Plans & Updates

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#61 asmo

asmo
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 03:56 PM

July 27, 2006

Well it looks like everything is done, but to be safe let's say the release will be tomorrow.

yay !
I already installed fresh game copy :)

#62 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 04:10 PM

July 27, 2006

Well it looks like everything is done, but to be safe let's say the release will be tomorrow.

Woo hoo!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :Bow:

#63 Sytze

Sytze
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 07:04 AM

I've been waiting anxiously for this, Bri. Thank you for upgrading the first NPC I ever tried!

However, I just downloaded the Tashia remix, but for a SoA and ToB NPC mod (with voicing, non?) 2.5mb seems a bit small.

Am I spoiled? or is there something I missed?
"Sometimes Dreams are wiser than waking"
"One day I will leave this world and Dream myself to Reality"
"Dream your life, live that Dream"

#64 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 07:34 AM

Well, the original Tashia wasn't that big either. What you may be used to is that almost every NPC module that is released has full voiced audio included with it. This factor alone drives up the size of the module.

We had some discussion as to whether make Tashia voiced or not. For the moment, it was decided no. The majority of new material was more dialogues, lovetalks, riddles for ToB, etc. Basically, text...and compared to audio, that doesn't take up much room.

"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave it up." "You gave up drinking?" "No, I gave up reading..."

#65 Sytze

Sytze
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 07:51 AM

Well, the original Tashia wasn't that big either. What you may be used to is that almost every NPC module that is released has full voiced audio included with it. This factor alone drives up the size of the module.

We had some discussion as to whether make Tashia voiced or not. For the moment, it was decided no. The majority of new material was more dialogues, lovetalks, riddles for ToB, etc. Basically, text...and compared to audio, that doesn't take up much room.

I see. Not that it matters much, though, Tashia is on board anyway.

That is, if I'm able to install the Mod. I can't install either the Action Style- or the Baldurized Dialogues.

I've attached a screenshot with the error. . . . Edit: err, it seems I'm unable to attach the ss.

Edited by Sytze, 28 July 2006 - 07:54 AM.

#66 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 07:56 AM

That is, if I'm able to install the Mod. I can't install either the Action Style- or the Baldurized Dialogues.

Ugh, I hate when that happens. Unfortunately, we won't be able to address that sort of problem until Monday. Sorry :(

"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave it up." "You gave up drinking?" "No, I gave up reading..."

#67 Gaheir

Gaheir
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 08:04 AM

Congratulations on the release of the module. I am looking forward to playing again, with Tashia, but...
I am also unable to load the action styled or baldurized dialogues. So, I will wait for Monday to start up again.
Thanks for the work you, and all modders, have done!

#68 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 08:07 AM

Ugh, if that is happening as well...let me download it here, and if it happens to me, I will remove the download link, and definitely have it addressed Monday.

#69 Sytze

Sytze
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 08:07 AM

Ugh, I hate when that happens. Unfortunately, we won't be able to address that sort of problem until Monday. Sorry :(

No worries, I am not in a hurry or something. I'm just glad you kept working on it, I can wait a little longer. Good luck, in any case!

#70 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 08:11 AM

Well, if it won't even run, that isn't good. Anyways, it will take me a little while to download it anew, and see what it does to me (no, no access to DSL, etc. on this end)

#71 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 08:45 AM

July 28, 2006

Ugh, I see what the problem is. As a result, I'm going to go ahead and remove the link. Sorry, I guess it will be Monday.

#72 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 12:02 PM

Argh. Sorry folks, just got back in and heard what happened. That's what you get when trying to minimize a download... I removed a bogus file from the list, but not from the install file.

It's fixed and should be working now.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move - Douglas Adams

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world - Oscar Wilde

Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. But set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

#73 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 30 July 2006 - 02:17 PM

THAT is what I call a nice surprise!
I had not expected the update just yet, but BANG there it is!!!!!

#74 Meira

Meira

I'm the snow on your lips

• 411 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 12:02 PM

Congratulations! :cheers:
Ihmeellinen meri

Kummalliset kalat liukuvat syvyydessä,
tuntemattomat kukat loistavat rannalla;
olen nähnyt punaista ja keltaista ja kaikki toiset värit -
mutta ihana meri on vaarallista nähdä,
se herättää tulevien seikkailujen janon:
mitä on tapahtunut sadussa, on tapahtuva minullekin.

- Edith Södergran

Amber - The BG2 NPC Mod Project Now released!
Amber's discussion forum at Gibberlings 3

#75 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 02:45 PM

Thank you!

#76 -Bons-

-Bons-

Posted 13 August 2006 - 05:47 AM

I know you put a HOOGE amount of time into this -- Congratulations, Bri! :new_thumbs:

#77 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 01:24 PM

Thanks Bons!

#78 Niro Truesword

Niro Truesword
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 10:10 PM

Hurray! :cheers:

Now I can finally finish what I started more than four years ago. :D (Tashia was my first BG II Mod-I think even before any of Weimer's, but that was a long time ago :P ).

I have to say, though, I will definitely miss her voice. :( I really liked April Ryan.

I know you've put in an incredible amount of time and effort and I want to say congratulations on your success, and thank you! :Bow:

edit: Did you ever include that bit with the fur purchase? ( Umar Hills, I think it was...)

Edited by Niro Truesword, 07 November 2006 - 10:39 PM.

#79 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 07:42 AM

edit: Did you ever include that bit with the fur purchase? ( Umar Hills, I think it was...)

Yep, we had it where one could make a pelt into a fur coat, and give it to Tashia.

#80 Niro Truesword

Niro Truesword
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 10:21 AM

Yep, we had it where one could make a pelt into a fur coat, and give it to Tashia.

Cool, I always thought that was a nice touch.