[Release] BGT Tweak Pack

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 09:38 AM

The BGT-WeiDU Tweak Pack has finally been updated to version 7! This update boasts five new components (Disable hostile reaction after charm, Exotic weapons for Taerom, Item BG1-ification, Protagonist's biography modifications, and Restore BG2 XP bonus for traps, locks, and scrolls) and one new sub-component (Make armor and shields shatter). Additionally, two components have been deprecated since they are now handled by BG1 Unfinished Business (Angelo notices Shar-teel, Finishable Kagain Quest), and two components have been renamed (Add Semaj's Cloak and Upgraded Koveras' Ring of Protection, Altered Item Shattering).

Get it from the usual places: http://www.shsforums...showtopic=23549.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#2 Bloodtitan

Bloodtitan
  • 406 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 10:27 AM

sounds nice, especially since manually editing the xpbonus.2da didn't work properly :)
can we install this over a completed megamodification or is it reserved for new installations only ?

#3 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 12:37 PM

http://www.shsforums...pic=16160&st=20 - Unofficial "forum" for Lost Items?

#4 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 28 December 2007 - 01:06 PM

Thanks for this update, Ascension64! :cheers:

As a small note, the ReadMe still introduces the two components you say you deprecated (Angelo notices Shar-teel, Finishable Kagain Quest).

Edited by Salk, 28 December 2007 - 01:11 PM.

#5 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 05:47 PM

sounds nice, especially since manually editing the xpbonus.2da didn't work properly :)
can we install this over a completed megamodification or is it reserved for new installations only ?

Should be alright fo existing mega-modification. BGT Tweak Pack should go near the end anyway, since you might want to remove a few components when you get to BG2. Having said that, a few components might require you to start new games.

As a small note, the ReadMe still introduces the two components you say you deprecated (Angelo notices Shar-teel, Finishable Kagain Quest).

Yeah, oops. There is a bunch of English text in all languages that need fixing up, anyway. Christmas rush, I suppose.

Did you mean for this go in the Comments on BGT Mod List thread? Anyway, Lost Items has a bigger discussion thread, on my version, over at G3.

Edited by Ascension64, 28 December 2007 - 06:08 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#6 bigmoshi

bigmoshi
  • Modder
  • 230 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 06:59 PM

Nevertheless, another wonderful job again!

PS: You are working too hard man! I gotta update my blog again :P

"[You are] the foe of my foe, friend of my friend, by the first sapling that rose where Shilmista now stands, and by the shadow it will cast before all things will end, I swear to give my blood for you." - Kivan when we meet Imanel Silversword.

bigmoshiteam2.jpg

@ SMM Auto DL / Auto-Installer / Manual Install / Walkthru - based on Erebusant's installation @
@ Infinity Explorer v0.85 (Some fixes for v0.75/v0.80) @
@ Future of MegaMods? - Working with Mega-Modification Installations - by Ascension64 @

#7 cola

cola
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 11:16 AM

Hi, Ascension64!

This simplified Chinese edition has the mistake
Question in prompts.tra and setup.tra
Has the additive device
Can cause to install the defeat

I have solved the problem
So long as appendix prompts.tra and setup.tra
Covers covers the original file on OK

I also renewed the simplified Chinese translation
And increased the traditional Chinese translation
Please search and collect :cheers:
(Sees appendix BGTTweak_v7-GBK&Big5.zip)

Attached Files

Edited by cola, 30 December 2007 - 11:22 AM.

#8 cola

cola
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 11:18 AM

This building unnecessary
Please help me to delete, thanks :ph34r:

Edited by cola, 30 December 2007 - 11:21 AM.

#9 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 11:28 AM

Did you mean for this go in the Comments on BGT Mod List thread? Anyway, Lost Items has a bigger discussion thread, on my version, over at G3.

Oh, okay. I didn't know there was a forum for it already, so I withdraw my link.

#10 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 04:43 PM

Oh, okay. I didn't know there was a forum for it already, so I withdraw my link.

That's alright. Anyway, the discussion thread over at G3 is a topic and not really a forum as such. Whenever Miloch gets around to revising it, I'm sure I'll link to Miloch's Swamp of Mods or something (no offense intended, Miloch). :)

This building unnecessary
Please help me to delete, thanks

Do you mean you just want me to get rid of the double-post, or something else?

--------------
Retired Modder

#11 cola

cola
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 06:36 PM

NO
Is Deletion Post #8 and Post #11

My English is not certainly good. :unsure:
All is looks up with the dictionary.

Possibly can let you understand,Sorry.

#12 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 08:09 PM

NO
Is Deletion Post #8 and Post #11

My English is not certainly good. :unsure:
All is looks up with the dictionary.

Possibly can let you understand,Sorry.

OK, perhaps the best thing to do is just to leave everything here. No harm in that.

Edited by Ascension64, 30 December 2007 - 08:09 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder

#13 Styphelus

Styphelus
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 03:40 PM

How does the the Import all NPCs into Shadow of Amn part work?

I mean, how will the NPCs react when you find them? And are they joinable NPCs in Sahdows of Amn? What about the dialog?

Some more info on what this component actually does would be appreciated.

#14 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 05:48 PM

How does the the Import all NPCs into Shadow of Amn part work?

I mean, how will the NPCs react when you find them? And are they joinable NPCs in Sahdows of Amn? What about the dialog?

Some more info on what this component actually does would be appreciated.

All it does is move them to areas in BG2, as long as they're not dead. I forget now but I think only the ones you've met will be moved.
It doesn't add any extra dialogue or quests, etc. so just rejoin with them by talking.

#15 Taimon

Taimon
  • 387 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 06:09 PM

Thanks for your hard work, Ascension64!

One idea concerning Item BG1-ification:
What about spliting this up into several parts?
For example, I would really like to install the "cast at level" scroll fixes, but not the other stuff.
(In fact, I did copy this part of your code and made a separate modification for myself, because I found LV10 Magic Missile is way to powerful in the beginning.)

Edited by Taimon, 19 January 2008 - 06:13 PM.

#16 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 07:08 PM

Thanks for your hard work, Ascension64!

One idea concerning Item BG1-ification:
What about spliting this up into several parts?
For example, I would really like to install the "cast at level" scroll fixes, but not the other stuff.
(In fact, I did copy this part of your code and made a separate modification for myself, because I found LV10 Magic Missile is way to powerful in the beginning.)

Yep, I could do that. The interesting thing with the 'cast at level' scroll fixes is that the BG1 levels are all wrong (according to Dudley, which accords to the AD&D core handbook or something like that).

--------------
Retired Modder

#17 Taimon

Taimon
  • 387 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 07:24 PM

Well, I guess it was difficult (for Bioware) to find some balance here.

BTW, what are the correct values? (just give me an example)

#18 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 08:05 PM

Well, I guess it was difficult (for Bioware) to find some balance here.

BTW, what are the correct values? (just give me an example)

Check out all the bits that say "casting level should be..." at http://www.forgotten...g1_spells_3.htm.

--------------
Retired Modder

#19 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 05:28 AM

Whenever Miloch gets around to revising it, I'm sure I'll link to Miloch's Swamp of Mods or something (no offense intended, Miloch). :)

Eh, yeah. None taken. I know I have a lot to do. I just have very little time in which to do it, sigh :(.

But to add to your Swamp, how about making a Tutu and/or BG2 version of this tweak pack? For the bits that aren't completely specific to BGT, of course.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle