• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 03:03 PM

I'm beginning a fresh heavily modded game, and thought I'd post a thread to try and track/destroy any bugs that arise. Attached is my WeiDU log, and yes, I'm quite certain some components will be deemed disapproved of, however, I think I can work it through and hopefully it will remain stable.

**Edited to upload finalized WeiDU log after testing and updated NEJ Patches.**

Attached Files

Edited by erebusant, 14 January 2008 - 09:02 PM.

It takes a village...

#2 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 05:56 PM

~SETUP-VAULT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Vault Item Pack v5.1 (Modified for BGT Compatibility)

Is this public? What version (5, 4.1r) is it based on?

~SETUP-SCSBGT.TP2~ #0 #22 // Better calls for help

Is this the current way to get around the problem of the SETUP-SCS.TP2 component preventing leaving party dialogues from being set?

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#3 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 06:43 PM

I got questions more than recommendations:

~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ ...
~SETUP-NEJ2V692.TP2~ ...

So you're gonna try to make this work? Is that why this

~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core 1.05a

is installed beforehand?

~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Improved Sahuagin City
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #4 // Improved Bodhi
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #5 // Improved Irenicus

Should these go after BP, so as to override it?

~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tower Of Deception Mod (Requires Throne Of Bhaal)
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Astral Shard Guardian

Am very interested to know you opinion on this when you finish it.

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~

Double-check aVENGER's compat thread for more info. :)

~SETUP-SCRIPTABLE_SPELLS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Scriptable Spells v1.4

I think this is not needed; included in one of the other mods??

#4 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 07:30 PM

~SETUP-VAULT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Vault Item Pack v5.1 (Modified for BGT Compatibility)

Is this public? What version (5, 4.1r) is it based on?
This is a personally modded version which is not public that I modified to patch rather than overwrite. It's based on v5.0. Reminds me, I need to contact cmorgan about this again as he was assisting with an updated dialog fix file that is far, far less clunky than my lame attempts at dialog files.

~SETUP-SCSBGT.TP2~ #0 #22 // Better calls for help

Is this the current way to get around the problem of the SETUP-SCS.TP2 component preventing leaving party dialogues from being set?

I ran a test with SCS v7 installed in place of SCSBGT. With SCS "Better Calls" installed the NPC Management from both SCS v7 and SCSBGT failed to work properly. With all SCS v7 installed with the exception of "Better Calls" and the SCSBGT "Better Calls" installed both the SCS and the SCSBGT NPC Management function properly.

Edited by erebusant, 21 November 2007 - 07:31 PM.

It takes a village...

#5 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 07:44 PM

I got questions more than recommendations:

~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ ...
~SETUP-NEJ2V692.TP2~ ...

So you're gonna try to make this work? Is that why this

~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core 1.05a

is installed beforehand? Partially, and partially because I ALWAYS place BGT 1st after Fixpack in a Mega-Install. Realistically, as everything is WeiDU, it shouldn't matter the order, however NEJ is designed to work with BGT and we'll see how things react using only mods that patch rather than overwrite.

~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Improved Sahuagin City
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #4 // Improved Bodhi
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #5 // Improved Irenicus

Should these go after BP, so as to override it? I like the Tactics Sahuagins, and that part only patches. Irenicus has always been not in conflict with BP (as per Horred) and BP has so completely defiled, and corrupted Bodhi that I have her commented out in my BP install.

~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tower Of Deception Mod (Requires Throne Of Bhaal)
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Astral Shard Guardian

Am very interested to know you opinion on this when you finish it. Will do.

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~

Double-check aVENGER's compat thread for more info. :)

~SETUP-SCRIPTABLE_SPELLS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Scriptable Spells v1.4

I think this is not needed; included in one of the other mods?? I think SCS II does the same thing.

Edited by erebusant, 21 November 2007 - 07:45 PM.

It takes a village...

#6 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 21 November 2007 - 10:47 PM

Scriptable Spells 1.4 is included in the BG2 Fixpack.

http://forums.gibber...showtopic=12283

#7 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 11:01 PM

This:
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #8 // Shadow Thief Improvements

and this:

~SETUP-CTB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Check The Bodies, v1.9

don't work together if you side with Bodhi in Chapter 2. I don't think there will be any issues if you side with Aran though.

Anyway, I'm going to try and resolve this incompatibility in the future, but I'd have to actually play the game in order to get the relevant info. Unfortunately, I simply don't have the time to do that ATM. For now, just skip STI if you intend to use CtB.

#8 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 09:49 PM

Interesting. I was experiencing a CTD when trying enter AR7102 to meet with Thalantyr. Problem turned out to be from Vault, specifically patching Thalantyr with the following line of code:
// REPLACE_TEXTUALLY CASE_INSENSITIVE EXACT_MATCH ~staf01~ ~staftha~
When I commented out this line and re-installed the CTD was removed. Two things regarding this. 1st, I've played Vault mod before without having this CTD issue, and 2nd, after re-installing without patching this item into the Thalan.cre, I manually patched it into Thalan.cre using NI and tried again with no CTD. Anyone have any idea why this might be?

Edited by erebusant, 22 November 2007 - 09:51 PM.

It takes a village...

#9 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 10:46 PM

Interesting. I was experiencing a CTD when trying enter AR7102 to meet with Thalantyr. Problem turned out to be from Vault, specifically patching Thalantyr with the following line of code:

When I commented out this line and re-installed the CTD was removed. Two things regarding this. 1st, I've played Vault mod before without having this CTD issue, and 2nd, after re-installing without patching this item into the Thalan.cre, I manually patched it into Thalan.cre using NI and tried again with no CTD. Anyone have any idea why this might be?

'staf01' has 6 chars whereas 'staftha' has 7 chars --> corrupted file. I would make some more intelligent code that uses WRITE_ASCII. There are some examples of item replacements in both BGT and BGTTweak. If you need, I can post a script block here for you.

Edited by Ascension64, 22 November 2007 - 10:48 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#10 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 11:34 PM

'staf01' has 6 chars whereas 'staftha' has 7 chars --> corrupted file. I would make some more intelligent code that uses WRITE_ASCII.

Or, depending on what he's doing, REPLACE_CRE_ITEM or ADD_STORE_ITEM (not sure if there's a REPLACE_STORE_ITEM but if there isn't, there should be an easy workaround I'd guess).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#11 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 12:18 AM

'staf01' has 6 chars whereas 'staftha' has 7 chars --> corrupted file. I would make some more intelligent code that uses WRITE_ASCII.

Or, depending on what he's doing, REPLACE_CRE_ITEM or ADD_STORE_ITEM (not sure if there's a REPLACE_STORE_ITEM but if there isn't, there should be an easy workaround I'd guess).

Here's the entire code block for Thalantyr.

COPY_EXISTING ~thalan.cre~ ~override~

PATCH_IF (SOURCE_SIZE > 0x2d3) THEN BEGIN // protects against invalid files

WRITE_SHORT 0x14 6000 // XP Value

WRITE_SHORT 0x1c 881 // GP

WRITE_SHORT 0x24 74 // Current HP

WRITE_SHORT 0x26 74 // Max HP

WRITE_BYTE 0x52 ~12~ // THAC0

WRITE_BYTE 0x23a 19 // Intelligence

WRITE_BYTE 0x242 0 // Morale Recovery

ADD_CRE_ITEM ~POTNGR8R~ #3 #0 #0 ~NONE~ ~QItem3~ // Put Potions in Quick Slot 3

END

BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

What is strange is the staff name of the replacement has 7 characters and has always worked before. Also it works manually doing it.

It takes a village...

#12 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 04:19 AM

You are adding one byte to the entire file, which will play nasty tricks on your item slots. It is definitely safer to replace that offending line with something like:
REPLACE_CRE_ITEM ~STAFTHA~ #0 #0 #0 NONE WEAPON1 EQUIP

--------------
Retired Modder

#13 manwe858

manwe858
  • 139 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 04:56 PM

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #4 // Tougher Illasera (optional, requires ToB)

^Thought that was incompat if installed after BGT, has it been fixed?

Also, does BG1NPC need to be uninstalled before Shadows of Amn or anything for that matter? Would it be better to install these last so as to reduce the wait time for uninstall of all components and then reinstall?
Thanks

From what I've read of SCS and SCSII both say that Quest Pack should be installed before SCS and SCS II, in your installation SCS is before D0Quest Pack, would there be any problems with this?

Edited by manwe858, 23 November 2007 - 05:07 PM.

#14 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 05:05 PM

Also, does BG1NPC need to be uninstalled before Shadows of Amn or anything for that matter?

No, just leave it there.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#15 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 07:42 PM

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #4 // Tougher Illasera (optional, requires ToB)

^Thought that was incompat if installed after BGT, has it been fixed? Everything I've installed has been modified if needed to patch rather than overwrite. We'll see if any other issues come up.

Also, does BG1NPC need to be uninstalled before Shadows of Amn or anything for that matter? Would it be better to install these last so as to reduce the wait time for uninstall of all components and then reinstall?
Thanks

From what I've read of SCS and SCSII both say that Quest Pack should be installed before SCS and SCS II, in your installation SCS is before D0Quest Pack, would there be any problems with this? I've not installed Questpack AI component, which I believe was the issue.

It takes a village...

#16 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 07:47 PM

Interesting area stutter issue. Ran into an area stutter in AR3498. Was acting exactly as if there were a bunch of ogre mages or something like that running around with some massive scripts running, however there were none. Cleaned the area out and still had the problem. Turned off weather and ambient sounds which did not help. Seems to be area specific. All other areas seem to function normally.
*** Edit. Found the problem. Ambient sound wasn'r all the way down, just 1 tick up, and it was causing the stutter. Any idea if this would be just 1 ambient that's causing the issue, or a combination of them?***

Edited by erebusant, 23 November 2007 - 09:13 PM.

It takes a village...

#17 manwe858

manwe858
  • 139 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 08:13 PM

Hi,

The readme file states that BG 1 Unfinished Business is not compatible with BGT or BG1TuTu. Could this be a potential problem? I'm very interested since I am starting a large installation of my own also.

Thanks.

#18 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 08:36 PM

Use this version.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#19 manwe858

manwe858
  • 139 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 08:38 PM

Use this version.

Thanks a bunch

#20 manwe858

manwe858
  • 139 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 08:43 PM

I noticed two of the same type of mods:

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #30 // The BG1 NPC Project: Sarevok's Diary Adjustments -> SixofSpades Extended Sarevok's Diary
and
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #27 // Sarevok's Diary Corrections

Anything gonna happen here?