BWPv18.2 released

• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#121 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 05:39 AM

I found the reson why the trim_IDS.bat does not work for you. In the stats.ids some mod adds:
507 DW_POWER_UPGRADE4
508 DW_POWER_UPGRADE5
with a lot of emptylines at the end of the file that should not be there. Delete all the empty lines and the batch will work as intended.
It's not a fault of the batch but of the mod that adds those lines.

#122 new(Mike)

new(Mike)
  • 122 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 07:28 AM

perhaps this is not the reason

if i don't install stratagems 32.7, generalized_biffing can be installed

but there still are  a lot of emptylines at the end of Stats.ids

i have attached weidu.log and Stats.ids

i try to delete emptylines at the end of Stats.ids,but stats.IDS still become empty with stratagems 32.7

Attached Files

#123 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 07:34 AM

It's not a fault of the batch but of the mod that adds those lines.

Erhm... it's both's fault, as the .bat doesn't work with a file with a lots of empty lines. But does the game work without the trim_IDS.bat ...
It's rather a question of perspective.

but there still are a lot of emptylines at the end of Stats.ids

That's the whole point, it's SCS v32.7 that does this alteration that trips the trim_IDS.bat... at least so I assume.

Edited by The Imp, 08 November 2019 - 07:37 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#124 ckoe

ckoe
  • Validating
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 08:49 AM

You might want to consider that I have been seeing this exact problem with stratagems v32.6. This is nothing which happened in the version bump to v32.7.

Please check the stats.IDS.bak which I uploaded last week or so as proof of that.

EDIT: I attach now again the weidu.log and the (zipped) stats.IDS.bak from the near minimal install which was the most recent one for easier reference. The stats.IDS in override is 0 Byte long. This is with v32.6, if it is a stratagems change then it is reasonable to assume that the change in the changes tagged v32.6 or before

Attached Files

Edited by ckoe, 08 November 2019 - 09:00 AM.

#125 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 11:03 AM

Well, I edited the post in G3 to also note that the v32.6 contains the error, but the v31 doesn't.. like said, it's a little bit here, a little bit there. The fault.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#126 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 12:49 AM

Turns out my guess was premature. The reason are not the empty lines at the end. These are deleted automatically by my batch.
The true reason why the trim_IDS.bat does not work is a space that one mod adds to the first line that should only be an empty line. Without this space all works fine.

Edited by Leonardo Watson, 09 November 2019 - 12:51 AM.

#127 ckoe

ckoe
  • Validating
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 04:57 AM

Yet, the only difference in the two WeiDU.logs new(Mike) posted, i.e. in post number 122 and number 115, appears to be stratagems v32.7. My stats.IDS.bak with v32.6 has this white space also, see e.g. post 87, I did not explicitely check the most recent one. While I have been a bit undisciplined between tests, i.e. changing mod and component selections, I had no problems with v31.

If you would like to have something tested I can offer to try it. Maybe inserting a pause after each mod/ installation step (or even mod component) and, if necessary manually, saving stats.IDS for later inspection during every pause if you think that would be helpful ?  Or, that would be really easy now I think about it, I could grab the previous v32 minor versions including release candidates from github and give each of them a try ?

#128 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 05:56 AM

... if necessary manually, saving stats.IDS for later inspection during every pause if you think that would be helpful ? 

No need to do that... you can just --change-log the file and get all the files from their backups printed out to the folder that it makes.

#129 new(Mike)

new(Mike)
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 07:24 AM

@Leonardo Watson

thank you very much
after delete the first empty line,everything is ok, generalized_biffing is installed 
i think this empty line is added by stratagems 32.7/stratagems32.6

#130 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 09 November 2019 - 02:04 PM

Hi All:

As you can tell I am very frustrated.  So I spent three days getting some information about my megamod game, which is the 20th one I have tried with BGP v18.2.

I have found there is a difference between the mod versions between the version numbers in the installation instructions in BGP v18.2 and between the version numbers in the WeiDU.Log section of BGP v18.2.  I assume that if you use the incorrect mod version, the game could fail.

I have tried to follow the version numbers in WeiDU.log.  Since I have tried 20 games  with out a working game, I  have been making bad choices.  In order to get help, I have posted two files which show which mods I have been using and the version numbers of the mods I have been using.

In the list of mods, the mods I either had problems with or could not download are underlined with at least 25 stars.  In the file with mod versions there are several ways version numbers are referenced,  Three --- indicate no version number.  NA indicates the mod either is missing or it was the incorrect version.

I will now try to   post spoilers.

Spoiler

Spoiler

My apologies if I messed up the spoilers.

Any help in finding where to find the missing mods would be greatly appreciated,

Tom

#131 DivideBy0

DivideBy0
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 12:10 AM

Any help in finding where to find the missing mods would be greatly appreciated,

A few links:

Tower of Deception v4.0.1
https://github.com/I...owerOfDeception

Rukrakia v.08
http://www.shsforums...en/#entry605296

Boards of Magick Item Pack v2.0
https://sorcerers.ne...ar&download=yes

IWD Item Pack for BG2
http://www.shsforums...m-pack-for-bg2/

Unfinished Business for BG II v27rc1
https://github.com/A...siness/releases

The Longer Road 1.5.1
http://www.onlinefic...LongerRoad.html

Pickpocket Options v0.2
http://www.shsforums...-options/page-2

B!Tweaks Full Mod
https://forums.beamd...full-mod#latest
(it's actually the full version)

Thrown Hammers v6.0.1
https://github.com/S...a/ThrownHammers

Moinesse Ninja Fix b5
http://www.shsforums...esse-ninja-fix/

Edited by DivideBy0, 10 November 2019 - 12:21 AM.

#132 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 10 November 2019 - 08:55 AM

Hi DivideBy0:

Your response was terrific.  I had B!Tweaks Full Mod many years ago, but due to computer crashes I lost a lot of files.  I still have some 5 1/2 floppies and 3.5 disks.  I had USB drives for both, but have trouble finding them.  If I do find B!Tweaks Full Mod, I will try to get the author to post them again.

Thanks again,

Tom

#133 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 10 November 2019 - 12:45 PM

Hi All:

My very sincere apologies for messing up the second spoiler.  Although it was intended for the data to be "spaced" out from left to right, it ended up squashed from left to right.

The order from left to right of each line should be:

Mod ID            V# - my WeiDU.log             V# - BWP WeiDU.log            V# - BWP Installation Instructions

Again, my apologies,

Tom

Edited by tomkaz, 10 November 2019 - 12:48 PM.

#134 kampfkoloss

kampfkoloss
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 01:56 AM

Hey Tomkaz,

Do you still have the problem concerning the saves? Delete the temp file in your main Folder (BGII - SoA). Hopefully, this will work (^_^)!

#135 ckoe

ckoe
  • Validating
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 02:03 AM

... if necessary manually, saving stats.IDS for later inspection during every pause if you think that would be helpful ? 

No need to do that... you can just --change-log the file and get all the files from their backups printed out to the folder that it makes.

OK, I tried that. There was a "irregularity" in the sense that the change-log.bat after I added the filename did not work. I the just executed the Weidu command from the .bat by hand on the command line. This gives the files attached which were in the change-log folder. The STATS.00002.IDS appears to be the first one with the space ?

Let me know if I can do anything else.

EDIT: To clarify, I used a plain "stats.IDS" as the filename argument to the weidu command. So not override\stats.IDS or something.

Attached Files

Edited by ckoe, 11 November 2019 - 02:13 AM.

#136 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 05:55 AM

Hmm, is a little more complicated...
As even the tobex adds a space to the end of the file... aka it might not be SCS that does this. But the weidu -function that this originates from.

You are not supposed to use the override folder as a part of the file descriptive... you are not doing it to a file in the system, but to a file in the modified game, that has a history. As you are using weidu to see what it has done in the past.
The true reason why the trim_IDS.bat does not work is a space that one mod adds to the first line that should only be an empty line. Without this space all works fine.
Can you be a little more specific with your delusive description. About which mod does this.

Edited by The Imp, 11 November 2019 - 06:25 AM.

#137 ckoe

ckoe
  • Validating
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 06:30 AM

Hmm, is a little more complicated...
As even the tobex adds a space to the end of the file... aka it might not be SCS that does this. But the weidu -function that this originates from.

Sorry, but which file version are  you refering to ? I am asking because:

There are never (white)spaces (I can find) in the empty lines at the end of the file in any of the revisions. All I can see with a hex editor are "0D0A" (aka CR LF) sequences in these lines at the end of the file. Always. This is also true for the first empty line in STATS.00000.IDS and STATS.00001.IDS, it just is "0D0A".  Are you sure that  tobex does add a (white)space to any empty line on top of a "0D0A" ?

However, looking at the bytes at the start of the file I see:

1. STATS.00000.IDS: 0D 0A 31
  2. STATS.00001.IDS: 0D 0A 31
  3. STATS.00002.IDS: 20 0D 0A  <- This appears to be the offending whitespace (#20) CR (#0D) LF (#0A) sequence

I am not sure to which changelog entry STATS.00002.IDS belongs. And you are right, the "200D0A" sequence could be from some particular weidu call nothing else uses.

#138 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 08:53 AM

We were talking about a different things, you are talking about the SPACE character that's in STATS.00002.IDS -file... I am talking about the additional lines at the end of the file, as each iteration has different amout of them. ...000.2da to ...001.2da has a difference of 20 empty lines. The ...001.2da to ..002.2da has a difference of -18, and at least one number was moved to a later line. But it still has 2 empty lines at the end. ... and the last .ids has 5 empty lines( so additional +3).

PS, you can open the .2da files with Notepad and see the text... if it's in the override folder. If it's not, then you can open the in game files with Near Infinity or DLTCEP, to see them. And those allow you to export it, to view in other text based editors, like Notepad++.... which is what I use.. Or the WinMerge.

Edited by The Imp, 12 November 2019 - 11:56 AM.

#139 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 11:10 AM

I just added a few lines to the Installpack to fix the stats.ids issue. I don't know which mod causes the issue because it seems to be a mod that I don't have in my installation. All the other empty lines will be trimmed correctly by the Installpack no matter whether they are leading or tracking ones.

#140 ckoe

ckoe
  • Validating
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 04:58 AM

We were talking about a different things, you are talking about the SPACE character that's in STATS.00002.IDS -file... I am talking about the additional lines at the end of the file, as each iteration has different amout of them. ...000.2da to ...001.2da has a difference of 20 empty lines. The ...001.2da to ..002.2da has a difference of -18, and at least one number was moved to a later line. But it still has 2 empty lines at the end. ... and the last .ids has 5 empty lines( so additional +3).

Ah, I see. Sorry then !

I just added a few lines to the Installpack to fix the stats.ids issue. I don't know which mod causes the issue because it seems to be a mod that I don't have in my installation. All the other empty lines will be trimmed correctly by the Installpack no matter whether they are leading or tracking ones.

I will try it in the next few days and report back. Thank you !

If you need any further tests to find out if it is actually stratagems v32 (which is still my hypothesis) or related to a particular weidu version or bitness, as suggested by Jarno Mikkola if I understood his argument correctly,  please let me know. I assume it would be a good thing to understand and to fix the underlying issue (if any and if possible) instead of working around it.

Did you notice ? stratagems v32 works (officially) only with a 64 bit weidu, and 2*32=64 ... OK, probably unrelated :-) Or does it eventually still work with a 32 bit weidu for testing ?