Photo

Testing & Playing

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#61 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 07:17 PM

I'm playing BETA 4 because I don't want to start it a new. :)

#62 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 07:49 PM

I'm playing BETA 4 because I don't want to start it a new. :)

OK. The animation is corrupted in BETA 4 and I basically tried to fix it. I'll see what people think of it who are using ZETA.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#63 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 07:29 PM

I don't know whether you fixed that problem or not in ZETA but after slaying all dopplegangers in Duchal Palace Belt doesn't initiate the dialogue, and neither he nor Lija, neither Sarevok has nothing to say... it's impossible to continue so I'm going to find the problem.

#64 kharan5876

kharan5876
  • 204 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 08:29 PM

Some people think that it is caused by dopplegangers running away and going off the map.

#65 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 09:47 PM

Vlad,

You might have to replay the battle a few times. :(

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#66 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 11:45 PM

Six dopplegangers need to be killed. If you count less than that, then one or more must have decided to run away, or one of the death variables didn't trigger properly.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#67 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 02:32 AM

Six dopplegangers need to be killed. If you count less than that, then one or more must have decided to run away, or one of the death variables didn't trigger properly.

I remember I fixed that some time ago by deactivating all exits during the battle. Don't know if it's done in ZETA...

(last update: 02-12-2008)
----------------------------------------------
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#68 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 02:54 AM

I think that is just the problem. NPCs probably still use the exits even when they are disabled. So that means you can never chase after them...was the disable exits your custom fix KD? If so, it might need to be removed.

--------------
Retired Modder

#69 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 05:06 AM

NPCs probably still use the exits even when they are disabled.

Never heard about that.

But if you remove that you will definitely face that problem.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#70 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 06:29 AM

I think the whole scene should be remade in a more gentle way. Variables should be updated in the last dialogue state/phrase before commoners turn to dopplegangers, Sarevok should comment on the events and leave without waiting for the battle ends, Belt and/or Lija cannot be killed, so one of them can continue the dialogue.

#71 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 07:59 AM

Excerpt from BELT.BCS:

IF
	Dead("GDOPP7")
	Dead("GDOPP71")
	Dead("GDOPP72")
	Dead("GDOPP73")
	Dead("GDOPP74")
	Dead("GDOPP75")
	Global("SarevokBehavior","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		Dialogue([PC])
END

Excerpt from LIIA.BCS:

IF
	Dead("GDOPP7")
	Dead("GDOPP71")
	Dead("GDOPP72")
	Dead("GDOPP73")
	Dead("GDOPP74")
	Dead("GDOPP75")
	Dead("Belt")
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		Dialogue([PC])
END

I have checked my saved game and found that only five of them have SPRITE_IS_DEAD variable set to 1, and GDOPP72 is still alive, and his state is set as STATE_PANIC. His coordinates are set to x=584, y=152 that is slightly out of the map walls. I'm attaching the screen shot, it is in the upper right corner of the map where Shar-Teel stands and my cursor points. I cannot understand how is it possible that creatures cross the solid walls of the area. Obviously they can exit the area but just cross the wall - I don't understand this.

Attached Images

• screen3.jpg

Edited by Vlad, 29 December 2005 - 08:00 AM.

#72 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 08:11 AM

I went further and CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("GDOPP72"), then killed him, and after a short dialogue Sarevok attacked Belt and Liia. I was lucky (several critical hits by Shar-Teel, Jaheira, Imoen and my PC) and I've killed him. Obviously it was not the purpose of the game, but after his death, the cutscene have started and... that's all. I think as we play BGT and you may reach this battle when your party is of high level I suggest to make the unkillable copy of his CRE for this scene.

P.S. I'm attaching another screenshot. Now you may see that the same GDOPP72 escapes to the same corner and cross the wall there.

Attached Images

• screen4.jpg

Edited by Vlad, 29 December 2005 - 08:28 AM.

#73 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 08:45 AM

There's an exit to the cellar at that corner with a small alcove for it. So the beast is trying to escape and getting stuck in the upmost corner of the available space (@Asc64: See? Disabled exits don't work). Shouldn't you be just a little bit more attentive? Or it's absolutely invisible?

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#74 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 09:09 AM

As you see on the first screenshot it's not visible/unreachable. But I have fixed this problem in another way (in scripts).

Please modify first AR7208.BCS (EXTEND_TOP):

IF
CombatCounter(0)
Global("VP_Fix_PalaceScene","GLOBAL",0)
OR(6)
Global("SPRITE_IS_DEADGDOPP7","GLOBAL",1)
Global("SPRITE_IS_DEADGDOPP71","GLOBAL",1)
Global("SPRITE_IS_DEADGDOPP72","GLOBAL",1)
Global("SPRITE_IS_DEADGDOPP73","GLOBAL",1)
Global("SPRITE_IS_DEADGDOPP74","GLOBAL",1)
Global("SPRITE_IS_DEADGDOPP75","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("VP_Fix_PalaceScene","GLOBAL",1)
END

Then modify BELT.BCS and LIIA.BCS (REPLACE_BCS_BLOCK).

BELT.BCS (only a new block instead of one where you list all thoses GDOPPs):

IF
Global("VP_Fix_PalaceScene","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("VP_Fix_PalaceScene","GLOBAL",2)
Dialogue([PC])
END

LIIA.BCS:

IF
Global("VP_Fix_PalaceScene","GLOBAL",1)
Dead("Belt")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("VP_Fix_PalaceScene","GLOBAL",2)
Dialogue([PC])
END

Eventually modify BELT.D and LIIA.D (REPLACE_STATE_TRIGGER or something like this):

BELT.D:

IF ~Global("VP_Fix_PalaceScene","GLOBAL",2)
~ THEN BEGIN 6 // from:
SAY #94128 /* ~It was lucky that such brave men as yourselves intervened on our behalf. Is there anything that I can do for you in return.~ */
IF ~PartyHasItem("SCRL2K")
~ THEN REPLY #94129 /* ~Take a look at these documents we have; Sarevok is the one who tried to kill you, had Entar killed and nearly killed Eltan.~ */ GOTO 7
IF ~~ THEN REPLY #94130 /* ~Sarevok's the one who set you up to be killed. You have to kill him, now!~ */ GOTO 9
IF ~PartyHasItem("SCRL3F")
~ THEN REPLY #94131 /* ~We have Sarevok's diary! Take a look through it. Sarevok is the one who tried to kill you, had Entar killed and nearly killed Eltan.~ */ GOTO 7
END

LIIA.D:

IF ~Global("VP_Fix_PalaceScene","GLOBAL",2)
~ THEN BEGIN 3 // from:
SAY #98424 /* ~Thank you for saving us. You have our eternal gratitude. Is there anything I can do in return?~ */
IF ~PartyHasItem("SCRL2K")
~ THEN REPLY #94129 /* ~Take a look at these documents we have; Sarevok is the one who tried to kill you, had Entar killed and nearly killed Eltan.~ */ GOTO 4
IF ~~ THEN REPLY #94130 /* ~Sarevok's the one who set you up to be killed. You have to kill him, now!~ */ GOTO 6
IF ~PartyHasItem("SCRL3F")
~ THEN REPLY #98425 /* ~Here is Sarevok's diary! It has everything you need to know. Sarevok is the one who tried to kill you, had Entar killed and nearly killed Eltan.~ */ GOTO 4
END

Then everything works fine even if those doppelgangers escape from the map. The only requirement would be in this case that only one of doppelgangers is dead and that is CombatCounter(0).

Edited by Vlad, 29 December 2005 - 09:16 AM.

#75 kharan5876

kharan5876
  • 204 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 11:21 AM

Can you make them special dopplegangers with a script that does not allow them to run away? Another idea would be to make the room with the fight a new area then have you teleported to the real first floor once the fight is done.

Another idea, maybe when you disable the exits you could also change their teleport location to the center of the room.

Not sure how feasable any of this is using BG2's scripting engine.

Edited by kharan5876, 29 December 2005 - 11:23 AM.

#76 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 12:19 PM

Can you make them special dopplegangers with a script that does not allow them to run away?

Sure, it's possible to boost their Morale value, but then they'll turn to berserkers. :lol: This doesn't relate to their script though.

Based on the discussion with Promilus in another thread and kind suggestion of J Beau I made the tweak so in the end of BG1 before leaving Thieves Guild you may buy vouchers from Lily with only about 20-30% dividents and sell them in Athkatla to one of the Black Market merchants WITH NO DIVIDENTS AND NO DEPRECIATION!

Below is the series of screenshots. The third screen shows what happens if you try to sell these vouchers to other merchants ;) .

Attached Images

• screen1.jpg
  • screen2.jpg
  • screen3.jpg
  • screen4.jpg
  • screen5.jpg

#77 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 03:51 PM

There's an exit to the cellar at that corner with a small alcove for it. So the beast is trying to escape and getting stuck in the upmost corner of the available space (@Asc64: See? Disabled exits don't work). Shouldn't you be just a little bit more attentive? Or it's absolutely invisible?

Fair enough. However, disabled exits seem to fail more than we expected them to. It may be a game engine related thing that the GDOPP72 tries to leave by the exit (the exit is obviously still there in the ARE file), the game 'makes' GDOPP72 Deactivate(), then transfers the CRE over to the appropriate area after a LeaveAreaLUA() occurs. Hence, unknowingly, deactivating the exit in the first place is the source of the problem.

Here is what I dug out from the BGT-WeiDU 0.94 BETA thread (!):

ANGELO, SAREVO and BENJY.D
Meeting with dukes scene fixed. Doppelgangers are not capable to flee through the doors anymore (that was confusing sometimes - Belt didn't start a dialogue); Sarevok stays still until teleported (EscapeArea() removed); Angelo is forced to EscapeArea properly after the capture cutscene (he stood there sometimes making possible to kill him at that game stage when storming FF compound).

It is even more confusing that Belt doesn't start a dialogue and the dopplegangers disappeared so you can't even catch them, meaning the game just got broken!

Can you make them special dopplegangers with a script that does not allow them to run away?

I think this is viable, because even they are scripted to run away, I really don't think they should under Sarevok's eye...

Then everything works fine even if those doppelgangers escape from the map. The only requirement would be in this case that only one of doppelgangers is dead and that is CombatCounter(0).

This could be 'cheating', because there are ways that you can make CombatCounter(0) with only one doppleganger dead and force Sarevok to turn enemy...

Based on the discussion with Promilus in another thread and kind suggestion of J Beau I made the tweak so in the end of BG1 before leaving Thieves Guild you may buy vouchers from Lily with only about 20-30% dividents and sell them in Athkatla to one of the Black Market merchants WITH NO DIVIDENTS AND NO DEPRECIATION!

Looks good. I still think the thieves would not keep your money for you. I was actually erring towards the items side of things rather than the gold. Nevertheless, if people like this, can I grab it Vlad?

Edited by Ascension64, 29 December 2005 - 03:54 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder

#78 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 05:40 PM

Nevertheless, if people like this, can I grab it Vlad?

Sure. I need a couple of days more to finish TotSC, and then I'll upload my patch including all corrections and modifications I've made on the way. I thought about items too but came to conclusion that most of them you get back in the beginning of BG2. Is there any special item that you'd like to bring with you into BG2 and which doesn't appear there? I think money is more important in this case as you can purchase considerably more powerfull equipment in Athkatla than you can take with you from BG1, though I'd probably strategically place in Irenicus room some items you'd wish to get from BG1+TotSC such as:

Greenstone Amulet, Wands of Heaven, Samaj's Cloak, Varscona +2, Ring and Cloak of Protection +2, Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise, Eagle Bow, Shadow Armour, Boots of Stealth, Bracers of Archery, Gauntlets of Dexterity, Light Crossbow of Speed, Ankheg Plate +2, Cloak of Non-Detection, Two Rings of Wizardry for various levels of spells, Full Plate +1, Gauntlets of Ogre Power, Ring of Holiness, Cloak of Balduran, Ring of Fire Resistance, and Ring of Freedom.

I think in TotSC there will be several more valuable items to take. Anyway this list should be common for all players playing BGT.

#79 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 05:37 AM

Is there any special item that you'd like to bring with you into BG2 and which doesn't appear there?

Not in BGT, but people are probably thinking more about SoBH, DSotSC, and NTotSC.

Greenstone Amulet, Wands of Heaven, Samaj's Cloak, Varscona +2, Ring and Cloak of Protection +2, Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise, Eagle Bow, Shadow Armour, Boots of Stealth, Bracers of Archery, Gauntlets of Dexterity, Light Crossbow of Speed, Ankheg Plate +2, Cloak of Non-Detection, Two Rings of Wizardry for various levels of spells, Full Plate +1, Gauntlets of Ogre Power, Ring of Holiness, Cloak of Balduran, Ring of Fire Resistance, and Ring of Freedom.

Sounds like a lot. The quirk I have is that SoA may become a little bit too easy if all these just get gracefully placed somewhere 'nice' in Chateau Irenicus. But then again, its a tweak, and I can warn people about it...

--------------
Retired Modder

#80 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 05:44 AM

Is there any special item that you'd like to bring with you into BG2 and which doesn't appear there?

Not in BGT, but people are probably thinking more about SoBH, DSotSC, and NTotSC.

I would suggest that only items from the original BG be allowed and items from other mods such as SoBH, DSotSC and NTotSC be left out, that way SoA wont get too rediculously easy if you have the tweak installed. It makes sense that some items be made available.

ronin