• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 06:21 AM

Ho there folks! :cheers:

I finished a nerve-wracking expert install using ALL of the mods in the BWP (english ones only :P) Attached are the WeiDU.log and the BiG World Debug.txt ... I know, they aren't a great help in these "days of the change-log" but still ... just for bragging rights :devil:

I'll do a complete reinstall once BWP8.1 gets out though, so this is more of a temporary measure to find any bugs in an expert install (since most of y'all play tactics at most :P) Fortunately, I haven't had a CtD since I started (but I've only been to the FIA yet :P)

I've had a fair share of quirks though, just wanna confirm that they're bugs before I go off reporting them to their own forums :cheers:

1. One of the Helmets (the curvy horned one) seems to have new paperdoll thingies (with the horns) for halflings (Monty) and half-elves (Khalid) but the horns don't show up for my human paladin PC :wacko: I saw that the effect showed only on the paperdolls, not on the in-game avatars ... ignorable, but annoying :D

2. The hunter guy in the Crossroads area south of the FIA, Aoln.cre went hostile immediately after me party started attacking a bandit here him (no, no one hit Aoln :D) Changelog shows ...

Mods affecting AOLN.CRE:
00000: /* from game biffs */ ~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ 0 0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core
00001: /* from game biffs */ ~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ 0 5000 // Smarter general AI
00002: ~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ 0 5010 // Better calls for help
00003: ~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ 0 5024 // Three quarters of the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost
00004: ~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ 0 0 // Big Picture AI/Enhancement Mod, version 177 weidu (beta)
00005: ~SETUP-REVISEDBATTLES.TP2~ 0 27 // Modify .CRE Proficiencies, Abilities & Effects. This component MUST be installed.
00006: ~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ 0 2400 // Enemy items shatter
00007: ~SETUP-XPMOD.TP2~ 0 1 // Reduce to 50%
00008: ~AURORA/SETUP-AURORA.TP2~ 0 255 // Reduce to 25%
00009: ~SETUP-NSCPORTRAITS.TP2~ 0 0 // Portraits for BG1(BGT)
I'm guessing its the "Better calls for help" thing from SCS. I think last time, Leomar mentioned that there was an as-yet0unsolved problem with normal NPCs going hostile when you meet them ... Think this might be related?? :mellow:

3. NO RHIALTO!!! :( Why does the Tactics (and Expert) version of the BWP install the haughty-pansy component?? He was one of the first real challenges that I'll always remember as a "real" fight from BWP6 :crying:

That would be all for now :P Hopefully more won't show up :D (wishful thinking ... I know :rolleyes:)

Cheers,
Lol

Attached Files

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 06:34 AM

3. NO RHIALTO!!! :( Why does the Tactics (and Expert) version of the BWP install the haughty-pansy component?? He was one of the first real challenges that I'll always remember as a "real" fight from BWP6 :crying:

He was just moved up to BG2.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 06:49 AM

Yeah, but he should've been left as-is atleast for a Tactics installation (showing up after the rest :D)

Anyway, played some more ... most of these are just nitpicks :P

1. Haiass seems to block entrances pretty easily, I saw in the Haiass fixer thread that Miloch already fixed it, but he still seems to be blocking stuff for me :blink: (I know, it hates me :lol:)

2. The medium shield paperdoll looks like the vanilla medium shields (the rough triangle with 2 spikes) but the item bam looks like a normal shield (square on top and tapering at the bottom, no spikes)

3. The large shield's item bam looks like a rectangle, but when equipped, the character avatar shows the vanilla large shield :blink: (the rough oval shape with two "wings" on top)

4. Jaheira's portrait didn't change to the BGII one, but Imoen's did :D

5. Some of Rupert the Dye-Merchant's color bottles have a green background on them, looks pretty off-track with all the other bottles :whistling:

6. This is hilarious!! :lol: Jaheira has 3 Sunscorch spells :D
SPPR116.spl (from Spell_Rev modified by Divine Remix)
SPPR124.spl (from Divine Remix)
CDSUNSCO.spl (from Divine Remix) I dunno why DR needs to add 2 sunscorches :wacko:

Nothing overly serious yet :coolthumb:

Cheers,
Lol

Edited by Lollorian, 20 September 2009 - 07:07 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#4 --Anonymous--

--Anonymous--

Posted 20 September 2009 - 08:29 AM

He was just moved up to BG2.

He's the wild mage with the book and teddy bear, right? I found him around the walls of Candlekeep (after leaving it with Gorion, so Chapter 2 I guess). I like exploring absolutely everywhere to find any hidden NPCs placed by various mods, you see. Anyway, after killing him I ran into someone (maybe the guard who demands a book to enter Candlekeep?) who mentioned a wild mage in the area. So he's definitely still accessible in BG1.

#5 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 09:42 AM

Rhialto spawns outside after resting unless BWP used a fix to make him spawn later in BG2 parts. Simple global change but I remember a lot of people didn't like him in BG1 so that may have been updated for a BGT type install within the BWP fixies.

EDIT:

If you have DSOA installed you can still fight Kensai Ryu in BG1 if you have one of the katanas he likes. That is still tough even if you have level 8 or 9 dudes in your party.

Edited by Hoppy, 20 September 2009 - 09:46 AM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#6 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 20 September 2009 - 03:28 PM

He shows up in a Tactic's install in BG1. My last playthru - Imoen carried around that teddy bear forever!

#7 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 04:13 PM

1. Haiass seems to block entrances pretty easily, I saw in the Haiass fixer thread that Miloch already fixed it, but he still seems to be blocking stuff for me :blink: (I know, it hates me :lol:)

Only hates you because you didn't read what the fix was :P. You can now select Haiass and move him wherever you want, including out of your way (before this would only initiate "dialogue" with the wolf). Very realistic, because I have to do this with my own wolf-sized dog all the time.

5. Some of Rupert the Dye-Merchant's color bottles have a green background on them, looks pretty off-track with all the other bottles :whistling:

Known issue in the Rupert thread - bug vilkacis to fix it now that he can do so easily with BAM Batcher, modding tool of the gods :woot:.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#8 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 06:55 PM

The AnonymousDude's right!!! :woot: Rhialto's outside Candlekeep, just waiting for you to come out through the secret catacombs exit ^_^

@Miloch: :P :doh: (any idea what's going on with the shield bam's?? I dunno what to changelog for those :D)

No other bugs ... for now ;) <runs off to find the talkin chicken> :lol:

EDIT: Just thought I'd mention an oddity during my fight with my man, Rhialto here ... He didn't turn into a squirrel :blink:

And there was this HUGE lagspike when I first found him with my entire party, the game stuttered to HELL!!! But, he did one of his wild sure things and killed off me PC so it was a short affair :P

Second time, I knew his position and sent Khalid over to lure him. But get this, he completely ignores Khalid and starts heading towards the PC (who was parked with the others near the area entrance) ... probably to start the "Honor of meeting me ... " dialog. (I turned off AI to avoid unintended party poopers joining the fight this time :P) Immediately sent everyone away from the PC and let Rhialto use up all his spells.

When he came melee, AI on, everyone gangs up :coolthumb: but he still don't die very soon :P ... I thought he should've changed into squirrel-form till then, Does the "stationary" Rhialto NOT change form???

(and I should mention that he DID change form though ... only, not into a squirrel, but a Winter Wolf :devil:)

PS: Attached a .txt showing all the files I found using NI's "Find corrupted files..." function

Cheers,
Lol

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 20 September 2009 - 11:33 PM.

#9 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:15 AM

Hmm, the first real bug... I just kicked out Viconia and she responded by asking "how I came to be trapped in here?" and my replies were

1. moon knight
2. <description of moon knight> :D
3. priest of ilmater
4. <descriptio...>

A changelog and subsequent investigations in the backup folders showed the NMR-Relationship mod to be the problem... I dunno how to fix it, or if anyone has the same thing, so I'll just shut up :P

Cheers,
Lol

#10 OneEyedPhoenix

OneEyedPhoenix
  • 308 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:33 AM

Hmm, the first real bug... I just kicked out Viconia and she responded by asking "how I came to be trapped in here?" and my replies were

1. moon knight
2. <description of moon knight> :D
3. priest of ilmater
4. <descriptio...>

A changelog and subsequent investigations in the backup folders showed the NMR-Relationship mod to be the problem... I dunno how to fix it, or if anyone has the same thing, so I'll just shut up :P

Sounds like your dialog.tlk is fubar.
That's what you get for installing every mod known to BWP... :P

#11 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:48 AM

Hehe :cheers: Sounds like I deserved that though :P I'll be doing a reinstall anyway, so it's better I get as many bugs as I can during my "expertness" :P

But the problem wasn't the dialog.tlk (it's pretty stable ... even though it weighs a hefty 47 MB :woot:) The problem lay in VICONIP.dlg, which got assigned some of the dialogs from NeJ by the NMR ... so it was just a matter of setting 4 dialogs to their proper references :P Once again ... NI to the rescue!!! :cheers:

Cheers,
Lol

#12 OneEyedPhoenix

OneEyedPhoenix
  • 308 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:18 AM

Hehe :cheers: Sounds like I deserved that though :P I'll be doing a reinstall anyway, so it's better I get as many bugs as I can during my "expertness" :P

But the problem wasn't the dialog.tlk (it's pretty stable ... even though it weighs a hefty 47 MB :woot:) The problem lay in VICONIP.dlg, which got assigned some of the dialogs from NeJ by the NMR ... so it was just a matter of setting 4 dialogs to their proper references :P Once again ... NI to the rescue!!! :cheers:

If you are prepared to do some hefty debugging then we might indeed learn something... Most likely we'll learn that you should stay away from non-weidu and/or sparsely supported mods. :P

I suspected dialog.tlk because string reference bugs were very common in pre-weidu mods, which often replaced dialog.tlk altogether.
Sounds like you're likely to run into more reference bugs in any case...

Edited by OneEyedPhoenix, 21 September 2009 - 07:18 AM.

#13 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:41 AM

That I know buddy :cheers: ... although I'm a wee bit afraid of sommin particularly nasty cropping up again (remembers the "Goodday" hobgoblins and "See ya later" bandits from BWP6 <shudder>)

Cheers,
Lol

#14 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:56 PM

@Miloch: :P :doh: (any idea what's going on with the shield bam's?? I dunno what to changelog for those :D)

Run the change-log on either the inventory icon referenced in the .itm file or the .itm itself, or both.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#15 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 04:50 AM

Woohoo :D Moar changelogz!!! :P Mods affecting SHLD06.ITM (Large Shield +1), SHLD04.itm (Medium Shield) and SHLD02.itm (Small Shield)... They're all same

(PS: The small shield shows up properly though, just added it to show ya that whatever affects the small shields isn't doing the same thing for the medium and large ones :mellow:)

Mods affecting SHLD06.ITM:
00000: /* from game biffs */ ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ 0 0 // Item Revisions by Demivrgvs
00001: /* from game biffs */ ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ 0 3 // Allow Spellcasting in Armor with Casting Speed Penalties for Arcane Casters
00002: ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ 0 10 // Revised Shield Bonuses
00003: ~1PP.TP2~ 0 0 // One Pixel Productions: v2 Everything but Potions (1)
and it's inventory bam, ISHLD06.bam, ISHLD04.bam and ISHLD02.bam ... NO MODS!!! :o

Mods affecting ISHLD06.BAM:

But looking at NI, is there a way to check what the AVATARS use when they equip it?? The icons and stuff show up well and good for the inventory, ground and descriptions ... just, the paperdolls and avatars have different icons :unsure:

Something I remember that changed in BWP8 is that the 1pp components got installed pretty late now (probably to patch ALL items) ... and I also remember something about 1pp now patching its stuff rather than overwriting, is this a case where overwriting was better than patching now?? :ph34r:

Regardless, Miloch, I found a "Pile of Bones" thing in the Nashkel Pass cave along with a medium shield ... AGBONE01?? ^_^ I checked for any references to it in dlg's but found none ... Is it just flavor?? :P

EDIT: That same medium shield that I found above (Knight's Shield +1) shows up properly like the paperdoll icon on the avatar ... so this shows that only vanilla items are (un)affected :P

Cheers,
Lol

Edited by Lollorian, 22 September 2009 - 10:17 AM.

#16 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 05:56 PM

Got a CtD from an area added by Aurora ... reported to their forums :P (turns out the exit referred to the TuTu areacode :ph34r:)

Attached the result.txt generated by NI's "Find Illegal ResourceRefs..." function, there are a LOTTA files, I'll be reporting them to their own forums (when I get some time :P) unless someone says otherwise :D

Cheers,
Lol

Attached Files

#17 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:28 PM

But looking at NI, is there a way to check what the AVATARS use when they equip it?? The icons and stuff show up well and good for the inventory, ground and descriptions ... just, the paperdolls and avatars have different icons

Paperdolls are usually .PLT files, though some (especially mod-added ones) are .BAM files. They're prefixed with a C, then characters indicating the race, gender and class of the character, then the armour level. So COMF1INV.PLT for example, is the unarmoured half-orc male fighter. Avatars use .BAM files with roughly the same prefixes, though not all paperdolls have unique avatars. So I think the half-orc uses the human avatar (chmf4a1.bam etc.) unless a mod specifically adds one (maybe 1pp does, not sure). Anyway, that is what you would change-log, though I doubt there are many other mods besides 1PP that change these. I'm not that familiar with it, so you're better off posting in its forum.

is this a case where overwriting was better than patching now??

No - why would it be? It was made patching for better compatibility with a mod that *does* overwrite - otherwise if they both overwrote, neither would be compatible with each other.

Regardless, Miloch, I found a "Pile of Bones" thing in the Nashkel Pass cave along with a medium shield ... AGBONE01?? ^_^ I checked for any references to it in dlg's but found none ... Is it just flavor??

For now, yes. You can find some clue as to what (or who) it is (or was), but it has no "use" - it's a pile of bones after all. What did you expect? <_< It might figure in some future expansion, but that'll require the dialogue writers (Bookwyrme and K'aeloree) to show up again and do some writing.

EDIT: That same medium shield that I found above (Knight's Shield +1) shows up properly like the paperdoll icon on the avatar ... so this shows that only vanilla items are (un)affected :P

You mean, they're the only ones affected by whatever mod weirdness you're talking about? :blink:

Got a CtD from an area added by Aurora ... reported to their forums :P (turns out the exit referred to the TuTu areacode :ph34r:)

Known issue already reported and fixed.

Attached the result.txt generated by NI's "Find Illegal ResourceRefs..." function, there are a LOTTA files, I'll be reporting them to their own forums (when I get some time :P) unless someone says otherwise

NI is not always the most accurate.

Stuff like this is bogus, because a lot of these sounds do in fact exist. NI itself will tell you so if you expand the WAV folder:

File: AR3611.ARE Attribute: Sound 1=AMB_M34A.WAV

This stuff is bogus too. The VVC stuff is invalid because it should also look for BAMs of the same name (which do exist). The SPL protections do nothing if the spells don't exist (try running this on *non*-BWP and you'll see a lot more so-called "misplaced references" for these items).

File: AGBOOT28.ITM Name: Gnomish Boots Attribute: Resource=SPENTACI.VVC
File: AGBOOT34.ITM Name: Stinking Gnomish Boots Attribute: Resource=ILY1.SPL
File: AGBOOT34.ITM Name: Stinking Gnomish Boots Attribute: Resource=SLOW.SPL
File: AGBOOT34.ITM Name: Stinking Gnomish Boots Attribute: Resource=SPENTACI.VVC
File: AGSTAF01.ITM Name: Staff of Swarming Insects +2 Attribute: Resource=SPIPLAAI.VVC

This might actually be legit - somehow the script may not have compiled for BGT. Will check.

File: AGBARHOP.CRE Name: Boots of the Bar Attribute: Override script=AGBARHOP.BCS

Everything else in the AG* range (apart from AG4815 already noted) is not ours (unfortunately someone else was using this prefix, but it's too late for us to change and there don't appear to be any real conflicts).

So the other stuff you may want to double-check based on the above examples before reporting them as definite errors. DLG and BCS misreferences might be valid issues, but I'd be suspicious about other messages.

#18 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 04:06 AM

Glad to know that they're not that big an issue :P

So, I'll just hop over to the 1PP forums and hope for the best :D

Cheers,
Lol

#19 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:10 AM

Hmm ... I got a minor problem with Minsc's Charm Animal innate ability, it charms ALL Animals in the area :o (wolves, dogs, cave bears, even squirrels and deer :rolleyes:) Is this intended?? A changelog of SPCL311.spl (from Shadowkeeper) showed this:

Mods affecting SPCL311.SPL:
00000: ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ 0 0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes
00001: /* from game biffs */ ~SETUP-OVERSIGHT.TP2~ 0 3 // Altered Spells
I dunno what should be changed to fix it so I've attached the .spl for checkin :cheers:

On other news, the Xvart Village area had some overlapping "Xvart Protectors" (2-in-1 tile :D) who seemed to not be able to move (but attacked when me melee guys ... and gal ;) got close) Changelog of AR3498.bcs shows:
00000: /* from game biffs */ ~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ 0 0 // DSotSC for BGT-Weidu
00001: /* from game biffs */ ~AZURE/AZURE.TP2~ 0 1 // Azure NPC
00002: ~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ 0 13 // Improved Xvart Village, for BGT-weidu
00003: ~HAIASS/SETUP-HAIASS.TP2~ 0 0 // Haiass the Wolf

Attached the .baf too :P

Cheers,
Lol

Attached Files

#20 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:19 AM

Hmm ... I got a minor problem with Minsc's Charm Animal innate ability, it charms ALL Animals in the area :o (wolves, dogs, cave bears, even squirrels and deer :rolleyes:) Is this intended??

Readmes are your friends :).

Altered Spells
This component revises three of the spells in BG2 which are too weak to be worth casting. A ranger's Charm Animals ability will now automatically and permanently befriend every animal on the map.

The original spell has a target of 2 (pre-target) rather than 5 (everything not in party) and a duration of 120 rather than permanent.

On other news, the Xvart Village area had some overlapping "Xvart Protectors"

Offhand, this seems like a likely culprit, no?

00002: ~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ 0 13 // Improved Xvart Village, for BGT-weidu