• This topic is locked This topic is locked
190 replies to this topic

#181 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 08:29 PM

So importing a savegame into ToB preserves all global variables? AFAIK, you can't go straight from SoA to ToB without having to export-import.

I imported no savegame. I played straight into ToB from Mary Magus' house--MoveToExpansion(). Why would you not be able to play right into ToB? You always could before. If this is a fact, then I smell a serious limitation in the BGT package. One that was introduced with BGT-weidu. One that should be corrected, as this is the antithesis of continuity. I'm pretty sure this is not what you meant. Especially if BGSENDAI is all that stands in the way. ;) It's the only BGT-related error I've seen thus far, and I'm down to only Balthazar left standing in the Five.

For the record, it looks like I missed BGSENDAI in BP-BGT as well. That's because I never managed to get a game this far along. :lol:

#182 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 02:40 AM

Ok, ppl...

I've finished BGT part and just been transferred smoothly to the chores part of my install. :D

So, my current bug hunting run for BGT is complete... until the next release. :)

------------------------------------------------------- (bottom line)

P.S. Forgot about one thing.
Many BG stores use the same STO that looks very strange (from the player's point of view) and very annoying (for me). I'd change that assigning unique STO for every store in game.

Edited by King Diamond, 05 February 2006 - 02:44 AM.

(last update: 02-12-2008)
----------------------------------------------
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#183 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 04:26 AM

So importing a savegame into ToB preserves all global variables? AFAIK, you can't go straight from SoA to ToB without having to export-import.

I imported no savegame. I played straight into ToB from Mary Magus' house--MoveToExpansion(). Why would you not be able to play right into ToB? You always could before. If this is a fact, then I smell a serious limitation in the BGT package. One that was introduced with BGT-weidu. One that should be corrected, as this is the antithesis of continuity. I'm pretty sure this is not what you meant. Especially if BGSENDAI is all that stands in the way. ;) It's the only BGT-related error I've seen thus far, and I'm down to only Balthazar left standing in the Five.

For the record, it looks like I missed BGSENDAI in BP-BGT as well. That's because I never managed to get a game this far along. :lol:

In my knowledge, Mary Magus' stuff does not exist in BGT-WeiDU. Therefore, what are the related files and scripting? You'd better not have any more new areas! :devil:

Speaking of BGSENDAI, I really should reset DVs for any other overlapping DVs such as Tazok, Gorf, etc. to avoid any incompatibiliy issues with BG1-SoA.

I've finished BGT part and just been transferred smoothly to the chores part of my install.

About time you got there! Good work. :cheers:

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#184 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 06:34 AM

In my knowledge, Mary Magus' stuff does not exist in BGT-WeiDU. Therefore, what are the related files and scripting? You'd better not have any more new areas! :devil:

Speaking of BGSENDAI, I really should reset DVs for any other overlapping DVs such as Tazok, Gorf, etc. to avoid any incompatibiliy issues with BG1-SoA.

No, I have TDD installed. I thought you meant in bgt-weidu you are supposed to stop and start a brand new game when you reach ToB, similar to what you have to do with TuTu for BG1-->2. You certainly did not need to in classic bgt (well, in bp-bgt for certain). I'm hoping this is not the case, because that sort of defeats the purpose of continuity. "Same Immy from Candlekeep to the Throne" was the old creed. Did that get lost/discarded along the way somewhere?

Especially when there is an action custom-made for this purpose: MoveToExpansion(). Why not use it?

Edited by horred the plague, 05 February 2006 - 06:38 AM.

#185 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 11:10 AM

I think the problem here, Horred, is that BGT-Weidu by itself will not give you that continuation. You have to also have TDD installed. Not all players are going to know or understand this. So a game that has BGT-Weidu and SoA with no other mods, is not going to give you Imoen from "Candlekeep to the Throne". Now that players have options as to which mods to install or not install, there are going to be assumptions from the past that we can't use anymore.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#186 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 12:27 PM

I think the problem here, Horred, is that BGT-Weidu by itself will not give you that continuation. You have to also have TDD installed. Not all players are going to know or understand this. So a game that has BGT-Weidu and SoA with no other mods, is not going to give you Imoen from "Candlekeep to the Throne". Now that players have options as to which mods to install or not install, there are going to be assumptions from the past that we can't use anymore.

Would the continuation from at least Eleesime's speech to the stone head area be so difficult to add, however? I'd like to request an optional component of that nature, seeing as it is so easy to put together. A couple lines of dialog, with a MoveToExpansion() action at the end--nothing fancy is "required". Or is TDD going to be an eternal requirement for true continuity of the three games?

P.S.--I realize this is drifting from bug reports now, but an important issue nonetheless--should we move the thread elsewhere?

#187 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 12:32 PM

I'm unclear on what's going on here. BG2 by default transfers you to ToB once you've heard Ellesime's speech. Why does BGT change that?
Repeating cycle of pubes / no pubes.

A Comprehensive Listing of IE Mods

#188 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 01:35 PM

This is TDD that extends the game after the battle with Irenicus in hell. BGT doesn't affect the transition.

#189 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 06:40 PM

I'm unclear on what's going on here. BG2 by default transfers you to ToB once you've heard Ellesime's speech. Why does BGT change that?

That was precisely my question--seems we had a misunderstanding, that is all. ;)

#190 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 02:11 AM

Ok, guys! Feel free to flood this topic. DOn't need it anymore.... :lol: :cheers:

(last update: 02-12-2008)
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#191 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 02:51 AM

Ok, guys! Feel free to flood this topic. DOn't need it anymore.... :lol: :cheers:

No one needs to add any more to this. Topic closed and unpinned.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)