG file not being found in chitin.key.

Again I cannot comprehend this issue. Have you tried to uninstall or re-install NEJ3. That could cause the problem. There is a warning in my guide not to do so:
At several steps single files get copied into the override folder. WeiDU cannot handle this. Thus please don’t try un-installing and re-installing, but install the whole mod from scratch, if you want to change the mod selection!
Did you have disabled the virusscanner?

the BG2 fixpack v10 from Gibberlings 3 is actually v10.1

I wasn't aware of this new version. I used the official v10 from G3 download section. Surely the patches from Fixpack will not fit in with the new version. I have to figure that out.

1. The Darkest Day didn't install, even though the debug file says it did.

From your Debug:
SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED      The Darkest Day,  v1.14

SKIPPING: [TDD Character Kits]
    You have to have TDD Main Package installed

That's weird. No idea what went wrong. I never had this. TDD ist installed but the kits are not.

2. Dark Side of the Sword Coast didn't install

You have DSOTSC v2 in your game folder while the Installpack tries to install the current v3. Unfortunately they have different component numbers. Main component of v2 is 5 while of v3 it is 0.

You can install Widescreen mod after generalized biffing if it wasn't installed before (not tested yet!) but by no means you may uninstall or re-install after generalized biffing.

#84 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:30 AM

@tomkaz

But in the meantime, problems with installing WeiDU.  I found a copy of WeiDU-64.exe v2.46 in BWP v18.  In searching through the mods, I found WeiDU listed as WeiDU, Weidu.exe and WeiDU-64.exe.  Since I have Windows 7 Professional (x64) I know enough to use the 64 bit version.  But which version of WeiDU gets installed in the BGII - SoA folder?

For now don't use this WeiDU. Let the Installpack handle this for you. With this version for some reason many mods had not been installed. With Item Rev and Spell Rev I got: ERROR: Failure("Unknown function: HANDLE_CHARSETS")
With klatu I got : ERROR: Failure("No rule to identify BG2EE")

I did not investigate it any further.

#85 Sebastian

Sebastian
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 05:08 AM

@Sebastian

The Baldurdash 1.76 component of VC10 fails to install, as does the Kevin Dorner core fixes component. The Install.bat cuts off at that point.

I cannot comprehend this issue. I have installed this component several times without any error. Did you use the BWS? That's the wrong tool. You need the BWP Installpack. Did you use the Installpack from GitHub? That's the wrong package. You need the original BWP Fixpack

The second problem I ran into, invariably, was NEJ3 failing to install due to "error extending bottom" for KELEMVOR.DLG due to the DLG file not being found in chitin.key.

Again I cannot comprehend this issue. Have you tried to uninstall or re-install NEJ3. That could cause the problem. There is a warning in my guide not to do so:
At several steps single files get copied into the override folder. WeiDU cannot handle this. Thus please don’t try un-installing and re-installing, but install the whole mod from scratch, if you want to change the mod selection!
Did you have disabled the virusscanner?

the BG2 fixpack v10 from Gibberlings 3 is actually v10.1

I wasn't aware of this new version. I used the official v10 from G3 download section. Surely the patches from Fixpack will not fit in with the new version. I have to figure that out.

1. The Darkest Day didn't install, even though the debug file says it did.

From your Debug:
SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED      The Darkest Day,  v1.14

SKIPPING: [TDD Character Kits]
    You have to have TDD Main Package installed

That's weird. No idea what went wrong. I never had this. TDD ist installed but the kits are not.

2. Dark Side of the Sword Coast didn't install

You have DSOTSC v2 in your game folder while the Installpack tries to install the current v3. Unfortunately they have different component numbers. Main component of v2 is 5 while of v3 it is 0.

You can install Widescreen mod after generalized biffing if it wasn't installed before (not tested yet!) but by no means you may uninstall or re-install after generalized biffing.

Nope, everything I've told you is what happened with a fresh install of the game and newly extracted mods. Repeatedly. I always erase everything and restore a fresh copy of the game before extracting the mods again and launching BWP installpack. And I did use BWP, the CMD program you made, not BWS. I'd mistyped before. Also, yes, virus scanner was off.

Another issue I seem to be having is one that always happened every other time I tried to include it in a mega mod over the years: Virtue is buggy. It causes virtue drops of 2 and alignment changes on those two assassins in Candlekeep that attack you, Reevor's rats in the storehouse, randomly spawned creatures like wolves (but not dogs or bears so far), and on seemingly random occasions like Haiass dying for some reason (not every time) or Rhyalto fights (occasionally, probably wrongly associated with one of the wild surges of those spells he casts). I've had to rely on the global variable commands in the Virtue readme, but with everything else happening (like some essential tobex files missing and TOBEX not finding kit scroll bars for some reason), I think I'll eventually have to reinstall the whole thing with Virtue excluded and probably any GUI components excluded as well (like the 1pp gui elements and the subrace mod gui elements according to other people who've had the "can't find kit scroll bar" problem).

At least if I do, I'll know what to do to install DsoTSC, provided I find version 3.

Thanks for replying, Leonardo.

Edited by Sebastian, 05 September 2018 - 05:43 AM.

#86 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 09:37 PM

@Sebastian

Different types of VCv10 and also NeJ3v702 had been released at least twice with the same version numbers.
The previous VCv10 had a tp2 file with date of 19 July 2017 and a size of 1120 KB. The newest one with date of 12 January 2018 has a size of 1145 KB.
The previous NeJ3v702 had a tp2 file with date of ‎29 ‎April ‎2016 and a size of 576 KB. The newest one with date of 9 ‎December ‎2017 has a size of 600 KB.
Maybe we have different versions of these mods?

DSotSC v3 is here: https://github.com/K4thos/DSotSC

#87 Sebastian

Sebastian
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 04:42 AM

@Sebastian

Different types of VCv10 and also NeJ3v702 had been released at least twice with the same version numbers.
The previous VCv10 had a tp2 file with date of 19 July 2017 and a size of 1120 KB. The newest one with date of 12 January 2018 has a size of 1145 KB.
The previous NeJ3v702 had a tp2 file with date of ‎29 ‎April ‎2016 and a size of 576 KB. The newest one with date of 9 ‎December ‎2017 has a size of 600 KB.
Maybe we have different versions of these mods?

DSotSC v3 is here: https://github.com/K4thos/DSotSC

Hello again Leonardo! Thanks for helping out so promptly. I'd already found the DsotSC in question (thanks for confirming its suitability!)  and have since started an all-fresh install of everything. I did so before you told me this part about the VC versions so I used the same VC as before, but it turns out it already is the second, newest one you mentioned (1145 GB, 12 January 2018 date). The NEJ3 is also the latest one, with tp2 of 600KB and 9 December 2017 date.

Weirdly though, BWP managed to install VC Baldurdash 1.76 just fine this time for some reason, though I still had to install the Kevin Dorner component separately from Baldurdash 175. The even weirder thing that happened, though, was with BG2 Fixpack.

As before, everything was run as administrator, the antivirus disabled and no CDs in my optical or virtual drives.

Basically, the same BG2 fixpack that installed fine last time returned errors this time, once because it couldn't find some torgal2.cre file (I made one with nearinfinity from torgal.cre to get past this) and then it started to give errors because it couldn't append dialog.tlk due to set_string command being out of range. Opening the TP2 and checking the strings involved, it became apparent that the setup-bg2fixpack.exe couldn't extend the dialog.tlk file on its own. This MAY also have been the reason why the "subtitles for soundsets" option from TOBEX didn't install either. Again, this was with the same BG2 fixpack that worked last time and the weidu used by your BWP program. I ended up using the TLK editor from Black Wyrm's lair to extend the string table from 25201 (or whatever the value was) to around 76,000.

Manually. I used toothpicks to lock the Alt + N keys on my keyboard so it only took around 10-15 minutes.

It was the strangest thing. O_o

I swear I have no idea why these things keep happening to me. My guess is cyber gremlins.

Unfortunately, the BG2fixpack debug file seems to have since been overwritten by the installpack (or I might have erased it on the basis of "just in case" while running and rerunning the installer independently every time I extended the dialog.tlk string table) so I don't have the exact error messages anymore :(. I don't think whatever weird conditions caused this are likely to be replicated by anyone else though, so don't feel pressured to figure this out. It's obviously some arcane conjunction of planets that did it, otherwise it would have happened for every other one of the several mega mod installs I attempted to carry out only to scrap this past week.

Anyway, after extending the TLK string table manually, BG2 fixpack installed, finally, and everything else proceeded apace from there. Even TDD and Dsotsc installed just fine, as did NEJ3 (though I still made a KELEMVOR.DLG at the start, just in case, so I don't know if that wasn't a thing anymore). Currently, your BWP v18 installpack is processing the SFO patches from Stratagems, so the mega mod installation is almost over. Well, it will be over in some hours or perhaps another day considering how long this part takes.

I don't have any debugs this time, just the WeiDU.log which isn't complete anyway, since stratagems is still installing as I said, but I figured I may as well put it there.

I do recommend you not waste too much of your time trying to figure out what strange witchcraft has been having its way with my computer though. I'm only reporting this because it's just that mystifying and hilarious, and so I can tell everyone out there who manage to cause the most bizarre things to happen: you are not alone! Actually, you're not the most hopeless game modder either! That's me :)).

Hamsters and rangers everywhere, you may now laugh.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT - After INSTALLPACK Full Run

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, it seems this install is also a bust. While I can scroll down to get all the kits, the titles and names for some vanilla races (halforc), kits (kensai, wizard slayer, half the cleric vanilla cleric kits, etc.), and over half the weapon proficiencies don't show up (not at character creation, nor in the character tab), even though their descriptions do. TOBEX also fails to find the scroll bar for mage/sorcerer spell selection at level up (although this isn't a case at character creation) and some buttons or messages get dialog string instead. The "insert game disk into optical drive" message has a line by Yoshimo in it, and the button for level details during level up has some dialog line instead of the proper text as well. Curiously, the characters I talked to in-game seem to have the proper lines assigned, but they have BG1 avatars instead of BG2 ones :-/ which is another thing that irks a bit. Even Gorion and Imoen have BG1 avatars O_O.

I avoided w-gui this time but the GUI component from subrace mod installed despite me editing it out of Individual.bat too (I checked the component number in BWP v18) so I think I'll just leave that mod out of my installation entirely next time and hope for the best. Though the BGT gui mod installing the TDD home screen instead of the Elminster Wielding Staff that BWP v18 says it should might suggest something's happening there as well.

Unfortunately, I don't think (all) these problems are caused by subrace OR BG2 Fixpack's odd schizophreinia, at least not entirely, because the things happening to the game (at least the menu-related gaps and glitches) are the same as what I experienced when I launched the game on a whim after extracting the mods in the game folder (via installpack) but BEFORE actually installing the megamod. I assumed at the time that it was a temporary thing due to whatever mods extracted stuff directly into override (like VC10) but if they persisted even after the whole installation I don't know what to say. I wish I'd at least figure out how to get TOBEX to install and work properly.

I haven't quite burned out my enthusiasm so I'll probably come back with some more hilarity when I try a fresh install again tomorrow. I'll attach WEIDU.log just in case someone can suggest some mods for me to exclude or include to maximize my odds of a somewhat coherent result. Especially from those that should go before BG2fxpack.

Attached Files

Edited by Sebastian, 07 September 2018 - 12:43 PM.

#88 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 07 September 2018 - 04:31 PM

Hi All:

Almost ready to try and install a mega mod-game.  Stumbled on a few mods.

First problem mod was DSotSC.  But thanks to Leonardo Watson, and his post I think I got it.  The file I have is DSotSC-master.zip.  Have a small problem with it.  When it is unpacked, I have the following files:

1)  DSotSC (folder)

2)  .gitattributes

3)  .gitignore

4)  setup-DSotSC.exe

Do you copy .gitattributes and .gitignore to the BGII - SoA folder?

If you search the DSotSC folder, you find the folder DOCS.  It contains the file [english]ReadMe-DSotSC.html.  On my computer, this file is empty.  It would be nice to have the normal ReadMe stuff in iot.

The second mod that gives me problems is BG1UB. The file I have is bg1up-master.zip. When it is unpacked, I have the following files:

1)  bg1ub (folder)

2)  .gitignore

3)  ReadMe.md

I thought there should be a setup-bg1ub.exe file. It is v15.2.

The third mod that gives me problems is Planar Sphere Mod v2.6e Beta.  The ReadMe says it is v2.6c.  I would appreciate help with v2.6e.

Well that is it.  Plan to install a game on Sunday.

Thanks for any help,

Tom

#89 Sebastian

Sebastian
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 08:26 AM

After manually trawling through my Big World Downloads folder and comparing things to my BG2 folder after unpacking, I discovered that the latest Weidu version for Windows had snuck in there as well. I hesitate to hope that it was responsible for all my problems, since the Kevin Dorner baldurdash component STILL didn't install from VC10 (as opposed to the one in BDASH 175 which did when I ran it in parallel).

HOWEVER, TOBEX and BG2 Fixpack DID install without interruptions, as did TDD just now, so the odds are pretty good that the Weidu was the problem for my eldritch issues! Hah!

Thank you @tomkaz for bringing up the Weidu thing in this thread, and @Leonardo for subsequently warning against using it. Things might finally be going my way at last.

Please do yourselves all a favor and ignore the anecdotal accounts I shared here previously.

Edited by Sebastian, 08 September 2018 - 08:29 AM.

#90 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 08 September 2018 - 01:50 PM

Hello All:

Installed a fresh copy of Baldur's Gate and BGII - SoA.  Went and modified individual.bat.  Copied all the individual.bat files to the BGII - SoA folder.  Started the game with the BiG World Install.bat file and it hangs on option 2. Tried option 4 to quit.  The game hung up.  

There is no folder "BiG World Downloads" in the same directory.

: will go and see if I can find where the folder "BiG World Downloads" should be.

Any help will greatly be appreciated'

Tom

Found a referenc to "BiG World Downloads".  Now I need to find out where it goes.  I am guessing it goes in the folder BGII - SoA.  But now what do I do with the mods.  Do I put the in the folder "BiG World Downloads" as they are made by the author?  I have always extracted the files and placed them BGII - SoA.  Tried that this time and it failed.

Tom.

Edited by tomkaz, 08 September 2018 - 02:12 PM.

#91 Sebastian

Sebastian
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 09:49 PM

@Tomkaz.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Copied all the individual.bat files to the BGII - SoA folder" but that's not what you're supposed to do. Just extract all four BiG World component archives (fixpack, installpack, textpack and trimpack) to the Baldur's Gate 2 game folder. Then you only need to edit individual.bat from BiG World Installpack\install.

As for BiG World Downloads, Big World Installpack didn't find it when it was in the actual Baldur's Gate 2 game directory for me. I had to manually input the path for things to work. However, it did detect it just fine when I put BiG World Downloads in the parent directory where Baldur's Gate 2 was placed (in my case, "E:\"). Try that.

Then just make sure you have all the mods you want in BiG World Downloads. In their archived form you downloaded them in. Installpack will unpack them automatically into your game folder and even figure out when one needs double unpacking or to be moved from a parent folder. This is especially important for the mods with multiple components like infinity animations. There are notable exceptions to this that you'll need to manually move up into the game directory after the unpacking phase of Installpack is done: Fishing for Trouble, NTOTSC (probably, if it's called NTOTSC-master), Dsotsc-master, Tower of Deception, uniqueartifacts, etc. Fortunately, the installpack will ask you if you want a list of the mods not found in the folder, so you'll know which ones to manually move around if needed.

Edited by Sebastian, 09 September 2018 - 01:48 AM.

#92 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 09 September 2018 - 09:22 AM

Hi Sebastian:

I went back and checked BiG World Project v17.pdf and to my surprise "BiG World Downloads" was in that issue also.  It goes to show the world how dumb I can be.  But it does explain why I could not get that game to work.

Here is how I interpret what I should do.  My game  is installed in G:\Black Isle\BGII - SoA.

Extract BiG World Fixpack v18 into BiG World Fixpack and BiG World Fixpack.bat. Copy those into BGII - SoA.

Extract BiG World Installpack v18 into BiG World Installpack and BiG World Installpack.bat. Copy those into BGII - SoA.

Extract BiG World Textpack v17.0.17 ENGLISH into BiG World Textpack ENGLISH and BiG World Textpack.bat. Copy those into BGII - SoA.

Extract BiG World Trimpack v17.7 into BiG World Trimpack and BiG World Trimpack.bat. Copy those into BGII - SoA.

Edit individual.bat to my liking. Replace the individual.bat that came with ...BiG World Installpack\install\individual.bat with the edited version.

Then add the BiG World Downloads to either G:\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\ directory or G:\Black Isle\ directory and place all the edited mods into it.  I am not sure which one.

Start the game with BiG World Installpack.bat.

Not sure what is the archived form.  For example: Is it "Shadows Over Soubar v1.13"?  Is it "SoSv1.13.rar"?

Not to be too critical, I would prefer to extract all the mods myself.  This way I have all the mods extracted without the complications of double unpacking, to be moved from a parent folder, and  manually move up into the game directory after the unpacking phase.

Thanks again for the information.  It really helped.

Tom

#93 Sebastian

Sebastian
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 01:08 PM

Hi Sebastian:

I went back and checked BiG World Project v17.pdf and to my surprise "BiG World Downloads" was in that issue also.  It goes to show the world how dumb I can be.  But it does explain why I could not get that game to work.

Here is how I interpret what I should do.  My game  is installed in G:\Black Isle\BGII - SoA.

Extract BiG World Fixpack v18 into BiG World Fixpack and BiG World Fixpack.bat. Copy those into BGII - SoA.

Extract BiG World Installpack v18 into BiG World Installpack and BiG World Installpack.bat. Copy those into BGII - SoA.

Extract BiG World Textpack v17.0.17 ENGLISH into BiG World Textpack ENGLISH and BiG World Textpack.bat. Copy those into BGII - SoA.

Extract BiG World Trimpack v17.7 into BiG World Trimpack and BiG World Trimpack.bat. Copy those into BGII - SoA.

Edit individual.bat to my liking. Replace the individual.bat that came with ...BiG World Installpack\install\individual.bat with the edited version.

Then add the BiG World Downloads to either G:\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\ directory or G:\Black Isle\ directory and place all the edited mods into it.  I am not sure which one.

Start the game with BiG World Installpack.bat.

Not sure what is the archived form.  For example: Is it "Shadows Over Soubar v1.13"?  Is it "SoSv1.13.rar"?

Not to be too critical, I would prefer to extract all the mods myself.  This way I have all the mods extracted without the complications of double unpacking, to be moved from a parent folder, and  manually move up into the game directory after the unpacking phase.

Thanks again for the information.  It really helped.

Tom

Your logic is a bit skewed or I gave the wrong impression in my prior post. You don't actually have to do anything when extracting with installpack. You'll actually have a lot MORE work to do wth manual extraction because there are lots of mods packed in unnecessary subfolders than the few Installpack misses. "the complications of double unpacking," is exactly what will happen to you to a lot of the mods if you want to manually extract them all, even if you use 7Z to select and extract in bulk. BiG World Installpack only misses, like, 5 or so in total, and that's because they're packaged multiple times. You're also inviting issues of the "missing files" variety, especially if you somehow forget to add all content from infinity animations. But I suppose it's ultimately your choice.

For everything else you're spot on, except that you can just extract the Big World archives into BGII-SOA directly. And my experience indicates that BiG World Downloads should go in G:\Black Isle\.

----------------------

Incidentally, I finally managed to install the megamod, and the only things I discovered strange are that most of the Candlekeep characters (incuding recruitable NPCs) have BG1 avatars (which look like stick figures and I dislike), and the Psion kit from Psionics Unleashed goes strange. Which is to say, it killed my character after I started the game for some reason. Fortunately I wasn't too hung up on playing as a psionic, so whatever.

The BG1 avatars thing irks, especially since I did install all the paperdoll and animation mods. The first BWP I managed to install might have been bugged to hell and back, but at least it had them in their nice, BG2 animations. Oh well.

Edited by Sebastian, 09 September 2018 - 01:13 PM.

#94 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 09 September 2018 - 01:46 PM

Hi Sebastian:

Again thanks for your help and comments.  I managed to copy 216 mods into BiG World Downloads.  I found that my files ended in 7Z,  zip, master, rar, exe and master.zip.  I assume that master may be incorrect.  I should have a game started with in 30 minutes.

I will let you know before midnight how the install worked.

Where there were multiple places that used the same mod, I only installed it once. cdtweaks (The Tweaks Anthology) installs in four separate place.  In that case, I wonder if it installs each section by itself.

Thanks again,

Tom

#95 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 09 September 2018 - 06:33 PM

Hi All:

Things were going well until I stumbled on Platform Conversion Utility (PCU).  I never heard of it before.  Somehow I got a file about it.  From Ascension64  It makes no sense to me, but then a lot of things confuse me.

All I know is that I do not have it, but I need it.  Froze the game at the point where I need it to continue installation.

Can any one give me a simple explanation on what it does, how it works, and where can I get one?

Thanks for any help,

Tom

#96 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 11:10 PM

You made 4 posts, one after the other and I admit I'm not sure which one you want to be replied to. The most recent or the oldest?

You'd better use the edit function... including the [spoiler] tag if needs be.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#97 Sebastian

Sebastian
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 01:41 AM

You made 4 posts, one after the other and I admit I'm not sure which one you want to be replied to. The most recent or the oldest?

You'd better use the edit function... including the [spoiler] tag if needs be.

Just two actually.

@tomkaz, I have no clue what that PCU is supposed to be for, but I think it might be asking for a file that another mod is supposed to create. Since you mentioned extracting multiple archives of the same mods, I put good odds on an older version of a mod overwriting the older one upon archive extraction due to the mod folders being called the same. You should go through your BiG World Downloads folder and delete all versions of the same mod except for the one mentioned in BWP v18. Then start everything over, including the extraction.

----------------------

For my part, it seems I'll be reinstalling the megamod AGAIN because I was an idiot and allowed infinity animations to install BG1 avatars/animations for almost everything in the game, which sucks. If anyone here is like me and DOESN'T want almost every sprite in the game including joinable NPCs to look like BG1 hunchbacks, make sure the following two components do not install.

~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #8030 // BG1 Animations for NPCs -> Most relevant creatures: v5 BWP Fix
~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #9520 // BG1 Animations for Exported PCs -> Patch all PCs without prompting: v5 BWP Fix

Edited by Sebastian, 10 September 2018 - 01:42 AM.

#98 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 10 September 2018 - 08:46 AM

Hi All:

I am having lots of trouble installing a megamod game.  I am wondering if my games are too old.  I noticed that Leonardo refers to "DVD's" in the BiG World Project instructions.

I purchased the games in 1998.  All my discs are CDs.  In fact, my BGII - SoA game came with a Bonus Disc which installed two additional stores.  All the CDs are in excellent condition because I always use copies and save the originals.

Just tired of trying to make a megamod game.  I am guessing at every possible solution.

Thanks for any help,

Tom

#99 Sebastian

Sebastian
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 09:09 AM

Hi All:

I am having lots of trouble installing a megamod game.  I am wondering if my games are too old.  I noticed that Leonardo refers to "DVD's" in the BiG World Project instructions.

I purchased the games in 1998.  All my discs are CDs.  In fact, my BGII - SoA game came with a Bonus Disc which installed two additional stores.  All the CDs are in excellent condition because I always use copies and save the originals.

Just tired of trying to make a megamod game.  I am guessing at every possible solution.

Thanks for any help,

Tom

The CD version is actually the ideal one and the one I am using as well. Just be sure it's updated to BGII-ThroneofBhaal_Patch_26498 (not 99). Big World Project v18 has all the exact details for this.

Otherwise, just make sure you do what I said in the last post and eliminate duplicate mod archives in BiG World Downloads, and only THEN use the Big World Installpack to do everything from extraction to installation. The Big World Project v18 PDF also tells you exactly what to do, and the guide to editing individual.bat always opens when you initiate a new installation too. Really, this all worked for me just fine once I figured out Weidu as the culprit  behind all my weird mishaps.

Edited by Sebastian, 10 September 2018 - 11:40 AM.

#100 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 01:18 PM

Hello Leonardo, 

in the few following days it is my plan to play Baldur's gate Trilogy.

1) I was wondering if you are planning to release an update in the few following days.

2) Will the new version automatically download the stuff? Because in the contrary, I will have to start manually downloading all the mods - I don't trust Bws getting the right version sadly :( - I noticed for example that when downloading the instlalpack he got version 18 but the fixpack was version 17. Sad stuff

Regards

Edited by Sergio, 13 September 2018 - 02:28 AM.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.