• This topic is locked This topic is locked
190 replies to this topic

#21 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 01:43 AM

Finally, it is also intrinsically clear that modders shouldn't use the False() dialogues.

Can I use that in my signature? :lol:

(last update: 02-12-2008)
----------------------------------------------
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#22 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 01:47 AM

Finally, it is also intrinsically clear that modders shouldn't use the False() dialogues.

Can I use that in my signature? :lol:

Go for it. I hope that spiel made sense. :lol:
:cheers:

And I should add that, it is not the False() states who's numbers should be preserved. It's those False() states that are not right at the end of the dialogue file.

Edited by Ascension64, 21 December 2005 - 01:49 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#23 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 10:18 AM

It's not a big deal but it's always very annoying for me personally.... :D

SCRLAUTO.ITM (famous kobolds' autograph) marked as stackable. Where can we get another autographed scroll then? :)

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#24 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 11:25 AM

SKELETB & ZOMBIEB.CRE - Bassilus "family"
FOOTY.CRE - a boy nearby

They have SHOUT.BCS Override script. Footy uses the same script that means that as soon as you start to fight Bassilus and his minions they start to shout and that innocent boy will become hostile as well. So, FOOTY must not use that script.
We can't remove SHOUT.BCS from a usage of the undead because there'll be a possibility to kill them one by one not attracting others to fight.
--------------------
Another problem arrives if you'd kill Bassilus, report immediately to Beregost and then return back. You will still meet Footy and he'd still tell you that he's spying on Bassilus. So I think it's necessary to give Footy a script that will destroy him upon a completion of Bassilus' quest (instead of SHOUT or anything else)...
--------------------

TOWNCR.DLG (BGTOWNCR.CRE)

There's a trigger Dead("Bassilus"). It shall be changed to Global("BassilusDead","GLOBAL",2).
Otherwise the town crier will be "aware" of Bassilus' death even if you've not reported it to the temple. :)

Edited by King Diamond, 23 December 2005 - 11:43 AM.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#25 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 11:56 AM

P.S. What's happened to XP award reduction tweak? I've just scribed 2 scrolls for 2000XP and immediately leveled up. Still inside Candlekeep...

I just set up a new one for BP-weidu. Even harsher than my former XPBONUS.2DA. Getting "rich" from such things takes a lot of the challenge out of the game, especially at the lower levels. I'll probably add it in to the upcoming "optional XP reduction" component.

#26 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 09:36 PM

TOWNCR.DLG (BGTOWNCR.CRE)

There's a trigger Dead("Bassilus"). It shall be changed to Global("BassilusDead","GLOBAL",2).
Otherwise the town crier will be "aware" of Bassilus' death even if you've not reported it to the temple. :)

I think this one is OK, because rumours seem to fly around the sword coast like migrating birds! :lol:

The Footy and the scroll stuff is fixed. SCRLJALA.ITM is also now non-stackable.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#27 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 06:11 AM

Thalantyr & Melicamp

1) MELICAMP.BCS should be EXTEND_BOTTOM with the following (as it was in previous BETAs):
IF
  See("Thalantyr")  // Thalantyr
  Global("SpawnChicken","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
	SetGlobal("SpawnChicken","GLOBAL",1)
	Dialog([PC])
END
He won't initiate/continue a dialogue when you bring him to Thalantyr 'because EXTERN ~MELICA~ 17 from THALAN.DLG doesn't work somehow.... :huh:

2) 3 ActionOverride("MELICA",DestroySelf()) in THALAN.D have to use DV that is "Melicamp".

3) State 17 of MELICA.D.
I'd add !Global("HelpThalantyr","GLOBAL"1) to it. Otherwise it'll start that conversation over and over again if spoken to.

4) THALANTR.BCS
I'd add a small modification to it:

IF
Trigger(1)
THEN
RESPONSE #50
StartCutSceneMode()
Face(1)
SmallWait(1)
ForceSpell("Melicamp",EFFECT_ONLY)
Wait(1)
ActionOverride("Melicamp",Polymorph(MAGE_MALE_HUMAN_LOW))
EndCutSceneMode()
ActionOverride("Melicamp", Dialogue([PC]))
RESPONSE #50
StartCutSceneMode()
Face(1)
SmallWait(1)
ForceSpell("Melicamp",EFFECT_ONLY)
Wait(1)
ActionOverride("Melicamp",Polymorph(MAGE_MALE_HUMAN_LOW))
Kill("Melicamp")
EndCutSceneMode()
END

5) Melicamp still has a chicken soundset after been polymorfed.... Looks and sounds very strange for an adult male :D

Edited by King Diamond, 24 December 2005 - 06:37 AM.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#28 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 10:12 AM

DROTH.CRE - Ogre-mage

Should be NEUTRAL by default.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#29 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 05:39 PM

He won't initiate/continue a dialogue when you bring him to Thalantyr 'because EXTERN ~MELICA~ 17 from THALAN.DLG doesn't work somehow.... :huh:

By any chance, did you change THALAN.DLG so that his dialog was pausing? I set his dialog to non-pausing and it worked without problems.

--------------
Retired Modder

#30 kharan5876

kharan5876
  • 204 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 09:22 PM

5) Melicamp still has a chicken soundset after been polymorfed.... Looks and sounds very strange for an adult male

I always thought that was intentional. It's kind funny I guess. Don't know what original bg1 does.

#31 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 01:49 AM

By any chance, did you change THALAN.DLG so that his dialog was pausing? I set his dialog to non-pausing and it worked without problems.

No, it's non-pausing.
I had 'Force Dialog Pause=1" in my .ini :)

But in this case MELICA.DLG should be made non-pausing as well. I have the last Thalantyr's phrase missing otherwise.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#32 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 02:45 AM

But in this case MELICA.DLG should be made non-pausing as well. I have the last Thalantyr's phrase missing otherwise.

Which Thalantyr phrase is that one?

--------------
Retired Modder

#33 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 02:52 AM

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 9 // from: 15.0 13.0 8.0 7.0
  SAY ~Apprentice?!  I have had no apprentices!  I teach no one about what I... wait... Melicamp?  MELICAMP, is that you?!!~ /* #85102 */
  IF ~~ THEN EXTERN ~MELICA~ 17
END
I've tested it multiple times. Sometimes it appears for a half of a second and then a dialogue immediately displays Melicamp's response from the state 17. But in the most cases that phrase doesn't appear at all before Melicamp's response.
When I set MELICA.DLG to non-pausing as well all started to work properly.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#34 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 03:05 AM

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 9 // from: 15.0 13.0 8.0 7.0
  SAY ~Apprentice?!  I have had no apprentices!  I teach no one about what I... wait... Melicamp?  MELICAMP, is that you?!!~ /* #85102 */
  IF ~~ THEN EXTERN ~MELICA~ 17
END
I've tested it multiple times. Sometimes it appears for a half of a second and then a dialogue immediately displays Melicamp's response from the state 17. But in the most cases that phrase doesn't appear at all before Melicamp's response.
When I set MELICA.DLG to non-pausing as well all started to work properly.

Well, that is really odd, because this state is only referenced by the file itself (THALAN.DLG). Why would it simply skip over it?

--------------
Retired Modder

#35 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 03:14 AM

Well, that is really odd, because this state is only referenced by the file itself (THALAN.DLG). Why would it simply skip over it?

Some kind of "synchronization" issue between pausing and non-pausing dialogue types... But it has a sense anyway to have dialogues of the same type with references to each other.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#36 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 10:58 AM

AR9500.ARE, sirines' problem.

There're 2 bunches of sirines, one of which is lead by Sil (SIL.CRE). She's NEUTRAL as it should be and starts a conversation with the party. But 2 other sirines nearby are SIRINE.CRE and they're initially HOSTILE that is not correct. It's not a problem to mark SIRINE.CRE as NEUTRAL, but there's another problem with that.

Second bunch of sirines has SIRINE_A, _B and... SIRINE.CRE. But as far as there's a minor difference between SIRINE and SIRINE_B that could be a replacement for the 2nd band. So we could finally mark SIRINE.CRE as initially NEUTRAL.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#37 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 11:25 AM

GOLEMF.CRE

I don't know why but it uses DEFAULT Ogrillon's soundset entries in battle despite having many non -1 entries set.

I thought before that only if CRE's soundset is entirely set to -1, only in that case engine uses default entries taken from 2DA that corresponds to the creature's animation slot. But I see that I was wrong... :huh:

I any way, having so talkative golems seems very strange to me... :ph34r:

AR9501.ARE

All 4 traps don't have any script set, so they're useless now. Shouldn't the pirates' treasure be protected a little bit more?

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#38 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 04:28 PM

GOLEMF.CRE

You mean they are saying things like 'You mess with me, you mess with you!', 'Time for some carnage!', 'Die, pip-squeaks!' ?

--------------
Retired Modder

#39 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 01:33 AM

GOLEMF.CRE

You mean they are saying things like 'You mess with me, you mess with you!', 'Time for some carnage!', 'Die, pip-squeaks!' ?

Yes

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#40 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 11:15 AM

Something must be done with an evil path for Charleston Nib's excavation quest.
-8 points of penalty to the reputation (in total: -6 for killing Nib and -2 will "give" you Gallor) is toooo much IMO... ^_^

CHARLE.CRE - Class should be changed to NO_CLASS(255) instead of INNOCENT(155).

Edited by King Diamond, 27 December 2005 - 11:16 AM.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme