Testing & Playing

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#1 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 03:25 AM

Hi,

I haven't played for the very long time, I've just tested my mods, so I decided to play from the very beginning, I mean Candlekeep and so on. I also need to check and export some areas from BG1 to NeJ2 Part 3 but as BGT becomes more or less a base for all mods I'd prefer to take these areas from BGT. Anyway I'm interested in the following installation:

BG1-ToSC (all), BG2-ToB (all) + Baldurdash v1.12 (original) (don't tell me it's incompatible!) + TS v6.05 + NeJ2 v6.02 + BGT-WeiDU v0.99b4 + BG1NPC4BGT-Weidu-v9 + BP-BGT Worldmap v4 + SoBH v2.00

Please comment on my installation. I'll post my feedback here, and I'll try to evaluate bugs and problems if I can fix them.

P.S. By the way what are the area codes for Ulcaster and Ulcaster Ruins. Bardez named them as AR9800 and AR9801, and I used the same codes in NeJ2. Did you change them?

P.P.S. What is the program which compresses MOS to MOZ?

Edited by Vlad, 25 November 2005 - 03:50 AM.

#2 Promilus

Promilus
  • 378 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 04:07 AM

It's all in DevReadmeVIPl...BGT developers readme :D

The area names are changed into 9799 and 9798 to avoid incompatibility with NeJ2 :)

Edited by Promilus, 25 November 2005 - 04:08 AM.

#3 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 04:08 AM

Installation issues:

1. The program begins NeJ & TS backup but where is it stored? There should be an option to choose backup folder. Moreover I would suggest players to make a backup manually that I've already done in advance.
2. "_WeiDU.exe - No Disc. There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive G:.". But if I have already made a full install of BG-ToSC (Saga) why do I need to install CDs?

#4 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 04:10 AM

Installation issues:

2. "_WeiDU.exe - No Disc. There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive G:.". But if I have already made a full install of BG-ToSC (Saga) why do I need to install CDs?

Thats a known problem. Just put any cd in the drive that is "not" BG related. I used Planescape. The the installer wont give any errors.

ronin

#5 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 04:17 AM

that is "not" BG related

Well, that's was the first attempt anyway... :)

#6 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 04:23 AM

It does not hurt the install if you dont put a cd in the drive. What it hurts is your finger because if you dont put a CD in the drive you have to click "cancel" about 5 thousand times. Hlid is aware of this problem.

ronin

#7 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 04:53 AM

I haven't played for the very long time, I've just tested my mods, so I decided to play from the very beginning, I mean Candlekeep and so on. I also need to check and export some areas from BG1 to NeJ2 Part 3 but as BGT becomes more or less a base for all mods I'd prefer to take these areas from BGT. Anyway I'm interested in the following installation:

BG1-ToSC (all), BG2-ToB (all) + Baldurdash v1.12 (original) (don't tell me it's incompatible!) + TS v6.05 + NeJ2 v6.02 + BGT-WeiDU v0.99b4 + BG1NPC4BGT-Weidu-v9 + BP-BGT Worldmap v4 + SoBH v2.00

Please comment on my installation. I'll post my feedback here, and I'll try to evaluate bugs and problems if I can fix them.

Good order.

P.S. By the way what are the area codes for Ulcaster and Ulcaster Ruins. Bardez named them as AR9800 and AR9801, and I used the same codes in NeJ2. Did you change them?

As Promilus stated, AR9799 and AR9798, because of NeJ2 stealing those area numbers. :)

P.P.S. What is the program which compresses MOS to MOZ?

Yacomo wrote MOSPack, which should be available upon a forum search. It is very cool, basically the same as TISPack but for graphics.

1. The program begins NeJ & TS backup but where is it stored? There should be an option to choose backup folder. Moreover I would suggest players to make a backup manually that I've already done in advance.

It basically backs up the override folder to BGT\override.bak (because WeiDU cannot handle large TISs thrown in the override by NeJ2, I have to do it with DOS)

I really hate this bug. It is the biggest issue with BGT-WeiDU, and I believe it is a WeiDU problem, since cleaning the BG1 chitin.key doesn't do jack.

Hlid is aware of this problem.

Hlid, what do you know about the problem?

Edited by Ascension64, 25 November 2005 - 04:54 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#8 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 05:03 AM

Oops, I meant you Ascension64 and not Hlid.

sorry

:whistling:

ronin

#9 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 07:25 AM

AR6600, after cutscene, Imoen2 is created and immediately destroyed.

This is the source of the problem (IMOEN2.BCS):

IF
Global("hf_Modify_Imoen","GLOBAL",0)
Global("hf_Original_Imoen_Tag","LOCALS",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
ClearAllActions()
SetGlobal("hf_Modify_Imoen","GLOBAL",1)
ActionOverride("Imoen2",DestroySelf())
END

It needs to be re-written with respect to this script.

Edited by Vlad, 25 November 2005 - 07:33 AM.

#10 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 08:43 AM

AR6600, after cutscene, Imoen2 is created and immediately destroyed.

This is the source of the problem (IMOEN2.BCS):

IF
Global("hf_Modify_Imoen","GLOBAL",0)
Global("hf_Original_Imoen_Tag","LOCALS",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
ClearAllActions()
SetGlobal("hf_Modify_Imoen","GLOBAL",1)
ActionOverride("Imoen2",DestroySelf())
END

It needs to be re-written with respect to this script.

"hf_" prefix is definitely not from BGT...
I'll tell you more... PLz check sImoen2.baf from \NeJ\sExt\... ;) :D

Edited by King Diamond, 25 November 2005 - 08:50 AM.

(last update: 02-12-2008)
----------------------------------------------
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#11 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 01:15 PM

KD, I know that it's from NeJ, and please don't be sarcastic here. This is the prefix of hlid, and we need this script for Imoen's continuous kit. I'll add the check here for AR6600. Later I'll see how transition works.

#12 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 07:33 PM

Vlad, you might need to explain in more detail of what exactly happens, what should happen, where the bug lies, and what the fix is, because I have no clue as to how NeJ2 and TS plays.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#13 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 08:45 PM

Vlad, you might need to explain in more detail of what exactly happens, what should happen, where the bug lies, and what the fix is, because I have no clue as to how NeJ2 and TS plays.

No problems, I'm making compatibility patch while playing, so once I reach BG2 you'll get it. By the way where is AR7701? Compiler warned me that this area is missing.

#14 Promilus

Promilus
  • 378 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 10:59 PM

It is one of unnamed area...the one called AR3201 in BG1... :) If u have a BGT u can find all of that in BGT\DevReadmeWIP directory

Edited by Promilus, 25 November 2005 - 10:59 PM.

#15 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 11:46 PM

It is one of unnamed area...the one called AR3201 in BG1... :) If u have a BGT u can find all of that in BGT\DevReadmeWIP directory

I have currently got that AR7701 doesn't exist, which should have the equivalent in BG1 of AR0701.

--------------
Retired Modder

#16 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 11:54 PM

I can't find AR7701 with NI in my install.

Edit: to I can't, I should not post that late at nite. self :fish:

Edited by Chevalier, 26 November 2005 - 02:28 PM.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#17 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 04:11 AM

KD, I know that it's from NeJ, and please don't be sarcastic here. This is the prefix of hlid, and we need this script for Imoen's continuous kit. I'll add the check here for AR6600. Later I'll see how transition works.

Sorry, I don't know an exact NeJ2 contents, but why should something extra code be added to cover up Imoen's continuation if it's already fully addressed in BGT? Imoen's kit is just a modification for the CREs and amybe some action scripts and dialogues but obviously not for her transitions IMHO....

***ADDED ***
I think I understand now. It's just necessary to replace existing Imoen with a new CRE, of Charming Rogue kit, right?
If so it would be much easier and safer to patch already existing IMOEN CREs (to set the new kit ID and anything else) than to modify already complex scripts to arrange her destroying/respawning....

Edited by King Diamond, 26 November 2005 - 04:26 AM.

(last update: 02-12-2008)
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#18 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 05:08 AM

Imoen death variable: The death variable for Imoen used in BGT-WeiDU is Imoen2, which is consistent with Tortured Souls and Never Ending Journey. This patches all Shadows of Amn and Throne of Bhaal references to Imoen as well. Therefore, modifications that are BGT-WeiDU-compatible and modify Imoen should modify all references to the death variable of Imoen to become Imoen2 (normally, this would be Imoen).

In NeJ2 we use both sets of death variables and dialogues: Imoen and Imoen2. I check at every place, every banter and interjection, and every script whether Imoen is InParty or Imoen2. If you choose not to modify her in any way then in the beginning of BG2 you get Imoen otherwise the first one is destroyed and the secone Imoen is created and joined. She becomes then (after coming back from Spine of the World) "continiuous" (MoveGlobals" to Spellhold) that makes everyone happy about getting his/her very OWN Imoen (+some XP reward for waiting for PC for so long).

I think I understand now. It's just necessary to replace existing Imoen with a new CRE, of Charming Rogue kit, right?
If so it would be much easier and safer to patch already existing IMOEN CREs (to set the new kit ID and anything else) than to modify already complex scripts to arrange her destroying/respawning....

Well, I have already fixed this. However I don't want to put the unfinished TP2 file as I'm pretty sure there will be more compatibility issues on my way to BG2.

#19 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 05:28 AM

I can find AR7701 with NI in my install.

Well, I can't...

@Vlad: Thanks for taking time to searching out the incompatibilities. It is a great help.

Edited by Ascension64, 26 November 2005 - 05:31 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder

#20 kharan5876

kharan5876
  • 204 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 04:15 PM

Vlad, when I played BGT with Nej2 garrick didnt show up in Beregost either. Not sure if its related to that or not. Just thought you'd like to know, not sure if its related to nej or not.