230 replies to this topic

#1 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 02:21 AM

TP2
Wrong comment for E32.CRE - copying itself is commented, so everything will go for prevoius DRUNK2.CRE.

Btw, once again, - where are E31-E36 used?
I'm sure that these are some test slots put there by developers....

Edited by King Diamond, 28 March 2005 - 02:22 AM.

(last update: 02-12-2008)
----------------------------------------------
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#2 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 03:06 AM

TP2
Wrong comment for E32.CRE - copying itself is commented, so everything will go for prevoius DRUNK2.CRE.

Btw, once again, - where are E31-E36 used?
I'm sure that these are some test slots put there by developers....

View Post

Probably, but it would make it so much more complicated if I made even more exceptions to the CRE copy and modification rules that I have set down. I'm not going to sit down and type in loads and loads del ***.CRE in my PreSetup.bat because it will save you 2.2 KB of space.

Edited by Ascension64, 28 March 2005 - 03:06 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#3 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 04:25 AM

Walking in circles.... :huh: Everything was posted before.

1) RAT2.CRE patching still missing
 WRITE_BYTE 0x53 0  //number of attacks

Without that they'll do damage.

2) Chapter JOURNAL entries strrefs (set by AddJournalEntry() from scripts) are invalid
Must be:
STRING_SET ~15836~ ~With your hurried flight from Candlekeep barely behind you, the troubles facing the Sword Coast seem an unfamiliar blur to your fractured nerves.  Gorion would not have you sit idle, however, and perhaps investigating local concerns will shed some light on your own predicament.  How the iron shortage or the trouble in the Nashkel mines could possibly be linked to you, you have no idea.~ [CHAPTER1]
STRING_SET ~15837~ ~It is certain that the death of Mulahey will relieve the fears of the terrorized folk of Nashkel, but you remain uneasy.  While the half-orc may indeed have caused the evils that befell the mine, the shortage of iron is too widespread to be his doing alone.  His letters confirm your suspicions, and though they give little indication as to where his cohorts are hiding, they may have links to the bandits that currently plague the Coast Way.~ [CHAPTER2]
STRING_SET ~15838~ @711
STRING_SET ~15841~ ~Life continues to be quite the challenge.  You have been accused of murdering the Iron Throne leaders, and the Flaming Fist will undoubtedly hound your every step because of it.  Despite all of this, you must return to the city of Baldur's Gate, the very lair of your accusers.  You must find and expose the one who is responsible for your predicament; you must find Sarevok.~ [CHAPTER6]
STRING_SET ~16190~ @707

Edited by King Diamond, 28 March 2005 - 04:54 AM.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#4 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 05:27 AM

TP2

Update for ACTBOUN.BCS works but for ACTFLAM.BCS, ACTNESTO.BCS and ACTTELAN.BCS doesn't - backslash before [] in 1st parameters of REPLACE_TEXTUALLY missed:

Must be:
Entered(\[ANYONE\])

instead of simple Entered([ANYONE])

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#5 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 08:53 AM

Bak to the SONGLIST.2DA

So we should look at it carefully from the very beginning.... ;)

I've "discovered" 4(!) free slots there!!! :w00t: Mentioned there themes NEVER existed....

64      Area1602        MX1602.MUS
65      Area2202        MX2202.MUS
66      Tavern5         TAV5.MUS
67      Tavern6         TAV6.MUS

One of it is necessary to reserve for BG1 TEMPLE theme that IMHO important for the mod (I'd take 66 'coz some temples have such reference already, f.e. Nashkell's one). So we have 3 more free slots - right for TS.... :P

It's necessary to build a BG1-temples list and set their songs reference to 66. Right now they are silent and boring.... And then to patch TS areas as well.... It's up to Horred I think.

Edited by King Diamond, 28 March 2005 - 08:56 AM.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#6 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 01:12 AM

Branwen's dialogues update.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#7 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 04:22 AM

AMNISH3.BCS, AMNISH4.BCS

Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",3) must be replaced by
Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",4)

-------------------------------------------

BRILLA.BCS

Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",7) must be replaced by
Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",8)

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#8 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 04:28 AM

Bak to the SONGLIST.2DA

So we should look at it carefully from the very beginning....  ;)

I've "discovered" 4(!) free slots there!!!  :w00t: Mentioned there themes NEVER existed....

64      Area1602        MX1602.MUS
65      Area2202        MX2202.MUS
66      Tavern5         TAV5.MUS
67      Tavern6         TAV6.MUS

One of it is necessary to reserve for BG1 TEMPLE theme that IMHO important for the mod (I'd take 66 'coz some temples have such reference already, f.e. Nashkell's one). So we have 3 more free slots - right for TS....  :P

It's necessary to build a BG1-temples list and set their songs reference to 66. Right now they are silent and boring.... And then to patch TS areas as well.... It's up to Horred I think.

View Post

The question is: Do any other BP mods or NTotSC or DSotSC or CtB use any of these musics? This one is for Sir BillyBob and Horred to answer.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#9 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 05:18 AM

CRE sounds

BELDIN, HENTOL, HENTOLD, HULRIK, MTWSLIM, NIVEK.
All have references to string 11618 = ~Raaagh! Help!~ that incorrectly set to [EDWIN43] sound (this one is from BG2). It should be changed to [BEDWIN43].

The same situation is for JARED.CRE, but that one is patched properly.

To minimize efforts I suggest just to modify 11618 string to use a proper sound instead of patching those 7 CREs - that string is in use only by them.

-------------------------------------
[EDIT]

For
COPY ~BGT/Modify/ITM/RINGJOS.ITM~ ~override~
  SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @259
this
 SAY IDENTIFIED_DESC @259
should be added as well.

Edited by King Diamond, 29 March 2005 - 05:39 AM.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#10 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 05:41 AM

CRE sounds

BELDIN, HENTOL, HENTOLD, HULRIK, MTWSLIM, NIVEK.
All have references to string 11618 = ~Raaagh! Help!~ that incorrectly set to [EDWIN43] sound (this one is from BG2). It should be changed to [BEDWIN43].

The same situation is for JARED.CRE, but that one is patched properly.

To minimize efforts I suggest just to modify 11618 string to use a proper sound instead of patching those 7 CREs - that string is in use only by them.

View Post

All the changes you have listed are in, except for the SONGLIST one that we are waiting upon. For the chapters and dreams, I've modified the way they work in that now the BG1 equivalent numbers for the strings in BG2 are patched to contain the correct chapter and dream text and sound (and the 2DAs modified to give the original BG1 references - with the titles of the Chapters modified, of course), so basically I changed it into a dialog.tlk only patch. Thus, if you still get chapter and dream journal errors (i.e. empty entries) it shouldn't be a problem anymore.

With EDWIN43, I must have missed those when checking through. Such is the human. Good thing 11618 is only used by those creatures (including STEPHA than you forgot to mention). I've removed JARED from BGMODCRE patching to clean things up a little just for that.

The RAT2.CRE I must have accidentally deleted due to the sound patching. Oh well, looks like beta-testers must suffer the deadly rage of tutorial rats for a little longer.

--------------
Retired Modder

#11 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 06:44 AM

Xan's dialogues update.

For compatibility with NeJ2 I added ENDOFBG1 checks to the main dialogue. Otherwise it won't work.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#12 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 10:04 AM

There're too many carriage returns in some dream texts that cause following (picture).

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#13 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 04:08 AM

There're too many carriage returns in some dream texts that cause following (picture).

View Post

Sorry about this, I left the Word Wrap on when copying and pasting certain texts in the notepad file.

Edited by Ascension64, 30 March 2005 - 04:12 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder

#14 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 10:03 AM

Not a day without bugZ dead.

Fix for Kivan's dialogues (serious one - double joining, + correct journal entry).

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#15 amazinggameguru

amazinggameguru

Spellhold Inmate

• 188 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 08:32 PM

Spawn points not working correctly

BGT-WeiDU Version: 0.94b

Other Mods Installed: Ease of Use

Area (number or screen) where bug occurred: Highhedge (AR7100)(All areas)

Description of Bug: Just got done with highhedge and noticed that all of the spawns are broken. Each spawn point only generates one creature. Instead of getting attacked by packs of skeletons it is always just one. Horred made this fix once for BP-BGT maybe he would be willing to donate the fix, IIRC there were quite a few affected files.

Possible source: Spawn points need to be edited

Edited by amazinggameguru, 30 March 2005 - 10:17 PM.

There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#16 amazinggameguru

amazinggameguru

Spellhold Inmate

• 188 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 10:22 PM

Bad reference in Spawngrp.2da

Area (number or screen) where bug occurred: (AR9700)

Description of Bug: I got a CTD here that was caused by a bad spawn point. It was triggered at spawn point 2. I looked up the spawn point and one of the options is RDGIBB. Pulled up spawngrp.2da and RDGIBB has gibbmout listed. Couldn't find this one so I think that it is the culprit.
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#17 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 01:23 AM

Description of Bug: Just got done with highhedge and noticed that all of the spawns are broken. Each spawn point only generates one creature. Instead of getting attacked by packs of skeletons it is always just one. Horred made this fix once for BP-BGT maybe he would be willing to donate the fix, IIRC there were quite a few affected files.

The spawns are EXACTLY the same as in BG1 original.
BP-BGT didn't FIX that, it just added more BP-specific creatures to the spawns - nothing else.
So I don't think personally that there isn't anything to fix there 'coz I have an impression that BGT-WeiDU should be more BG1 that BP-BGT..... What will say Asc64?

Area (number or screen) where bug occurred:  (AR9700)

Description of Bug: I got a CTD here that was caused by a bad spawn point.  It was triggered at spawn point 2.  I looked up the spawn point and one of the options is RDGIBB.  Pulled up spawngrp.2da and RDGIBB has gibbmout listed.  Couldn't find this one so I think that it is the culprit.

View Post

Ascension64 took that file from BP-BGT that is not the best option.... ;)
The right one for BGT is in attachment. To be more specific - this one is just located in ToB\override\ and it's not necessary to touch it at all with BGT.

As far as there're too many THIN compatibility moments and as far as BP has/will have a totally rebuilt CRE system (for example) I think there's only one option for us to make everything compatible: to demand BP 1.7 installation after BGT. I don't see any other alternative.

Edited by King Diamond, 31 March 2005 - 05:48 AM.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#18 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 06:10 AM

BP-BGT didn't FIX that, it just added more BP-specific creatures to the spawns - nothing else.
So I don't think personally that there isn't anything to fix there 'coz I have an impression that BGT-WeiDU should be more BG1 that BP-BGT..... What will say Asc64?

I do agree to keep it as faithful to BG1 as possible on this issue. I'd like to see the change too, but not 'hard-wired' into the base BGT-WeiDU install because not everyone will agree with it, and I am thinking that keeping it the BG1 way is the best way to go so people can blame Bioware instead (and they will say BG1 was never meant to be played on the BG2 engine) :P

If you want more spawns, maybe an addon mod can BP-ise it. Or possible thing for a 'Baldurdash'-style balancing mod. Lets wait till a stable release before we balance things OK?

Area (number or screen) where bug occurred:  (AR9700)

Description of Bug: I got a CTD here that was caused by a bad spawn point.  It was triggered at spawn point 2.  I looked up the spawn point and one of the options is RDGIBB.  Pulled up spawngrp.2da and RDGIBB has gibbmout listed.  Couldn't find this one so I think that it is the culprit.

View Post

Ascension64 took that file from BP-BGT that is not the best option.... ;)
The right one for BGT is in attachment. To be more specific - this one is just located in ToB\override\ and it's not necessary to touch it at all with BGT.

As far as there're too many THIN compatibility moments and as far as BP has/will have a totally rebuilt CRE system (for example) I think there's only one option for us to make everything compatible: to demand BP 1.7 installation after BGT. I don't see any other alternative.

View Post

Yeah, SPAWNGRP.2DA caused some problems. Thus, I don't need to include it at all, KD?

Let's see what horred has to say about BP...

Edited by Ascension64, 31 March 2005 - 06:41 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder

#19 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 06:44 AM

Yeah, SPAWNGRP.2DA caused some problems.  Thus, I don't need to include it at all, KD?

Exactly. Bardez used already existing ToB version.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#20 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 12:14 PM

I'm told that BG1-style spawn points don't work in the BG2 engine.
Repeating cycle of pubes / no pubes.

A Comprehensive Listing of IE Mods