Photo

Mod Updates?

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#101 Raistlin

Raistlin
  • 134 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 12:16 PM

It's getting pretty darn good now (imho), almost all new areas... even the familiar areas have been altered. Even more new dialog and some mini-quests, Quitch could probably give you an updated number of dialog words. We have nearly 300 files now that get installed and its about 70 MB. Don't want to spoil anything, of course... so I will just leave it at that. The old screenshots you might have seen are now pretty much obsolete. The work goes on.

That's good to know. At least it isn't sitting there decaying over time :P Keep in mind that we would rather have something than nothing though. While adding mini-quests and dialogue is nice, it doesn't do anyone much good if they never get their hands on it. You had everyone sold on this mod a long time ago, you don't really need to add more to it. We want what you said it would include initially: aren't expecting more ;)

#102 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 01:34 PM

"We want what you said it would include initially: aren't expecting more "
-Exactly. Other bonuses could be given later on.
But, since there is an old fact: a modder makes his OWN mod, and partially for himself... :D

Anyway, keep it going! ;)
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#103 Raistlin

Raistlin
  • 134 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 09:03 PM

But, since there is an old fact: a modder makes his OWN mod, and partially for himself... <_< :D

Ahhhhh! So that's what this is about, huh? Cuv doesn't want to part with it! Learn to say goodbye Cuv! You're going to have to let go one day. :D

#104 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 03:39 AM

I must admit that is part of why it is taking so long:( I will probably never make another mod this big... so want it to be the best possible. I will try to just wrap things up and get it released... then add more later or let someone else add to it:D Thank you for the interest.

Cuv

#105 Raistlin

Raistlin
  • 134 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 10:56 PM

Hehe, that's cool. I used to do it a bit with BG1. I did it completely for myself, not anyone else. Take as much time as you want. I'm just hoping it will be released sometime in the summer, or else there's a very good chance I may never get around to BG2 again.

#106 -Drasius-

-Drasius-

Posted 14 June 2004 - 09:05 PM

...We're hoping to get this mod done by July. Hoping.

Now, If we could just get the year pinned down, all would be well.

*Begs for an update, preferably one saying it's ready to go*

#107 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 01:15 AM

I believe I changed that to "late summer" in the "Why are you waiting?" thread. I think I can hit that.

#108 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 12:14 PM

Why is everyone gazing at me?
I am NOT the bottleneck, I swear! :D
(I mean, at the moment :P )

BTW, I've recently concluded the coding of a terrific dialogue.
Needs a few adjustment still, but it seems like another step ahead.
I don't know what else is happening ithrough ICQ, which I don't use...
Yet, I think we're all forgetting that this mod will need a long beta-testing phase.
The new NPC will also need some additional work sooner or later, I believe.

Ever forward, my darling wind...

#109 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 06:06 AM

Ssssssh, Littiz.

#110 -superisis-

-superisis-

Posted 18 June 2004 - 02:09 PM

I don't spend a lot of time brousing the net nowadays. School work has up until recently taken it's toll on my leisure time infront of my compuyter (besides it was broken for some time). However, now it is fixed, up and running. so I decided to check out these forums and lo and behold, we are still waiting for the awesome Return to the Windspear Hills mod. Well I'll check by in due time i suppose, I have time now (having graduated and all). I managed to get through highschool (three years) waiting so what is some more time eh... perfection has no deadline, or how was it? I hope that it will be ready before I begin college (don't worry, I'm taking a gap year so that'll give you circa 14 months). Just remember, we silent masses will be waiting. I've given up on many things (girlfriends, good grades, etc), but not on this. Keep up the good work, we all support you.

Johan

#111 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 02:10 AM

We're still trudging forward. I'm getting closer and closer to finishing, with, what... about four dialogues to go? Xyx has recently cracked a particularly troubling problem he's been having with the Infinity Engine, so another of his AI's just became rather more deadly...

Yep, it's looking good, we're close to the home straight. A few more dialogues, couple of AI scripts, some small touches (it's all in the details) and then we're in beta territory. Doubt we'll do summer though, since we need to beta test (final sweep of the dialogue, attempts to break or take advantage of the AI, voice over recording and editing, final music editing...). Nothing worse than the virgin experience being nothing more than a cross country bug run. However, I will promise you now that you will see the finished product this year.

Edited by Quitch, 07 July 2004 - 02:13 AM.

#112 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 02:28 AM

Xyx has recently cracked a particularly troubling problem he's been having with the Infinity Engine, so another of his AI's just became rather more deadly...

Is Xyx in the habit of sharing new innovations in AI these days? :)
Repeating cycle of pubes / no pubes.

A Comprehensive Listing of IE Mods

#113 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 02:46 AM

All I know is one of his rather more complex scripts kept encountering, as he called it, "wierdness". He's been at this one for ages, but he tells me that progress has now been made.

It's all dedicated to destroying the party.

The plans for the final boss AI are rather... nasty. It's all by the book though, and we're still keeping an eye our for Cuv trying to sneak in ghouls with 18 strength and things like that.

The upside of this delay is chances are more people have a CPU capable of not being destroyed by some of the stuff this mod does. My 1Ghz Thunderbird used to struggle at points (though I suspect those point's aren't quite as bad now).

Edited by Quitch, 07 July 2004 - 02:47 AM.

#114 -Drasius-

-Drasius-

Posted 08 July 2004 - 01:47 AM

However, I will promise you now that you will see the finished product this year.

OMGANDIWASLIKEWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Sorry 'bout that. The masses will hold you to that now(well, not really, but still...).

Thanks for the update Quitch, much appreciated.

#115 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 04:32 AM

Our previous dates were estimations on when we expected we'd be done, this one is a deadline that we intend to work to. If it can't be done for then, it will probably be cut.

#116 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 08:59 AM

At least one of my colleagues disagrees with my estimation, we'll just have to see.

#117 -Drasius-

-Drasius-

Posted 09 July 2004 - 03:21 AM

As long as progress is being made, then all is well.

#118 lennon

lennon
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 12:01 PM

The upside of this delay is chances are more people have a CPU capable of not being destroyed by some of the stuff this mod does.  My 1Ghz Thunderbird used to struggle at points (though I suspect those point's aren't quite as bad now).

Oooh Nooo! :o Have to buy new machines.

#119 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 12:23 PM

That was back in the days of massed creatures all doing the same thing. I don't know if it's as bad now, the AI has changed somewhat since then :)

Our AI scripts try to be processor friendly, we have cut-off points, "stasis" scripts to keep CPU usage down, etc.

Edited by Quitch, 14 July 2004 - 12:24 PM.

#120 Angryj

Angryj
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 02:37 PM

:mellow: Long time lurker, first time poster. I'll continue to be patient for this mod since I have some strange predisposition towards playing paladins ^_^
Death comes for us all. Are you ready?