• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 10:52 PM

Posted Image
#27 Challenge:
Hate
Deadline: Friday, 8th February
Post your piece in this topic!

Hey all! I'm filling in for the lovely and talented Ilmatar, who is busy today. :cheers:

So onto today's topic! Whether it be the classic enmity between Edwin and Dynaheir or the racial prejudice between elves and orcs, illustrate the hatred our favourite characters bear!

You have two weeks and the style is anything you'd like, as always. As long as it's original, of course! And most importantly, have fun!

Don't forget that we also have our Art Contest running now-- only a few more days to enter, so get your entries in now!

#2 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 07:40 AM

Big thanks to Liam for filling in for me. :) Let's see if Hate is as popular as Love. ;)

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#3 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 12:56 PM

I have already explored this subject in an earlier challenge, but if I say "Mary Sue", I think most of you will understand.

hate.gif

also for my own safety i feel i should point out that the decapitated elf depicted is not supposed to be xan. no enchanters were harmed in the making of this image.

#4 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 12:58 PM

You mean, I don't get to add this to Xan Fan Fiction and Fan Art?

#5 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 02:42 PM

You can now.

hate2.gif

Edited by vilkacis, 26 January 2008 - 02:50 PM.

#6 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 12:15 AM

Hey, thanks. :)

#7 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 12:49 AM

I may produce and submit something. Apologies in advance.

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#8 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 02:31 AM

This one features my NPC "*AR*-*KA*-*LI*-*AN*", in character.

dontcallmekali.jpg

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#9 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 02:49 AM

:lol: Tough being popular.

Hint hint at Hinduism (thanks CC) and other things I'll leave to Azzy to explain. :D

@vilkacis: ...second one Xan beware? :)

:whistling: *shuffles off to the side*

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#10 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 02:53 AM

[Saving exposition for later)

Edited by Azkyroth, 27 January 2008 - 04:23 AM.

#11 Azri

Azri
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 07:47 AM

Vilkacis - that's bloody cute :D
Azkyroth - haha! the horror of being a Bhaalspawn X3

Hate, I guess. But it could go under the label of 'love' just as easily...

Posted Image

Anyways, I've always sort of hated Elessime...don't know why :P

Edited by Azri, 27 January 2008 - 07:49 AM.

#12 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 07:59 AM

Oh, Azri, that's lovely. // wanders off to have a look at Azri's gallery...

Her hair looks sort of tentacl-ish. :)

#13 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 09:06 AM

This one features my NPC "*AR*-*KA*-*LI*-*AN*", in character.

dontcallmekali.jpg

Hmmm, that's Korgan, Imoen, Jan, Minsc (and Boo), and at the bottom Anomen, right?

Oh, and that's lovely, Azti! :o What kind of techniques do you use to get it to look like that?

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Edited by Jazhara7, 27 January 2008 - 09:07 AM.

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!
(proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#14 Deathsies

Deathsies
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 09:39 AM

I was thinking of doing something between Irenicus and the Bhaalspawn, but another idea has popped into my head... (Sighs) I don't think that I can ever possibly have my favorite mod NPC's in this subject, but I'll either have to pretend or go to my not so faves. Eh... Poor Shayde... Or maybe Raven, depending on which Bhaalspawn I decide to harrass. :rolleyes:

#15 Leila

Leila
  • 146 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 11:17 AM

What I hate about BG2: Fanservice.

Posted Image

I was going to do a whole thing of all the women's armour types, but I got lazy and just did the mage robes.
It always bothered me that the men and nobility/commoners could look conservative/practical/etc., and I got to look like I just came out of the brothel.

#16 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 12:17 PM

Hate, I guess. But it could go under the label of 'love' just as easily...

Anyways, I've always sort of hated Elessime...don't know why :P

Azri, I absolutely must know what are you using to paint your images! I must know!

And yeah, Elessime deserves a gruesome death. Which also reminds me that her I hated most in the game.
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#17 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 12:21 PM

Azri, I absolutely must know what are you using to paint your images! I must know!

Water colors, I think? A beautiful, kind of unique technique. :)

Ooooh this challenge is clearly going to be fun too. :D Leila - I'm so there with you. Wonderful idea, beautiful drawing. BG is doing pretty good with female outfits, but if this was a WoW challenge... well, you can all guess that I would be illustrating angry women hacking those stupid bikini armor to tiny pieces using the severed off heads of the game illustrators that started it all as weapons.

Ooooooh what a warming thought. :devil:

Edited by Ilmatar, 27 January 2008 - 12:22 PM.

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#18 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 03:24 PM

Azkyroth - haha! the horror of being a Bhaalspawn X3

Not exactly; Arkalian isn't a Bhaalspawn, she just hates being called "Kali." Needless to say, everyone who it's in-character for does it. Chronically. ...even the mod code. O.o

Hmmm, that's Korgan, Imoen, Jan, Minsc (and Boo), and at the bottom Anomen, right?

My PC at the bottom, actually. The rest are right, though. ^.^

#19 Isilven

Isilven

DANNY TREJO, DUKE OF THE WESTERN LOWLANDS

• 1236 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 03:56 PM

Not exactly; Arkalian isn't a Bhaalspawn, she just hates being called "Kali." Needless to say, everyone who it's in-character for does it. Chronically. ...even the mod code. O.o

Her voice actress even says it >.>

hlyeo.jpg

Inkosazana

"You just want them to be your panties, you dirty little girl!" -Ilmatar and Kellen
"Endure. In enduring, grow strong." -The Third Circle of Zerthimon

#20 Azri

Azri
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 06:03 PM

Azkyroth - oops sorry, my bad X3..

Jazhara & Orthodoxia - Thank you :3 I generally use watercolor pencils to color my pics and colored pencils to outline it. For the pics I did for the challenges the whole stuff are overlayed with old paper textures and gets a little retouch from photoshop filters (mostly dark strokes and watercolor or sporadic usage of the burn tool)

Leila - Agreed! I do wonder too how they are supposed to traipse around sewers and swamps with that...0__o