Photo

AR9200 Bug

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 grogerson

grogerson
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 05:26 AM

I've just finished the Cloakwood mines and have travelled to Ulgoth's Beard. I've found no game-breaker bugs, and only one minor one. In the area of the shipwreck are three sirines in the southwest corner. I came upon them from the northwest, two went hostile and attacked but the third remained neutral and did nothing. She can be killed without penalty. Her location is 858, 3544.

Another minor thing I noted is combats around fire pits. There's no fire in the pit until combat is over, then it ignites... :whistling: I've yet to determine if it's because I've configured the game on 3D graphics, 1PP graphics, or something else.

Nothing else so far. :P

Way to go, Ascension64! :cheers:

#2 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 27 March 2006 - 07:00 AM

Yup...I had the same problem with that 3rd sirine...but I couldn't remember where it was :P

...damn login...Promilus here :P

#3 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 07:27 AM

One more thing...
Shoal the Nereid and the Ogre. She became hostile, kills my party member, then shouts "Don't shoot", but when resurrecting the party member she becomes hostile again.
I kill her, the Ogre comes telling some "You've killed my pet, blah, blah, blah" and instead of attacking me he is neutral.
It can be not the BGT bug as I have a lot of other mods installed with BP beta, but anyway, just check this issue please.

#4 Thauron

Thauron
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 12:04 PM

That's weird Scud, I haven't been that far with 1.00 but in ZETA that encounter worked just fine.

#5 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 27 March 2006 - 10:40 PM

Yup...in ZETA it was almost all ok (they were situations where NPCs started dialogues as hostiles while they shouldn't but it was fixed).
I cleared Nashkel Mines...and now exploring Sword Coast. Met only those 2 bugs so far.

~Promilus :P

#6 Kamui2040

Kamui2040
  • 113 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 02:30 AM

I can comfirm both bugs because i've encountered them too.

#7 -Erik-

-Erik-

Posted 07 April 2006 - 05:08 PM

For what it's worth: Shoal and the ogre worked just as intended for me, with bgt 1.00 and no bp.

Perhaps a leftover acid arrow or poison effect turned her hostile again for you? Just a thought.

#8 rebelst

rebelst
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 01:28 PM

I think the problem is with the new AI scripts from BP (BPWTSIGT.BCS). I haven't really looked into it, but it seems to reset Shoal to enemy after she goes neutral. Quick-fix is to fireup NearInfinity and remove BPWTSIGT.BCS from the Default script in SHOAL.CRE. Tenya, at BGate bridge, also has the same problem.

#9 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 02:50 AM

I think the problem is with the new AI scripts from BP (BPWTSIGT.BCS). I haven't really looked into it, but it seems to reset Shoal to enemy after she goes neutral. Quick-fix is to fireup NearInfinity and remove BPWTSIGT.BCS from the Default script in SHOAL.CRE. Tenya, at BGate bridge, also has the same problem.

This is possible; I've found other instances where the simplistic in-game scripts somehow made things work better. This is something to correct on a per case basis, from BP's tp2 file. The only other option is to not use BP, and use the simplistic in-game scripts for everybody. (Probably not your choice, either).

I believe it is this block causing it:

IF
  !Allegiance(Myself,ENEMY)
  !Allegiance(Myself,PC)
  OR(2)
	AttackedBy([GOODCUTOFF],DEFAULT)
	Allegiance(LastAttackerOf(Myself),GOODCUTOFF)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
	Shout(151)
	Enemy()
	Continue()
END

For the meantime, do not remove the script entirely. Instead, replace it with its original script (WTASIGHT in this case).

EDIT: I have accounted for this instance in the tp2 file for BPv177. The report about Drizzt's Gnolls turned out to be a false alarm. :)

Edited by horred the plague, 10 April 2006 - 02:57 AM.

#10 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 01:12 PM

The same problem with Tenya in area with Baldur's Gate bridge. She just keep being hostile, even after I have replaced the script to WTASIGHT.
Any ideas?

#11 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 04:53 AM

The same problem with Tenya in area with Baldur's Gate bridge. She just keep being hostile, even after I have replaced the script to WTASIGHT.
Any ideas?

Combing through the in-game scripts and dialogs, I cannot see any provisions to turn her back from ENEMY to NEUTRAL. How this even worked in the first place, I cannot say. I'm advising some reworking of TENYA and TENYA2 dialog files. Or, perhaps, the following script addition will suffice:

TENYA.bcs

IF
HitBy([PC],CRUSHING)
GlobalLT("TenyaHit","GLOBAL",2)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("TenyaHit","GLOBAL",1)
ChangeEnemyAlly(Myself,NEUTRAL) // Add this line to the script
Dialog([PC])
END

Try this out, and see if it works properly now.

#12 Psykotik

Psykotik
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 11:43 AM

I got 6 sirines instead of 3. When approaching from east, one of them (Natalka) turn hostile BEFORE Lamalha talk to me.

Lastly, as everyone has experienced, Elka doesn't turn hostile; but I don't have applied the horred's fix, I know nothing about scripting :)

#13 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 03:24 AM

Lastly, as everyone has experienced, Elka doesn't turn hostile; but I don't have applied the horred's fix, I know nothing about scripting :)

The only Elka I know of is the one down in the area you come out of from the Naskel mines (part of a group looking for you). Is there another one or is this whom you are talking about.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#14 Psykotik

Psykotik
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 05:16 AM

The only Elka I know of is the one down in the area you come out of from the Naskel mines (part of a group looking for you). Is there another one or is this whom you are talking about.

Sorry, I read too quickly what grogerson wrote : "I've just finished the Cloakwood mines and have travelled to Ulgoth's Beard. " It looks like I missed the second part of the sentence :blink:

So, you're absolutely right, it is indeed the area after finishing the Nashkel mines.

#15 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 04:30 AM

Elka doesn't exist in BGT proper (I just checked for a post in the BP-BGT forums). This must be a DSotSC addition.

I've also come up with an actual fix for the scripts, that will keep them from remaking enemies out of those surrendering BG1 creatures:

IF
  Global("BP_Enemy","LOCALS",0)
  !Allegiance(Myself,PC)
  OR(2)
	AttackedBy([GOODCUTOFF],DEFAULT)
	Allegiance(LastAttackerOf(Myself),GOODCUTOFF)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
	SetGlobal("BP_Enemy","LOCALS",1)
	Enemy()
	Shout(151)
END

IF
  Global("BP_Enemy","LOCALS",0)
  !Allegiance(Myself,GOODCUTOFF)
  OR(2)
	HitBy([GOODCUTOFF],CRUSHING)
	Allegiance(LastHitter(Myself),GOODCUTOFF)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
	SetGlobal("BP_Enemy","LOCALS",1)
	Shout(151)
	Enemy()
END

So these creatures can also enjoy BP's AI, and not get screwed for it. All scripts in BP using this block (all of them, pretty much) will have to be changed in the next version. Which is fine; I was overhauling them all for BPv177 anyways. You (the end user) can probably just change a few (the "BPWxxxx" series) for now, if you choose to go this way.

Edited by horred the plague, 16 May 2006 - 04:39 AM.

#16 Tyrion

Tyrion
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 10:58 PM

In my game also one of three sirines didn`t turn hositle , but ogre and his slave-sirene worked withous any bugs.