Photo

2 CDs vs 4 CDs version

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ratone

ratone
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:56 AM

Hey Guys... I'm a big fan of CRPGs and I love BlackIsle stuff... Anyway, I've been interested in Planescape: Torment for quite some time now, and finally I decided to give it a try.

Anyway, I found myself my first "quest" even before installing the game... Whats the deal with the 2CDs/4CDs version? Does the 4 CD one has more content/videos/voices than the 2CDs ones?

Thanks for your time!

#2 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 07:34 AM

The 4-CD version is an old version, which is archived so badly it takes up more than 2gigs of space, hence the need for four CDs.

2-CD version is new. I haven't tried it (actually bought it yesterday) yet, but I don't think there's anymore to it than the fact it is now archived to take up 1.4gigs of space, plus the fact that the 2-CD version has patch 1.1 included.

That's all I know :)
"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#3 Rastor

Rastor

Yes, I really am a dragon. Yes, I am a jerk. Live with it.

• 2001 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:40 AM

Hey Guys... I'm a big fan of CRPGs and I love BlackIsle stuff... Anyway, I've been interested in Planescape: Torment for quite some time now, and finally I decided to give it a try.

Anyway, I found myself my first "quest" even before installing the game... Whats the deal with the 2CDs/4CDs version? Does the 4 CD one has more content/videos/voices than the 2CDs ones?

Thanks for your time!

The 2CD version is the one to get. It contains more than the 4 CD version - all of the movies/voicing/etc. plus the 1.1 patch.

Also, some people have reported problems running the 4 CD version on Windows XP. I have never had any problems with the 2 CD version.

Edited by Rastor, 10 July 2008 - 11:40 AM.

Home of Kitanya, Improved Asylum, more...

Posted Image

#4 ratone

ratone
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 09:15 AM

Thanks for the replies guys, i will get the 2CD version then!

Cheers!