Photo

BWPv18 released

• Please log in to reply
364 replies to this topic

#61 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 01:37 PM

... but my understanding is that first option for TDD involves "Import more NPCs into Shadow of Amn " component of BGT tweak pack...

The TDD is a BG2 mod that features some "BG1" NPCs that were originally not imported from there, as you don't have the BG1 content in BG2, but they can be there in BGT, with is not a reguirement. And so the NPCs are actually unrelated to their BG1 portion NPCs, if played with both mods. And then there's the mentioned other mods...

Edited by The Imp, 26 August 2018 - 01:38 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#62 EvilMax

EvilMax
  • 145 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 01:42 PM

Tomkaz, re TDD&BGT I think that depends how quests are spread. If installed after BGT it will add its NPCs and quest functions. But BGT itself is aware of TDD, so maybe it can add some quests to Trilogy NPCs.

Re VC10, Keldorn Romance v1.02 indeed is a part of the VC mod. And Keldorn NPC mod that is recommended isn't present in PDF, right. Component 31 wouldn't be installed in case of using NeJ but I see no problems installing it in (2) or (3) because this is animation and between (2) and (3) there are no animation altering mods.

There is no sense in double cdtweaks #2040 but there is no harm except spent time.

By the way, I see Saradas Magic 2 twice: second is at the end of section 11. But it didn't installed twice fortunately. Possibly, detected.

#63 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 27 August 2018 - 10:57 AM

Hi The Imp and EvilMax:

I think I will be able to get a mega mod game together in the near,  If I do not have a mod, I simply will not use it.

I also came across another typo.  Here is is:

In individual.bat v18, there are an odd number of parentheses in a section of Sword Coast Stratagems at components 6000 and 6010.  The text is:

findstr /I /M "BP_AI" %SET%>nul
if errorlevel 1 (
findstr /I /M "skip_SCS_6000" %CON%>nul
if errorlevel 1 (
Call %EINSTI% stratagems "6000"
)
)
findstr /I /M "replace_SCS_6000" %CON%>nul
if errorlevel 1 (
Call %EINSTI% stratagems "6010"
)
)

Note there are three ( orange parentheses and four ) green parentheses.  Sorry if the colors are hard to see.

Thanks again for your help,
Tom

#64 EvilMax

EvilMax
  • 145 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 11:34 AM

Tomkaz, see one of my messages above an Leonardo's answer.  Second green shouldn't be there.

http://www.shsforums...eased/?p=603968

Edited by EvilMax, 27 August 2018 - 11:36 AM.

#65 new(Mike)

new(Mike)
  • 122 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 02:35 AM

when i install tb#quest, ac_quest with bwp 18,i find the error message
"
[AC_QUEST/SETUP-AC_QUEST.TP2] PARSE ERROR at line 3 column 1-7
Near Text: SUPPORT
GLR parse error

[AC_QUEST/SETUP-AC_QUEST.TP2] ERROR at line 3 column 1-7
Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [AC_QUEST/SETUP-AC_QUEST.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error
[.\dialog.tlk] created, 155815 string entries

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED The curse of Mprolla the spammer"

who can tell me how to reslove it, thank you so much

if i donot reslove it,if it will be a big problem or not, how can help me,thank you

Edited by new(Mike), 28 August 2018 - 02:40 AM.

#66 EvilMax

EvilMax
  • 145 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 06:10 AM

What exact version of the Ascalon's Quest Pack do you have?

Can you post first several lines from the mentioned .tp2?

Edited by EvilMax, 28 August 2018 - 12:38 PM.

#67 new(Mike)

new(Mike)
  • 122 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 03:24 PM

ac_quest  Version is 2.04

AC_QUEST.TP2 begin as follows:

BACKUP ~AC_QUEST/backup~
//AUTHOR ~whiteagnus@baldursgatemods.de~ 
SUPPORT ~jastey@web.de~

VERSION ~2.04~ //180612 packed by jastey

AUTO_TRA "AC_QUEST/TRA/autotra/%s"//%"

ALWAYS

INCLUDE ~AC_QUEST/lib/g3_tutu_cpmvars.tpa~
INCLUDE ~AC_QUEST/lib/g3_bgt_cpmvars.tpa~
INCLUDE ~AC_QUEST/lib/liam_bgee_vars.tpa~

#68 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 28 August 2018 - 05:49 PM

High All:

I thought I messed up some code. So I went and checked the acronyms.  They were hard to find but I finally got them.

In particular I thought I messed up %EINST% and %EINSTI%  After tracing what they were, I found out they both represent the same code.

The code is %EINST%  =  %EINSTI%  =  ".\BiG World Installpack\source\preview.bat".  Did I miss something?

Tom

#69 EvilMax

EvilMax
  • 145 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 10:39 PM

new(Mike), I'm in doubts. My version is exactly the same and .tp2 starts the same and no errors in line 3 reported. I suspect problems with codepage or WeiDU. Cannot help, sorry.

tomkaz, it was different in previous versions. It seems like a rudiment :-)

#70 new(Mike)

new(Mike)
  • 122 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 12:34 AM

@EvilMax

can you give me your WeiDU.exe, thank you 

who konws where i can find ja#bgt_advpack V 0.7 and ja#bgt_tweak v1.74 from the download link,http://kerzenburg.ba...loads.php?id=35
i cannot find the download file

Edited by new(Mike), 29 August 2018 - 03:54 AM.

#71 EvilMax

EvilMax
  • 145 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 02:12 AM

new(Mike), I've looked into my install folder. WeiDU auto-updates and all my installers (i.e. setup-*.exe) including setup-ac_quest.exe are of size 955328 bytes. Version reported is 24400. I think it has no sense of sending WeiDU.exe - it would be updated anyway during install process.

#72 new(Mike)

new(Mike)
  • 122 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 03:53 AM

@EvilMax

thank you again

#73 Shuv-Oohl

Shuv-Oohl
  • Modder
  • 113 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 08:19 AM

Could it be just a missing double slash like
// SUPPORT
?

#74 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 08:25 AM

when i install tb#quest, ac_quest with bwp 18,i find the error message
"
[AC_QUEST/SETUP-AC_QUEST.TP2] PARSE ERROR at line 3 column 1-7
GLR parse error

[AC_QUEST/SETUP-AC_QUEST.TP2] ERROR at line 3 column 1-7
Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [AC_QUEST/SETUP-AC_QUEST.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error
[.\dialog.tlk] created, 155815 string entries

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED The curse of Mprolla the spammer"

who can tell me how to reslove it, thank you so much

if i donot reslove it,if it will be a big problem or not, how can help me,thank you

Problems with SUPPORT means for some reason your install uses an older weidu version. Update the setup-ac_quest.exe to at least v244 and it should work (v243 and lower do not support the SUPPORT tag). Current weidu is v246.

Jarl's Adventure Pack is here: https://www.baldurs-...venture-pack.8/

Jarl's Tweakpack is here:

Current but old version 1.74: https://www.baldurs-...t-tweak-pack.7/

New restructured, shiny beta version 2.0.0: https://www.baldurs-...k-v2-0-0.44590/

#75 new(Mike)

new(Mike)
  • 122 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 03:23 PM

@jastey

thank you so much,the problem is resolved

Jarl's Tweakpack and Jarl's Adventure Pack is downloaded

#76 Sebastian

Sebastian
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 03:48 AM

To @Leonardo Watson thank you kindly for the hard work on the Big World Project, and hello as well to everyone else here. I've been wrestling with the Big World Project Installer for the past week in an effort to finally install the version of BWP which includes Vlad's Compilation 10 and NEJ3. I've been waiting for months to see the BW Installer with VC/NEJ support, so you might imagine my excitement when BWP 18 finally showed up. I was never more than cautiously optimistic though, because I only ever managed to install BWP with NEJ once, like 5 years or so ago.

Needless to say, I've had some recurring issues this time as well. On the other hand, I've been able to circumvent them. Mostly.

First off, the "make all attack animation actual attacks" from TOB Extender never installs. It breaks with errors and I have to press enter in BWS to skip and continue. Though that's the least of my concerns. I have no idea how to fix this but I don't imagine it will affect my experience much.

More important are the following 2 things that happened while installing option 2 of "all you can get" (NEJ with SCS, big mods, original ascension, etc.).

The Baldurdash 1.76 component of VC10 fails to install, as does the Kevin Dorner core fixes component. The Install.bat cuts off at that point. Don't have the debug ready because I'm still installing the BWS. FORTUNATELY, I was able to circumvent this by letting the CMD alone, launching Baldurdash 1.75 separately and installing Core fixes and the Kevin Dorner components from there, which worked fine. After that, I just had to let the BWS resume.

The second problem I ran into, invariably, was NEJ3 failing to install due to "error extending bottom" for KELEMVOR.DLG due to the DLG file not being found in chitin.key. This is because the file never gets created. I don't have the exact debug file available (sorry!) because it got deleted along with everything else when I cleaned out the game folder the nth time to make a fresh installation of everything. However, I actually WAS able to circumvent this doing the following.

Before starting BWI, I launched nearinfinity and went to the DLG section, then created a duplicate of the base "AAA.DLG" blank dialog file, which I named KELEMVOR.DLG, and saved in override. The NEJ installation was able to proceed without issue when I ran the BWS next.

Now, I don't know why this happens. Presumably whatever BWS Fixpack does causes NEJ to not copy KELEMVOR.DLG into override or wherever else. I figured I might as well share these workarounds in case someone runs into the same issue though.

Another thing: the BG2 fixpack v10 from Gibberlings 3 is actually v10.1 and doesn't install due to errors for my particular "all you ca get" selection. I was able to get around this by downloading the v10 from GitHub and using the data from there instead. But since that one lacks the setup.exe, I had to replace the Fixpack folder content with the GitHUB one AFTER unpacking BG2Fixpack v10 from G3.

Finally, I could never find NTotSC 2.2.2, nor the patch. Fortunately, the GitHUB NTotSC installed fine. When I eventually found it. It took more trial and error to figure out which version to use from the many floating around on the net than it did for the KELEMVOR.DLG thing with NEJ.

That's it for now. I may or may not get back to you all depending on whether or not SCS installs properly. Historically, that's also a mod that proved challenging to install without errors in such a mega mod.

Edited by Sebastian, 03 September 2018 - 12:27 PM.

#77 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 10:02 AM

Finally, I could never find NTotSC 2.2.2, nor the patch. Fortunately, the GitHUB NTotSC installed fine. When I eventually found it. It took more trial and error to figure out which version to use from the many floating around on the net than it did for the KELEMVOR.DLG thing with NEJ.

The GitHub you found is the correct one. Still, it's funny how we modder think that if the mod is updatd on the official download's page that this would make finding it somehow easier.

This is a good example why modders do not appreciate inofficial download locations. My comment is not addressed to you specifically but a general statement.

#78 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 03 September 2018 - 03:57 PM

Hi All:

Just finished modifying INDIVIDUAL.BAT.  It took me over a week to fix all the components so they did not interfere with each other.

I got a weird idea.  I have lots of space in my computer so is it  reasonable  to put two games on one  computer?  Here is what I have.

Windows 7  64 bit. Three 1 TB Hard Drives partitioned into six 465 GB partitions.  32 GB of RAM.  Each partition has 25-40 GB Virtual Memory.  Three 465 GB partitions are empty. So there is enough free space for the games.   I have three CD-DVD discs.  So there is room for CDs.

I want to install Baldur's Gate, Tales of the Sword Coast, Shadows of Amn, and Throne of Bhaal on two separate partitions and two CDs in two CD burners.  Would I then be able to play two individual games on the same computer.  Obviously I could not play them at the same time.  My v17 BWP game was about 17 GB.

Any ideas about this will be appreciated,

Tom  

#79 EvilMax

EvilMax
  • 145 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 10:31 PM

tomkaz, I see no problem in havng several separate installs and games, Currently I have two MegaMods (elder v15.7 and current v18) installed in 2 separate subfolders of one folder.

#80 Sebastian

Sebastian
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 02:00 AM

Hello! I've finally finished installing the BWP v18, and after some hick-ups that happened with the install pausing due to some content missing from some mods (like Infinity Animations, which I'd not fully downloaded and had to manually install before hitting enter to resume), I've completed the big world installation.

The main three problems are.

1. The Darkest Day didn't install, even though the debug file says it did.

2. Dark Side of the Sword Coast didn't install, despite the debug file also saying it did (I checked wth nearinfinity and none of the cre files for Jetlaya and the rest are there).

3. BG1UB didn't install because I'd somehow not extracted the archive in the main folder and left it in the subfolder instead. This despite the fact that a bg1ub setup.exe file definitely existed in the main folder.

TDD won't make me weep overmuch, but DsOTSC is a bit of a bummer. Still, I don't expect much to be done for them, and I don't plan to do a re-install just for them. I WOULD like to know if installing BG1UB NOW after everything else would mess anything too important up though.

I've attached the files I think are relevant in case they're needed, but the debugs seem supremely unhelpful to me since they don't actually seem to have major error messages.

And now for something completely different!

I did run generalized biffing, so I suppose I can't install Widescreen mod again to change the resolution? Or a GUI mod since the W-gui failed for some reason?

Attached Files

Edited by Sebastian, 04 September 2018 - 03:25 AM.