Posted 13 November 2019 - 05:40 AM

i have tried

stratagems v32 and CDTWEAKS v9 cannot be installed with a 32 bit weidu

the first empty line is added by stratagems v32 

before stratagems v32  is installed,there is not the first empty line

after stratagems v32  is installed,there is the first empty line

#142 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 06:49 AM

Did you notice ? stratagems v32 works (officially) only with a 64 bit weidu, and 2*32=64 ... OK, probably unrelated :-) Or does it eventually still work with a 32 bit weidu for testing ?

This is unrelated... the Weidu v246.00 has two of the same versions inside it, the 32-bit version, which you can find in WeiDU-Windows-246.zip\WeiDU-Windows\bin\x86/weidu.exe ... that is meant for 32-bit Operation Systems.
While the 64-bit that's in WeiDU-Windows-246.zip\WeiDU-Windows\bin\amd64/weidu.exe .. that is meant for the 64-bit OS.

Leonardo Watson doesn't have a 64-bit OS capable computer, which is odd as those are the main consumer sold PCs the last ~12 years, or so(the first consumer-grade PC goes all the way to 2005).
What's the big difference... well the 64-bit one has theoretical 4096 times the 32-bit's memory access(or so called "user mode address space"), but that, of course, comes with a lot of caveats. Just like the previous generational cap did.

The SCS v32.7 could probably work with a x86 weidu.exe, it would just be slower and other factors could also play their parts... like the fact that the SCS 32.7 assumes the larger memory space access, a fact that has already jammed a lot of BWP installs.

the first empty line is added by stratagems v32

The original file has the empty first line, but the SCS v32.6 and 32.7 component #5900 adds a SPACE -character to it.

Odd, doesn't mean it's bad, just whatever, a personal choice.

Edited by The Imp, 13 November 2019 - 07:39 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#143 ckoe

ckoe
  • Validating
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 10:00 AM

ckoe said:snapback.png

Did you notice ? stratagems v32 works (officially) only with a 64 bit weidu, and 2*32=64 ... OK, probably unrelated :-)

Well, it was an attempt to make a joke. Did not work.

Leonardo Watson doesn't have a 64-bit OS capable computer, which is odd as those are the main consumer sold PCs the last ~12 years, or so(the first consumer-grade PC goes all the way to 2005).

Or does not have a 64 bit OS ? Anyway, what I actually meant to offer was to run a test with a 32 bit weidu if that would make sense on my computer just to see if the bitness of the weidu would makes any difference. I might try anyway when testing the workaround, although the comment by new(Mike) is probably an indicator that it is hopeless to try 32bit weidu.

EDIT: Changed the first quote, originally had the wrong part of the post there. I did not figure fully out how the quoting system of this forum software works ...

Edited by ckoe, 13 November 2019 - 10:02 AM.

#144 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 14 November 2019 - 12:38 PM

Hi all:

I finally got my game (actually games) going.  There are lots of people to thank. Especially Leonardo for his hard work on BWP and helping us all with our questions.  DivideBy0 for the addresses of the mods.  I believe a lot of my problems were do to using incorrect spelling of a mod.  Using the correct mod names made the mods install correctly. kampfloloss for leading me to delete the "temp" file.  The Imp for helping me with my not so smart questions.

I have two games going.  They are almost identical except one has Vlad's Compilation and Never Ending Journey 3.  Both have about 250 mods.  I am only in CandleKeep and going through the chores.  Better than I have done in a long time.

Again, thanks to everyone for their help,

Tom

Oh well, my typos got me again.  Started having troubles.  I did search the individual.bat four times before I started the games, but that was not enough.  I found another typo.  I guess I should be thankful it was easy to find.

Tom

Edited by tomkaz, 14 November 2019 - 06:53 PM.

#145 ckoe

ckoe
  • Validating
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:22 AM

Hello Leonardo Watson !

I can confirm that the workaround in the BWP Installpack 18.2.5 is effective, I managed to install the minimally modded game which failed previously. I also tested the beginning of the tutorials in BG1 and BG2 and there were no problems. I attach the weidu.log. Thank you very much for your help !

I have an additional question: I would like to eventually switch the weapon proficiency system to IWD with the Tweaks Anthology component 2163. You explicitely warn against components 2161 and 2162 in connection with Jarls BGT Tweak Pack. I will not install  Jarls BGT Tweak Pack. Are you aware of any other potential incompatibilites ?

Best Regards

Attached Files

#146 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:01 AM

Hi All:

Started two new games this morning.  They were suppose to be identical but there are some differences I do not understand.

I am using an A78M-A and A78M-E motherboards.  The major difference is the A76M-A has four memory slots and the A78M-E has two memory slots.  They have the same AMD CPU.  They have the same Windows 7 PRO 64 bit OS.

The BGII - SoA files have identical program files.  BiG World Downloads has the identical 256 mods.  The individual.bat files are identical.

So how or why should the games install differently???

In the A78M-A computer, when installing the mods from BiG World Downloads to BGii - SoA, the BiG World Install.bat transfers four copies of MADEINHEAVEN_ITEM PACK-MASTER.ZIP to BGII - SoA.

In the A78M-E computer, The BiG World Install,bat copies DR8_HOTFIX from individual.bat to BGII - SoA.  Even though the line containing DB8_HOTFIX starts with REM.

I cannot be sure, but watching the games install appears to be doing the installations at different rates.

Has anyone with two computers ever notices this on their computers?

Tom

#147 DivideBy0

DivideBy0
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 11:11 AM

I cannot be sure, but watching the games install appears to be doing the installations at different rates.

That sounds very plausible (and probable): there are several factors that can affect the overall time required for the installation of such a gargantuan piece(s) of software - disk speed and fragmentation, ram and cpu frequency, other active background tasks, a resident antivirus, and so on. What's puzzling is that starting from two identical BWP sources and game installation directories you're obtaining a different final outcome.

Would you mind performing a complete 1:1 comparison of both your BWP mods archive and your BG1/BG2 installation directories on both computers (using for example an external disk)? There are several free utilities that can do it, I personally use FreeFileSync (it can perform a simple comparison without syncing).

Edited by DivideBy0, 15 November 2019 - 11:16 AM.

#148 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 12:13 PM

Has anyone with two computers ever notices this on their computers?

Like said, there are several factors, but there are also several random seeds that multiple mods use to randomize themselves, and their results may vary.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#149 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 16 November 2019 - 11:39 AM

Hi All:

I fixed my typos and mistakes.  Found BiG World Installpack v18.2.5.  Started two identical games according to my last games.

The Baldur's Gate each have the same 28 files.  The BGII - SoA each have the same 55 files.  The BiG World Downloads folders each had the same 255 mods. The individual.bat files were identical.  All set for my Game #23 and game #24.  What could go wrong.  I slipped up doing the cleanup and biffing on Game #23.  But that should not matter. That BGII - SoA folder had 972 files.  I did the cleanup and biffing on Game #24.  That BGII - SoA folder had 887 files.  Apparently that did matter.

Game #23 crashed in Candlekeep in the training area.  Then it crashed in the fight with Sarevok.  That was as far as that game would go.  Game #24 is great.  No problems at all.  I have been play it for six hours now and only got killed four times.  If Game #24 continues on this way for a week, I will post the WeiDU.log.

In the mean time, I forgot how to use the Bigg's spell books.  I would appreciate some help with this.

Now to do Game #23 again with cleanup and biffing to see it that really matters.

Thanks to all for their previous help.  Without the help, I still would be trying to fix a broken game instead of playing a working game.

Tom

#150 ckoe

ckoe
  • Validating
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 05:40 AM

Hello Tom and everyone !

It is very nice to hear that you are happy with the result now. I have one question you (or someone else) might be able to answer. I made a test with a bigger mod selection. Installation went fine (weidu.log attached). I started the game the in windowed mode because this particular windows 10 version and I have different ideas how screen resolution should work. Anyway, I can see the tobex console when starting the game. I see a lot of

DETOUR_CDerivedStats::DETOUR_GetStat(): nOpcode out of bounds (490; expected 1-400)

Instead of 490 varous other numbers above 400, e.g. 491, 470, appear. There was a second message about nOpcode out of bounds which scrolled away.

Do you see the same messages ? Should I worry about ? Googling the error turns up some very old posts only, I am not sure they still apply.

Best Regards

Attached Files

Edited by ckoe, 18 November 2019 - 05:40 AM.

#151 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 06:52 AM

Hello ... and everyone !

nOpcode ... 400 ...

This has to do with an EE mod being installed on a non-EE game. As you can see from these links, the non-EE stops at 351, while the EE one is 471.

It won't crash the game... but what ever the actions that were supposed to happen, won't.

Edited by The Imp, 18 November 2019 - 06:53 AM.

#152 ckoe

ckoe
  • Validating
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 08:02 AM

Hello ... and everyone !

nOpcode ... 400 ...

This has to do with an EE mod being installed on a non-EE game. As you can see from these links, the non-EE stops at 351, while the EE one is 471.

It won't crash the game... but what ever the actions that were supposed to happen, won't.

I even have a 490 which is not in the EE table :-)

What exactly constitutes an EE mod ? There are several mods in the list which support EE in principle or have components for EE, e.g. klatu or stratagems. Probably the only way to figure that out if I wanted to would be to test what happens if mods are left out ?

In any case thank you !

#153 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 10:03 AM

What exactly constitutes an EE mod ? There are several mods in the list which support EE in principle or have components for EE, e.g. klatu or stratagems. Probably the only way to figure that out if I wanted to would be to test what happens if mods are left out ?
Well, there are several mods that are modernized and as a result of a bad moding practice, have updated their content to include EE-only features in a non exclusive manner that by doing so, invalidate the entire mod from non-EE games. Partially this is due to easier to code, more tool options and so forth. And ignorance.
So rather than making it an EE mod, they have made it to be EE-ONLY mod. Or F-U BGT-weidu mod.
Several mod authors, SCS's included have said that they try to avoid EE only coding because of this. And he probably doesn't have the time to invest to all his available time to cheese stuff around.

Edited by The Imp, 18 November 2019 - 10:04 AM.

#154 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 18 November 2019 - 02:19 PM

Hi All:

I fixed my second BGT game.  It turns out it was all my fault.  When I installed my original BGII - SoA, I made a copy of the file.  I used the same copy many times to restart the game.  I did not pay any attention to the number of files (it should have been 55 in my game) but the number gradually increased because I was sloppy .  The other thing I did not check was Microsoft Security Essentials.  In turning it on and off, I failed to make sure it was turned off when I installed the game.  So I was careless and it meant I wasted a lot of time. Both games work OK now.  Now to try to add Vlad's mods.

I still need help with  The Bigg's spellbooks. I can Identify the spellbook, but I cannot use the spellbook.  When I try to use a spellbook all I get is the word "done".  If some one knows the secret, please let me know what it is.

Tom

#155 ckoe

ckoe
  • Validating
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 04:25 AM

Well, there are several mods that are modernized and as a result of a bad moding practice, have updated their content to include EE-only features in a non exclusive manner that by doing

I tested a setup which would be the bare minimum of mods to me, see attached weidu.log. Even with these I get the tobex console messages. So it appears there is nothing I can do about it. At some point I should actually start playing the game, maybe I discover what it is that does not work then :-)

Thank you so far !

Attached Files

#156 -Arthas-

-Arthas-

Posted 19 November 2019 - 09:56 AM

Hello,

1) Vlad's compilation has a "my compilation" component made of baldurash, third path, tortured souls.

With BWP, is it possible to install only third path without TS?

Thanks for the attention.

2) If I install Third path only, would you advise to also install baldurash? Or can I remove it from BWP installer?

Regards

Edited by Arthas, 28 November 2019 - 12:54 PM.

#157 ckoe

ckoe
  • Validating
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 05:52 AM

I'm sorry, I could not  resist.

I made another test, absolute minimal packages with stratagems v31. Already this gives an "nOpcode out of bounds", the lucky number this time is 408. Using the same bases packages with stratagems v32.6 on top complains at least about 452,469,470,490 and 491. The same base packages without either version of  stratagems do not show any tobex complaints in the console. So it appears that stratagems finally is an EE mod :-)

That it already happens with stratagems v31 would indicate that it really makes no sense to bother DavidW with it, I think that is what Jarno Mikkola implied ? Or should I open a thread over at G3 just in case ? Any recommendations ?

Attached Files

#158 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 26 November 2019 - 01:36 PM

Hi All:

My BGT game is going along.  Finished the Nashkel Mines and starting other activities in that area.

I had two crashes, but a simple reboot fixed each problem like it never happened.  I only had trouble with containers.  There are a lot in the game.  Probably too many.  I will cut down the containers in my next game.  As you know, the more containers you have, the slower the game movement.  I limited the containers to one of each kind and the movement is back to normal.  In case I missed something about containers,  is there a way to use more containers with out losing movement speed?   In Atweaks #502, you can adjust the number of items in the containers.  If you increase the amount the containers can have, does that affect the movement speed?

I wish you all well,

Tom

#159 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 01:59 PM

As you know, the more containers you have, the slower the game movement.  I limited the containers to one of each kind and the movement is back to normal.

This shouldn't really be the case... and yes, the megamodified game has way many.. and you'll never do anything with the items you just put into the bags anyways, so rather than looting, you might as well leave the items on the ground you can't pick up, aka gold and magic items, which you should sell as soon as you have the chance if you don't intend to use. So I would keep 1 bag of holding(with a capacity of 1000 items) and keep all the things there, and never pick up a normal armor/weapon.

And if you find a quest item, either return it immediately, or store it in a safe map area's container.

#160 semaj577

semaj577
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 02:51 PM

I had two crashes, but a simple reboot fixed each problem like it never happened.  I only had trouble with containers.  There are a lot in the game.  Probably too many.  I will cut down the containers in my next game.  As you know, the more containers you have, the slower the game movement.  I limited the containers to one of each kind and the movement is back to normal.  In case I missed something about containers,  is there a way to use more containers with out losing movement speed?   In Atweaks #502, you can adjust the number of items in the containers.  If you increase the amount the containers can have, does that affect the movement speed?

Not the amount "per se" of containers will slow down the game, the actual amount you are carrying, in that moment, will drop your fps. For example, if you drop your container in the ground -or some of them-, automatically your fps will rise. atweaks has a component than you can change the limit of the containers (all of them, no matter if is bag of holding, or gems, or potions, etc). If i remember correctly, in EE games the limit is 100 items per container, and since EE games are an "upgrade" of the classic bg series, i choose to limit the containers at no more than 200. Yes, you have to be very carefully chosing what to carry and what not. Sell items, or save them in trunks of inns (beregost, friendly arm, naskhel, the headquartes of the shadows thiefs, etc). A rule would be: the more the carry (in that moment) in containers, the less your fps.

Edited by semaj577, 26 November 2019 - 02:51 PM.