What Happens When...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 08:00 PM

A cleric of Cyric takes the fourth trial in Throne of Bhaal?
I have been wondering this ever since I finished ToB and finally decided to see what happened.
The Thief/Cleric walked down the strairs calmly. He was always calm, not quite sure how one could not be calm when their god and their blood were as powerful as his were. And so he was calm and confident. The stairs were not long and in only a few moments he reached the bottom. At that point the Human looked around. Just as the previous challange rooms the place was twisted. It was also strangely comforting. The Human was tall and dressed in Black Dragon Scale, with silver bracers, and a purple cloak. His hair was black, and his silver eyes shone in the same way as light reflecting off his armguards. As he looked a man in clothes that shifted colors constantly appeared in the room.

"So my servant you have made it this far. You are nearing the end of your quest. And here is the part where I ask you, if you intend to turn on me and resume your dear dead dad's old job. And of course you will tell me no." He smiled. "Well,"

The Human knelt before his lord. "Death to all who oppose Cyric. Bow down before his supreme power, and yield to him the blood of those that do not believe in his supremacy. Fear and obey those in authority, but slay those that are weak, of good persuasion, or false prophets. Bring death to those that oppose Cyric's church or make peace, order, and laws, for only Cyric is the true authority. Break not into open rebellion, for marching armies move the false deities to action. Fell one foe at a time and keep all folk afraid, uneasy, and in constant strife. Any method or means is justified if it brings about the desired end."

"Yes, yes I suspected as much. And your answer is that you will not answer. Clever. Hmm. How about I give you a test. That is what these rooms are for. And even for Ao cannot blame me for furthering your 'education.' Perhaps we can see how you deal with my chosen. That would answer my question quite well. So how about it? Good luck" And with that he disappeared. Cyric's chosen would arrive after enough time for him to prepare a few things, but not enough to fully prepare for such a challange. He smiled wonderful. He would have to refuse to use Bhaal's help in this battle or Cyric would withdraw his favor from him. He began casting a spell. "Keja sa cekrd dnia, yht dra ypemedo du caa so ahaseac drnuikr yh rehtnyhla." As he finished the incantation for True Sight he wondered if the chosen would make it here before the spell failed. The chosen was said to be a powerful theif and enjoyed using potions of invisibility. Again the creature began moving his fingers in intricate designs. "Dra tayt crymm neca yht zueh sa. Vekrd vun sa so fynneunc." A small group of undead appeared around him. "Ihedat fa cdyht, tejetat fa vymm." And defensive harmony took effect. Calling upon Cyric's favor an Aerial Servant appared by his side. As he began his next spell the farthest skeleton fell.

The favored was seen around him. Ah indeed he was a trickster. Four thieves surrounded them one killing another skeloten. "Cdunsc uv vena, cdunsc uv mekrd. Pnehk sa jelduno duhekrd." His voice rang out as he continued the spell. A moment later flames fell from the sky and the skeletons who were not dead fell before him. His Aerial Servant attacked the nearest chosen who, already injured by the Bhaalspawn's undead servants, fell dead. That left three, all injured by the flames that fell from the sky. He began moving his finger once more as the three remaining chosen fought the Aerial Servant trying to make it through to him. One managed a to make a strike past it but it glanced off the priest's armor and he recieved a blow from it's servant. The spell's words shouted moments before the spell took effect. "Lonel'c jahkayhla kietac so ryht. Cdunsc femm nyka ylnucc dra myht." Acid rains poured on them as lightning flashed across what passed for sky in this abyssal realm. Another chosen fell dead leaving two. One disappeared and the Bhaalspawn was sure that he would feel his blade in a moment. "So vyedr ec so ynsun." He said and armor of faith surrounded him. He felt the blade pierce through his armor and winced as it stuck through him. He almost failed the test and very nearly unleashed Bhaal's fury upon him in that moment. But he controlled it and smiled. Placing his silver bracer over it he brought it down smashing the sword's hilt into the chosen's stomach. The other one was charging forward and swung his sword, aiming for the creature's neck. It ducked and his sword slashed across the other chosen's neck, and he collapsed. The Bhaalspawn was now dearly injured but kept going. He punched the man in front of him and reached behind him. Drawing the long sword from his back, he swung it and decapitated the final chosen. He looked down at the sword. Razor's Edge was inscried on the hilt. It was Cyric's favored weapon. He sheathed it as he heard his god's voice. "Well done. You've passed."
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan