The monster

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 -dragonian-

-dragonian-

Posted 21 March 2005 - 06:10 AM

I have instaled the BGT+Big Picture+ Never Ending Journey and i would also like to instal The Secret Of The bone Hill, Northern Tales Of The Sword Coast, Dark Side Of The Sword Coast, Check The Bodies. Does they work well together or maybe they aren`t compatibile?? Is there any specific order in the instalation?
I would alo ask is The BG1 Expansion compatibile with the BGT+BP+NEJ??
Thanks for help
I`m rather new in modding so i would appriciate if you could tell me which files do i need to instal all this things.

#2 Yacomo

Yacomo

cartographer of the realms

• 485 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 06:25 AM

I have instaled the BGT+Big Picture+ Never Ending Journey and i would also like to instal The Secret Of The bone Hill, Northern Tales Of The Sword Coast, Dark Side Of The Sword Coast, Check The Bodies. Does they work well together or maybe they aren`t compatibile?? Is there any specific order in the instalation?
I would alo ask is The BG1 Expansion compatibile with the BGT+BP+NEJ??
Thanks for help
I`m rather new in modding so i would appriciate if you could tell me which files do i need to instal all this things.

View Post

Yes, they are compatible. And the BG1 expansion is in fact required to make them work.

As for the installation order: You'll have to install CtB before DSotSC and DSotSC before NTotSC. I think it does not matter when to install Bonehill, but you probably want to install that one last, just in case.

And some advice, since mistakes happen during install: If you have a running BP-BGT install, zip it or rar it and put it into a safe place, just in case you mess up ;)

#3 -dragonian-

-dragonian-

Posted 21 March 2005 - 09:47 AM

Thanx i have one more question. I saw files that are for bp-bgt-ctb same for dsotsc do ineed then to install the mods to bp-bgt-nej?

#4 -dragonian-

-dragonian-

Posted 21 March 2005 - 09:54 AM

Sory about doubleposting but i forgot to ask about that and i cannot edit my posts.
I wanted to ask which mods are also compatibile to those.

#5 Yacomo

Yacomo

• 485 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 10:57 AM

Sory about doubleposting but i forgot to ask about that and i cannot edit my posts.
I wanted to ask which mods are also compatibile to those.

View Post

Just register and you can edit your posts ;)

You can leave the bp-bgt-ctb file. The latest version of DSotSC has all these compatibility fixes included. This is the reason why you must install it after CtB.

As for additional mod compatibility, you should best look here. If you want to have some personal suggestions, I'd suggest Ease of Use (but check the BP manual which of the components are compatible), BG1NPC and maybe Exnem.

#6 -dragonian-

-dragonian-

Posted 21 March 2005 - 12:19 PM

Another one question. Where could i get this easy of use?

#7 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 04:37 PM

Go to this site: http://weidu.org/main.html

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#8 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 12:25 AM

Hey it`s me again.
I don`t know in which order i should install files from CTB.
I have files
CTb_V150_GameFiles
Ctb_CoreFiles
And also i have rars
Ctb4Bgt-BP
Ctb4bgt-Bpv2
I would be very thankfoul for the order in which i shoul install those files.

#9 cujo

cujo
  • 216 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 01:44 AM

Hey it`s me again.
I don`t know in which order i should install files from CTB.
I have files
CTb_V150_GameFiles
Ctb_CoreFiles
And also i have rars
Ctb4Bgt-BP
Ctb4bgt-Bpv2
I would be very thankfoul for the order in which i shoul install those files.

View Post

Hi Dragonian,

CtB4Bgt-BP and CtB4Bgt-BPv2 are the same thing. In CtB4Bgt-BP you will find a prep_.bat (again, sorry can't remember the correct name). You run this batch file first otherwise CtB will not detect that the Big Picture has been installed.

You then extract the CtB_CoreFiles first to your BGII folder. Then you extract the CtB_V150_GameFiles. This creates a setup_ctb.exe (can't remember the exact name sorry) to install Check the Bodies.

Make sure you get the right tp2 file from the CtB homepage. Click on the download button on the left and the file will be at the top. If you don't CtB won't install and complain about errors in the tp2 file.

After CtB you will install DSotSC so you don't need to install the areas that are in the CtB4Bgt-BP files as they are already in DSotSC.

I hope this helps you with the installation. If you have more questions about CtB it's probably better to ask them in th Check the Bodies forum. Check out the forum because there is a new version there for the Candlekeep tests.

#10 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 08:23 AM

When should i install BP_s_and_hPatch6 ?

#11 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 09:43 AM

It should go after the 3.13 patch for BGT-BP-NEJ. I'm not sure if it truly matters but I always do the game engine (BGT-BP-NEJ) patches before any other mods like CtB or DSotSC.

Classic Adventures

#12 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 09:43 AM

Ok Everything worked just fine. But there always something have to be wrong.
I`ve done some quests and just went adventuring on some places not going to the nashkel. I`ve comed to Beregost for abou third time saved went to the next location and quit because my bro wanted to get the comp. Every time i try to load my save or the autosave the game crashes. I`ve had some saves in beregost before and everything was fine.
I realy don`t feel like reinstalling everything and i don`t know would it help.

Edited by dragonian, 15 April 2005 - 09:44 AM.

#13 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 06:43 PM

Well that wouldn't be a DSotSC issue. Either you have another problem like a virus or something else corrupted those two saved files. You can get others to work? Then load one of them, try to get back to where the other save was and see if you can save it again as a new save. Then try to open it to see if the same corruption happens.

Classic Adventures

#14 Yacomo

Yacomo

• 485 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 11:08 PM

Ok Everything worked just fine. But there always something have to be wrong.
I`ve done some quests and just went adventuring on some places not going to the nashkel. I`ve comed to Beregost for abou third time saved went to the next location and quit because my bro wanted to get the comp. Every time i try to load my save or the autosave the game crashes. I`ve had some saves in beregost before and everything was fine.
I realy don`t feel like reinstalling everything and i don`t know would it help.

View Post

That sounds like 'the good olde Beregost crash bug' :( IIRC this one exists since original BGT and everyone has encountered it once-in-a-while (heard KD finally sqeezed it for BGT-WeiDU :) ). It is more or less a random crashing in the Beregost area that happens when you enter or leave a building. So if you have a save game from outside of Beregost, you can continue with that one. Otherwise, you will have to edit your save game in order to 'move' your party to another area. Unfortunately I cannot give you a description how to do this out of my head, but maybe someone else drops by and elaborates how to do this.

#15 cujo

cujo
  • 216 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 01:51 AM

I had the same problem once where my quick save in Beregost wouldn't load any more. You should have an autosave still just before you entered Beregost so you can load this one and you won't lose a lot.

#16 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 02:27 AM

I started the game again because i didn`t have other saves. Then when i were in the same moment i tried to go to the shops in beregost and the same error executed. Then i treid to remove some of the equipment i had(exactly the palladin equipment from the temple of rising sun-sunken(or smth like that) ring,armor and helmet and it went without any errors.
Hm could anyone tell me how o edit save game to change the location where i am?
I`m now at the werewolwes island and i want to swim home but when i`m on aship and try to use it the game crashes...

#17 cujo

cujo
  • 216 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 04:07 AM

I started the game again because i didn`t have other saves. Then when i were in the same moment i tried to go to the shops in beregost and the same error executed. Then i treid to remove some of the equipment i had(exactly the palladin equipment from the temple of rising sun-sunken(or smth like that) ring,armor and helmet and it went without any errors.
Hm could anyone tell me how o edit save game to change the location where i am?
I`m now at the werewolwes island and i want to swim home but when i`m on aship and try to use it the game crashes...

View Post

I doubt that the equipment was giving the problems as I had crashes in Beregost before I went to Friendly Arms Inn, with just me and Imoen in my party.

To change the area you are at, open NI (Near Infinity). In the tree open the save part, and then open the save that you want to edit. You'll see a few files under there. Click on BALDUR.SAV and it will open on the right. Click on the Edit tab and scroll down until you find the location field. Type in the new location code. Click the SAVE button and say yes when NI asks you if you want to override the file. Load the game and you should be in the new area.

Or to make it easier for you, Open the CLUAConsole up and type in this command:
CLUAConsole:MoveToArea('XXXXXX') where XXXXXX is the area you want to move to. eg: CLUAConsole.MoveToArea('ARU000') to move to Ulgoth's Beard.

PS: The CLUAConsole is the same things you opened to create the new Shelton. :thumb:

#18 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 09:59 AM

Thx it worked perfectly.
Now for the my next problem :blush:
I have killed fire salamanders before speaking with this guy in baldurs gate and now i cannot go to the ice salamander island. Is there a way to make him take me to teh island?
Also i cannot find the forest dragon`s lair. In the walktrough it says it is just west of the place that dragon was but in the line of sight from this place. But i stil cannot find it

Edited by dragonian, 20 April 2005 - 01:08 PM.

#19 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 04:14 PM

Once the forest dragon is dead, along the cliff to the left of him (her?) you will see an area that is slightly darker than the other areas. The cursor should change to stairs to indicate that you found the entrance.

As for the fisherman, you have to talk to Avery back at the Citadel. He is the one that informs you of the ice salamanders. The fisherman will go back to his home (he stands near the boat if I remember right) once he knows the fire salamanders are gone. He will only take you there if he thinks the area is safe and that Avery has talked to you.

Classic Adventures

#20 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 12:07 AM

But the problem with the fisherman is that i killed the fire salamanders before talking to him for the first time. Now when i talked to him he gave me the quest to get rid of fire salamanders and when i talk to him he only says that i don`t have heart to do that. And i have spoken to Avery about the ice salamanders before.

And about the dragon... I`ve checked all the nearby clifs before and couldn`t find anything. After your advice i`ve checked it another time and i still cannot find anything :blush: . There is solid rock everywhere and the cursor changes in no place.

Edited by dragonian, 21 April 2005 - 12:08 AM.