• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#21 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 11:16 AM

Some dialogs are improperly decompiled. They contain only strrefs and commented texts. That should be vice versa.

An example: TREMAI.D.

(last update: 02-12-2008)
----------------------------------------------
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#22 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 05:08 PM

Some dialogs are improperly decompiled. They contain only strrefs and commented texts. That should be vice versa.

An example: TREMAI.D.

View Post

Never mind about that, all the .D will be different (most won't exist) by the next version.

Edited by Ascension64, 01 April 2005 - 05:32 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#23 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 07:50 AM

Forum doesn't accept attachments anymore...?

1) 2 areas - AR9700 & AR9800 - have not existing creatures in spawns. Those files were taken not from original BGT but from somewhere else.
Original BGT files suit good - only new song references should be updated.

2) Many missing ambients found. Everything is corrected.

3) 4 MUSes for newly added BG1 music fixed.

Update is here

Edited by King Diamond, 02 April 2005 - 08:54 AM.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#24 amazinggameguru

amazinggameguru

Spellhold Inmate

• 188 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 11:17 AM

Okay, I have made some more progress in .94b and thought I would check in with what I've found.

At the Nashkel Mine I spoke with the soldiers at the entrance to the mine and they gave me a dialog that indicated I had already cleared the mines and come back out. I don't think this is the right dialog but didn't check for sure

Picked up the tome of leadership and influence BOOK07.itm and can't equip it in a quick slot

The bam for SW1H06 is wrong, it is using one that looks like a normal +1 longsword, if you look at the bam from bg1 you will see the correct one

Xan's moonblade is marked as a dagger but he only has proficiency in short sword. We should either change his prof or the weapon type.

I picked up both Dynaheir and Xan who are at lvl 4 however the base THACO for Dyna is 19 and Xan 20, didn't have reference to see which is right but one of them needs to be changed

When I was grabbing notes from Mulaheys chest there were two notes and I grabbed one but it triggered the chapter scene. when the scene finished I looked in the chest and the second note was gone. Couldn't find it in my inventory so I'm not sure what happened with it.

Creature spawns do NOT work the same coming from BG1 to BG2 this was re-emphasized as I went to the gnoll stronghold, I explored the whole area and not counting caves I ran into a grand total of 6 xvarts and 12 gnolls, this includes onesies that popped up in areas that I was walking back over.

I noticed that the fog of war is not present in some areas such as friendly arm inn and beregost.

Dynaheir has stinking cloud as a 1st level spell

I'll post more as I progress
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#25 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 10:53 PM

Okay, I have made some more progress in .94b and thought I would check in with what I've found. 

At the Nashkel Mine I spoke with the soldiers at the entrance to the mine and they gave me a dialog that indicated I had already cleared the mines and come back out.  I don't think this is the right dialog but didn't check for sure

Picked up the tome of leadership and influence BOOK07.itm and can't equip it in a quick slot

The bam for SW1H06 is wrong, it is using one that looks like a normal +1 longsword, if you look at the bam from bg1 you will see the correct one

Xan's moonblade is marked as a dagger but he only has proficiency in short sword.  We should either change his prof or the weapon type.

I picked up both Dynaheir and Xan who are at lvl 4 however the base THACO for Dyna is 19 and Xan 20, didn't have reference to see which is right but one of them needs to be changed

When I was grabbing notes from Mulaheys chest there were two notes and I grabbed one but it triggered the chapter scene.  when the scene finished I looked in the chest and the second note was gone.  Couldn't find it in my inventory so I'm not sure what happened with it.

Creature spawns do NOT work the same coming from BG1 to BG2 this was re-emphasized as I went to the gnoll stronghold, I explored the whole area and not counting caves I ran into a grand total of 6 xvarts and 12 gnolls, this includes onesies that popped up in areas that I was walking back over.

I noticed that the fog of war is not present in some areas such as friendly arm inn and beregost.

Dynaheir has stinking cloud as a 1st level spell

I'll post more as I progress

View Post

Cheers, I'll have a look eventually. :thumb: Nothing game-breaking at least.

However, I do know that killing Sarevok won't finish the game (dammit! :bash: ), and I have fixed that for a later version. KD can check this for me, but AR7225.BAF references BGSarvok which doesn't exist as a death variable anymore because Sarevok is imported from BG1 with variable Sarevok. So I changed AR7225.BAF to reference Sarevok instead of BGSarvok.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#26 amazinggameguru

amazinggameguru

Spellhold Inmate

• 188 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 01:14 AM

okay, a couple more

picked up kagain and he is a level 4 fighter but his base thac0 is only 19

Noticed that nimbul never appeared so I went into the bcs file to take a look
IF
Global("NibulSpawn","GLOBAL",0)
Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",4)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("NibulSpawn","GLOBAL",1)
CreateCreature("NIMBUL",[1249.693],0) // Nimbul
END

The 'm' in Nimbul has been left out of the variable
Change this to read
IF
Global("NimbulSpawn","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("NimbulSpawn","GLOBAL",1)
CreateCreature("NIMBUL",[1249.693],0) // Nimbul
END
Once I changed the bcs the encounter ran fine.

#27 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 01:07 AM

At the Nashkel Mine I spoke with the soldiers at the entrance to the mine and they gave me a dialog that indicated I had already cleared the mines and come back out.  I don't think this is the right dialog but didn't check for sure

View Post

I've posted it before - AMNISH3.BCS, AMNISH4.BCS fixes.

IF
Global("NibulSpawn","GLOBAL",0)

Names of Globals don't have any connection to creatures spawning... :) I don't know what has happened there with "NibulSpawn" but both scripts are absolutely the same. :D (I had Nimbul spawned in my game and hadn't seen any problems there).

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#28 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 05:03 AM

Xan's moonblade is marked as a dagger but he only has proficiency in short sword.  We should either change his prof or the weapon type.

Here is a fix:
NPCs_thac0.rar

Not only Xan but 50% of all NPCs had wrong THAC0s and saving throws. Fixed with a reference to D&D tables.
+ all wrong spell levels too. Xan's proficience changed to daggers.

I'll include that fix (and much more) into next version of Baldurdash 'coz it is one of ToB general bugs.

Edited by King Diamond, 04 April 2005 - 05:04 AM.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#29 amazinggameguru

amazinggameguru

Spellhold Inmate

• 188 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 06:24 AM

Names of Globals don't have any connection to creatures spawning... :) I don't know what has happened there with "NibulSpawn" but both scripts are absolutely the same.  :D  (I had Nimbul spawned in my game and hadn't seen any problems there).

View Post

Weird...I didn't ever run into Nimbul so I started wondering about it and pulled up the script. Looked like the global name was the problem so I changed it and it worked. I wonder why it worked different for each of us.

#30 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 09:56 AM

Baldurdash-WeiDU updated: many ITMs fixes that will affect both ToB and BGT.

+ some BGT specific files fixed here:

Itm.rar

(still can't attach anything here :crying:)

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#31 Yacomo

Yacomo

cartographer of the realms

• 485 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 01:46 AM

This is a bit off-topic, but I am posting here since it is much more likely that either Ascension64 or King Diamond read this. And apologies for not checking with BGT-WeiDU for myself, but I am really short on time at the moment and I would have to do some major HD-cleanup to free enough space for another install :(

So here we go: Basically I need some clarification, which strrefs / buttons are used for which purpose in BGT-WeiDU. In more detail:
There is some confusion in the BGT-GUI thread concerning the menu button labelling. I have set up the tp2 file according to the button usage in BP-BGT. This means, I have replaced the 'Baldur's Gate 1' string I found in BP-BGT with 'New Game' and the 'Baldur's Gate 2' string with 'New BG2 Game'. Not sure, but I think the BG2 button is the former Tutorial button, since a modified confirmation dialog informing you that you are about to skip BG1 pops up in BP-BGT. In BP-BGT the 'New Game' label now appears on both, SoA and ToB start screens, the 'New BG2 Button' only on the SoA one. This works fine with BP-BGT, but apparently the buttons (or their labels) are switched in BGT-WeiDU. Did you change the usage of buttons intentionally or do we have some weird strref issue here (thought the basic strref numbers were always the same)?

#32 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 03:19 AM

This is a bit off-topic, but I am posting here since it is much more likely that either Ascension64 or King Diamond read this. And apologies for not checking with BGT-WeiDU for myself, but I am really short on time at the moment and I would have to do some major HD-cleanup to free enough space for another install :(

So here we go: Basically I need some clarification, which strrefs / buttons are used for which purpose in BGT-WeiDU. In more detail:
There is some confusion in the BGT-GUI thread concerning the menu button labelling. I have set up the tp2 file according to the button usage in BP-BGT. This means, I have replaced the 'Baldur's Gate 1' string I found in BP-BGT with 'New Game' and the 'Baldur's Gate 2' string with 'New BG2 Game'. Not sure, but I think the BG2 button is the former Tutorial button, since a modified confirmation dialog informing you that you are about to skip BG1 pops up in BP-BGT. In BP-BGT the 'New Game' label now appears on both, SoA and ToB start screens, the 'New BG2 Button' only on the SoA one. This works fine with BP-BGT, but apparently the buttons (or their labels) are switched in BGT-WeiDU. Did you change the usage of buttons intentionally or do we have some weird strref issue here (thought the basic strref numbers were always the same)?

View Post

See the other thread for troubleshooting info, but I will tell you what I changed.

At the first screen where you choose SHADOWS OF AMN or THRONE OF BHAAL, the SHADOWS OF AMN has been changed to BALDUR'S GATE, and the dialog box description beneath has been adjusted accordingly. In the Shadows of Amn SINGLE PLAYER screen, TUTORIAL has been changed to BALDUR'S GATE I, and the dialogue box saying that you are about to start a tutorial has been changed to a more fitting description.

--------------
Retired Modder

#33 Yacomo

Yacomo

cartographer of the realms

• 485 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 03:28 AM

At the first screen where you choose SHADOWS OF AMN or THRONE OF BHAAL, the SHADOWS OF AMN has been changed to BALDUR'S GATE, and the dialog box description beneath has been adjusted accordingly.  In the Shadows of Amn SINGLE PLAYER screen, TUTORIAL has been changed to BALDUR'S GATE I, and the dialogue box saying that you are about to start a tutorial has been changed to a more fitting description.

View Post

Okay, that explains it then. You are using the buttons exactly opposite to the way Horred used them :crying:
Any chance of switching them back to the way Horred used them? Please, pretty please? I liked it much better when I was warned that I am going so skip BG1.

Of course we can just change string contents if my beg is in vain :(

#34 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 03:35 AM

1) Many unused files that can be removed from the installation package:
BHAALDAG, DARTCTRL, C2SW2H01, EFML01, SPRDEATH, SW1HACID, SW1HCOLD, SW1HFIRE, SW2H22, SW2H23, TRLHLM - all ITM.

AR4208.BAF - taken from CtB.

2) BANCUT02.BAF update (TP2):
COPY_EXISTING ~BANCUT01.BCS~ ~override~
  DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~"AR1900"~ ~"AR8700"~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~ChangeAIScript("bandct",OVERRIDE)~ ~ChangeAIScript("bandit",OVERRIDE)~
  COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS

3) CUT01.BCS and CUTD1.BCS update (TP2):
COPY_EXISTING ~CUT01.BCS~ ~override~
    DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~"Imoen"~ ~"Imoen2"~
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~None~ ~~
    COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS

4) Is any of SBT_....BCS necessary (except the ones for Edwin, Imoen, Jaheira, Minsc and Viconia)? I cant find any place that they are used from.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#35 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 03:45 AM

4) Is any of SBT_....BCS necessary (except the ones for Edwin, Imoen, Jaheira, Minsc and Viconia)? I cant find any place that they are used from.

Hmm...yes. If I didn't screw up, things like Kagain and Coran may have LEAVE*** in the Compat section, e.g. LEAVECRN.D in TS (not BGT) uses SBTCRN

--------------
Retired Modder

#36 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 04:11 AM

COPY_EXISTING ~xxxxxxx.DLG~ ~override~
DECOMPILE_DLG_TO_D
COMPILE_D_TO_DLG
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

Following ToB dialogs must be patched as shown above:
AATAQAH
AERIE25J
AMBAR01
BAERIE25
BAZEYE01
BAZMONK
BCERND25
BJAHEI25
FSSPIR2
GORIMP01
HAERD25J
HGWRA01
IGOLEM2
ISHADMT1
JAHEI25J
JAN25J
MAZZY25J
MINSCA
RIELEV
SAREV25A
UNUSED
VICON25J
YOSHIMO.

+2 dialogs that I'm not sure of 'coz they use Name("Imoen",..) function. It that function looks for DeathVar - patching is required. If for the symbolic NAME - patching is prohibited:

HGNYA01.DLG, JAHEIRA.DLG

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#37 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 05:06 AM

Name() checks death variable.
Repeating cycle of pubes / no pubes.

A Comprehensive Listing of IE Mods

#38 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 06:20 AM

COPY_EXISTING ~xxxxxxx.DLG~ ~override~
DECOMPILE_DLG_TO_D
COMPILE_D_TO_DLG
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

Following ToB dialogs must be patched as shown above:
AATAQAH
AERIE25J
AMBAR01
BAERIE25
BAZEYE01
BAZMONK
BCERND25
BJAHEI25
FSSPIR2
GORIMP01
HAERD25J
HGWRA01
IGOLEM2
ISHADMT1
JAHEI25J
JAN25J
MAZZY25J
MINSCA
RIELEV
SAREV25A
UNUSED
VICON25J
YOSHIMO.

+2 dialogs that I'm not sure of 'coz they use Name("Imoen",..) function. It that function looks for DeathVar - patching is required. If for the symbolic NAME - patching is prohibited:

HGNYA01.DLG, JAHEIRA.DLG

View Post

If you look at Replace.D in Base\D, I'm sure most of these are in there.

--------------
Retired Modder

#39 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 06:34 AM

DELTHY.D

Statement number 17 has typos GLOABL instead of GLOBAL.

@Asc
Plz make sure to patch loads of typos when you'll be importing DLGs from BG1 (!).
BGT has most of them fixed. Just use NI Tools/Check triggers & Actions option to track them down.

I'm making a 2nd BDash edition now but only for BG2 part by eliminating such things....

If you look at Replace.D in Base\D, I'm sure most of these are in there

Have you checked how does it work? I had all mentioned dialogs unpatched.

Edited by King Diamond, 05 April 2005 - 06:37 AM.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#40 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 03:09 AM

New version of Baldurdash-WeiDU contains all BG1 fixes now and in that way corrects several BGT errors.

@Asc
Plz notice that BGT version of dialogs already contain fixes for NUMEROUS BG1 bugs/typos. If you plan to import them from BG1 during the installation process you will have to make all those fixes by yourself. Spending some time yesterday fixing bg2 dialogs and scripts spelling for BD v1.2 I can suggest you now not to do that.... DLGs take not too much space to type hundreds of patches instead.
It works already - don't break it! :P

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme