Photo

Drizzt Meeting in AR3100

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 manwe858

manwe858
  • 139 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:40 PM

After rescuing Dynaheir I meet up with Drizzt and help him kill the gnolls. The problem is he doesn't say anything. I check his dialogue script to find that the global variable: Global("DrizztGnolls","GLOBAL",12), wasn't present in my saved game using Near Infinity. I activated it in game and he mentioned that he might see me somewhere along the sword coast.

The area spawns drizzt.cre which isn't the one that the dynaheir quest uses... Which drizzt is this exactly? And how do I continue the Dynaheir quest?

#2 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 11:36 PM

After rescuing Dynaheir I meet up with Drizzt and help him kill the gnolls. The problem is he doesn't say anything. I check his dialogue script to find that the global variable: Global("DrizztGnolls","GLOBAL",12), wasn't present in my saved game using Near Infinity. I activated it in game and he mentioned that he might see me somewhere along the sword coast.

I've searched in the "BG1 NPC Project" forum about the same problem, but can't find anything. Normally all is fixed with the recent "BG1 NPC Project" version in terms of Dynaheir and Drizzt and additional in combination with Drizzt Saga. Can you attach your WeiDU.log?

The area spawns drizzt.cre which isn't the one that the dynaheir quest uses... Which drizzt is this exactly?

Sorry I don't know, perhaps someone else could answer your question. If not you could try it in the BG1 NPC Project forum.

And how do I continue the Dynaheir quest?

The answer you find in the "BG1 NPC Project" readme. There is a link to the Dynaheir quest.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 17 May 2009 - 11:39 PM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#3 manwe858

manwe858
  • 139 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:32 PM

I've searched in the "BG1 NPC Project" forum about the same problem, but can't find anything. Normally all is fixed with the recent "BG1 NPC Project" version in terms of Dynaheir and Drizzt and additional in combination with Drizzt Saga. Can you attach your WeiDU.log?

Here you go. Pretty much everything is the same... I did alter some things that I didn't like and added kits. It could be that what I altered messed some things up. I used the big world install.bat to install everything as opposed to the bwsetup since it wasn't out for 7.0 at the time. I've attached my Big world install.bat file and a list of changes that I made to it.

I realize it would be really time consuming to look through a modified install.bat so I'm not expecting any kind of intensive analysis. I just added it in case you wanted a look. I had to change the filename to *.txt.

Thanks.

#4 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:20 AM

Here you go. Pretty much everything is the same... I did alter some things that I didn't like and added kits. It could be that what I altered messed some things up. I used the big world install.bat to install everything as opposed to the bwsetup since it wasn't out for 7.0 at the time. I've attached my Big world install.bat file and a list of changes that I made to it.

I realize it would be really time consuming to look through a modified install.bat so I'm not expecting any kind of intensive analysis. I just added it in case you wanted a look. I had to change the filename to *.txt.

Thanks.

You have not installed Drizzt Saga, normally it should be all fine. You talked about a different Drizzt.cre which isn't the one that the dynaheir quest uses. Can you make a changelog on the cre? You can find a change-log.bat in the BG2 directory. Open it with a text-editor like notepad and read how you can use it.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 21 May 2009 - 09:21 AM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
- Chevalier

#5 manwe858

manwe858
  • 139 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 08:07 AM

You have not installed Drizzt Saga, normally it should be all fine. You talked about a different Drizzt.cre which isn't the one that the dynaheir quest uses. Can you make a changelog on the cre? You can find a change-log.bat in the BG2 directory. Open it with a text-editor like notepad and read how you can use it.

Greetings Leomar

It seems as if the .cre file is fine. The AR3100.bcs script may be the problem though as the only thing in the script is what I have attached. Isn't there supposed to be something that changes the global variables when all the gnolls die? Also it seems to be affecting the bjornin quest since when the half-ogres die there should be a trigger so bjornin knows the quest is completed.

I've attached the area.bcs.

Apparently this issue has been discussed before in this thread.

-Mike

Edited by manwe858, 23 May 2009 - 08:15 AM.

#6 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 10:26 AM

Can you please open a command prompt to your BGT folder and type weidu --change-log gnolldr.bcs. Then type weidu --change-log gnolld.cre and paste the output of both here. Follow Jarno's instructions in this post if you don't know how to do that.

In my install, gnolldr.bcs does not have the block for incrementing DrizztGnolls, apparently due to having Drizzt Saga installed (according to my change-log anyway). But that is not an issue on your install, so it must be something else. (Offhand, I have my suspicions but I'll wait til I see your output...) I doubt it is BG1 NPC though, which had some issues here once but those were fixed ages ago (and as far as I recall, it uses the same Drizzt CRE as the game's).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#7 manwe858

manwe858
  • 139 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 11:22 AM

Can you please open a command prompt to your BGT folder and type weidu --change-log gnolldr.bcs. Then type weidu --change-log gnolld.cre and paste the output of both here. Follow Jarno's instructions in this post if you don't know how to do that.

The output goes through a few tp2's but ends up with a fatal error:

FATAL ERROR: Sys_error("Mur'Neth/backup/0/MAPPINGS.0: No such file or directory")

There isn't such a folder that I could find in the bgII - soA directory.

#8 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 11:29 AM

The output goes through a few tp2's but ends up with a fatal error:

FATAL ERROR: Sys_error("Mur'Neth/backup/0/MAPPINGS.0: No such file or directory")

There isn't such a folder that I could find in the bgII - soA directory.

Huh... I have Mur'Neth installed on BGT and have those files. You haven't moved or deleted any mod folders or anything have you?

You may need to recreate zero-length files for that and any others it complains about. Create the folder(s) first then right click and do a New > Text Document or any other kind of file, then rename it mappings.0 etc.

Incidentally, what operating system are you using? I suppose it could be OS funkiness with the apostrophe but not if the path doesn't even exist...

Also, I can tell you Mur'Neth doesn't mod the gnolls, but it's a question of getting WeiDU to proceed so it can give useful output.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#9 manwe858

manwe858
  • 139 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 11:49 AM

Huh... I have Mur'Neth installed on BGT and have those files. You haven't moved or deleted any mod folders or anything have you?

I think the only thing I've done to delete folders or mod the game stuff is run the generalized biffer and the bigworldcleanup.bat.

Incidentally, what operating system are you using? I suppose it could be OS funkiness with the apostrophe but not if the path doesn't even exist...

I'm using windows xp sp3.

Here are the changelog files. The Change log fatal errors are the mods that I had to create buckup and MAPPINGS.# for.

#10 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 12:27 PM

The Change log fatal errors are the mods that I had to create buckup and MAPPINGS.# for.

This is odd, but the thing they all have in common is except for one, they all have a space or apostrophe in them. Maybe this BWP cleanup thing is trying to 'fix' that without accounting for all the related issues, I don't know.

You may have been right about your ar3100.bcs script. According to the BGT dev doc, it should contain a contingency block that sets DrizztGnolls if it hasn't been set properly, though in reality that should not really be necessary if gnolldr.bcs is working properly. Can you paste the contents of that or attach it here too. Also, can you do a change-log on ar3100.bcs.

It sounds like you fixed this for your current game with CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DrizztGnolls","GLOBAL",12). As I recall with BG1 NPC, that should be well and good for the Dynaheir quest. IIRC, you have to leave and come back a day or two later to see him again, then he'll have more info for you.

#11 manwe858

manwe858
  • 139 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 12:44 PM

According to the BGT dev doc, it should contain a contingency block that sets DrizztGnolls if it hasn't been set properly, though in reality that should not really be necessary if gnolldr.bcs is working properly. Can you paste the contents of that or attach it here too. Also, can you do a change-log on ar3100.bcs.

Here you go.

Edited by manwe858, 23 May 2009 - 12:44 PM.

#12 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 01:06 PM

Mods affecting AR3100.BCS:
00000: /* from game biffs */ ~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ 0 0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core
00001: /* from game biffs */ ~HAIASS/SETUP-HAIASS.TP2~ 0 0 // Haiass, the wolf

Ugh. That Haiass mod overwrites a whole boatload of area scripts (about 52 in all) with a big fat COMPILE ~Haiass/BGT~ at the end of the tp2. Don't use it until someone can fix the mod to EXTEND the scripts properly, which is odd, because they do this for a whole bunch of other scripts. (Does anyone check these mods before including them in the BWP? :P)

If you're not using the joinable wolf or whatever (this is what this mod adds, right?) you're probably safe deleting ar3100.bcs from the override to restore the BGT version, because no other mods have touched it. But I can't say you might not have other problems because like I said, it overwrites a bunch of other scripts too and I can't vouch for deleting all of them from the override without checking the changes on each one of them.

If you have more problems with Drizzt or Dynaheir, you might want to check on the G3 BG1 NPC forum, since those folks know which variables may need to be set a lot better than I do.

#13 manwe858

manwe858
  • 139 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 04:21 PM

If you're not using the joinable wolf or whatever (this is what this mod adds, right?) you're probably safe deleting ar3100.bcs from the override to restore the BGT version, because no other mods have touched it. But I can't say you might not have other problems because like I said, it overwrites a bunch of other scripts too and I can't vouch for deleting all of them from the override without checking the changes on each one of them.

That's not good... :unsure: Does this mean that a lot of the ARE BCS scripts won't fire correctly and possibly a lot of quests throughout the Big World won't get set?

I checked the override BCS files and a lot of them do have extensive changes to them. I can't really uninstall haiass either seeing as I already biffed the override after its install. Do you have any suggestions on how I should go about uninstalling haiass without having to do a complete BWP reinstall?

-Mike

#14 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 05:13 PM

<_<

Ugh!!! :wall: :new_bottom: :Poke:

It takes a village...

#15 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 05:35 PM

That's not good... :unsure: Does this mean that a lot of the ARE BCS scripts won't fire correctly and possibly a lot of quests throughout the Big World won't get set?

'Fraid so, from what it looks like.

Do you have any suggestions on how I should go about uninstalling haiass without having to do a complete BWP reinstall?

If you really want to do this, check the /Haiass/BGT folder in your install. For each script listed there, do a 'weidu --change-log ar0082.bcs' and so on. If Haiass is the only other mod that touched the script, you can delete it from the override folder to restore the BGT version. If some other mod touched it, you probably want to try to restore the last good version of the script, which might be in the /Haiass/backup/x folder or some other mod's backup. That of course won't install the mod entirely, but it might undo most of the heavy damage from overwriting, in theory.

The sad thing is that that fat COMPILE at the end of the tp2 could have been replaced with a ACTION_BASH_FOR/EXTEND_BOTTOM combo that would've achieved what they wanted a lot more safely with only a few more lines of code. Or, worse case scenario, a string of 52 EXTEND_BOTTOMs which could've been coded in an advanced text editor like ConText in about 2 minutes, tops.

Edit: If that end routine biffed scripts out of the override (something incredibly stupid), you might be screwed :(.

Edited by Miloch, 23 May 2009 - 05:38 PM.

#16 manwe858

manwe858
  • 139 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:23 AM

Well, I've decided to do a reinstall without Haiass and see how the game plays. Apparently BG1Adventure has problems too from what I've gleaned from the board, so that's also getting excluded. Thanks for the help Miloch and Leomar. Depending on how the game plays I'll probably be needing your help again soon.

-Mike

#17 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 12:30 AM

Great, the second mod in the BWP which causes such big problems. :(

At first thank you very much Miloch for fixing Haiass. Until your fixed version comes out, I'll move Haiass to the Expert-version with the BWS. And thanks manwe858 for your playtesting and your great help with your bug-reports and informations about it. Bad that you have such an experience. Normally the bugs are smaller...

What is the BiG World Project:

The BWP is not really a stable megamod, which you can install like you want and play without errors. Like you can see, there are much mods in the Standard-version and new mods were added in there, so everytime bugs could exist. That is why we don't call it "BiG World" only. It is our Project to get this huge thing running. Therefore it is the "BiG World Project". We cannot test each new BWP version in all cases. We do some testing, but we have not the time to play all versions in all combinations with each mod to find each bug. Therefore we need the help from the gamers, who install the BWP and play it. With your bug-reports, we and with the help of others can try to fix things and made the megamod more and more stable. Think back to the year 2006 where we started the BWP. You can't believe how unplayable all this was and look now, how much was solved and playable until the last 3 years. Much happens with the help of all.

Because of all the Standard-mods we have introduced the Recommend-version, which you can choose with the BWS. In this version we put mods, which are mostly save to install and you will encounter much much lesser bugs. All BWP-versions are flexible, because we can change it with the BWS daily. If we get new informations about bugs or if new fixed mod-versions were released, so you see this at your mod selection and know, which mods depends to which version at the moment. The Recommend-version is small and that is fine for a stable and balanced megamod. If you are the gamer, who wants a stable game, use this version. If you want to help us, to build a great megamod with much mods and lesser bugs, then try other versions/combinations of mods.

And the rule still exist today: If you want to install much mods for your own megamod, so you will encounter more bugs, too.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 30 May 2009 - 12:33 AM.

- Chevalier

#18 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:44 PM

Well, I've decided to do a reinstall without Haiass and see how the game plays.

This should no longer be an issue as of v2.1.

Apparently BG1Adventure has problems too from what I've gleaned from the board, so that's also getting excluded.

That is probably the safest, but you could try Headbanger's version or the BGT version of Dark Horizons (not the Harder Enemies component yet though). I don't think any of those is fully tested with BGT but at least they should not overwrite as far as I can tell.

#19 manwe858

manwe858
  • 139 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:12 PM

This should no longer be an issue as of v2.1.

That is probably the safest, but you could try Headbanger's version or the BGT version of Dark Horizons (not the Harder Enemies component yet though). I don't think any of those is fully tested with BGT but at least they should not overwrite as far as I can tell.

Would these be safe to install after a completed mega mod installation? It doesn't seem like they would interfere with anything, but I'd like to make sure.

#20 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:42 PM

Would these be safe to install after a completed mega mod installation?

I can't think of any reason why not, and indeed, Haiass at least should be installed after any mods that add areas or area scripts, so that it can add to those scripts properly. Again, though, do not install the Harder Enemies component of DH unless you do the patched version (here, if you can figure out what section to replace in the tp2), and I don't think the level 40 ruleset is either compatible or required, being as how the BG2 engine already goes at least to level 40.