BP Animations Scheme

#42 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:55 AM

Next Baldurdash-WeiDU update.

HUNDREDS of incorrect resources references fixed (to non-existing BAMs, ITMs, CREs, WAVs, SPLs etc.).

Both BGT and ToB.

----------------------------------------------

List of found resources taken from other mods, unused or that duplicate existing ones with screwed versions:

HIGHHED2, HIGHHED3.STO, BJAHEI.D - unused

LYROS.CRE - from TDD

HOBCAP01.CRE
JAGA4.CRE
UDGITH02-05.CRE
VICONI16.CRE
ANNALOS.CRE
HAEGAN.CRE
EDWIN15.CRE - overwrite originals with modified versions with references to non-existing resources.

All of them should be removed from the installation package.

Edited by King Diamond, 06 April 2005 - 10:04 AM.

(last update: 02-12-2008)
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#43 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 10:45 AM

Creature spawns do NOT work the same coming from BG1 to BG2 this was re-emphasized as I went to the gnoll stronghold, I explored the whole area and not counting caves I ran into a grand total of 6 xvarts and 12 gnolls, this includes onesies that popped up in areas that I was walking back over.

I found a way to make it work as it should be. BG2 works via SPAWNGRP.2DA. So we shall create BGT-related spawngroups and add them to AREs' spawnpoints. It's working - I've just checked. But still I have to find out what 'Difficulty' means as well as how we can control number of spawned creatures. Need some experimenting....

Btw, spawngroup name must start with RD - otherwise the game will crush searching for a creature to spawn. If it starts with RD (RDGnoll, RDBGGibb etc) it will search 2DA.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#44 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 05:10 AM

I've changed AR6900.ARE mistakenly in some previous post killing Kagain's quest.

That area had invalid creatures in spawns so this is a fixed RIGHT version (with alive Kagain quest).

AR6900.ARE

------------------------------------------------------

About the spawns. There couldn't be done anything better than BP version of spawngrp.2da (hail Horred for those extra >200 columns! :thumb: ). And there're only 49 areas that have spawns to update + some WeidU magic to write that into 2DA. An update will follow soon.......

Edited by King Diamond, 07 April 2005 - 05:22 AM.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#45 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 11:05 AM

I've changed AR6900.ARE mistakenly in some previous post killing Kagain's quest.

That area had invalid creatures in spawns so this is a fixed RIGHT version (with alive Kagain quest).

AR6900.ARE

------------------------------------------------------

About the spawns. There couldn't be done anything better than BP version of spawngrp.2da (hail Horred for those extra >200 columns!  :thumb: ). And there're only 49 areas that have spawns to update + some WeidU magic to write that into 2DA. An update will follow soon.......

View Post

Great work, KD--I look forward to your final version.

P.S: Glad somebody appreciates all those extra spawns. ;)

#46 -Uninvited Guest-

-Uninvited Guest-

Posted 07 April 2005 - 12:33 PM

Regardless, what about the compatability between the upcoming BP 1.7 and BGT-WeiDU? : :unsure:

#47 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 09:10 PM

Regardless, what about the compatability between the upcoming BP 1.7 and BGT-WeiDU? : :unsure:

View Post

That is the plan, but I will have to see BP 1.7 first and Horred will have to see a stable version of BGT-WeiDU.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#48 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 10:19 AM

Here it is:
NewSpawns.rar

New BGT spawn system. The archive contains 49 modified ARE files + .tp2 with some tricky SPAWNGRP.2DA patching (just look at the result after the installation ;) ).
I hope an overall BGT difficulty is much closer now to bg1 original (or it can be even harder in some occasions as I suspect).

TP2 contains the patches for several ToB/SoA areas as well - to suit new BGT songlist (they had references to non-existing ToB songs that've been replaced by BG1 resources).

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#49 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 10:56 AM

String from TP2:
STRING_SET ~10172~ @9287

This patch is wrong.

Both Xzar's bio and AR0015 infotrigger (library signs) point to that string. So Xzar's bio should be patched separately - not just by replacing old strref.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#50 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 10:59 AM

A short while ago, Camdawg posted about a BGII fixpack that is currently being tested and is meant to replace Baldurdash. Is there any chance of you collaborating with that group in order to make sure you get all the bugs, or do you prefer to keep your efforts independent?
"Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil." - Ferret

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#51 weigo

weigo
  • Modder
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 02:32 PM

Here it is:
NewSpawns.rar

New BGT spawn system. The archive contains 49 modified ARE files + .tp2 with some tricky SPAWNGRP.2DA patching (just look at the result after the installation  ;) ).
I hope an overall BGT difficulty is much closer now to bg1 original (or it can be even harder in some occasions as I suspect).

TP2 contains the patches for several ToB/SoA areas as well - to suit new BGT songlist (they had references to non-existing ToB songs that've been replaced by BG1 resources).

View Post

Its a real tricky 2da installation. But don't we need 14 lines? The patching only worked for me adding two more *=======--- in every tp2 line.

Edited by weigo, 08 April 2005 - 02:33 PM.

Modification:

BP-BGT-Worldmap-v6.6 (Download)

#52 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 04:45 PM

List of found resources taken from other mods, unused or that duplicate existing ones with screwed versions:

HIGHHED2, HIGHHED3.STO

You will also find that the Friend Arms Inn Store (FRIEND.STO) has a few duplicates as well. Best I can tell, BioWare had planned to make the store change inventory during the game but it never was implemented. That and HighHedge are the only two stores I can think of that have duplicates.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#53 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 04:10 AM

A short while ago, Camdawg posted about a BGII fixpack that is currently being tested and is meant to replace Baldurdash.  Is there any chance of you collaborating with that group in order to make sure you get all the bugs, or do you prefer to keep your efforts independent?

View Post

I think Baldurdash-WeiDU is a part of it (so it's planned to be). But still I had no chance to look at their work at the moment....

Its a real tricky 2da installation. But don't we need 14 lines? The patching only worked for me adding two more *=======--- in every tp2 line.

14? You mean 10.... ToB has 8 lines. BP has 10 lines but never uses extra 2. So why should we bother ourself? 8 monsters per spawn is more than enough I think.

Edited by King Diamond, 09 April 2005 - 04:10 AM.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#54 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 05:24 AM

String from TP2:

STRING_SET ~10172~ @9287

This patch is wrong.

Both Xzar's bio and AR0015 infotrigger (library signs) point to that string. So Xzar's bio should be patched separately - not just by replacing old strref.

View Post

It's clear now. AR0015.ARE has mistakenly changed strref for info trigger Info6508. It should be 14931 ("Candlekeep") instead of present 10172 that is Xzar's bio. So the only necessary action there is to change 1 ARE's strref.

Edited by King Diamond, 09 April 2005 - 05:24 AM.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#55 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 05:50 AM

Whew, finally got all these new fixes in.

1. The songs are now correct, using CDay2 instead of TDay and CNite instead of TNite.
2. The redundant files I already went through, except the ITMs, so that's all good
3. The banters are in, as well as the item changes and the fixed AR6900
4. SPAWNGRP.2DA patch is in as well as ToB music fixes -- however, I have NOT put in the sound patches at the very end of your .tp2 because those sound files don't exist at all (except for KIVAN09, which just requires a text patch and the changing of KIVAN-/2/4/6 to get the sound.
5. I already had a look at AR0015 and fixed, thanks.

With the dialog importation, unfortunately, I am going to keep ploughing on with this. The reason being that I'd rather make it easier for all those keen non-English people to work their translations, otherwise they will have to waste heaps of time translating BG1 StrRefs that probably already have been fully translated by BioWare in foreign language releases. I don't want to waste that time, and I am taking the risk of creating more errors to help them. Hopefully, in time, the bugs will be stamped out.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#56 weigo

weigo
  • Modder
  • 130 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 06:18 AM

Here it is:
NewSpawns.rar

New BGT spawn system. The archive contains 49 modified ARE files + .tp2 with some tricky SPAWNGRP.2DA patching (just look at the result after the installation  ;) ).

View Post

View Post

This is what weidu says on my installation with your tp2 file:
Cannot append column-wise because there are 14 lines in spawngrp.2da but I was only given 12 things to append
Stopping installation because of error.

You are right, there are 10 lines for monsters. But don't we need 14 lines in the tp2 file, because 10 lines for monsters, 2 lines for difficult and groupname and two lines for 2da version and *.

Edited by weigo, 09 April 2005 - 06:19 AM.

Modification:

#57 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 06:45 AM

You are right, there are 10 lines for monsters. But don't we need 14 lines in the tp2 file, because 10 lines for monsters, 2 lines for difficult and groupname and two lines for 2da version and *.

View Post

You are right.
You have BP version of 2DA with total 12 lines so there's an error during the installation.

I said already some time ago. There're so many intersections between BGT and BP-BGT that there's no other choice than just to demand BGT-WeiDU installation prior to the new BP(BGT)- v1.7. It's almost impossible to track all compatibility issues from BGT side and it's much more easier to do that from BP side 'coz even if BP adds some major changes those changes still include (or will include) everything that BGT adds + BP specific stuff. So I'd say hat BGT is a subset of BP-BGT.

And if we keep such an installation sequence - BGT-BP - everything will be fine.

So the present version of BGT-WeiDu is not fully compatible with existing BP 1.6. If you wish to try it you should install it just on top of simple ToB.

Edited by King Diamond, 09 April 2005 - 06:46 AM.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#58 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 06:48 AM

Small fix: combat music index for AR6900.ARE should be 98 instead of current 86.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#59 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 06:51 AM

With the dialog importation, unfortunately, I am going to keep ploughing on with this.  The reason being that I'd rather make it easier for all those keen non-English people to work their translations, otherwise they will have to waste heaps of time translating BG1 StrRefs that probably already have been fully translated by BioWare in foreign language releases.  I don't want to waste that time, and I am taking the risk of creating more errors to help them.  Hopefully, in time, the bugs will be stamped out.

View Post

Is it possible to make it optional? It could save a lot of debugging time at least for english-spoken ppl.... :P

Edited by King Diamond, 09 April 2005 - 06:51 AM.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#60 weigo

weigo
  • Modder
  • 130 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 07:04 AM

View Post

You are right.
You have BP version of 2DA with total 12 lines so there's an error during the installation.

I said already some time ago. There're so many intersections between BGT and BP-BGT that there's no other choice than just to demand BGT-WeiDU installation prior to the new BP(BGT)- v1.7. It's almost impossible to track all compatibility issues from BGT side and it's much more easier to do that from BP side 'coz even if BP adds some major changes those changes still include (or will include) everything that BGT adds + BP specific stuff. So I'd say hat BGT is a subset of BP-BGT.

And if we keep such an installation sequence - BGT-BP - everything will be fine.

So the present version of BGT-WeiDu is not fully compatible with existing BP 1.6. If you wish to try it you should install it just on top of simple ToB.

View Post

I don't use BP1.6. My bg installation is the same like in ascensions signature. I use the spawngrp.2da from BGT094b-Install\BGT\Modify\2DA folder.

Modification: