Photo

BGT-Weidu +Mods installation instructions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
61 replies to this topic

#1 Dunderdon

Dunderdon
  • 62 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 11:19 AM

Recently the forum was filled with questions like "What is the best and largest possible combination of Weidu mods with BGT-Weidu?", "In which order should I install the mods?" or "Which versions of the mods do I need?"

My installation instructions do not claim to be correct, they could not be as I was not at all involved in the creation of these mods, nor do I have any idea of modding, but I tried the installation quite often, read lots of threads about various problems and tried things out.

What follows is how I installed the monster on my computer with German versions of BG1 and BG2 (which should not make a difference).

Please keep in mind that it is still beta and might not work.

I. PREPARING YOUR INSTALL (part 1)

1. Backup your installation of Bg2:ToB, especially the portaits and characters folders (You don't need to backup the folders CD1, CD2, CD3, CD4 and CD5) to save your previous installation attempts.
2. Uninstall Bg2:Tob and Bg2:SoA
3. Delete your Bg2 game directory
4. Make sure you have about 10 GB free disc space

II. INSTALLING THE GAME

1. Install a full install of Bg2:SoA
2. Install a full install of Bg2:ToB
3. Apply the patch 26498 for Bg2:ToB

4. Start Bg and configure the game
5. Start a new game and walk around a few steps
6. Exit the game

7. Install a custom install with all boxes ticked of Bg1
8. Install a custom install with all boxes ticked of TotSC
9. Apply the patch BGTI5512.zip for Bg1 TotSC

Note: If you have the 3-CD version of BG1, replace steps 7-9 with: Install a custom installation with all boxes ticked of the 3-cd version of BG1 ;-)

10. Start Bg2:ToB and configure the game.
11. Select Throne of Bhaal, start a new game and walk around a few steps. (You can also start a new SoA game but then you have to wait and watch the Irenicus-scene)
12. Exit the game

III. EXTRACTING THE WEIDU-MODS

1. Extract the following RAR archives to your game directory by right clicking them and selecting Extract files, then specifying your game directory:
SoS-WeiDUv102.rar
NeJ2v30b.rar
DSotSC4BGT-BPv160.rar
NTotSC4BGT-BPv120.rar
BGT099b3-Install.rar
BP-BGT Worldmap v3b.rar
Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.4.rar
Weimer-Ease of Use-v32.rar

2. Extract the following self-extracting archives (EXE) BY RIGHT CLICKING THEM, SELECTING EXTRACT FILES, THEN SPECIFYING YOUR GAME DIRECTORY (this prevents autorun of the setup files):
TDD_weiduv1.exe (this file is inside TDD WeiDUv1.zip)
Weimer-TacticsMod-v23.exe
Ascension-WeiDU-v1.4.21.exe
BG1NPC-BGT-v1.exe
G3Tweaks-v11.exe

3. Extract the following zip-archives by right clicking them, selecting extract files, then specifying your game directory:
TDDweidu1to2patch-fixed.zip (you get this file from horred's yahoogroup) and overwrite all files
NeJ2v31b.zip (overwrite all files)

IIII. PREPARING YOUR INSTALLATION (part 2)

1. Open Setup-TDD.tp2 with Notepad and search for Mage_All
2. Replace the lines
COPY_EXISTING ~CLASS.IDS~ ~override/CLASS.IDS~
	REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~202 LONG_BOW~ ~202 MAGE_ALL~
with
//COPY_EXISTING ~CLASS.IDS~ ~override/CLASS.IDS~
	//REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~202 LONG_BOW~ ~202 MAGE_ALL~

3. Open Setup-DSotSC.tp2 with Notepad and search for Sto3201
4. Replace the lines
COPY_EXISTING ~STO3201.STO~ ~override~
   ADD_STORE_ITEM ~SCRL1X~ #0 #0 #0 ~IDENTIFIED~ #2
   ADD_STORE_ITEM ~SCRL1Y~ #0 #0 #0 ~IDENTIFIED~ #2
   ADD_STORE_ITEM ~SCRL7G~ #0 #0 #0 ~IDENTIFIED~ #2
   ADD_STORE_ITEM ~SCRL8W~ #0 #0 #0 ~IDENTIFIED~ #2
   ADD_STORE_ITEM ~WAND13~ #20 #0 #0 ~IDENTIFIED~ #2
with
//COPY_EXISTING ~STO3201.STO~ ~override~
	//  ADD_STORE_ITEM ~SCRL1X~ #0 #0 #0 ~IDENTIFIED~ #2
	//  ADD_STORE_ITEM ~SCRL1Y~ #0 #0 #0 ~IDENTIFIED~ #2
	//  ADD_STORE_ITEM ~SCRL7G~ #0 #0 #0 ~IDENTIFIED~ #2
	//  ADD_STORE_ITEM ~SCRL8W~ #0 #0 #0 ~IDENTIFIED~ #2
	//  ADD_STORE_ITEM ~WAND13~ #20 #0 #0 ~IDENTIFIED~ #2
5. Remove all Bg-related CDs from your drives or virtual drives and insert non-bg-related discs. (!!!)

6. Run Setup-TDD.exe, wait for the weidu-versions to be patched and then press enter. If it asks you "Install Component ..." continue as in next step.

V. INSTALLING THE WEIDU-MODS (finally!)

1. Run Setup-TDD.exe.
When asked "Install Component [THE DARKEST DAY V 103A WEIDU]" select y
When asked "Install Component [TDD Character Kits]" select y
When asked "Install Component [THE LONG WAIT --Tilesets and bif's-- Yes you need these!!!]" select y
Press ENTER to exit and wait while the areas and sounds are handled (about 10 minutes)

2. Run Setup-SoS.exe
When asked "Install Component [Shadows over Soubar, v102 Weidu]" select y
Press ENTER to exit and wait while the areas and sounds are handled (about 10 minutes)
Close the Readme and press enter to close the dos-window.

3. Copy tisunpack.exe from the SOS subfolder of your game directory to your game directory (yes, vile SOS took it away.)

4. Run Setup-NeJ2.exe
When asked "What should be done with all components that are not yet installed?" select i
Wait while NeJ2 installs (about 5 minutes)

5. Run Setup-BGT-Prep.exe (make sure that you removed all bg-related discs from your drives!)
When asked "Insall Component [Baldur's Gate Trilogy Pre-installation Setup]" select y
Press ENTER to exit ...
Enter the full path of your Baldur's Gate 1 installation, then press enter.
Wait while BGT backs up the NeJ-override (about 5 minutes)

The main setup starts ...

When asked "What should be done with all components that are NOT YET installed?" select a
When asked "Install Component [Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core]" select y
When asked "Install Component [OPTIONAL: Baldur's Gate Trilogy - XP reduction for traps, locks and spells]" select n for an

easy and y for a little more challenging game.
When asked "Install Component [OPTIONAL: Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Intelligent EscapeArea()]" select n
When asked "Install Component [OPTIONAL: Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Menu Screens]" select y
When asked "Install Component [OPTIONAL: Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Change Elminster wielding sword to Elminster wielding staff in

start screen]" select whatever you want.
Press ENTER to exit and wait while BGT performs the magical task to make one game out of two. (about 45 minutes)
Press enter when the installation is complete.

6. Run Setup-DSotSC.exe
and install all components
Press ENTER to exit and wait for the compression...

7. Run Setup-NTotSC.exe
Press ENTER to exit and wait for the compression...

8. Run Setup-BG1NPCBGT.exe
and install whatever components you like.
Press ENTER to exit

9. Run Setup-Ascension.exe
and install whatever components you like.
Press ENTER to exit

10. Run Setup-Tactics.exe
and install whatever components you like
EXCEPT new kits
Press ENTER to exit

11. Run Setup-BD-ToB.exe
Press ENTER to exit

12. Run Setup-G3Tweaks.exe
EXCEPT new kits or components that interfer with other installed components (better don't install unlimited capacity bags of holding in G3Tweaks if you install it in Ease of Use)
Press ENTER to exit

13. Run Setup-Ease.exe
EXCEPT new kits or components that interfer with previsouly installed components
Press ENTER to exit

14. Run Setup BP-BGT Worldmap.exe
Press ENTER to exit and wait for the compression... (about 10 minutes)

VI. FAQ

Q: Where do I get this or that file?
A: From http://iegmc.mirror.intermedia.com.sg
unless mentioned otherwise.

Q: A problem occurs while installing Bg1NPC and it asks me to send WeiDu.log to someone I don't know.
A: I thought this might happen! Bg1NPC is the most difficult part to install. You probably didn't do anything wrong, I just didn't post which lines you have to change in the .tp2 file. I messed around with it in my installation and tried to figure out which way it should have been and wrote this in the instructions, but I could have overlooked something. Please pm me your DEBUG file and weidu.log. I will update the instructions.

Q: A problem occurs while installing any other mod and it asks me to send WeiDu.log to someone I don't know.
A: I have no idea what could be wrong. When this happened to me I usually deleted the lines in the tp2 file that caused the problem and tried if the monster will work. This probably causes the CtD that I have to work around. However, as long as this is very rarely the case the game is still enjoyable to my mind and better than not having mods at all. Please send me your weidu.log and the DEBUG file of the mod that caused the problem and I will take a look at it. However you can still skip that mod and enjoy a slightly lighter version of the monster.

Q: AREA XYZ produces a CTD when loaded.
A: This happened with two or three (not so important) areas in my installation as well (e.g. DSotSC fortress). Backup the AREA file, then open it in NI and delete all Actors. Then it should work. Alternatively, you could avoid the area by CLUAConsole-ing to the desired area.

Q: AREA XYZ produces a CTD when i walk around on it.
A: This happened with two or threr (not so important) areas in my installation as well (e.g. the area before the gnoll fortress, Area S of Beregost). You can pass them by pausing the game when the AREA is loaded, then Ctrl-J to the edge of the map where you want to leave it and leave it immediately.

Q: Why do you recommend installing BG1NPC version 1 instead of 2?
A: I had serious trouble with version 2. Try it out if you feel lucky.

Q: Why do you recommend installing NEJ2 although it is said that it is incompatible?
A: The readme says that part1 is much more stable in NEJ2 than it is in NEJ1. I can't say anything about it because I never played it yet, because I have too much mods installed which makes it difficult to finish a game :blush:. This means that you can of course also install NeJ1. I mainly have it because of the Charming Rogue Kit.

Q: Why don't the NPCs have kits?
A: They don't have kits in BG1 and no mod changed them. If you want a party member to have kits, simply save your game, open it in NI, look up which clabfile the preferred kit uses in kitlist.2da, open that clabfile, remove all the GA_ and AP_ entries below and at the current level of the NPC and add them at the next level that your NPC will gain. Then edit your savegame and change the kit in the CRE file of the character.

Q: Imoen does not answer to NPC-NPC banters and the player initiated dialogues won't work.
A: True. However, there is no support for BG1NPC BGT version as it is just a conversion of a TuTu mod.

Q: Why didn't you install the Imoen Romance or the Bioware banter packs?
A: If you do that many gb1npc banters won't work anymore. Simply install it after you completed the bg1 part of the game and reinstall the worldmap if you experience problems.

Q: Why didn't you install SoBH, CtB, ... ?
A: I don't know. Either I heard that it might cause problems and didn't try to solve them or I was too lazy to download them. There might be installation instructions with any of these mods included in a later version, but you can of course install them right now.

Q: I have read that I should install TDD after SOS!?
A: You have to do that if you don't replace the lines in setup-tdd.tp2. However, most mods won't work if you don't replace those lines.

Q: I found an error in your installation instructions!
A: Feel free to post it!

Edited by Dunderdon, 31 July 2005 - 11:23 AM.

#2 jcompton

jcompton
  • Modder
  • 492 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 12:08 PM

Okay, I'll bite.

BGT guys, how on earth did you manage to break the Banter Pack?

#3 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 01:23 PM

Several corrections:

DSotSC and NTotSC now have version for BGT-Weidu. Therefore, don't mess with the TP2 files. I even fixed the areas that crashed (spawn issues).

SoBH also works with BGT-Weidu.

JCompton:
I haven't even looked at the BG1NPC Banter Pack yet (this should be the one he is referring to not the SoA Banter Pack. The BG1 banters are a conversion for the Tutu mod and they of course use the "_" naming of files so it doesn't work here. Version 8 of BG1NPC may work with BGT-Weidu but I haven't gotten to it yet to test. There is no version 9 yet for BGT or BGT-Weidu.

Edited by Sir BillyBob, 31 July 2005 - 01:24 PM.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#4 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 31 July 2005 - 02:17 PM

JCompton:
I haven't even looked at the BG1NPC Banter Pack yet (this should be the one he is referring to not the SoA Banter Pack.  The BG1 banters are a conversion for the Tutu mod and they of course use the "_" naming of files so it doesn't work here.  Version 8 of BG1NPC may work with BGT-Weidu but I haven't gotten to it yet to test.  There is no version 9 yet for BGT or BGT-Weidu.

View Post

No, it sounds like he's referring to the BG2 variant:

Q: Why didn't you install the Imoen Romance or the Bioware banter packs?
A: If you do that many gb1npc banters won't work anymore. Simply install it after you completed the bg1 part of the game and reinstall the worldmap if you experience problems.

He's saying that installing the BG2 banter pack breaks the BG1 banter pack.

#5 Dunderdon

Dunderdon
  • 62 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 03:23 PM

He's saying that installing the BG2 banter pack breaks the BG1 banter pack.

View Post

I'm not sure about this. When I played the bg1 part for the first time (with the bioware banter packs for bg2 installed) the romanceable characters in bg2 didn't say a single line. It might have an other reason.. but installing the bioware bg2 banter packs after finishing the bg1 part shouldn't be a problem as weidu mods usually don't require starting a new game.

#6 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 06:04 PM

There is a long ago issue about the SoA banterpack working with BP (this goes back to the TeamBG forum gang). Anyway, J and Vlad kind of pointed fingers at each other because of the way the romances run (they don't use the same methods of coding). I don't think anyone ever really locked down the true problem. I have used the banter pack (only in BP) and didn't have any problems. Other times I did.

Normally you do not install SOA mods until after you transition to SoA. It shouldn't cause problems if you install early but Hlid and I both agree that less mods are better if you are prone to bad installs.

However, I have never tried the BG1NPC mod with the SoA banter. Who knows? The built in romances should be an issue, this is for banters not a flirt pack. Most of the SoA banters are going to require non-BG1 NPCs anyway (Aerie, Cern, etc). What I don't know is if it is possible to get SoA banters to trigger while in BG1 (wouldn't that be a riot - Minsc do you miss Dynaheir? Yes, even when she is right here.)

Anyway, I don't know if anyone has really tested combining the two banter packs like that. Could be entertaining, and it could work just fine.

Classic Adventures

#7 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 11:00 PM

Very detailed install guide indeed. Well done, Dunderdon! :coolthumb:
I must say that such guides will probably need to become updated fairly often, so if you are up to that, then that is even greater.

With regards to banter packs, BGT-WeiDU 0.99 BETA 3 could possibly break all banters. This is not confirmed, but my personal run-through of the original 0.99 BETA did not trigger a single B******* dialogue. Can anyone else confirm this?

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#8 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 05:03 AM

There is a long ago issue about the SoA banterpack working with BP (this goes back to the TeamBG forum gang).  Anyway, J and Vlad kind of pointed fingers at each other because of the way the romances run (they don't use the same methods of coding).  I don't think anyone ever really locked down the true problem.  I have used the banter pack (only in BP) and didn't have any problems.  Other times I did.

Well, the BG2 Banter Pack uses the banter engine in exactly the same way as the original BG2 banters, which is why it's quite a feat for anything to manage to break it. I'd suggest that it might be worth somebody going over some of the coding for BG1NPC-BGT, BP, or whatever's causing the problem, because it's potentially going to break a lot of other stuff too.
Repeating cycle of pubes / no pubes.

A Comprehensive Listing of IE Mods

#9 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 06:26 AM

Well, the BG2 Banter Pack uses the banter engine in exactly the same way as the original BG2 banters, which is why it's quite a feat for anything to manage to break it.

Which is why I was never sold into the idea that it couldn't be installed into BP. Several of us had used it and it worked fine. I never used the flirt pack so I can't say on that one. Bottom line, before the demise of TeamBG this was never resolved.

My issue at this point will be to see if BG1NPCv9 and the SoA BanterPack can work together in a BGT-BP world. Since Tutu doesn't have a way to test this, only in BGT-BP can we see if the two mods conflict.

As for breaking other "stuff", only "stuff" that overwrites the IDS files or ARE/CRE files of BP or BGT-BP (DoS, some NPC mods) are going to break something. Even your own Quest Pack worked great with BP and you modified Xzar with success!

Classic Adventures

#10 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 03:17 AM

Well, the BG2 Banter Pack uses the banter engine in exactly the same way as the original BG2 banters, which is why it's quite a feat for anything to manage to break it.

Which is why I was never sold into the idea that it couldn't be installed into BP. Several of us had used it and it worked fine. I never used the flirt pack so I can't say on that one. Bottom line, before the demise of TeamBG this was never resolved.

My issue at this point will be to see if BG1NPCv9 and the SoA BanterPack can work together in a BGT-BP world. Since Tutu doesn't have a way to test this, only in BGT-BP can we see if the two mods conflict.

As for breaking other "stuff", only "stuff" that overwrites the IDS files or ARE/CRE files of BP or BGT-BP (DoS, some NPC mods) are going to break something. Even your own Quest Pack worked great with BP and you modified Xzar with success!

View Post

I had a look at a probable issue with INTERDIA.2DA and it seems intact. So its not that.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#11 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 01:29 PM

Have you tried just using CTRL-I to force a banter? There aren't very many of them in BG1 anyway. Most require a specific area to be in. That is why the BG1NPC banter pack is so nice to have.

Also, I haven't looked at this yet, but did you guys fix the dialog files so that the leaving dialog doesn't trigger first anymore? Better still, did you just remove it (which is what I would do)? NPCs should leave if they are pissed or if you remove them. Not because they run out of things to say.

Classic Adventures

#12 Joneleth

Joneleth
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 02:48 AM

Do you think, I can install TSv602? It is in WeiDu format, but... If i can, what is correctly order? And sorry for my english, but I'm from Poland :).

#13 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 03:16 AM

Have you tried just using CTRL-I to force a banter?  There aren't very many of them in BG1 anyway.  Most require a specific area to be in.  That is why the BG1NPC banter pack is so nice to have.

Also, I haven't looked at this yet, but did you guys fix the dialog files so that the leaving dialog doesn't trigger first anymore?  Better still, did you just remove it (which is what I would do)?  NPCs should leave if they are pissed or if you remove them.  Not because they run out of things to say.

View Post

I'll try Ctrl-I when I get some free time. These banters start a B*******.DLG right? If so, they seem to have random triggers, so I think they might be random?

I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to say in the 2nd paragraph, but the dialogues have been fixed so they have a reaction to being dropped first, then when talked to after that ask the question of rejoining/redumping. Pissed NPCs seem to need to get very pissed before they start dialogue automatically with the player. I have no idea what you mean about NPCs leaving when they run out of things to say.

--------------
Retired Modder

#14 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 07:04 AM

Look at a *J.DLG file in DLTCEP. Imoen's or any other NPC. What you will find in BGT-BP is that usually the second or third dialog thread has a condition of False(). This means that if none of the other dialogs apply to run that dialog. The problem is that this is the same dialog file that has the person leave the group. So when Hlid and I worked on the first BG1NPC banter mod, we discovered that the new banters didn't always run because the game engine selected that dialog before selecting any of the newer dialogs added from the mod.

Some people are seeing this now with the version 8 mod as well. It is the same issue. The only fix I can see is to either fix the condition so that !InParty() is checked (in case you just removed them from the group) or change the False() condition to something else (not sure what though).

The idea of doing this is that the engine will skip that dialog and select another banter to use instead (if available). If none of the other dialog options are available, usually the game selects the dialog to leave the party. That is what I was trying to say in paragraph 2.

Banters are supposed to happen after a set period of time. Jason speeds this up with his banter tweaking script. That way, more banters can happen in a game. The engine selects an NPC, looks through the B*.DLG file and picks the first banter that meets all the conditions at that time (right area, city vs. dungeon, other person available to talk, etc). So it is possible to never have the right conditions needed. A team of the PC and Minsc will never trigger banters because they are supposed to be between 2 NPCs.

Classic Adventures

#15 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 08:51 PM

Look at a *J.DLG file in DLTCEP.  Imoen's or any other NPC.  What you will find in BGT-BP is that usually the second or third dialog thread has a condition of False().  This means that if none of the other dialogs apply to run that dialog.  The problem is that this is the same dialog file that has the person leave the group.  So when Hlid and I worked on the first BG1NPC banter mod, we discovered that the new banters didn't always run because the game engine selected that dialog before selecting any of the newer dialogs added from the mod.

Some people are seeing this now with the version 8 mod as well.  It is the same issue.  The only fix I can see is to either fix the condition so that !InParty() is checked (in case you just removed them from the group) or change the False() condition to something else (not sure what though).

The idea of doing this is that the engine will skip that dialog and select another banter to use instead (if available).  If none of the other dialog options are available, usually the game selects the dialog to leave the party.  That is what I was trying to say in paragraph 2.

Banters are supposed to happen after a set period of time.  Jason speeds this up with his banter tweaking script.  That way, more banters can happen in a game.  The engine selects an NPC, looks through the B*.DLG file and picks the first banter that meets all the conditions at that time (right area, city vs. dungeon, other person available to talk, etc).  So it is possible to never have the right conditions needed.  A team of the PC and Minsc will never trigger banters because they are supposed to be between 2 NPCs.

View Post

That's very interesting. I always thought False() was basically something that never triggers ever, so what is happening in BGT-WeiDU is that the dialogue conversion from BG1 places False() triggers on useless dialogues so they are supposedly made to never trigger. If what you say is true (which is highly likely, because you have done some testing on it), then this may be the major factor that is preventing the banters from happening.

Currently, I am busy implementing another system of dialogue that steals all strings from BG1 but has reworked D files referencing a TRAified BG1 dialog.tlk. In other words, all the BG1D files will be included in the package, but the strings will be taken from BG1 (all thanks to KD). This allows the reworking of the D files to remove redundant entries, and also to kill all useless states with False() triggers, thereby rendering banters workable...hopefully. However, this has a long way to go yet, because I am busy cataloguing all changes made for fixpack people and for future mod reference. Tedious stuff, but when I implement the new D system, the banters hopefully should be corrected based on what you have said above. Comments?

--------------
Retired Modder

#16 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 03 August 2005 - 09:01 PM

Sorry, I wrote that wrong. I did mean True(). A False() condition will not run at all (that I know of). The dialog that Imoen and others say when they leave has a condition of True(). This will run if no other condition can be met. Therefore, if no valid banters are available, the NPC leaves because it is the only thing they can say at that point.

This is what I get for trying to write all this before catching a plane. *Wack self with fish*

Sir BB

#17 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 09:17 PM

Sorry, I wrote that wrong.  I did mean True().  A False() condition will not run at all (that I know of).  The dialog that Imoen and others say when they leave has a condition of True().  This will run if no other condition can be met.  Therefore, if no valid banters are available, the NPC leaves because it is the only thing they can say at that point.

This is what I get for trying to write all this before catching a plane.  *Wack self with fish*

Sir BB

View Post

Well in that case, no ***J.DLG has True() anymore, because they are changed to False() during the installation.

--------------
Retired Modder

#18 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 02:24 AM

Currently, I am busy implementing another system of dialogue that steals all strings from BG1 but has reworked D files referencing a TRAified BG1 dialog.tlk.  In other words, all the BG1D files will be included in the package, but the strings will be taken from BG1 (all thanks to KD).  This allows the reworking of the D files to remove redundant entries, and also to kill all useless states with False() triggers, thereby rendering banters workable...hopefully.  However, this has a long way to go yet, because I am busy cataloguing all changes made for fixpack people and for future mod reference.  Tedious stuff, but when I implement the new D system, the banters hopefully should be corrected based on what you have said above. 

All dialogues, and especially all banters and NPCs' dialogues have been checked very carefully to be 100% functional in that yet unreleased system, so don't worry about that... :)
It's all fixed.

(last update: 02-12-2008)
----------------------------------------------
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#19 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 02:26 AM

Well in that case, no ***J.DLG has True() anymore, because they are changed to False() during the installation.

View Post

I'll tell you more - those states are not there anymore... ;) :D

(last update: 02-12-2008)
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#20 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 11:37 PM

View Post

I'll tell you more - those states are not there anymore... ;) :D

View Post

Yes, KD. All I meant in that spiel was that I was using your D system.

--------------
Retired Modder