Photo

Testing & Playing

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#21 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 05:22 PM

Vlad, when I played BGT with Nej2 garrick didnt show up in Beregost either. Not sure if its related to that or not. Just thought you'd like to know, not sure if its related to nej or not.

Well, I cannot confirm this. He did show up as usual in my game.

By the way one of the ogrillions below Beregost drops a Rogue Stone (scroll) from the TR quest. I've fixed this.

#22 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 05:50 PM

By the way one of the ogrillions below Beregost drops a Rogue Stone (scroll) from the TR quest. I've fixed this.

It is because mods use SCRL3I, which is an existing BG1 resource. Could I ask mods that change SCRL3I use a different resource name?

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#23 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 12:53 AM

I don't have any SCRL3I modified component installed. It is actually modified by SoA itself, and it's an original item from TR (Twisted Rune) quest, so the only solution which I've already introduced in my game is to rename this item in BGT. It should be a scroll of Mirianne to Roe so I named it MirRoe.ITM, and then patched the installation with a modified OGRIMI.CRE.

Edited by Vlad, 28 November 2005 - 12:56 AM.

#24 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 02:19 AM

I don't have any SCRL3I modified component installed. It is actually modified by SoA itself, and it's an original item from TR (Twisted Rune) quest, so the only solution which I've already introduced in my game is to rename this item in BGT. It should be a scroll of Mirianne to Roe so I named it MirRoe.ITM, and then patched the installation with a modified OGRIMI.CRE.

MISC83.ITM is another item that you will find broken if you use old-BDash with BGT.

(last update: 02-12-2008)
----------------------------------------------
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#25 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 03:03 AM

Why do you call it "broken"? It's not broken but replaced with another item having the same name from SoA. As the BGT is installed AFTER SoA-ToB-Baldurdash-TS-NeJ2, it should care about renaming this item properly, and as I said I don't see any problem here, just a minor fix on my side.

#26 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 04:27 AM

Why do you call it "broken"? It's not broken but replaced with another item having the same name from SoA. As the BGT is installed AFTER SoA-ToB-Baldurdash-TS-NeJ2, it should care about renaming this item properly, and as I said I don't see any problem here, just a minor fix on my side.

Is it just the old Baldurdash that is causing such a problem? I'll change it, but its a pain in the ass, because I basically have to alter like 5 different things to ensure that the renaming is well catalogued, catered for, etc. etc.

Update: OK, SCRL3I renamed to BGSCRL3I and MISC83 renamed to BGMISC83. Hopefully, I won't be force to rename anything else...

Edited by Ascension64, 28 November 2005 - 04:51 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#27 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 05:58 AM

Is it just the old Baldurdash that is causing such a problem?

No, Baldurdash does not rename original items. It's just in case some different items in both BG1 and BG2 have the same name.

P.S. If I find more such items should I just rename them following your title conventions: to add prefix BG?

Edited by Vlad, 28 November 2005 - 06:00 AM.

#28 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 06:07 AM

You won't find anything else beside those 2

(last update: 02-12-2008)
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#29 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 06:17 AM

Is it just the old Baldurdash that is causing such a problem?

No, Baldurdash does not rename original items. It's just in case some different items in both BG1 and BG2 have the same name.

P.S. If I find more such items should I just rename them following your title conventions: to add prefix BG?

Well, I guess so. Just let me know if there are any more. And hopefully, no more new content will add resources of names already existing in BG1.

--------------
Retired Modder

#30 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 02:56 AM

Two minor issues:
1. Xzar has different voicing performance (different actors - VERY different!). One is actor and another is actress? I think his command set should be revised.
2. Journal entry of "Spiders, Boots & Wine" quest after bringing spider body, boots and wine to a gnome female in Friendly Arm Inn still resides in the QUEST section of the journal.

Meanwhile, that's all. The overall performance is excellent, everything works like it should. It's just a little bit boring for my kensai to clean out all those areas from the same several types of monsters and animals (kobolds, gibberligs, xvarts, wolfs, gnolls, ogres etc.) infestation but I've already forgotten that this is the style of BG1. I'll split the NeJ2 installation in two options: are you going to install BGT or not and if the answer is YES, I'll remove AR9800 and AR9801 from installation and append the corresponding area script.

[EDIT] What I really like in BG1 (compared to BG2) that you can make a very nice evil group. My current group includes Viconia, Xzar, Kagain, Imoen and Jaheira. I'm going to replace then Kagain with Shar-Teel and Jaheira and Xzar with Eldoth and Skie. I really like such versatility in combining various evil NPCs in one group and enjoying their characters. In my opinion they're much more interesting then the standart Minsc-Dynaheir, Jaheira-Khalid goody group combinations. Again in my opinion BG2 NPCs are significantly poorer (I mean characters) than those of BG1. It would be nice if someone could make a BG2 BG1NPC banter-interjection pack then BGT will be a real MUST for playing BG2.

Edited by Vlad, 01 December 2005 - 03:30 AM.

#31 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 03:36 AM

1. Xzar has different voicing performance (different actors - VERY different!). One is actor and another is actress? I think his command set should be revised.

Sure, if we can get someone to act and record. I would recommend this as an optional component, since some people might like it the original way

2. Journal entry of "Spiders, Boots & Wine" quest after bringing spider body, boots and wine to a gnome female in Friendly Arm Inn still resides in the QUEST section of the journal.

Got this one.

I'll split the NeJ2 installation in two options: are you going to install BGT or not and if the answer is YES, I'll remove AR9800 and AR9801 from installation and append the corresponding area script.

Are you sure? BGT-WeiDU doesn't use AR9800 and AR9801 anymore, with the conversions being AR9800 -> AR9799 and AR9801 -> AR9798. It shouldn't cause a conflict at all.

It would be nice if someone could make a BG2 BG1NPC banter-interjection pack then BGT will be a real MUST for playing BG2.

There might be snippets in various minimods around, unless you are talking about BG1NPC banters during the BG1 part of the game, of which there already exists BG1NPC Project over at G3 (a mod intended for Tutu) that SBB is kindly converting for usage in BGT-WeiDU.

Edited by Ascension64, 01 December 2005 - 03:38 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder

#32 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 05:36 AM

Vlad, try the BG1NPC banter mod (now for BGT). Xzar has some fantasic dialogs with everyone. Imoen is the focal point of the mod (most banters are with her) but Xzar/Monty have some great ones together. Kagain is much better than the dwarf in SoA. There are even romances with Shar-teel, Xan, Dynaheir, Ajantis, Branwen, and Coran.

It is a beta but really only for the romances. Banters and interjections should work out fine.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#33 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 05:40 AM

I would recommend this as an optional component, since some people might like it the original way

Actually, I don't hear much original in his current voice set. It's a mess of sounds voiced by different actors. Now I'm removing the command sounds from his .CRE which are voiced by female and are not suited well to be pronounced by Xzar.

Are you sure? BGT-WeiDU doesn't use AR9800 and AR9801 anymore, with the conversions being AR9800 -> AR9799 and AR9801 -> AR9798. It shouldn't cause a conflict at all.

But the whole idea is when NeJ2 is installed along with BGT you may use the same areas and the same worldmap because some quests of NeJ2 takes place in original BG1 areas (Ulcaster, Candlekeep, Bandit's Camp, Wizards' Hedge, and possibly Baldur's Gate). Hence if NeJ2 is going to be installed together with BGT I don't need to add the new worldmap and new areas but to use the existing ones. Otherwise if NeJ2 is going to be installed without BGT then I have to add the new worldmap and areas. As I add areas dynamically through XNEWAREA.2DA there is no problem to differentiate between two installations.

[EDIT] SBB, I have this installed, I mean BG1NPC4BGT-Weidu-v9, I'm now in Chapter 4, and nothing happens, I didn't see any banter between NPCs, just a few hours ago I've removed Monty from my party because wanted to take Viconia. Also *flirt* options are the same for each and every NPC, it's really boring to ask the same questions.

Edited by Vlad, 01 December 2005 - 05:50 AM.

#34 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 01 December 2005 - 01:30 PM

But the whole idea is when NeJ2 is installed along with BGT you may use the same areas and the same worldmap because some quests of NeJ2 takes place in original BG1 areas (Ulcaster, Candlekeep, Bandit's Camp, Wizards' Hedge, and possibly Baldur's Gate). Hence if NeJ2 is going to be installed together with BGT I don't need to add the new worldmap and new areas but to use the existing ones. Otherwise if NeJ2 is going to be installed without BGT then I have to add the new worldmap and areas. As I add areas dynamically through XNEWAREA.2DA there is no problem to differentiate between two installations.

Now I haven't actually played NEJ2 yet, but I had been under the impression that the visits to parts of BG1 therein take place in the past, which would make it undesireable for the maps to be the same. Or something with being able to leave those maps or not. Anyway. :)

#35 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 02:09 PM

Now I haven't actually played NEJ2 yet, but I had been under the impression that the visits to parts of BG1 therein take place in the past, which would make it undesireable for the maps to be the same. Or something with being able to leave those maps or not. Anyway.

You're wrong. All the NPCs (Dar, Leina, Melora and Taffic) related quests in NeJ2 take place in present. By the way could you introduce yourself *Guest*?

[EDIT] I wonder if you have never played NeJ2 what's the source of your impressions?

Edited by Vlad, 01 December 2005 - 02:12 PM.

#36 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 05:05 PM

OK, the NeJ2 areas make sense. Should I be reverting the conversions of those areas though? It might be difficult, because I would have to change everything on my side, as well as get Yacomo to fix up the worldmap, again, and any mods that change AR9799 and AR9798 in any way will have to change also. So, as you see, I'm a bit worried about reverting the conversion, if that needs to occur.

With BG1NPC banters, interesting that they are not firing properly...although I know that the base BGT-WeiDU banters, of what little there are, do work.

--------------
Retired Modder

#37 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 04:20 PM

Banters are banters. Unless a condition isn't being met, they should all run at some point. I assume NeJ2 doesn't change any DeathNames so Viconia is still Viconia? I also assume that no banter dialog file is changed, i.e. BVICONI is still BVICONI. I have noticed that with Jason's banter accelerator, you can run through all the banters by chapter 3. After that, banters are only triggered by location or other conditions. The common random ones are already used.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#38 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 04:54 PM

Banters are banters. Unless a condition isn't being met, they should all run at some point.

Well, it really bothers me because it shouldn't be so. What we did in NeJ2 we removed conditions for banters making them more or less like chats between NPCs and/or PC when each and everybody in the party can be involved in the banter, so if Viconia or Jaheira for example aren't in the party then other NPCs may continue conversation. It's logical and also entertaining, and also adds some certain flavour to the game so you feel that your NPCs are not dumb and silent. Also it's very important that your NPCs interject when some critical events take place. When we killed Mulahey nobody said a word, when we saved and joined Viconia my Jaheira didn't react at all etc. etc. etc. I guess this banter pack is very specific and in order to fully enjoy it my party and my walkthrough should be identical to those of the banter pack's creators.

I assume NeJ2 doesn't change any DeathNames so Viconia is still Viconia? I also assume that no banter dialog file is changed, i.e. BVICONI is still BVICONI.

You're are right. NeJ2 (and now TS) is a WeiDU mod, it only appends and extends original dialogues and scripts.

Edited by Vlad, 02 December 2005 - 05:00 PM.

#39 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 07:39 PM

Not every mod can be as good as NeJ2. :D I found NeJ2 to be one of the most enteractive of mods. Character development is out standing in NeJ2.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#40 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 04:37 AM

Thanks Chev. :D This is because of Jan, my beautiful friend and co-author. :hug:

Edited by Vlad, 03 December 2005 - 04:38 AM.