• This topic is locked This topic is locked
190 replies to this topic

#41 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 11:34 AM

I would add "In want of winter wolf pelts" journal entry not as UNSOLVED_JOURNAL but as a plain JOURNAL - it's not a quest actually, just a tip...

(last update: 02-12-2008)
----------------------------------------------
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#42 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 11:53 AM

If you agree to take Brage to the Temple you will travel there immediately and that will take you just... 0 hours. A miracle. I propose to add (to BRAGECUT.BCS) DayNight(NOON) DayNight(MIDNIGHT) combination to make things a little bit more realistic.

2nd thing. Laryssa. If you choose to kill Brage speaking to her she becomes hostile. Than Brage arrives. If you coose to get him to the temple Laryssa still will stay there if you return later. As far as there're no options in her dialogue to calm her down after she became hostile I propose just to destroy her after Brage's quest is complete.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#43 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 04:25 PM

Something must be done with an evil path for Charleston Nib's excavation quest.
-8 points of penalty to the reputation (in total: -6 for killing Nib and -2 will "give" you Gallor) is toooo much IMO... happy.gif

CHARLE.CRE - Class should be changed to NO_CLASS(255) instead of INNOCENT(155).

Hmmm, we are starting to get a little bit tweaky, in my opinion. I believe that killing Charlestonn absolutely CE of alignment in itself, and fair enough if you take a huge reputation hit. If you are evil, you shouldn't have such a high rep anyway! Can others comment?

I would add "In want of winter wolf pelts" journal entry not as UNSOLVED_JOURNAL but as a plain JOURNAL - it's not a quest actually, just a tip...

I just think the problem with making it JOURNAL is it becomes lost in all the other mess. The final chapter journal entries is a bit of a mess as well... Comments?

If you agree to take Brage to the Temple you will travel there immediately and that will take you just... 0 hours. A miracle. I propose to add (to BRAGECUT.BCS) DayNight(NOON) DayNight(MIDNIGHT) combination to make things a little bit more realistic.

Again, this strikes me as a bit of a tweak. Are we going to decide exactly how long it takes him to the temple?

2nd thing. Laryssa. If you choose to kill Brage speaking to her she becomes hostile. Than Brage arrives. If you coose to get him to the temple Laryssa still will stay there if you return later. As far as there're no options in her dialogue to calm her down after she became hostile I propose just to destroy her after Brage's quest is complete.

This might qualify as a fix.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#44 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 02:49 AM

Hmmm, we are starting to get a little bit tweaky, in my opinion. I believe that killing Charlestonn absolutely CE of alignment in itself, and fair enough if you take a huge reputation hit. If you are evil, you shouldn't have such a high rep anyway! Can others comment?

Remember Silke? You can kill 3 innocent merchants but receive only -2 to rep. What's the difference to Nib? You can even kill annoying Noober in Nashkel to get rid off him... without any penalty! So I'm sure that there shouldn't be 2 penalties for the same deed, even so much "evil" one. :devil:

I just think the problem with making it JOURNAL is it becomes lost in all the other mess. The final chapter journal entries is a bit of a mess as well... Comments?

I can't imagine that anybody don't remember about that merchant... :)

Again, this strikes me as a bit of a tweak. Are we going to decide exactly how long it takes him to the temple?

No. 'coz it's just impossible unfortunately. But instant travelling sucks.
Another idea - force Brage to follow the party as Rufie does until temple or Oublek is reached. Or, as far as he agreed to be delivered to Nashkell, even make him a temporary NPC to act as an ally for some (not very long) period of time. And then to activate BRAGECUT only inside the temple. That will make sense... And that would be a very nice tweak with some extra options to choose. You can change your mind about him at any point then: kill him cruelly, get him back to garrison (Oublek - some dialog extension is necessary) or to the temple. If you'll "forget" about him and will try to use his aid as a party member for too long he could turn hostile after some period of time (2 or 3 days) with some crazy dialogue....

Edited by King Diamond, 28 December 2005 - 03:06 AM.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#45 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 10:47 AM

A very small issue.

When Laurel invites you to hunt some gibberlings (LAUREL.DLG) she Wait(15) after spawning the game that seems a little bit too much. Shouldn't she join the party earlier? Perhaps Wait(10) or such... just to avoid possible Fireball... ;)

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#46 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 11:47 AM

DYNAJ.D

2 states (s6 and s7 in .D) must be deactivated (add False() to the triggers). Otherwise Dynaheir would leave party if being talked to.
-------------------

aMINSCP.D

State s3.
There must be "DynaP" dialogue set, NOT "DynahP".

Edited by King Diamond, 28 December 2005 - 11:58 AM.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#47 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 01:11 AM

aEDWIN.D

State s14 must look like this:
IF ~Dead("Dynaheir")
GlobalLT("ENDOFBG1","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN BEGIN s14
  SAY @628
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY @8784 DO ~SetGlobal("DynaheirDeath","GLOBAL",1) 
JoinParty()~ EXIT
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY @8785 GOTO s20
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY @8786 DO ~EscapeArea()~ EXIT
END

Without SetGlobal("DynaheirDeath","GLOBAL",1) and if Edwin managed to kill Dynaheir he speaks the same statement from EDWINJ.DLG once again if spoken to.

+ another thing. There're a little mess with "Rescue Dynaheir" journal entries. Some of them stay unremoved, not all quest concluding states remove all/any of them etc.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#48 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 09:51 AM

+ another thing. There're a little mess with "Rescue Dynaheir" journal entries. Some of them stay unremoved, not all quest concluding states remove all/any of them etc.

To be more specific, EDWIN.DLG doesn't clean up journal entries. J and P do well...
------------------------

DYNAHE.DLG, MINSCJ.DLG

When you're rescuing Dynaheir and choosing not to accept her in the party she says: "As thy wish, though the logic of thy decision escapes me. Come Minsc, we depart forthwith." (state 5) and then her dialogue switches you to ~MINSCJ~ when you can reconsider and accept both of them.
BUT, before it brings you to ~MINSCJ~, it adds a journal entry:

~Rescue Dynaheir from the gnoll stronghold.

I have rescued a mage by the name of Dynaheir, just as Minsc requested. Perhaps we might have traveled together a while, but I saw no need.~

So, after accepting both NPCs, you will have another entry as well:

~Rescue Dynaheir from the gnoll stronghold.

I have rescued a mage by the name of Dynaheir, just as Minsc requested. They will both be valuable assets to my group, I am sure.~

Both entries are mutually exclusive.

To fix that, 1st journal entry should be moved from DYNAHE (state 5) to aMINSCJ (state s6, 1st reply).
------------------------------

Freeing Dynaheir without prior talking to Minsk or Edwin doesn't clear journal as well (there could be an entry from the gnoll outcast).

Edited by King Diamond, 29 December 2005 - 09:51 AM.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#49 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 07:08 PM

Freeing Dynaheir without prior talking to Minsk or Edwin doesn't clear journal as well (there could be an entry from the gnoll outcast).

What journal entry/entries is/are created if you don't even talk to Minsc and Edwin, and just go and free Dynaheir by yourself? I'd like exact text.

Edited by Ascension64, 30 December 2005 - 07:09 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#50 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 01:52 AM

What journal entry/entries is/are created if you don't even talk to Minsc and Edwin, and just go and free Dynaheir by yourself? I'd like exact text.

There could be one entry about what gnoll Ingot told you:
"Rescue Dynaheir from the gnoll stronghold.
A woman is being held captive in the gnoll fortress to the west!...."

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#51 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 03:50 AM

There could be one entry about what gnoll Ingot told you:
"Rescue Dynaheir from the gnoll stronghold.
A woman is being held captive in the gnoll fortress to the west!...."

So you are suggesting to introduce a new journal entry instead of 'clearing' a journal entry...?

--------------
Retired Modder

#52 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 04:58 AM

So you are suggesting to introduce a new journal entry instead of 'clearing' a journal entry...?

Where? No.... Initially I suggested that DYNAHE.DLG would clear all "Rescue Dynaheir from the gnoll stronghold" and "Meddling mages" journal entries as all other (J and P dialogues) do. Nothing more... :P

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#53 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 07:10 AM

None of the chests in Gullykin village (AR98xx) are trapped, so you can unscrupulously rob poor hobbits just in their presence making them crying in powerlessness.

Gullyking chests protection system is incomplete in BG1. Related stuff: ACT13.BCS, HALFEN,HALFEN2.CRE, HALFEN.DLG. So, this could be another tweak...

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#54 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 07:29 AM

Firewine ruins.
Undead knight KNIGHTSK.CRE, .DLG.
I would make him initially NEUTRAL and add Enemy() to his dialogue. Otherwise it's possible to kill him too early, before he told you his clue...
-------------------

The same thing for OGREMA02.CRE. Should be NEUTRAL.

Edited by King Diamond, 05 January 2006 - 07:54 AM.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#55 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 07:40 AM

BGKNIGHT.DLG
Instead of plain check for MISC82 I'd replace it with
OR(2)
NumTimesTalkedTo(0)
!PartyHasItem("MISC82")
for the 1st state. That would have some sense IMO.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#56 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 08:43 AM

SHARTE.DLG
State 13.
Trigger must be

HPPercentLT(StrongestOfMale,50)

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#57 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 09:44 AM

Global issue.

When NPC was petrified and then "stone-to-flesh"-ed he/she still has his "IWasKickedOut" local variable set to 0. And if you talk to him/her he/she responds with _P.DLG state that triggered by IWasKickedOut=0 check that is not so good. IMO more resonable would be some kind of "I'm glad you returned" response. But that needs IWasKickedOut=1.
To resolve that situation I propose to add extra code to the common aAliveNPC.BAF.
It should looks like following:
IF
	StateCheck(Myself,STATE_STONE_DEATH)
	GlobalLT("ENDOFBG1","GLOBAL",2)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("IWasKickedOut","LOCALS",1)
END

IF
	Die()
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("BGTNPCNAMEAlive","GLOBAL",0)
END

IF
	Global("BGTNPCNAMEAlive","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("BGTNPCNAMEAlive","GLOBAL",1)
		Continue()
END

That will solve the problem.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#58 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 10:24 AM

BGVICNIA.BCS
Starting section should look like this:
IF
	See("FlamingFist2")
	!Dead("FlamingFist2")
	Allegiance("FlamingFist2",ENEMY)
	HaveSpell(CLERIC_CURE_LIGHT_WOUNDS)
	HPPercentLT(Myself,50)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		Spell(Myself,CLERIC_CURE_LIGHT_WOUNDS)
END

IF
	See("FlamingFist2")
	!Dead("FlamingFist2")
	HaveSpell(CLERIC_COMMAND)
	!StateCheck("FlamingFist2",STATE_SLEEPING)
	!StateCheck("FlamingFist2",STATE_HELPLESS)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		Spell("FlamingFist2",CLERIC_COMMAND)
END

IF
	See("FlamingFist2")
	!Dead("FlamingFist2")
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		Attack("FlamingFist2")
END
(plz notice that one block with HaveSpell(0) removed)

Without the !Dead() check Viconia constantly tries to attack even dead mercenary. + if you cast her out of party within a visible range to the dead mercenary she never switches to _P dialogue because of DPLAYER2.BCS would never take control.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#59 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 11:03 AM

AR8900.BCS, AR9000.BCS
BANDIT2.CRE should be spawned near Raiken and Teven, not BANDIT.CRE.
BANDIT2s are NEUTRAL bandits as it should be. BANDIT2.BCS controls their response to a possible shout which will make them enemies.
----------------------
BANDIT2.BCS

It's in use by BANDIT2.CRE only.
It contains a check for a shout from "Banditcr" - the person that will never appear nerby.
Heard("Banditcr",ALERT_1) should be changed to Heard("Teven",ALERT_1).
---------------------
RAIKEN.DLG, TEVEN.DLG
There're some actions with Shout(ALERT_1), but they don't work - an order of actions is wrong. It should look like:
Shout(1)
Enemy()
and not vice versa. Nobody will hear that shout otherwise because all shout-triggered enemies are listening to the shouts from NEUTRAL persons. And if that person would first turn hostile it won't be NEUTRAL anymore.

Edited by King Diamond, 05 January 2006 - 11:24 AM.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#60 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 01:53 AM

SHARTE.DLG
State 13.
Trigger must be

HPPercentLT(StrongestOfMale,50)

No, the dialogue in State 13 is a general statement about how weak the party is, not how weak the males in the party are.

Nobody will hear that shout otherwise because all shout-triggered enemies are listening to the shouts from NEUTRAL persons. And if that person would first turn hostile it won't be NEUTRAL anymore.

That's funny you say that. Doesn't the script check that the person at the RECEIVING END of the shout is NEUTRAL, not the person DELIVERING the shout?

Edited by Ascension64, 06 January 2006 - 02:06 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder